Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #1861
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Ben is rolling! He has been SO CLOSE for a couple weeks, and this morning, he finally did it! I put him down on the mat of his playgym on his back, and I left the room for two minutes and came back to find him on his tummy! We put him back on his back, and then he rolled onto his tummy in the other direction! My husband picked him up from daycare this afternoon and said he even rolled back over onto his back from his tummy, too, so he's rolling every which way

In other news, I FINALLY got my first post-partum period. I'm relieved to know things are still working in there - 4 months is a long time to go without a period when you're not breastfeeding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Tha is for the fat ideas jilly. I'm not a big dark meat person. I like my chicken breasts! But I do eat ground beef and regular ground turkey. Ive been getting a lot of my fat from dressings and I know that's not the greatest. And of course I forgot avocado when I went shopping yesterday
Nothing wrong with fat from dressings as long as they're not also sugary! I'm actually going to make some of my own dressings today - copycat Panera Asian sesame dressing to start (made with Splenda)
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #1862
Senior LCF Member

Oh, and here's how today has shaped up diet-wise:

- Atkins bar
- roasted pumpkin seeds (my latest obsession - LOVE them for something salty and crunchy!)
- 2 potsticker patties with rice vinegar mixed with soy sauce
- turkey burger patty with cheese and reduced sugar ketchup
- handful of fudge-covered birthday cake Oreos (someone left a whole package of them in the kitchen at work!)
- dinner's cooking now - chicken drumsticks baked with oil and garlic and bell pepper seasoning blend, side of steamed French beans with butter and the same seasoning blend
- nsa ice cream bar or maybe even a protein shake if I'm hungry later
Old 07-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #1863
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Yay Ben!!
What a big boy

Got in my walk and walked the dogs. Made it home just as it started raining. Phew. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful son who sits wellin the stroller and then runs with my crazy dogs!
Old 07-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #1864
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Food today was okay but not great.
B - Atkins bar, brunch - low carb bagel and veggie cream cheese, snack - 3 cheese slices, d- steak, green beans, and 1/2 sweet potato

I got a total of 2 mile walk in today. Lower 80s makes for much more comfortable outdoor weather.

I found some pjs I bought for DS in 9 mo size that I almost overlooked. Perfect timing! The flannel fuzzy pjs are much too hot for this season and I think he will have outgrown them by the time it's cool enough to wear them again.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #1865

Got in a nice little tift with dh and turned to food. I didn't binge but I blew it today
Old 07-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #1866
gab
Major LCF Poster!

So I sort of feel like a horrible mother right now and yet I am also a little proud of myself - such conflicting emotion. I had held DS till he was asleep as usual. Put him down, less than 5 min later, he was up and crying. So I went in and picked him up, tried to soothe him. He wasnt having it. So I put him back down in the crib where he began bawling even more. I just sat next to him, winding up his music toy, patting his back when he rolled on his stomach. Told him a story in a calm voice of the little boy who wouldn't go to bed. Then started counting - got up to 250, started again, then started counting by twos Ashe continued to scream and roll and twist. Finally he just wore himself out and calmed down, I continued to count slowing my pace until I felt I could leave the room.

Felt like it was taking forever! It was less than half hour start to finish. I am not sure that he is asleep as he was still sniffling a little bit, but he is laying in the one position and breathing pretty evenly.

DP - one time does not a disaster make. Give yourself a pass and be on plan with your next bite, meal, day...
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200

Last edited by gab; 07-30-2012 at 06:58 PM..
Old 07-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #1867

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Disneyp, sorry about the fight, those situations totally upset me. We do not fight a lot and it unnerves me when we do.
I just cannot hear James cry and not pick him up. He also lost it yesterday, crying out of control. I just held him till he calmed down. Still have no idea what freaked him out.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #1868

Good job gab. You were there comforting him. He knew you were there

I had a hard time putting my son down when he was crying too, and I still do! I learned though that sometimes its best for both of us.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I didn't binge but I had a slice of pizza and some Lima beans. I just let dh get to me. It was about disciplining Kyle. It's hard being the only bad guy. I'm so tired of it. This deployment is really wearing on me. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with hormones but man it stinks

With that said I'm starting to feel the baby more. If I sit still and really pay attention I can feel it quite a bit. I can't wait until the movements are bigger. I really do love being pregnant. I always said I was done after 2 kids but I'm thinking possibly not now though if we have another boy I'm in trouble. We can't agree on a name!!

