Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: pocahontas
When I had DS, we didnt have a room for him either. We lived in a little 1bd bungalow on the beach! By the time we moved, he was 8 mo and desperately needed his own space.

Carlini - for you!

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, chocolate & pb protein shake
L - leftovers - grilled chix & caprese
D - burgers on the grill w/ all the fixins!
S - slice of crustless cheesecake

Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Carlini
Old 09-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #333
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCJ View Post
Suzie CONGRATS!!! Omg you guys must be thrilled!! Didn't you guys get married in Vegas? So exciting!

DP: How is your little girl today? Any movement at all?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Hi ladies! Im back from vacation.

Sooooo happy and glad to have taken some time off. Unfortunately I am up a few lbs but not going to let that derail me!

Suzie! and Congrats!

I have some catching up to do!

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, chorizo & eggs
L - leftover grilled chix over romaine, homemade thousand island
D - pork chops, caprese salad
S - slice of crustless cheesecake, 1 chopped strawberry

I should be O'ing sometime this week. we catch the egg this cycle!
Sorry ladies I wasn't ignoring you! I have had a busy few days at work and have not done much beyond reading in bed and going to bed in the evenings. I have been so tired!

Thank you! We are so excited! Yes, we got married in Vegas in April. We decided to try this year because I'm still in my teacher aide position, which is more forgiving than a first year teaching position! We were just really surprised when it happened in two months! It will work out great though, because I will be due right as school is wrapping up.

Now, we have started the process of house hunting, because we were already squeezed into this little house with DH, myself, stepson, and doggy! When DH moved in, we turned a room that isn't really a bedroom into one for stepson to have his own space. Now we decided it was time to get out there looking at three bedroom houses! That is a frustrating process with out deceptive pictures are online. Crossing our fingers that the inside of this house we love is as good as the pictures and driving by it, because we both love it from that!

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/
Old 09-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #334

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I hope it's a good one Suzie! I've moved 6 times in the last 7 years so I know how daunting it can be!

Morning everyone. I was having a TON of Bh contractions last night. I was getting worried but they finally eased up.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #335
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LucilleMcgill
Stats: 240/209/150
WOE: low/moderate carb
Start Date: 11/19/2012 while pregnant b/c Gestational Diabetes
Hi Ladies-
I haven't posted on the boards in what seems like forever and I have never posted on the baby talk board.
I'm 17 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and I'm trying to eat lowish/moderate carbs with this pregnancy. We just moved to a new state and I don't know anyone here yet. I am less than happy with my choices for delivery. So I'm trying to keep my chin up. My first 2 were born at home with a Nurse Midwife and my 3rd was a water birth at the birth center. Looks like I will have to go to the hospital this time around and I am scared of that!!! I'm still checking into other options but it's been frustrating. I have faith it will all work out though! It always does
I'm looking forward to getting to know you all. Congratulations to those of you who are pregnant. Prayers and baby thoughts going out to those of you who are TTC!!!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:12 AM   #336

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
We live with my husbands grandma to help her out and to help us out. My husbands work is so off and on it's insane. I dunno how we would have survived if we didn't live here.
2 bedroom apartments in our town run for $1300+ a month and this one is $650. It's too good of a deal to move out! Plus grandma is 82 and it's kinda of scary to have her living alone. So not only do we not have a bedroom for our baby, we really don't even have space. This is "grandma's place" we basically just have a bedroom and a small area in the living room. Our bedroom is tiny, we will basically have to get rid of some furniture just to have room for the co sleeper/crib. I agreed to stay here til baby is 1, after that we HAVE to get our own place.

Well I'm off to do that horrible glucose test this morning. Having a hard time fasting. I usually eat breakfast as soon as I get up!

Carlini! good luck!
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 09-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

Suzie: House hunting was totally grueling for DH and I. We looked at so many houses! We were both pretty choosy but it was SO worth it in the end. We have the PERFECT house. You might want to think about going for the 4 bedroom, to save yourself a move in the future!

