Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #2041
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Overwhelming day, too much going on. I have a very low tolerance for stress. I had about 10 people for lunch and James wanted to nap. Now, I need to take Drew to soccer and James is happily sleeping on me...
Now, it is pouring. That just made everything so much worse!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #2042

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
You sound like me suzanne. I get aggitated very easily, and it's 10x worse pregnant!

My flipping vacuum just broke
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #2043

I wish I didn't, I see other women who can handle so much more than me. They also seem much more relaxed. I hate anything not going according to plan, it totally freaks me out.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #2044

I can tolerate a lot, but I like schedule and order as well. When my schedule gets thrown off I get anxious and then irritated. I totally understand
Old 08-09-2012, 05:45 AM   #2045

Morning everyone. I'm really tired of waking up feeling awful not only is my mood terrible but I physically feel yuck. I wish I could pack up and stay in a hotel for a few days leave everything here (I have 2 dogs and 2 cats who wake me). Might have to make that a late birthday gift when dh gets home
Old 08-09-2012, 07:02 AM   #2046

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning everyone. I'm really tired of waking up feeling awful not only is my mood terrible but I physically feel yuck. I wish I could pack up and stay in a hotel for a few days leave everything here (I have 2 dogs and 2 cats who wake me). Might have to make that a late birthday gift when dh gets home
I hope you get your break soon! Some times you've just gotta get away from it all.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:03 AM   #2047

Being a mom of a young one is often overwhelming. Today I just feel unappreciated by my family.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #2048

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Being a mom of a young one is often overwhelming. Today I just feel unappreciated by my family.
*BIG HUGS*
Old 08-09-2012, 08:37 AM   #2049
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
So, anyone else ever suffer from sciatic nerve pain? Oh.MY.GAWD!!!!!! It is so freaking painful. I've had it before here and there, but this little baby seemed to have found the "button" that turns it on and I am in so much pain. Did I mention that it is painful????!!! It is centered right in my butt cheek and it makes doing the littlest things so difficult. We had company over last weekend and I think I really aggravated it a lot then by just doing too much (cleaning mainly). By the time it was time to make dinner, I could barely move and DH had to do everything. I had to go upstairs and lay down. I was able to come down and eat with the family and then pick up the dishes, etc. Fast forward to last night. I really aggravated it again, by doing too much again I'm sure. But if I don't do it, who's going to do it??? DH already does so much, works 12 hours a day, and does so much for Brandon that I can't ask him to do anything else. I've been reduced to using the heated seats on my car to help ease the pain before I come to work (and it is HOT here!) I'm taking Tylenol, but I don't think it does anything. Ibuprofin would work much better as it is anti inflammatory, but I can't take that during pregnancy. And to top it all off....what I thought was a recurring yeast infection is really a bacterial infection. If they had just doen a culture several weeks ago when I first started complaining of the symptoms, I wouldn't have had to suffer through tubes upon tubes of Monistat! They finally prescribed me an antibiotic cream that I am supposed to use for 5 days. Yuck! But at least this should hopefully take care of this once and for all.

Just think, less than 9 weeks until I get to meet this little one! Some day, when he is acting up, I may (or may not) remind him of what I went through to bring him into this world!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 08-09-2012, 08:38 AM   #2050
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm sorry, Suzanne. You are a great mother....and I am sure they do appreciate you.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:39 AM   #2051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I totally understand....taking a break from life for a day or two would be awesome. Hang in there! And yes, definitely schedule some time for yourself when DH gets home. Have you ever had a pre-natal massage? I am ready to schedule one or two for myself. I had one a couple days before I was induced with Brandon and it was HEAVEN!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:43 AM   #2052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I had a great dr appt today, she scheduled me for 2 non-stress tests a week starting at 30weeks and another anatomy U/S at 32w. next i need to look into classes and pre-register at the hospital and pick a pedes dr. Things just got real, yo!!
Bring some reading material or something to those non stress tests....they can be long and boring!!! They want me to do them weekly starting next week at 32 weeks. Which reminds me, I need to make my first appointment. The last 5 weeks, they want to do weekly ultasounds. Here's praying that Boy 2.0 has turned head down by next ultrasound (in 2 weeks)!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:46 AM   #2053
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lori and AmyLiz-I work in a non profit agency and one of our biggest divisions deals with the MRDD population (well, "politically correct" term is PWDD population). We have several group homes through the county for adults with developmental disabilities. We also have a big autism program. I work in Human Resources.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #2054
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carlini-I am so glad you decided to stick around! Metformin may be very helpful for you. I'm still on it now through this pregnancy and my blood sugar numbers have been really good. If the digestive issues get too bad for you, ask for the extended release version instead, it made a world of difference for me and made it much more tolerable to stay one.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM   #2055
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I also get a lot of anxiety when things don’t go according to plan. I’m trying to work on not taking things so seriously. Easier said than done though.