Last edited by DisneyPrincess; 07-31-2012 at 04:48 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 AM   #1869

lima beans? pizza I understand, but not the lima beans.
I am almost always the bad parent and my husband is home! He just never punishes Drew. Also, when you are pregnant, it is really easy to get upset. I cried almost everyday!
Old 07-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #1870

Well I started with the Lima beans because I was trying to be good! And I wanted something salty. Turned to the pizza next. I'm weird. Lol

Dh is usually always on my side when it comes to discipline. I'm a little more strict but he does his job. Not last night. Basically Kyle did something bad while we were skyping and I said that daddy saw that too. Dh got mad and told me not to make Kyle scared of him while he was gone. I wasn't at all! I just wanted Kyle to realize that neither of us approved. I understand why dh doesn't want to look bad while he's away, he feels he looks bad enough being gone but Kyle has TWO parents, and 2 who some him being bad. Sigh. In retrospect it was a stupid argument but it left me very upset
Old 07-31-2012, 08:00 AM   #1871
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hi all! Just got back from our whirlwind weekend trip to Buffalo, and I have such a bad headache! Brandon was a pretty good boy for the most part, however when he doesn't get his "nappy time", watch out! The trouble was, there was so much going on and so many people at my parents' house that he just couldn't/wouldn't nap. DH didn't want to put the pack and play in my parents' bedroom either which I thought would help him sleep. DH has a lot of his own ideas about how to take care of Brandon. Most of them are fine and I agree with them, but it was so annoying that he didn't want to put him somewhere more quiet. He said he just didn't feel comfortable doing that and hanging out in their bedroom while B got to sleep. And we didn't have a monitor with us so we wouldn't hear him cry. He did get some nappy time in the car thankfully and he slept throught the whole pre-baptism meeting we had with the Pastor.

Brandon was mostly good for his baptism. He did do some of his screeching and yelling during the church service and the church wasn't air conditioned so he was kind of hot too. But during the actual baptism, he was pretty good. I think for this next baby though, we will make sure we do the baptism plenty earlier, when he is not so mobile and aware (and it's not so hot)!

I can't believe I am 30 weeks along today. Only 10 more (or less) weeks to go! This is getting pretty scary, soon I will be a mommy to two baby boys. We are going to be soooooooo busy!

I have to say, I haven't been eating low carb like I should be. And I've been paying for it too. I go see my endo tomorrow so we'll see what my A1C is like. I don't know what my problem is. With Brandon's pregnancy, I was so strict with lc and mostly felt pretty good. I also didn't look so bloated like I feel like I do this time. I even lost something like 35 pounds by the time he was one week old. I think a lot of my problem is depression. And I know I could help the depression at least a little bit by eating better. Sigh. I do take my morning fasting blood sugar reading, and the highest it has been so far was 91, and that was only two times so far. Of course, that is the Metformin helping too. I wasn't on Metformin with Brandon, only low carb. This time, I am just too tired, depressed and non-disciplined so I am glad I at least have the help of the meds. Although, it feels an awful lot like cheating and I have so much guilt. I hope this little guy turns out okay, even though he is getting a lot more bread then Brandon ever got.