Lucille: Welcome! So happy for you, at 17 weeks you are pretty close to DisneyPrincess! I too am trying to keep thinks lower carb but have been failing miserably and packing on the pounds. Not good when you are getting ready for a baby! Trying hard to clean up my act and stop drinking so much dang coffee.

Lori: Do you think DH's grandma would consider moving to a new place with you guys? Maybe get a three bedrooom and she could pay you rent and you could still continue to help her out, just in a bigger place. Something to think about!

Carlini: Any news?
Old 09-13-2012, 06:53 AM   #338

Quote:

Lori: Do you think DH's grandma would consider moving to a new place with you guys? Maybe get a three bedrooom and she could pay you rent and you could still continue to help her out, just in a bigger place. Something to think about!
No she wouldn't move unless medically forced too.
1. She's lived here over 30 years and it's hard to even get her to agree to let us do things like paint. She doesn't cope well with change.
2. Anything else would cost a lot more.
3. She's very prideful, she won't admit that she needs someone here with her, when we moved in she agreed and said "I can handle this place on my own, but since it will help YOU out, then sure."
She's been leaving house keys in the door over night, leaving water running and blowing out all the pilot lights on the stove and filling the house up with gas and not even realizing it. So no, she can't handle it on her own.

I told DH, at some point we are going to have to do what's best for OUR family and let her kids take care of her. Not trying to be cold, but I don't think it's in our babies best interest to live in this crappy place.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #339
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Dooditsglory
Stats: 211preg 185 post/174/145
WOE: Primal lc
Start Date: August 13,2013
Hey everyone
May i join the TTC Thread?
Old 09-13-2012, 11:07 AM   #340

Hi ladies!

LucilleMcgill & Armystolehim04!

CJ - Moving sux but house shopping can be fun! DH and I are in the preapproval process and hope to purchase a home in the next few months. They are pricey here!!! It scares me but we need our own place and somewhere for the kiddos to grow up.

Lori - That is a tough situation! Good luck with your GTT!

Still waiting to O over here.

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, greek yogurt w/ pb
L - leftover grilled chicken, roasted veggies
D - not sure yet
Old 09-13-2012, 11:44 AM   #341
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Neg HPT this morning. AF isn't here yet, but I "feel" it coming. I'm so sad. I just want to be a mom. I want to give DH children to love. On to month #5, but now I'm really starting to wonder how long is this going to take us? My swollen, tingling, burning boobs aren't helping the situation. Either is the I certainly feel pregnant

B ~ peanut butter cookies, coffee
L ~ chicken salad, avocado
S ~ almonds
D ~ meatballs and spaghetti squash

to all of us TTC and to all the mommies and mom's to be

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 09-13-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Neg HPT this morning. AF isn't here yet, but I "feel" it coming. I'm so sad. I just want to be a mom. I want to give DH children to love. On to month #5, but now I'm really starting to wonder how long is this going to take us? My swollen, tingling, burning boobs aren't helping the situation. Either is the I certainly feel pregnant
I have the same thoughts often. I know we were very lucky in conceiving DS so quickly so I need to have patience for this one. Our day will come Carlini! Youre not out until TOM shows!

It has been 6 months and 7 cycles for us. I am hoping this 7th cycle will be ours! I am charting with TCOYF and this cycle we decided to do the Sperm Meets Egg plan as well. Google it if youre interested.

Last edited by pocahontas; 09-13-2012 at 12:08 PM..
Old 09-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #343

Im praying for you all. It only took me 2 weeks with Stella Grace but it took over 7 months with my son so I know how you all feel
Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

S ~ almonds

Carlini, I agree. You aren't out until AF shows! I've noticed that since I got off the the birth control pill (4 months ago) my PMS symptoms are becoming increasing severe each month. I'm trying to take those into account next month! There is also some sickness going around, do you think you have something? I ran in to get the tdap vax last week and my family doc said we already have the flu going around here.

