Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2012, 11:50 AM   #361
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
I hope everyone is doing well! I had some light bleeding yesterday. This being my first pregnancy, it freaked me out, even though I know it can be common! I called my doctor's exchange number. He was super nice and promptly called me back. He said to not worry too much as it is not too uncommon. He threw in there to take it easy this weekend and call the office first thing Monday morning and they will get some blood work going.

I went ahead and put in for the day off on Monday. I have 15 paid days off built up, so it isn't a huge deal. I am going to call right when they open and push for my appt from the 27th to be moved up to tomorrow if possible, if not to get blood work orders that I can go fill in the morning.

If nothing else, it gives me one more day of taking it easy so baby can get stuck really well! We look at four houses tomorrow afternoon. We are REALLY liking on in particular, hoping to not be disappointed.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #362
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I hope they can move your appointment Suzie. How far along are you again? I had a full on period when I was about 5 weeks pregnant with my son. It's actually how I knew I was pregnant because I never got a period before! I'm sure everything is fine

I've been having a lot of BH contractions and some pain in my abdomen. Baby is also much bigger because I can feel her higher up towards my ribs now. My son felt her move today for the first time
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #363
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I hope they can move your appointment Suzie. How far along are you again? I had a full on period when I was about 5 weeks pregnant with my son. It's actually how I knew I was pregnant because I never got a period before! I'm sure everything is fine

I've been having a lot of BH contractions and some pain in my abdomen. Baby is also much bigger because I can feel her higher up towards my ribs now. My son felt her move today for the first time
Aw, what did he think about feeling her? I'm sure it's okay too, but it still startled me. My mom and both sisters said they all had bleeding early in pregnancy too. According to websites I'm about 5 1/2 weeks along, so not far.
Old 09-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #364

He's 3 so I don't know that he fully understands. He asked if she was mad at me because she was kicking me he lays in my tummy all the time trying to hear her. I think he was a little shocked.

I was about 5 weeks when I bled with my son too. try not to stress
Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 AM   #365

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
My friend texted me yesterday to tell me she had a miscarriage. Her husband and myself were the only ones who knew was pregnant. This is her second miscarriage. A lady at work miscarried a couple weeks ago. I feel so bad for them. Everyone around me is miscarring almost makes me feel guilty.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:03 AM   #366
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Lori - so sad for your friend.

my baby shower was yesterday and holy baby girl clothes, batman! i tried going through the gifts last night when i got home and i was overwhelmed, i have nowhere to put all these fabulous clothes! we really lucked out as we received both a pack 'n play and a bassinet so we'll be covered until we get our furniture ordered after we move. my mom's blessing for the food had me in tears - thanks hormones.

suzie, i had some minor bleeding at about 6w so I went in for an U/S and they couldn't find the baby and thought it was a blighted ovum - so i was freaked out for the entire weekend until we could go in for another U/S the next week. lo and behold, there she was! so as hard as it is to not worry - don't freak out, spotting is quite common.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #367
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Wow, I've been mia here....these last few weeks of pregnancy have been really hard. I am due in 3 weeks, gulp! And Brandon just came down with hand, foot and mouth disease. He can't go to daycare until he doesn't have a fever for 24 hours and while I am home from work today or tomorrow for the Jewish holidays, I am really not supposed to be around him because apparently if I catch it, it can be very harmful to the new baby---especially since I am so close to delivery. So, DH is home taking care of him and he is working on hardly any sleep because he was up with him all last night. I feel like everything is imploding in on us and I am just sitting here crying. Crazy pregnancy hormones are not helping either....and I have a pretty bad sunburn from going to the Giants football game yesterday. This all sucks! I hear Brandon in his bedroom crying and he won't go down for a nap and DH is in there with him trying to calm him down. THIS is the hard part about having babies....it hurts your heart to see them so sick and to know that your partner is working on fumes too and I can't do much for either of them because I am so tired from being so pregnant.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 09-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #368

We hand hand foot mouth here not too long ago. The twins got it really bad. The doctor told me it wasn't harmful to me at all?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #369
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post

my baby shower was yesterday and holy baby girl clothes, batman! i tried going through the gifts last night when i got home and i was overwhelmed, i have nowhere to put all these fabulous clothes! we really lucked out as we received both a pack 'n play and a bassinet so we'll be covered until we get our furniture ordered after we move. my mom's blessing for the food had me in tears - thanks hormones.

suzie, i had some minor bleeding at about 6w so I went in for an U/S and they couldn't find the baby and thought it was a blighted ovum - so i was freaked out for the entire weekend until we could go in for another U/S the next week. lo and behold, there she was! so as hard as it is to not worry - don't freak out, spotting is quite common.
Thanks for sharing your story! They sent me for blood work today and I have a pelvic ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon. My sister had called me and told me not to worry if they don't see anything, that it took three times before they saw my nephew (who is now 11).

