Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #391
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Wow Lori. That's a lot to take in. Try not to stress

I had that issue withy placenta when I was pregnant with my son. Mine moved and I never had any issues. I hope the same for you

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 05:20 AM   #392
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Lori, relax and let your body do it's thing. this is the time in your life where you can be selfish and lay around doing nothing, especially if they categorize you as high-risk. are you taking metformin right now? i have been this entire time and because of that i haven't needed any additional meds for balancing my blood sugars, diet and exercise keep me in check fairly well. (i say exercise but not so much anymore - i'm too tired!) sometimes too much knowledge just freaks me out! the BBC board is scaring me now because of all the early births being posted everyday!

Suzie - great news! you get a free pass to relax too!

DP - good job getting the nursery done while waiting for DH to return. mine looks like a tornado went through it. we sign on the new house on Friday and we're hoping the lady will be out before her 30-days after close she requested, It would be such a huge relief for the entire family if we could... but we'll see.

i think the baby turned on me last night, or is at least lying transverse now - my belly looks and feels completely different than it did yesterday and she was rolling all over last night, lots of bumps and twists where i haven't felt them before.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:25 AM   #393

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Lori, relax and let your body do it's thing. this is the time in your life where you can be selfish and lay around doing nothing, especially if they categorize you as high-risk. are you taking metformin right now? i have been this entire time and because of that i haven't needed any additional meds for balancing my blood sugars, diet and exercise keep me in check fairly well. (i say exercise but not so much anymore - i'm too tired!) sometimes too much knowledge just freaks me out! the BBC board is scaring me now because of all the early births being posted everyday!

No I'm not on any meds, I am very anti meds, which was my motivation for reversing my borderline diabetic "diagnosis" two years ago.
I can't lay around and do nothing, I have a job, and need this job to have my health insurance. Hubbys work is so off and on I couldn't depend on his insurance, so I got this job specifically so I could have a baby! LOL
Old 09-19-2012, 06:33 AM   #394
KQT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
No I'm not on any meds, I am very anti meds, which was my motivation for reversing my borderline diabetic "diagnosis" two years ago.
I can't lay around and do nothing, I have a job, and need this job to have my health insurance. Hubbys work is so off and on I couldn't depend on his insurance, so I got this job specifically so I could have a baby! LOL
my husband's insurance was a rip so i'm the insurance carrier for the family too. his boss is giving him 2 weeks paid vacation when baby's here but that's it - no FMLA like I will be on. I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the entire 12 weeks too. I banked up all my sick leave just for baby time. my co-worker told me you'll never regret taking the entire time, and you always earn sick leave when you go back anyways. that sealed the deal for me!

Last edited by KQT; 09-19-2012 at 06:35 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Lori It will work out! At the end of this pregnancy you will have a happy healthy baby. Try to focus on that if you can!

So I have a question about the SMEP. People are saying you need to sit with your legs up or hips elevated after DTD, are they for real? I always thought that was an old wives tale.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #396
KQT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
So I have a question about the SMEP. People are saying you need to sit with your legs up or hips elevated after DTD, are they for real? I always thought that was an old wives tale.
honestly - I did put my butt up on a pillow and legs on the headboard afterwards for a few minutes the last few times we tried to conceive. but i don't know if that's why it worked!
Old 09-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #397

I never did that. Though I guess it could kind of make sense. I drip a lot (sorry if tmi) and I could see it keeping it in. Lol
Old 09-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #398

Gallery: pocahontas
Lori - why are they putting you straight on a GD diet as opposed to testing you again with the 3hr GTT? Your doc seems to be treating you as high risk from the get go.
I failed the 1hr GTT but passed the 3hr GTT so technically I didnt have GD but my fasting number was on the high end, not as high as yours though.
Get used to all the doc appts! I missed a ton of work with my pregnancy but most of it was in the 3rd tri.
Go to the class and listen but their carb suggestion is very high. If they are going to have you monitor BS this early in the game, you have time to figure out what works and what doesnt.
The best advice I was given to help with high fasting numbers is to have a protein snack before bed. It helped tremendously. Good luck!

