Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 06:16 AM   #1981
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I like James

I love sawyer ans Collin but dh hates them. We both like Camron and Sebation but I'm not in love with them, though they are the only names we agree on...oh and Connor

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 07:57 AM   #1982

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
I made low carb cream cheese pancakes for breakfast! So good! Glad I felt good enough to make them this morning! Feels good to start my day off with something healthy!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:11 AM   #1983
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I'm having the WORST food aversions! I can't stand to even look at anything meaty or fatty. I'm ok with cheese in small quantities, but all i can think about is sugar and carbs! I thought maybe it was a texture thing, so i tried to eat pork rinds, but just the thought of them made my stomach turn. I'm also really craving alcohol, has anyone else experienced that? Obviously i'm not going to drink any, but i never was a big drinker before, so i don't know why i suddenly crave it.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
I'm having the WORST food aversions! I can't stand to even look at anything meaty or fatty. I'm ok with cheese in small quantities, but all i can think about is sugar and carbs! I thought maybe it was a texture thing, so i tried to eat pork rinds, but just the thought of them made my stomach turn. I'm also really craving alcohol, has anyone else experienced that? Obviously i'm not going to drink any, but i never was a big drinker before, so i don't know why i suddenly crave it.
Def in the same boat with the food aversions. I'm normally a meat girl, but meat is so not desirable right now. I too am craving pasta and carbs. Which is why I made the low carb pancakes this morning. Feels like I'm giving in, yet I'm not!
I've had to splurge and buy some of my favorite meaty meals just to be able to get some meat down. Went for hot wings yesterday!
Old 08-05-2012, 08:30 AM   #1985

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Quote:
This describes my entire pregnancy! It was so hard. I could eat deli meat with mayo, dried sausages, and tuna with mayo. I drained all my ground beef, added cheese and salsa. Cauliflour was ok, and the occassional sweet potato.
good luck
my husband had to cook the meat, raw meat was way too gross!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #1986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Boy names are so hard! We are still trying to find one that we both like. I like Zachary, but DH can't stand it. We both kind of agreed on Collin until DH thought it sounded too much like a body part (colon?)
Old 08-05-2012, 09:44 AM   #1987
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I'm also really craving alcohol, has anyone else experienced that? Obviously i'm not going to drink any, but i never was a big drinker before, so i don't know why i suddenly crave it.
YES!!! I would kill for an icy cold beer right now. Of course, I've been known to partake in a few here and there before pregnancy, but I wouldn't classify myself as a big drinker, only a social drinker. But now, I swear, I would be happy just sitting by myself with a 6 pack, LOL! But I'm not going to. Heck, I had a few beers before I knew I was pregnant this time at a superbowl party. I have such guilt over that, but my OB was totally fine with that. She said, heck, that's how a lot of babies are conceived anyway!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 08-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #1988

I also wanted alcohol when pregnant, and I am also not a drinker! I also wanted soda sooo badly the whole time.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #1989
Senior LCF Member

my husband keeps whisky in the freezer. every time i open it up, i want to make a whisky and coke. i don't even like whisky!
Old 08-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #1990

Quote:
I was like that the entire first trimester. Probably why I gained a good 15 pounds right away. Toast was my best friend

I have alcohol cravings. I'm a big wine drinker. I've had one small glass of red since I've know I was pregnant. I'd love a lot more!

I was heavily drinking the first 2-3 weeks of pregnancy on vacation. My doctor too said its nothing to worry about, and that an occasional glass of red wine is ok. I don't like to do it though
Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #1991

How are you all doing this morning? I feel pretty good today!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #1992
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Next time we get pregnant, I'd like to avoid being pregnant during summer because I miss margaritas and beer on the patio at the restaurants!

Amy, I'm totally with you on the meat aversion.

Our boy name was going to be Tyler Chadwick.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:37 AM   #1993

All good here. Took a walk with James. Might meet a friend after lunch, depending on my older son's plans.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 AM   #1994

Felt horrible before bed last night, but so far I feel great this morning! Today is my long day at work, hoping I feel this good in another 12 hours!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 AM   #1995
Senior LCF Member

i'm doing alright. it's still driving me nuts not knowing why my insurance didn't cover my first doc appointment. I'm trying to find details about my policy, but no one seems to be helpful so far.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #1996

Quote:
i'm doing alright. it's still driving me nuts not knowing why my insurance didn't cover my first doc appointment. I'm trying to find details about my policy, but no one seems to be helpful so far.
Be diligent! Good luck, hope you figure it out soon!
Old 08-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #1997

Feeling good here. Just got in from the park with the kids. Humid today and rain is coming. Hopefully it'll wait until late tonight after I mow my back lawn. Today is also a long day for me

Krissy- Tyler was our original name but my husbands brothers name is Tyler and I'm not liking how popular it is right now. I like normal but not popular.

I'm liking Connor a lot right now.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #1998

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies!

Sounds like everyone is doing well. We went to the Sierra's for the weekend and had a great time. It was warm and DS got to swim in the lake. He loved it.