I picked up some ovulation predictor kits today (kinda pricey!). Just as something to try, my OB/GYN recommended them since I was trying to get pregnant in a 3 month window to work around grad school (grad school is now on hold so we are good to conceive anytime really). Will give them a try and see if I'm ovulating when I think I am. Currently Day 6 in my cycle, period ended today.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #345

Quote:

S ~ almonds

HUGS girl! Don't stress about it, just let it happen. And have faith that it WILL happen.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #346

Well DH starts working night shift for a couple months next week. It's going to be hard to have him away at night, but on the other hand I'm kinda looking forward to having the bed to myself at night since I've been having so much trouble sleeping. Is that bad?
Old 09-13-2012, 05:52 PM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Well DH starts working night shift for a couple months next week. It's going to be hard to have him away at night, but on the other hand I'm kinda looking forward to having the bed to myself at night since I've been having so much trouble sleeping. Is that bad?
Totally not bad! I kick my DH out frequently for snoring. No guilty feelings here! When we first started dating I told him very plainly (it was perhaps a bit forward) that I do NOT date people who snore. Snoring is like nails on a chalkboard X 100000 to me and the sound of it turns me into a homocidal maniac. Since he likes me he tells what he considers a tiny white lie and says he doesn't snore. Puh-lease! He snores like a machine gun! By the time I found out it was too late and I was in love. Four years later and we're married. Ahhh. Good times.

So long story short don't feel bad about not missing DH Especially when you're pregnant! You need your rest!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #348

Quote:
Totally not bad! I kick my DH out frequently for snoring. No guilty feelings here! When we first started dating I told him very plainly (it was perhaps a bit forward) that I do NOT date people who snore. Snoring is like nails on a chalkboard X 100000 to me and the sound of it turns me into a homocidal maniac. Since he likes me he tells what he considers a tiny white lie and says he doesn't snore. Puh-lease! He snores like a machine gun! By the time I found out it was too late and I was in love. Four years later and we're married. Ahhh. Good times.

So long story short don't feel bad about not missing DH Especially when you're pregnant! You need your rest!
Hahaha! I'm so lucky DH doesn't really snore. It's rare and when he does it's quiet. My ex had sleep apnea, I never got any sleep over all his snoring/struggling to breath. Yet another reason to be grateful I married the one I did! HA!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #349

There are some nights I'm sure dh would behead he's not in bed with me. I'm starting to get very restless and very uncomfortable, not to mention getting up 3-5 times to go to the bathroom!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #350
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Armystolehim04!

And Lori, forgot to say, that is too bad about Grandma. You are too right in saying that eventually you guys have to put your family first. That stuff she does is so dangerous! There is no way an apartment filled with gas is good for a pregnant lady or a baby. Such a difficult situation but sometimes pride can be a terrible thing. You have to take care of yourself!

Pocahontas, the sperm meets egg plan is interesting, I think we will give it a go this month! Couldn't hurt
Old 09-14-2012, 06:36 AM   #351

Quote:
Welcome Armystolehim04!

And Lori, forgot to say, that is too bad about Grandma. You are too right in saying that eventually you guys have to put your family first. That stuff she does is so dangerous! There is no way an apartment filled with gas is good for a pregnant lady or a baby. Such a difficult situation but sometimes pride can be a terrible thing. You have to take care of yourself!

Pocahontas, the sperm meets egg plan is interesting, I think we will give it a go this month! Couldn't hurt
Yeah, she smokes, but only smokes outside, I can just imagine if she tried to light her cigg a little early as she was going out the door! YIKES
Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #352

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
My husband never sleeps in our bed and I am 100 % good with that. He snores, sneezes, and just makes a lot of noise. He also works nights, so he is gone most nights anyway. It would be annoying to share my bed after 4 nights alone.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #353
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
With my husband gone, its foreign for me when he is home. Me and the dog are quite comfy together and then he comes home and those two end up hogging the bed and I'm hanging off the side of the bed with my blanket.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #354
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
AF showed today.

