LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 02:30 PM   #241
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Ladies with blood sugar knowledge, I have a question. The last couple of days I have been waking up around 3 or 4am feeling shaky or jittery, it's almost like an adrenaline surge or a super startled kind of feeling. It takes me awhile to fall back asleep. Then I take my FBS around 6am and it's mid-90's. Is this one of those examples where I should be eating some protein before bed and it will help that go away?
Almost sounds like you are in ketosis. Are you eating very low carb? You could try a protein snack before bed and see if it helps...can't hurt, right?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Can't say I learned a whole lot in my breastfeeding class other than confirming what I already knew and how I already felt. I feel almost guilty because I truly have NO desire to perform the actual act of breastfeeding - for some reason, I find it kind of creepy and gross to shove my boob in a baby's mouth. I know it's a completely natural process, that it's the purpose of the female human breasts, and so on, but something in me just doesn't want to do it AT ALL. And I know it's not logical to feel this way, and I know that feeling this way will likely only make breastfeeding more of a challenge because I won't be relaxed, so baby won't relax...*sigh* maybe it will change a bit when I'm actually holding baby in my arms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Ladies with blood sugar knowledge, I have a question. The last couple of days I have been waking up around 3 or 4am feeling shaky or jittery, it's almost like an adrenaline surge or a super startled kind of feeling. It takes me awhile to fall back asleep. Then I take my FBS around 6am and it's mid-90's. Is this one of those examples where I should be eating some protein before bed and it will help that go away?
Hard to say without knowing what your glucose level is when you feel that way. Mid-90s for fasting is pretty normal (though during pregnancy, my OB prefers fastings be below 90), but a protein snack before bed shouldn't hurt anything regardless, so worth a shot, though I'm not sure how it might help.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 03-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Jilly - Just try to relax and don't worry, and don't make yourself feel guilty. Its likely you will feel quite differently about breadtfeeding when you have your baby in your arms. But if you don't, you can cross that bridge when you come to it. I absolutely loved breastfeeding my babies, but if you are not comfortable it may be best to try alternative feeding options.

KQT - Sorry I can't help with the Blood sugar issue. Never had anything like that. Hope you figure it out.

Good visit to the clinic yesterday. We decided that this time we WILL us the stimulation drugs as we want as many eggs as possible. Now I just wait for my period to start which should be next Thursday. DH is kinda freaking out about me giving myself the shots but needles don't bother me at all and I have given myself shots before. Looking forward to starting this cycle. Insha'allah we will be more successful this time.

<<<<<Me
Old 03-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I never thought I would breastfeed, I am just not that type of person. But when they put Andrew in my arms, that was the first thing we did, lol. Go figure. I ended up breastfeeding for about 11 months.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: court613
Stats: -32
Start Date: baby boy born on 2/28/12!
Breastfeeding is such a personal decision. I knew I wanted to do it, and although it is very tiring right now, it has been going great and I love it. I had no clue what I was doing (I was scheduled for a breastfeeding class the week I went into labor, lol), and I still feel like I don't know everything I should know about it. But Bennett is a little chunk and gaining great soI guess it's working. Jill - will you pump or use formula? I need to figure out how to use my pump this week. I sterilized everything yesterday so it's all ready to go.

KQT - sorry, I don't have any experience with that. I know pregnancy can do some crazy things to our bodies though.

So, I think I've decided not to go back to work right now. I really like my job, coworkers, and boss so I'm kind of sad about the decision. But I just can't imagine leaving Bennett in 3 more weeks. 6 weeks off is just not enough time with him I'm also struggling with the baby blues, I think. I'm so ready for my hormones to level out. Pregnancy hormones are NOTHING compared to postpartum hormones. Ugh!! Does anyone here have any experience with baby blues or PPD?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
Start Date: every day
Hi Court -I unfortunately have a lot of experience with PPD. I have a history of depression, but it's weird when I was pregnant, I never felt better in my life. Went off my meds and still felt great through the whole pregnancy. Day 3 after having my little guy, is when I started in with the crying. Then it just got worse. I was suicidal. I finally made the decision to stop breast feeding and go back on meds that I knew would work for me. (I really didn't want to play around with meds that were supposedly "safe" for breastfeeding and wait to see if they worked or not, so I decided to jump right to what I used to take so I didn't have to wait as long for relief). I probably could have still breast fed on Wellbutrin, but I didn't really want to pass any AD onto Brandon. "They" say it's supposedly safe, but I couldn't be sure. And honestly, pumping was contributing a lot to my PPD, so in a way it was a relief to give it up. Now, I feel sad about that since he just got a cold and I wonder if he would have not contracted the cold if he was still on BM, but who knows. I figured it was better to have a mommy who was alive and somewhat happy than a dead one.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 03-19-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Old 03-19-2012, 01:53 PM   #247