Back to the grind today. My Menu:

B - eggs scrambled w/ cheese, spinach, mushrooms, bacon, coffee w/ cream
L - leftover grilled chicken leg quarter, cuke slices
D - burgers on the grill, yum!

Have a great day!
Old 08-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #1999

James has been screaming in my arms all day. Totally happy with my husband, miserable with me.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
James has been screaming in my arms all day. Totally happy with my husband, miserable with me.
DS has gone through phases like that his whole life! Right now he is super into me and not DH. Next month it will be flipped.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #2001
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Still super busy here! I'm taking a brief sanity break since I've been up working since about 6am. I will be SO happy when this proposal is out the door. I ship it out on Wednesday, and then on Thursday morning, I meet with a potential new employer

Changing employers won't change much - these crazy busy periods are just the nature of the beast in what I do - but I would be working for a very small company, and, while that has its challenges due to limited resources, it also means an individual can have more of am impact. I'd also sort of be getting in on the ground level with this company as they just incorporated last year. It was started by a couple guys I used to work with at my last company, so I already know most of the employees (they only have 8 right now!), and they already know how I work. I don't think I'd consider changing to a brand new employer via applying like normal right now because it's a lot of work to establish yourself at a new company, but in this case, I already know 3 managers, and the other two are the father and the wife of the one who called me to come work there, so...and they know I recently moved and had a baby, AND they know part of why I left the company we all used to work for was because I wanted a better "work life balance" and to start a family, so they know my family comes first. And it doesn't hurt that their office is SO CLOSE to my house - it's actually right between my house and Ben's daycare provider's house I know they will want to hire me; it's just a matter of dicussing salary and expectations and such. We shall see...new house, new baby, might as well add new job, right? 2012 is apparently my year for change!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 08-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #2002

I have been having salsa on my burgers the past 2 nights and I noticed James has been getting a rash. Today it got really bad and he would not nurse. Ate my burgers plain tonight and he is all good again. I kinda freaked though, he was all red and bumpy and screaming.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #2003
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I didn't ovulate this cycle.

My diet is bad and I’ve gained enough weight to finally throw my cycle off. I saw this coming because I have PCOS. I know going back to LC will fix this problem, but I can't seem to do it.

Guess I won't be having a baby anytime soon, so I'll be stepping out of this thread. It was fun chatting with you guys Good luck to you all and your beautiful babies (or babies to be!).

Last edited by CARLINI; 08-06-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
I didn't ovulate this cycle.

My diet is bad and I’ve gained enough weight to finally throw my cycle off. I saw this coming because I have PCOS. I know going back to LC will fix this problem, but I can't seem to do it.

Guess I won't be having a baby anytime soon, so I'll be stepping out of this thread. It was fun chatting with you guys Good luck to you all and your beautiful babies (or babies to be!).
Carlini

Dont bail! Stick around and diet with me. Im trying to take the focus off TTC and put it on dieting. I am pretty sure I am O'ing but my weight is really up there and I need to get healthy first. Who knows what will happen along the way....... I have exactly 12 wks until my 35th b-day and I started my own personal challenge so if you want to join me DO IT! I would love the company.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:01 AM   #2005

Morning everyone. Hitting a depression wall so not feeling very chatty. Took the day off work and putting Kyle in daycare so I can rest
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 AM   #2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning everyone. Hitting a depression wall so not feeling very chatty. Took the day off work and putting Kyle in daycare so I can rest

Hope you get some rest today and feel a lot better tomorrow!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:16 AM   #2007
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm sorry, DP.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #2008

Thanks guys. Dropped Kyle off and did my errands. Watching a movie and relaxing the rest of the day. I just need to mentally shut down
Old 08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #2009
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
hope you feel better after a couple hours of relaxing, DP! sometimes mental health days are necessary. I thought it would have been better if i called in today because I was so full of rage, the dog rolled in coon poop at 6am so i had to give her a bath before i got ready for work, which i have now learned is quite awkward to manuever a large lab into a tub and bathe her at 7 months pregnant.

sorry to hear you didn't O, Carlini. have you tried the digital opk tests? those were what worked for me the last round, my pcos had me ovulating around day 19.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #2010
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Carlini

Dont bail! Stick around and diet with me. Im trying to take the focus off TTC and put it on dieting. I am pretty sure I am O'ing but my weight is really up there and I need to get healthy first. Who knows what will happen along the way....... I have exactly 12 wks until my 35th b-day and I started my own personal challenge so if you want to join me DO IT! I would love the company.
Thanks Andi I know I need to get back to LC, but I can't seem to make myself Depression might be rearing its ugly head again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
sorry to hear you didn't O, Carlini. have you tried the digital opk tests? those were what worked for me the last round, my pcos had me ovulating around day 19.
I've been temping and charting for the last 4 months. I usually O around day 19-20, and I'm on day 26 and nothing so far. Did you have to change your diet to get pregnant?
Closed Thread