On another note, my arm is really hurting after getting blood drawn and right near where she drew the blood feels kind of hard. Has anyone ever had this? I don't remember this happening before.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #370

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Just stopping in to say hi! James is 5 months and eating like a monster. I have never seen a baby eat so much. Ground beef is by far his favorite. I was feeding him sweet potatoes at dinner and then he saw my cheeseburgers, well he flipped out until I started feeding him the ground beef, lol. Eggs are his second choice, but they are really messy.
The breastfeeding is a lot less now that he eats so much real food, that makes life easier.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
Thanks for sharing your story! They sent me for blood work today and I have a pelvic ultrasound scheduled for this afternoon. My sister had called me and told me not to worry if they don't see anything, that it took three times before they saw my nephew (who is now 11).

On another note, my arm is really hurting after getting blood drawn and right near where she drew the blood feels kind of hard. Has anyone ever had this? I don't remember this happening before.
Let us know! I was thinking about you today and was checking in to see what the doc said.

Lori--so sad about your friend
Old 09-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #372

Gallery: pocahontas
Lori - to your friend.

Suzanne - Your little man is growing up!

Sharon - So sorry sweetie! Give your LO some extra snuggles from me tonight. And get your rest and dont feel guilty about it! I know its hard when LO is sick but he has Daddy to take care of him. Daddy is up for the job, Im sure.

Suzie - Keep us posted and try not to worry about it, early preg bleeding is very common.

As for me, temp this morning confirmed O on Friday. We had good timing so now the waiting begins.

I had a rough weekend, having a hard time staying on plan. I always do this about a month into it. I need to snap out of it quickly.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:29 PM   #373
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The doctor ordered blood work and a pelvic ultrasound. The ultrasound was really secretive about everything, so I didn't see anything or hear anything. He then told me I could wait around and they would get me some results. I waited at the hospital for an hour for my doctor to tell me to go home and check back in with his office this week. I called the office almost right away, because even though I know it is normal I couldn't help but starting to get upset.

The nurse said he wouldn't give me any results over the phone, so we have an appointment to go see him at 3:20 to hear what is going on. I can't help but be super anxious and worried. I try not to, but I keep thinking if there was nothing wrong they would have said so over the phone.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #374

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post

That is SO Awesome! I'm kinda worried about that too. So many people are already asking about a baby shower, but I don't have room for a lot of gifts! Don't know where I'll put it all!

Quote:
The doctor ordered blood work and a pelvic ultrasound. The ultrasound was really secretive about everything, so I didn't see anything or hear anything. He then told me I could wait around and they would get me some results. I waited at the hospital for an hour for my doctor to tell me to go home and check back in with his office this week. I called the office almost right away, because even though I know it is normal I couldn't help but starting to get upset.

The nurse said he wouldn't give me any results over the phone, so we have an appointment to go see him at 3:20 to hear what is going on. I can't help but be super anxious and worried. I try not to, but I keep thinking if there was nothing wrong they would have said so over the phone.

Ah man, that is scary. Hugs and prayers for you girl!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #375

My fingers are crossed Suzie. I know it's hard but try not to stress too much.

I wish I could have a little girl baby shower!
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 AM   #376

Today I go to the OB and will likely get the results of my glucose test, my fasting blood sugars have also creeped up. I was getting numbers between 70-95 every morning, now they have been over 100 every morning. I guess it's time to cut out all sugar except fruit. Been struggling to get back to LC since morning sickness.

Had 2 eggs with cheese for breakfast, but didn't finish because I felt like I was going to start gagging on it.
On my way to work I'll have an iced coffee made with Sugar free, decaf swiss mocha, a little protein powder and milk.
Lunch is ham and gouda over a bed of spinach
Nuts for snacks.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 AM   #377

I have my glucose test next week
Old 09-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #378

Quote:
I have my glucose test next week
Good luck!
They did mine super early!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Good luck!
They did mine super early!
Yeah I was thinking that! Is it because you are high risk?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:31 AM   #380
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Sorry for the meltdown last week. Must have been PMS. Thanks for all the supportive words.