DP ~ One thing I’ve learned about crappy moods – no matter how bad it feels now, it WILL get better. Hang in there.

Suzanne ~ My mom used to say that being a mom is one of the most underappreciated, important jobs in the world. I'm sure you're a good mommy, and your family knows it.

Sharon ~ Thanks! What dose of metformin are you on?

I didn’t want to say until I knew for sure, but 3 high temperatures confirmed ovulation for me. It was really late, but at least I’m not completely broken. In other news, my kitty is sick with some kind of viral infection. I’m not sure if he’s going to live or not. We’re slated to leave town on Saturday morning, returning on Tuesday night, and I’m not sure we should go. Either way, it’s back to lowcarb for me next week.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #2056

Gallery: pocahontas
Ladies - Being a mom is super hard! I often feel underappreciated but then I look at my little man's face and I know he loves me and DH is a great Father and husband so when I am having a bad day, I remind myself of that.

Happy - yeeeeeeouch! I hope your back is feeling better soon. Ive heard that it is some terrible pain but I was lucky enough not to have it.

Carlini - I was going to throw the late O out there but figured you had confirmed an annovulatory cycle. That is great news!!!! One thing I have learned is that your past cycles will NOT predict your future cycles. O can be late any time and stress can contirbute to that.

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, scrambled eggs w/ butter
L - tuna salad w/ celery sticks
D - grilled pork chops, cuke & red onion salad
S - sunflower seeds and 1 coke zero

Have a great day!

Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #2057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Sharon ~ Thanks! What dose of metformin are you on?

I didn’t want to say until I knew for sure, but 3 high temperatures confirmed ovulation for me. It was really late, but at least I’m not completely broken. In other news, my kitty is sick with some kind of viral infection. I’m not sure if he’s going to live or not. We’re slated to leave town on Saturday morning, returning on Tuesday night, and I’m not sure we should go. Either way, it’s back to lowcarb for me next week.
I'm on 750, 2x per day. I think the max dose I could go up to would be 750 3X per day, but luckily I haven't needed to do that yet.

So glad you o'd! Our bodies are something, aren't they? I remember when the doctor confirmed I ovulated several months in a row (by blood tests and ultrasounds) and we "did the deed" EXACTLY when we were supposed to, but we still didn't get pregnant. This went on for months and it was so stressful. I never understood, if everything was confirmed by a medical professional to have worked properly, why wasn't I getting pregnant?

I'm so sorry about your cat. We have 4 of them, and I went through a big scare last year when I was pregnant with Brandon when my oldest cat was vomiting everywhere and had bloody stools and was totally listless. I cried and cried and cried like I had never cried before because I was convinced that this was it. I took her to the vet and they gave her a shot of antibiotics and some fluids and I took her home expecting her to die. Even the vet didn't seem too hopeful. And within 2 days, she started perking up again. She is 16 years old this month and still going strong, and we still don't know what it was that got her so sick. All her blood work came back okay too. So, saying a for your kitty.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #2058
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I just called the OB to see what they would recommend for my sciatica. They gave me the name of a physical therapy doctor at the local hospital to call. Great, just what I need, another doctor and appts to add to my ever growing list. I'm going to see if some rest and heat will help this over the next couple days before I throw in the towel and call the doctor. DH has also been massaging my butt cheek for me (how embarassing!) but it did help some last night.

Last edited by Happycat21; 08-09-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 08-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #2059
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I just called the OB to see what they would recommend for my sciatica. They gave me the name of a physical therapy doctor at the local hospital to call. Great, just what I need, another doctor and appts to add to my ever grown list. I'm going to see if some rest and heat will help this over the next couple days before I throw in the towel and call the doctor. DH has also been massaging my butt cheek for me (how embarassing! but it did help some last night.
Ice is probably better for you as the nerve is likely being irritated and swelling - heat will just cause it to swell more. This is my opinion - I'm not a medical person. But my mother did have sciatic nerve issues for a long time. Remember to ice where the nerve starts from not where the pain is. Maybe go hang out in a pool if you have that option. Help reduce pressure on the nerve ?

Last class of college for the summer More papers to write though before Sunday. I'm such a procrastinator and having a little one makes it that much worse.

On the plus side, I had book club here last night and DH actually did a lot of the cleaning load so things are much cleaner than they have been Nothing like cleaning to make you realize how dirty everything is! Now to try to keep up with it and keep it clean. CHALLENGE!