So I have now had 2 people in the last week tell me that its time for another baby because DS is getting to be such a big boy. Ya think? We're working on it! Of course I dont tell them that.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
No, I dont do that!
Old 09-19-2012, 05:04 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys! Good to know it is not necessarily required
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I called the hospital today and they are printing me out a copy of my ultrasound from Monday for me! I know it won't like more than a dot, but I want to have them all to compare them through time! I now know I can put in that request and will do so immediately this coming Monday during the follow up ultrasound. Even if they won't give them to me until the next day it doesn't matter. I only live about three minutes from the hospital.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:47 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Lori - why are they putting you straight on a GD diet as opposed to testing you again with the 3hr GTT? Your doc seems to be treating you as high risk from the get go.
I failed the 1hr GTT but passed the 3hr GTT so technically I didnt have GD but my fasting number was on the high end, not as high as yours though.
Get used to all the doc appts! I missed a ton of work with my pregnancy but most of it was in the 3rd tri.
Go to the class and listen but their carb suggestion is very high. If they are going to have you monitor BS this early in the game, you have time to figure out what works and what doesnt.
The best advice I was given to help with high fasting numbers is to have a protein snack before bed. It helped tremendously. Good luck!

She said that high blood sugars this early in pregnancy can cause malformations. From what I see online she is correct. I really do think she's trying to scare me. My very first visit I had high sugar in the urine and she threatened me with being admitted to the hospital! To be honest I'm happy she's not talking about the 3h test yet...
I'd rather eat a low carb diet for the remainder of my pregnancy then subject my body and my baby to 50 grams of pure sugar again and with no food none the less!
My fasting blood sugars are 110ish, 2 years ago when I was "borderline diabetic" they were anywhere from 116-160!
I've been a good little girl today, ate very low carb (except a protein cereal I had for breakfast that had 30 freaking carbs!) and am hoping for better numbers in the morning. I'll let ya all know!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 09-20-2012, 05:50 AM   #403

RESULTS FROM ONE DAY!

Yesterday I ate:
Breakfast Kashi go lean protein cereal, kinda high in carbs...1 hour after meal 205! I've never seen my bs that high before, I'll never eat it again.

Snack: nuts and cheese
Lunch: spinach leaves with ham, turkey and gouda

Before dinner BS was 80!!!
Dinner: home made chili, ground beef, tomatoes onion, green pepper, chilies, about 4 tbsp of beans (white, kidney and black) topped with cheese. Checked my bs an hour later, 99!

I CAN DO THIS WITH FOOD CHANGES!
Fasting this morning was 94, back in the safe zone!
Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #404
KQT

Lori, good job being pro-active! yesterday was a bad food day for me, i got stuck at work for a few extra hours and had to improvise so i had popcorn for dinner. morning BS was 94 so it wasn't too horrible. my 2hr PP's after my morning smoothie are always in the 90's so that's what i've stuck with for breakfasts most of the pregnancy - the thought of eggs just makes me gag and the last time i had chili i got so sick. funny how pregnancy ruins food for you, i used to love a bowl of chili and had eggs every morning.
Old 09-20-2012, 06:46 AM   #405

Quote:
Lori, good job being pro-active! yesterday was a bad food day for me, i got stuck at work for a few extra hours and had to improvise so i had popcorn for dinner. morning BS was 94 so it wasn't too horrible. my 2hr PP's after my morning smoothie are always in the 90's so that's what i've stuck with for breakfasts most of the pregnancy - the thought of eggs just makes me gag and the last time i had chili i got so sick. funny how pregnancy ruins food for you, i used to love a bowl of chili and had eggs every morning.
I usually love eggs. Tried to have some the other day and I almost gagged on them, but this last week I've gagged alot in the morning, even on water. It's different then the morning sickness though, that's been gone for about a month now. Weird, I dunno why I keep gagging every morning. I WISH I could have eggs for breakfast,
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #406

Lori - WTG!

6DPO today and dying over here! I seem more anxious this cycle and I dont know why. I just need to calm down and be patient. It's far too early to test.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #407

I still have issues with eggs unless they are hard boiled.

I'm HUNGRY today.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #408

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I just eat cheeseburgers day after and day and am always happy. I do have steak once or twice a week.
About to take James out for a walk, he is sounding fussy and a walk always fixes that
Old 09-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #409
Major LCF Poster!