Gallery: pocahontas
Well I think Im officially in the 2ww. We handled business as best we could considering our entire house had a horrible stomache bug last week and we were out of town for a wedding over the weekend. Anyway, if I O'd when I think I did, we might have a good shot so I wont count myself out of the game just yet!
Old 03-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #248
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
I've been breastfeeding. It is a bit of a bizarre thing but for me it so quickly just became "how to get it done" so it's not too weird now. I don't have that "I just love staring into his eyes and profound connection" feeling. It took 3 days for my milk to come in.

Court - don't be surprised if you don't get too much when you first pump. It scared me a little because I was thinking one ounce at a time how will I ever get enough for even one feeding? I don't pump regularly enough but can get enough for one feeding now. Would get more if I were more diligent I think.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 03-19-2012, 06:34 PM   #249
gab
Major LCF Poster!

pocahontas
Old 03-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by court613 View Post
Jill - will you pump or use formula?
I'll be pumping. If I really can't handle breastfeeding for any reason, I plan to exclusively pump. I need to at least make a concerted effort to give my baby breastmilk since that's the best thing for him, even if I don't wnt to physically breastfeed (not to mention breastmilk is way cheaper than formula!). Even if breastfeeding ends up going better than I expect, I'll need to start pumping relatively early because I have to go back to worrk full time after just 6 weeks, so I will need to already have some milk stored for feedings while he's in daycare, and he'll have to be accustomed to drinking from a bottle.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #251
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
good luck, pocahontas! fingers crossed!

my fbs this morning was 120! whoa! i have an ob appointment tomorrow so that's on the table for discussion. i definitely don't think my 3am wakeup calls are ketosis because i have been barely eating but what i do eat have been poor carby choices. this morning/all day sickness is rough. i thought if i switched up my breakfast i might feel better, so i made a smoothie today - nope, clockwork, m/s on the way to work. but i endeavor to persevere.

jilly - you're so close!
Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #252

Gallery: pocahontas
Thanks all!

KQT - my fasting BS was always high when I was pg. I passed the GTT (2nd one) but my fasting numbers were always in the 100-110 range. My doctor suggested a protein snack before bed and tested me a couple more times and it worked wonders. Have a couple hb eggs or cheese sticks right before bed and see if that helps.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

All of you who are pumping, if you don't have a good electric pump, I strongly suggest getting one. I was never able to get more than an ounce with a manual or small electric pump I got from the pharmacy. But when I got my medela, things changed! I used to pump 4oz or more in 15 minutes with my Medela! And it really helps if you can relax. Also, when I pumped at work, I brought one of the babies small blankets and smell it while I was pumping. Sounds weird but it did help!

Pocahontas -

KQT - Sorry to hear your so sick. Hope it subsided soon!

Jilly - You are right - bf is so much cheaper than formula. That is a major reason I did it in the first place. But it reallly turned out good for us. I always went back to work after six weeks, too. So, yes, it is a good idea to start pumping and freeze some milk. Plus it will give you some practice so you know what works best for you when pumping.

Happycat - Wow! Hormones are crazy! I think you made the right decision. And don't feel guilty. My kids got plenty of colds, even while breastfeeding!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #254
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bondzgirl
Stats: 210/200/145
Start Date: 12/01/2011 restart 12/31/2011
Hi, does anyone know if its ok to do induction while doing IVF? On the paperwork the clinic gave me it said to avoid weight loss. Does anuone know why that is.
Has anyone undergone this? Thanks
Old 03-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #255

I was zero carb when I did IVF, but none of mine worked...however, I ended up getting pregnant naturally also while eating zero carb.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

I plan on starting out with a rented pump from the hospital just to make sure everything is working out before I make the investment in my own double electric pump. Plus, I've heard the hospital grade pumps are better earlier on when you're still trying to build/establish your supply because they're stronger, so hoping that will help me out a bit since I'll be on a tight timeline!