Sending you all healthy wishes and feel better vibes!
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 08-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #2060
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
One thing I have learned is that your past cycles will NOT predict your future cycles.
Isn’t that the truth! Just when I think I have it all figured out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I remember when the doctor confirmed I ovulated several months in a row (by blood tests and ultrasounds) and we "did the deed" EXACTLY when we were supposed to, but we still didn't get pregnant. This went on for months and it was so stressful. I never understood, if everything was confirmed by a medical professional to have worked properly, why wasn't I getting pregnant?
How long did it take you to finally get pregnant? Was it the metformin/LC diet combo that did it? Sciatica is NO fun. Hope the pain goes away soon!!

Gab ~ What are you going to school for?

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-09-2012 at 12:04 PM..
Old 08-09-2012, 01:01 PM   #2061
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
How long did it take you to finally get pregnant? Was it the metformin/LC diet combo that did it? Sciatica is NO fun. Hope the pain goes away soon!!
Well, it took about 3 years. We didn't do fertility treatments each month, but we did do it several times over those 3 years. Never went as far as getting IUI or IVF though, it was only with blood work, ultrasounds and clomid and ovidrel and a couple other fertility drugs which I can't remember the name of right now. A couple years ago, my cycle was really regular once I started the Metformin. (Coincidentally, I also was treated for sleep apnea and started using a cpap machine right before my cycles got regular, who knows if that helped but I think it did.) But once I started hardcore LC (with the Metformin), I was pregnant within the month. It also helped (at least I think) that our focus was off trying to get pregnant and on something else (we had just bought a house-a total gut job fixer upper type place). Getting pregnant on our own (without fertility drugs) was a huge surprise to say the least! I was 38 when I got pregnant. This current pregnancy (at 39), I can't say how that happened. I wasn't particulary on LC or even on Metformin for that matter. I got pregnant 3 months after having Brandon....I guess my cobwebs just needed clearing or something? I can say that I had a very low carb pregnancy with Brandon and was down almost 40 pounds from before I got pregnant with him so that might have helped tremendously. We just weren't using birth control because of all the trouble we had before, we never thought it would/could happen so quickly!

Last edited by Happycat21; 08-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #2062

hey guys. We did a lot of fertility treatments after Drew. Three ivf's and nothing stuck. So, nine years later I finally got my second baby. Never give up!
My day is going better now. My husband is less grumpy. James had his vaccines and is doing well.
I have him on a delayed schedule, so he only gets one vaccine at a time.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #2063

I know how it feels to be unappreciated suzanne. I'm here alone, managing a house, a business, our son, and a pregnancy with NO help. I never get any acknowledgment. Guess that's the price we pay for being superior I'm glad you are doing better.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #2064

Quote:
I know how it feels to be unappreciated suzanne. I'm here alone, managing a house, a business, our son, and a pregnancy with NO help. I never get any acknowledgment. Guess that's the price we pay for being superior I'm glad you are doing better.
funny, whenever i think how hard it is, i think how much harder you have it!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #2065

Lol. And I think there are people who have it worse than me. It's ok to sulk though.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #2066
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You are amazing!
No really!
I think that all the time about any of the working new moms/preggo moms. Especially when you are on baby #2 (3,...). It is not easy being SAHM with one some days and then I think, I have tons of help and DH is here. Can't imagine making through the other situations, though often you don't know what you can do, until you have to do it!

I'm back at school for credits. That's the main reason - I am getting my certification in science for NY State and they were not satisfied by the credits I have already taken (they only gave me credit for 25 when I had closer to 32). SO...I needed 5 more. Unfortunately for me, I finished all the available applicable courses from the community college so I had to take some at a private college. $$$! I enjoyed the one course and found it to be beneficial. The second course - well, I paid my dues in time, some effort and money.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #2067

Well with a NY state certification yiy'll beholden gab

And yes..it's amazing what we can do if we have to. If you asked me even 3 years ago to watch 6 kids alone, run the house, and be pregnant....Id probably cry and throw up at the same time
Old 08-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #2068

I just do not think men realize how much we do....but, they might feel the same way about what they do.
I just annoys me that their lives roll on as usual and we put everything on hold. I am home with the kids, he is out at softball.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #2069
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I just do not think men realize how much we do....but, they might feel the same way about what they do.
I hear ya! I just try to make sure that I get some equal "escape" time when I can for social stuff. Though, most of my friends are just as excited to see the baby as myself so often Sam comes along to socialize as well.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #2070

Quote:
I just annoys me that their lives roll on as usual and we put everything on hold. I am home with the kids, he is out at softball.
I totally agree with this. When my dh isn't deployed he is just a regular guy with a job, and a dad...just like me...yet he golfs, plays hockey, etc....I get to run for like 30 minutes a few times a week....and I feel guilty about it!
Closed Thread