Lori: That Kashi cereal is poison for a low carber! I have been eating nuts in the morning, they go down easy even though I'm not usually feeling food in the morning. Nice and fatty so they keep me feeling full too.

Pocahontas: Fingers crossed for you! It is nice to be able to do the wait with other people, it keeps my mind off of my wait for ovulation/periods and things! I can tell this group will help me keep my sanity. I am slowly turning TTC into a science project (I am a scientist and do this with EVERYTHING) even though I promised DH I wouldn't. You guys help me focus my baby energy elsewhere
Old 09-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #410

Thanks CJ! This group keeps me sane too.

I dont think I ate a single egg when I was pg with DS. I added steel cut oats and a little fruit to my woe when I was pg and usually had the oats for breakfast. Oats do cause a spike in BS for some though so tread lightly.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #411

Yeah I can't do anything like that to keep my blood sugars in check, brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat bread, it's all evil with my body.

Had a mock danish for dessert. mmmm those are yummy!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:56 PM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

How are you guys? I had a tough day at work today so am indulging in some wine. I am expecting to ovulate around Sunday. Have been using OPK's and am interested to see if they will come up positive when I think they should. My diet is going really well, lots of fruit, veggies, greek yogurt, and nuts. STILL need to cut back on coffee but I have successfully cut way, way back on diet coke, which I consider a big win. Taking my folic acid every day and doing SMEP to the letter. We'll see! It will be fun to try something else next month if this doesn't do it!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #413

So I called the dietician at the GD clinic and mentioned what my after dinner Blood sugars were, and now they are telling me that it's too low! Geesh! Make up your minds people!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #414
KQT

cj, i had to use the digital opk's to get the clear yes/no, the plus&minus signs were too hard to decipher. the first response brand gives you 20 sticks and the other kits were only 7 days.

Lori, my 2-hr ranges from 90's - 110ish. 130 is my gauge that i ate too many carbs for dinner. my doc did want to see my fastings below 90 but she wasn't too concerned for seeing the higher 90's. don't stress yourself about it, you have a long road ahead of you so you'll find your balance
Old 09-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

KQT, that's the one I bought! The strips looked too complicated to me! I just got a yes on it, so onto the next step of SMEP! When I popped the strip thing out of it the line was really dark. I noticed that they only have one line, I wonder if it doesn't use a control?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:57 PM   #416

Quote:
cj, i had to use the digital opk's to get the clear yes/no, the plus&minus signs were too hard to decipher. the first response brand gives you 20 sticks and the other kits were only 7 days.

Lori, my 2-hr ranges from 90's - 110ish. 130 is my gauge that i ate too many carbs for dinner. my doc did want to see my fastings below 90 but she wasn't too concerned for seeing the higher 90's. don't stress yourself about it, you have a long road ahead of you so you'll find your balance
They are having me check 1 hour after meals, and said it should be between 120-135. I added some corn in at dinner and one corn tortilla, then it was right where they wanted it! LOL.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #417

image.jpg

I got the baby's lettering done. I actually have the room mostly done.

How has everyone's weekend been? I'm so exhausted. Counting down the days until dh gets home. And next weekend my sister visits. I'm very excited
Old 09-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #418

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
UGH... long day. James made a poo all over himself today. I was in the grocery store too. He was covered from head to toe in poo. It took me forever to get him cleaned up and get back to my cart! I just had to laugh, it was that bad. I threw the outfit away, not even going to try and save it.
Oh, and my husband is being a big grump today.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
The letters are so cute!! I love them!

We have had a very tiring weekend! I told DH I apologize to all those woman in early pregnancy that I thought were being dramatic when they said they were exhausted! I was so tired just from going to my cousin's birthday party and grocery shopping! I had to lay on the couch for a bit!

I made up the pregnancy announcement I want to put on Facebook, when we announce it to everyone! I am so excited about how it turned out! We originally planned on waiting until second trimester, but we are both getting very anxious to tell everyone. I could see us spilling the beans if my ultrasound (Wed.) and dr. appt (Thurs.) go smoothly this week!

Here is the announcement!:

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 09-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #420

That is so cute Suzie! Clever idea!

Ugg Suzanne. I remember that happened with me once when I was out to eat with my BFF. My son went everywhere. I threw the outfit in the trash and we enjoyed our meal with a naked baby
Closed Thread