Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #301
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Suzie
Hey everyone! Can I join? I recognize a lot of faces from the Playground, where I usually post. I have been lurking in this thread while we have been TTC. We just got a positive this past week! Actually three.. I just couldn't believe it so I kept taking tests! I took one yesterday and it turned positive in about 15 seconds.

My first doctor appointment is September 27. What all usually happens at the first appointment? I'm hoping it isn't too exciting because I had to make it at a time DH can't make it. I told him I'll make the next at my first, so we can hopefully get a later appointment.

According to websites I should be a little over four weeks along and due around May 14. I'm super nervous about it all right now, but very excited too!

ETA: Also, when did you tell people? We have only told very close family and friends as of right now. After the first appointment we will tell more family. We aren't planning on saying anything on FB or telling more people until 12 weeks in or so.

http://suziesnewnormal.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I spent last weekend watching youtube videos of ECV's. The one's I saw didn't look *that* bad...but then I started doing some googling and reading about them and that brought my anxiety level back up to high! Have you checked out spinning babies .com by any chance? They give some interesting positions for you to get in to try to get baby to turn. They also mention the Webster technique too which I see you've been trying. For my tranverse dudes (my first was tranverse too, but he turned MUCH earlier), I did the getting on all 4's position for as long as I could stand it a couple times a day. I don't know if that is what worked to get them to turn, but it probably didn't hurt!

Turn, Krissy's baby, turn!!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 09-09-2012, 07:09 AM   #303
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Welcome Suzie and congrats!

You are too early to have much done at your first appointment. They will probably just confirm pregnancy and schedule your next appointment. You won't even get a heartbeat so early on.

When you tell people is totally up to you. Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester so a lot of people wait until they are out of that danger zone. A lot can happen so early on. I know how hard it is NOT to tell though. We told people around 10 weeks simply because dh was deploying and he wanted to share the news.

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. Enjoy every minute it truly is amazing
Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 AM   #304
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Suzie! Welcome and congratulations!!!

My first appointment involved peeing in a cup, a pap smear (groan!) and going over all my meds and other health history. Frankly, I was glad DH wasn't there for that! She also gave me my first ultrasound orders that I would have at the hospital and blood work orders. So, nothing too exciting. They really don't start listening to the heart beat on the doppler until a few weeks later (can't remember exactly when, but by then I had already had a couple of internal ultrasounds and heard it (these ultrasound were given by my reproductive endo who had followed me for the first 8 weeks or so----but we had gotten pregnant on our own).

I told my parents and two best friends right away, and my boss (we are super close, she's like a second mom to me). DH told his parents and his boss because he wanted him to know that he was going to be needing some time to go to my ultrasounds. We didn't officially make "the" announcement to the public until after 12 weeks though.

Congrats again!!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #305
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Welcome Suzie and congrats!

You are too early to have much done at your first appointment. They will probably just confirm pregnancy and schedule your next appointment. You won't even get a heartbeat so early on.

When you tell people is totally up to you. Most miscarriages happen in the first trimester so a lot of people wait until they are out of that danger zone. A lot can happen so early on. I know how hard it is NOT to tell though. We told people around 10 weeks simply because dh was deploying and he wanted to share the news.

I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy. Enjoy every minute it truly is amazing
Thank you for confirming about the first appointment! I figured, but was feeling bad for making it when he couldn't come. I want to try to avoid missing work as much as possible for the appointments, and I had a half day that day!

Yes, that's why we are *trying* to keep it to ourselves as much as possible right now! This is my first pregnancy, so super excited, but very scared/nervous too! I have a stepson who is 7 so DH has been through this before, but is still very excited.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Hi Suzie! Welcome and congratulations!!!

My first appointment involved peeing in a cup, a pap smear (groan!) and going over all my meds and other health history. Frankly, I was glad DH wasn't there for that! She also gave me my first ultrasound orders that I would have at the hospital and blood work orders. So, nothing too exciting. They really don't start listening to the heart beat on the doppler until a few weeks later (can't remember exactly when, but by then I had already had a couple of internal ultrasounds and heard it (these ultrasound were given by my reproductive endo who had followed me for the first 8 weeks or so----but we had gotten pregnant on our own).

I told my parents and two best friends right away, and my boss (we are super close, she's like a second mom to me). DH told his parents and his boss because he wanted him to know that he was going to be needing some time to go to my ultrasounds. We didn't officially make "the" announcement to the public until after 12 weeks though.

Congrats again!!!!
Thank you! We are so excited! I've let it slip to a few friends who are close, but I wasn't going to tell yet. I was just too excited to not tell them! I'm trying to reign that in as much as possible now.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #307

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
That's what scares me! the "if you PTL we'll just take her" comment was an eye opener! My chiro has been doing the webster method this entire pregnancy and she's not budging so if she hasn't turned on her own then maybe i don't want to try the ECV. (and of course i just youtube'd it and seeing it freaked me right out!) the possibilities of the version not working worries me, so if it means she cooks a little longer and I have a c-s at 39w then i'm fine with that. DH doesn't want me to attempt the version at all.