Diet is going good, but yesterday I ate a TON! The scale was down a pound this morning. I usually get the munchies before a drop. I'm slacking a bit on the exercise. I need to take 15 minutes and hit the elliptical at work today.

We're leaving very early Saturday morning for a 7 night Alaskan cruise. Right now I'm planning on staying LC. But we all know how hard it can be on vacation, especially when it's a floating buffet. I have to be careful though, because I have PCOS, sugar really messes up my cycle. I'm preparing a menu and shopping list now for the week we get back, so I can jump right back in when we return.

In hindsight, it's probably a blessing we're not pregnant yet. Now I'll be able to have a glass of wine on vacation, and I can take motion sickness meds since I'm prone to kind of thing. I guess it will all work out.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 09-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #381

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I skipped my glucose test. There was no way they were going to get me to drink that sugar crap.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #382

Suzie - hang in there! I will be checking for your update.

Lori - I thought you seemed early for the GTT too.

Carlini - You seem to be in much better spirits. Enjoy your cruise and take a deep breath and let it all go. It will happen, when the time is right.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:53 PM   #383
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Enjoy your cruise, Carlini! It will be just the think you need to recharge your batteries, I just know it.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #384
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Thanks Andi and Sharon.

Now Andi - get your butt back on plan. Or I'm comin for you.

Last edited by CARLINI; 09-18-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #385
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for all the prayer and support!

The doctor said everything is great so far! He saw a sack in the uterus where it should be, and my hormone levels are really good. He is having me on pelvic rest just as a precaution and doing another ultrasound next week to make sure we are going in the right direction, but he is confident it is fine.

He profusely apologized about yesterday. He didn't even know I had called the office. He said he will be talking with his staff, and gave me a particular nurse's name to ask for in case it would happen again.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Thanks Andi and Sharon.

Now Andi - get your butt back on plan. Or I'm comin for you.
Thank you, I sooooooo needed that.

Quote:
Thanks for all the prayer and support!

The doctor said everything is great so far! He saw a sack in the uterus where it should be, and my hormone levels are really good. He is having me on pelvic rest just as a precaution and doing another ultrasound next week to make sure we are going in the right direction, but he is confident it is fine.

He profusely apologized about yesterday. He didn't even know I had called the office. He said he will be talking with his staff, and gave me a particular nurse's name to ask for in case it would happen again.
YAY!!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:11 PM   #387

Yay Suzie! Take it easy now

Well it is storming here so I decided to be productive and I put together the crib. Dh will have to tighten it and I know it's way early, but I want to have the room mostly done when he gets home. I'm in love with the pink princess stuff
Old 09-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #388
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks!

DisneyPrincess: I would be the same way! I would want to see it all up and together!

On another positive note, after tons of house viewings, we found one we love! We are going to look at it a second time tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #389

Nice Suzie!!

Yup, got the crib up and the bedding on, the mobile put together, a shell and the diaper holder hung, and a iprincess decal on the wall. It's looking like a nursery. Now I just need a baby
Old 09-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #390

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking that! Is it because you are high risk?
No I'm not high risk...YET.
So I had my OB appointment today, the glucose test came back high. it was 180 and she said it should be under 140.

I dunno if the doc just keeps trying to scare me or what, she always makes things seem worse then the nurse does.

She enrolled me in the Sweet Success program, which is where you see a dietician, and they give you blood sugar monitoring supplies. They want me to follow their diet and check my blood sugars 4 times a day.
The doc told me if my blood sugar isn't in check after 2 weeks of their diet, she is putting me on meds and moving me to a high risk doc! Which means there goes all my plans for a water birth with a midwife.
I am determined not to take meds! I gotta make this happen!
\
They want me to go to a class for this program next tuesday morning, basically said that's the only time they do it. Don't they realize people work? How the heck do they expect me to do this?

On another note, she did ANOTHER ultrasound, that makes 3 now at 14 weeks. And I asked where the placenta was, she said it was on the bottom laying over the cervix. She wasn't concerned and said it should move.
This is where knowing too much can be a dangerous thing! I know all too well from my experience working in the hospital what placenta previa is and what this could mean if it doesn't move. Bed Rest, bleeding, c section. My mind is going crazy tonight with stress.
Closed Thread