I really appreciate the support here. DH doesn't want anyone to know we're trying, so I really don't have anyone I can talk to about this. I mentioned it to my BF, and her response was, 'go to an OB and see what drugs they can give you' It's a bit early for that, and secondly, if you really know me (which she does) you'd know I'm pretty anti-drug. I try to do most things natural if possible. Mostly what I get from DH is smart azz jokes/comments. So yea, not feeling a ton of support IRL. You would expect that the people closest to me would understand this is the most important thing to me. Always has been.

Also slowly building is the resentment. Part of the reason I'm so stressed about this is because I'm 36. If it were up to me, I would have had a baby a long time ago. But DH had to wait until the right time, and now I feel like I'm up against the clock. If it turns out we can't conceive and it's an age related issue, that won't do good things for my marriage.

Thanks for listening Obviously in a bad place now... hope it will be better tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #355

Do not panic says the 41 year old with the 5 month old, lol.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #356

Don't worry about your age. I think it's a lot more common now to have babies when you are older. My aunt was 43 when she had her last and she is seriously one of the coolest moms I know

I've been having a lot of BH contractions the last 3 days. VERY uncomfortable
Old 09-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #357

Carlini, we never tell anyone we are TTC either. We didnt with DS and we havent this time either. I think it just adds stress because it invites questions. Since you are only starting your 5th cycle TTC, I would skip the drugs too. Not my style either! We waited a little longer to start our family than I would have liked too. DH is 3 yrs younger than me so I felt that I was always waiting for him. We waited for him to finish college before we got married, then we waited for him to be ready before we had a baby. I was not happy but knew that I couldnt do it without him being on board completely. Im sorry your DH is being a smart azz, maybe that is his way of coping with it? He is probably nervous. I have no doubt this WILL happen for you! Dont even worry for a second about your age, there are women having babies into their 40's now without complications. In fact, my friends and I all waited until our early/mid 30's to start our families. I think its the new trend.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #358

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post

I've been having a lot of BH contractions the last 3 days. VERY uncomfortable
to you too DP! BH are no fun.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:45 AM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

Carlini This is the perfect place to come and vent. Trust me you are muuuch better off not telling people that you are trying for a baby. Only a couple of girls I work with know, I work with my best friend and some of the other girls I hang out with socially once in awhile. Of course BF knows we are TTC, and I let it slip to one of the other girls at yoga that I was ovulating during our honeymoon. We had a luncheon last week at work celebrating DH and I's marriage, and the girls got together and gave me a bag of candy that was kid related (Junior Mints, Crybabies, Sour Patch Kids, etc.). I opened it in front of EVERYONE I work with. Including my boss, my bosses boss, and that bosses boss.

On an unrelated note, my yearly review is in two weeks and the entire branch assumes I'm pregnant. I could die, really. I got a big raise last year and was going to push for another this year. Now, idk. Probably not so much. Ugh.

Getting back to you, does your DH know you are legitimately upset? Sometimes I have to tell DH very plainly, "I am upset about this. I want to be alone for awhile, and when I'm done being alone you need to be more understanding." He is a really super sweet guy but it is just our sense of humor to make everything a joke. Sometimes we have to bring each back down to earth over things.

Also, if I were you I would totally wait on the drugs. Give it a solid year and see where you are after that. I don't think 36 is old at all! You have plenty of time!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #360

I went through the drugs for fertility. I also tried IVF. Neither worked and both were a nightmare. I am so glad that things happened naturally for us. We thought we wanted another baby right after Andrew, but we now realize that it would have been way too much stress on our marriage. So, God does not give you what you ask for, but he gives you something even better!
Having a baby this late in life has really been amazing for our whole family. James came along, not when I thought he should, but he came at the best possible time.
Closed Thread