DP - glad you felt her move! she's just busy growing. if you've been up walking around or keeping busy you probably rocked her to sleep. i think the 2nd tri was the easiest for me.
I just youtubed it and the two I saw looked pretty painless and simple. It was kinda neat to see how easily the doc turned the baby. Maybe the video(s) you saw were bad ones to watch! LOL.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I just youtubed it and the two I saw looked pretty painless and simple. It was kinda neat to see how easily the doc turned the baby. Maybe the video(s) you saw were bad ones to watch! LOL.
You probably saw the same ones I did! One doctor and the patient were even joking through it. I heard that they'll usually know right away if the baby is going to turn successfully or not.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post

ETA: Also, when did you tell people? We have only told very close family and friends as of right now. After the first appointment we will tell more family. We aren't planning on saying anything on FB or telling more people until 12 weeks in or so.
We told everyone the day we found out! We were too excited! The reason we didn't wait til after the first trimester was kind of a religious one and kinda hard to explain over the internet. But we did discuss not telling people and decided that wasn't an option. I'm now 13 weeks and almost out of the "danger zone"!
Old 09-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #310

Quote:
You probably saw the same ones I did! One doctor and the patient were even joking through it. I heard that they'll usually know right away if the baby is going to turn successfully or not.
Yeah there was a male doc, a nurse, daddy and what looked like a female intern. And the doc was joking and play elbowing the baby. And at the end they commented on how "quiet this ECV was". lol
Old 09-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #311
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Have you checked out spinning babies .com by any chance? They give some interesting positions for you to get in to try to get baby to turn. They also mention the Webster technique too which I see you've been trying. Turn, Krissy's baby, turn!!
yes, i have been trying the couch inversion method, downward dog, and laying on the floor with my hips elevated. the doc pushing on the blonde girl's stomach was what worried me, it looks like it would hurt and my baby's head is right up against the placenta so that's what concerns me the most. my DH keeps saying if she doesn't want to move down there then don't make her. easy for him to say, he's not dealing with an extra head in his ribs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
We just got a positive this past week! Actually three.. I just couldn't believe it so I kept taking tests! I took one yesterday and it turned positive in about 15 seconds.
yay! the first few weeks are the hardest! for my first visit appt i did the peecup then met with the nurse who went over my history, then my 2nd visit was with the doc for a pap. we didn't tell anyone besides our parents and close friends until the 12w U/S, but i did tell my employer right away for the sick leave appts. i heard the HB at 10w appt with the doppler but i also had a couple U/S before then so we saw her HB at 7w.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Suzie CONGRATS!!! Omg you guys must be thrilled!! Didn't you guys get married in Vegas? So exciting!

DP: How is your little girl today? Any movement at all?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #313

She's been active as usual the last 2 days. Thank you for asking. I'm thinking she was toasty warm in there since I had a fever and was just sleeping a lot.

I put up her curtains yesterday. I can't wait to get the room together. I'm still waiting for the bedding though and finishing up her name for above her crib. I'll take pictures soon
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #314

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies! Im back from vacation.

Sooooo happy and glad to have taken some time off. Unfortunately I am up a few lbs but not going to let that derail me!

Suzie! and Congrats!

I have some catching up to do!

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, chorizo & eggs
L - leftover grilled chix over romaine, homemade thousand island
D - pork chops, caprese salad
S - slice of crustless cheesecake, 1 chopped strawberry

I should be O'ing sometime this week. we catch the egg this cycle!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #315

There's a die hard low carber at work and she made me lunch today! I love when she brings me lunch, I know it's healthy! I had egg salad over a bed of spinach. YUMMO!

It's super duper hot here and I'm still trying to get over this cold. In about an hour it should be cool enough to go for a walk. I really need to get my motivation up for these walks, it's really hard to want to do anything with all this heat!
Old 09-11-2012, 04:18 AM   #316

I slacked off on my walks for a while too. Picked them up again this week when we got back into the 80s. It's the only time I'm ever happy to see summer leaving
Old 09-11-2012, 04:54 AM   #317

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I was so lazy during my pregnancy, I spent the whole 9 months watching tv. I was just way too tired to do anything. I certainly never went walking! I barely went to the grocery store.
James is doing well, 5 months now and doing a lot of smiling, laughing, and rolling. Oh, and he slipped out of my hands in the bath last night and went under the water. He looked at me like I was a total idiot for the rest of the night. It does make you realize how quickly things can go wrong with water!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:16 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I was so lazy during my pregnancy, I spent the whole 9 months watching tv. I was just way too tired to do anything. I certainly never went walking! I barely went to the grocery store.
James is doing well, 5 months now and doing a lot of smiling, laughing, and rolling. Oh, and he slipped out of my hands in the bath last night and went under the water. He looked at me like I was a total idiot for the rest of the night. It does make you realize how quickly things can go wrong with water!
uh oh, yeah that could be scary. Glad he's ok!
Old 09-11-2012, 06:27 AM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: SouthernCJ
Stats: 146/Pregnant!/129 5'9"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: December 2009
Quote:
I slacked off on my walks for a while too. Picked them up again this week when we got back into the 80s. It's the only time I'm ever happy to see summer leaving
It should be in the 80's here all week, really looking forward to it. When I got into my car yesterday morning it was actually cool in there. After the summer we've had it was like a full on miracle!
Old 09-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #320

I wish I could be lazy everyday! There are any days I'm swearing at myself for working 40+ hours a week.