I'm 39 weeks 1 day today, and last night, I noticed that I had lost a little bit of my mucus plug. So gross, but at least it means things are happening in there! While I don't want to go into labor before Sunday, I am encouraged that, if I do need to be induced, hopefully my cervix won't be completely closed and thick, which I understand can potentially make the induction more difficult.

I'm kind of tired today, but I have a doc's appointment and then touring another daycare and then meeting with a prior coworker at his new business (he contacted me pretty out of the blue, so wondering if he potentially has a new opportunity to discuss with me...). Time to get off the couch and start getting ready for my day!
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #257
Senior LCF Member

ugh, daycare cancelled on me - they filled the one open infant spot they had.

My cervix is "thinned" and 2-3cm dilated. BP was up slightly from last time, but not as high as it had been previously. Since it's not staying down, doc now says she won't let me go past next Wednesday. My next appointment is Tuesday, assuming I'm not in labor by then. I'm somewhat happy to know I'm at least partially effaced and dilated so that if I do end up being induced, we won't be starting from nothing, which I understand can make induction more challenging; doc says my cervix is "favorable" for induction.

And, since I am having my first child and moving into a new house, might as well just change EVERYTHING about life all at once, right? Prior coworker did offer me a job with his new company. It's potentially risky because it's a super small company just starting out, but it's also only 8 minutes from my new house, will match (at a minimum) my current salary, and would be an opportunity to wear multiple hats (good since I don't want to actually keep doing what I'm doing forever). They also are fine with my current timeline of being out for the next 7 weeks (1 more week pregnant + 6 weeks after baby arrives) and then returning to my current job and at least working out a reasonable notice - don't want to burn any bridges! It seems almost too good to be true; I'll be discussing with my husband and will call them back to discuss in further detail and make a decision in the next few weeks.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #258
KQT

Jill that is so fabulous! Things are definitely moving and shaking for ya!
Old 03-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #259
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Jilly - so soon! Best of luck with everything!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #260
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jilly - and for you and all the changes in your life!
Old 03-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow, Jilly, you have me so exhausted just reading your posts!!! Good for you on everything!

Last edited by Happycat21; 03-22-2012 at 07:32 AM..
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 AM   #262

The weather has been so nice, I have been actually getting outside and sitting in the sun. It has really helped my mood. It has been such a long winter with the pregnancy and feeling so sick. The sun has really helped me.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:16 AM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I bet the sun has helped....Vitamin D is good stuff!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:51 AM   #264
KQT

i had a 9w dr's appt and things are progressing right on track. she was a little concerned about my cervix from a biopsy I had years ago, so depending on how that looks at my 14w she might do a cerclage. i'm also checking my blood sugars and post prandials for two weeks then insulin might be brought in. it's just hard to eat with morning sickness.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #265
gab
Major LCF Poster!

KQT - I'm sure you have tried everything already...but I found peppermint Chapstick helped me feel less nauseous. I only really felt sick driving to/from work and at 5 o'clock each day until the 2nd trimester. Gl just 3 weeks til that milestone!
Old 03-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #266

I am off to the hunger games today, hopefully that will distract from all the stress of life!
Old 03-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #267
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Shocked to learn that we will be starting IVF this month. SO much information to take in. Is this crazy for a third child? Probably... I am so terrified/excited/confused.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Just getting on here for a minute, I'll read and be back later. My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Lake Tahoe this week and we GOT MARRIED! Yay! What a crazy few days this has been. I'm 2 weeks DPO tomorrow, my early test was negative. I know it's still early, but I should know for sure next week sometime.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #269
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Just getting on here for a minute, I'll read and be back later. My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Lake Tahoe this week and we GOT MARRIED! Yay! What a crazy few days this has been. I'm 2 weeks DPO tomorrow, my early test was negative. I know it's still early, but I should know for sure next week sometime.

How exciting! I wish you and your husband many years of patience, understanding, joy, and most of all love.

Last edited by gab; 03-23-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #270
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
Shocked to learn that we will be starting IVF this month. SO much information to take in. Is this crazy for a third child? Probably... I am so terrified/excited/confused.
oh wow!! What great news! I am so happy everything is working out for you . I wish you all the best.
Closed Thread