Scary stuff Suzanne! Kyle went under the water at the pool this summer. He always had his floaties on but wanted to just play in the shallow end without them. He slipped back in like 1/2 a foot of water and couldn't figure out how to get up! I think it was more traumatic for me. Never again without the floaties. Lol
Old 09-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #321

Yea, it was a one second thing and a lifelong lesson for this mom! I am trying to be grateful to God for teaching me this lesson before I made a major mistake.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #322

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Yea, it was a one second thing and a lifelong lesson for this mom! I am trying to be grateful to God for teaching me this lesson before I made a major mistake.
I felt the same way. Thank goodness I was right next to him to catch him. I can easily see how kids drown now
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM   #323

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi again! How is everyone?

Carlini - Where are you?

Suzanne - I am so glad James was ok. Harris has done that once or twice on his own. I am always there, sitting next to the tub to pull him up but its scary nonetheless!

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, chorizo & eggs
L - leftover grilled chix over romaine, homemade thousand island
D - cheese and bacon stuffed poblano's
S - slice of crustless cheesecake, 1 chopped strawberry
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #324
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm off work sick today. I was up most of the night sick to my stomach. I'm trying not to read too much into that, but in the back of my mind, I know what that can mean.

I'm due to test on Thursday. I'm really nervous about it for some reason this month. I want to be PG so bad, it's our 4th cycle trying, and I just would have a REALLY hard time with a negative HPT! I know it can take up to year, and I need to be more patient, but I'm struggling with that.

Diet is still really good. I also took an exercise class at work yesterday. I'm very sore today, but the company offers these classes on work time and I should take full advantage! I also got up the courage to weigh myself this weekend, and it wasn't good. But at least I know where I'm at now, and I've lost about 6 pounds. I can lose faster if I count calories, but it burns me out and gives me diet mentality, so for now I'm going to continue to eat LC, exercise, and stop when full.

B&L ~ eggs, left over steak, tomatoes, coffee
D ~ pulled pork and broccoli salad

I hope to be back later with personals, if I feel up to it. Have a great day ladies

Baby Boy born 10/11/13

Last edited by CARLINI; 09-11-2012 at 01:31 PM..
Old 09-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #325

I got Stella grace's bedding today yup I'm in love with it. Oink princess stuff! I'm glad I spent the money and ordered it, it's a lot cuter than some stuff in the stores IMO. I'm just waiting on a big castle wall decal. We can't paint here so I'm tryin to make it eye catching for her.

Ok, I never thought I'd say this, but hurry up winter!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
I have a lot of catching up to do!

I'm off work sick today. I was up most of the night sick to my stomach. I'm trying not to read too much into that, but in the back of my mind, I know what that can mean.

I'm due to test on Thursday. I'm really nervous about it for some reason this month. I want to be PG so bad, it's our 4th cycle trying, and I just would have a REALLY hard time with a negative HPT! I know it can take up to year, and I need to be more patient, but I'm struggling with that.

Diet is still really good. I also took an exercise class at work yesterday. I'm very sore today, but the company offers these classes on work time and I should take full advantage! I also got up the courage to weigh myself this weekend, and it wasn't good. But at least I know where I'm at now, and I've lost about 6 pounds. I can lose faster if I count calories, but it burns me out and gives me diet mentality, so for now I'm going to continue to eat LC, exercise, and stop when full.

B&L ~ eggs, left over steak, tomatoes, coffee
D ~ pulled pork and broccoli salad

I hope to be back later with personals, if I feel up to it. Have a great day ladies

Hope you're feeling better soon! And good luck with the HPT!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #327

Quote:
I got Stella grace's bedding today yup I'm in love with it. Oink princess stuff! I'm glad I spent the money and ordered it, it's a lot cuter than some stuff in the stores IMO. I'm just waiting on a big castle wall decal. We can't paint here so I'm tryin to make it eye catching for her.

Ok, I never thought I'd say this, but hurry up winter!
So exciting! Her room will be lovely.
I kinda get sad when I realize we won't be decorating a nursery, because we don't have one!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #328

My son is 5 months and he has no room yet, no worries. We even have 2 spare bedrooms, just have not done it yet. He sleeps with us in bed anyway. One of these days, we will decorate a room for him.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #329

I'm sure our little girl wont be in her room for a while either. We had the room, that's why I'm doing it..plus, it's giving me something to occupy my time with my husband gone
Old 09-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #330
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I don't even know which house we'll be in when our girl comes! we're supposed to close on the new house next week and hopefully the seller has been getting her stuff moved out so we don't have to wait the whole extra 30 days she asked for. we haven't bought baby's furniture yet anyway, my MIL is buying us a bassinet so she'll have a small space of her own in our room for awhile until we get more settled.

carlini, fingers crossed for more sickness because of a big plus sign tomorrow!
Closed Thread