Sorry, I wish I was more upbeat and positive. I do get to see Boy 2.0 on the ultrasound on Thursday, so that is something to look forward to!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 07-31-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Old 07-31-2012, 06:21 PM   #1872
Senior LCF Member

- 4 slices Canadian bacon with 3 slices Swiss cheese and hollandaise sauce, half an avocado
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- another handful of those damn birthday cake Oreos at work...at least there aren't any left!
- leftover baked chicken drumsticks and French beans
- spinach, diced tomatoes, diced onion, garlic, and spinach & asiago chicken sausage with parmesan cheese
- nsa ice cream bar
- maple almond butter (yup, on a spoon!)
Old 07-31-2012, 06:47 PM   #1873

Did we scare Jax away
Old 07-31-2012, 07:10 PM   #1874
gab
Major LCF Poster!

DS was tired tonight. He fell asleep by 8. DH brought him to bed and he was pretty much right out. He tried to climb out of his bath tub tonight, I didn't know he realized he could pull things to make himself move. He is crawling backwards...I thought he was going to make it out of the living room today. You can tell he plans to go forward and is a bit confused and frustrated that he goes in the wrong direction.

It is really amazing how much they can change in such a short time.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #1875

Dh and older son went to the drive in tonight, I am home alone and cannot sleep. And the dog is howling downstairs.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:21 AM   #1876

Where are all the moms today? I am nursing James and hoping to take a walk this morning before my friends come over for lunch. Dh is still sleeping cause he and Drew went to the drive in last night. Hopefully the extra sleep will help his mood. We had a money discussion last night and that always upsets him.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 AM   #1877

I'm here. Got the kids early so didn't have extra time this morning

I'm feeling rotten today and it's rainy so that's not helping my mood
Old 08-01-2012, 06:32 AM   #1878

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Tomorrow is my first OB appointment! So excited, feels like it will make this "official". Is that weird?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #1879
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Tomorrow is my first OB appointment! So excited, feels like it will make this "official". Is that weird?
Not at all. I often didn't feel pregnant until I could feel the baby move.

After he was born, sometimes I felt like I was just babysitting and was waiting for the parents to come home.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:32 AM   #1880

I still very rarely feel pregnant. I feel flutters at night and then when people notice
Old 08-01-2012, 10:14 AM   #1881
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm here. Just got back from seeing my endo.

Gab-that is cute about Sam....I bet that's so funny though seeing him go backwards! He'll figure it out....

This morning, Brandon took his entire bottle and all seemed well, when BOOM! He threw up EVERYWHERE.....ugh! I feed him him morning bottle on my bed in his boppy newborn lounger pillow. He hasn't done that in weeks. I think DH got him laughing a bit too hard (he has this new thing where he thinks "high fives" are hilarious), and then he started coughing. Luckily, most of it was contained all over him and in the pillow, but I did wind up having to hose him down in the shower and change my entire bed because I didn't want to come home to a sour smelling bedroom tonight! I was so upset when it happened, and it made me 15 minutes late to my doctor's, but now in the scheme of things it wasn't that big of a deal. I just hate when a wrench gets thrown into your plans. But I've got to expect that with a little one, right?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #1882
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Quote:
I'm right there with you. My first one is on Friday! I've never been so excited to see the doctor!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #1883
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i had my endo appt today too, all my labs came back in perfect condition. like, 'better than when i wasn't pregnant' better, so that was great news. i had the 3d/4d ultrasound last night and she's sitting breech with her arms and legs in front of her face so we didn't get very good shots - i'll back in 2 weeks to see if she's moved around for better images. she's thumpin and bumpin inside me today, she likes when i put my phone to my belly and play music. i'm gonna bring up the breech to the chiro tomorrow - she's still got plenty of time to turn around but i see the chiro twice a week for the webster method so she won't be breech...
Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #1884
Senior LCF Member

SOOOOO busy with work, but the end is in sight. This proposal should be done and out the door next week on Wednesday, so just one more week of this craziness...though I highly doubt I'll actually get a break before I have to jump into another one. It's that time of year since the federal government fiscal year end is Setpember 30, so all the agencies are putting out their RFPs and seeking proposals so they can award by then to use up their 2012 budget funds.

Ben slept from 8pm to 6:45am last night

Ben is very into making raspberry sounds right now, and it's so cute That's what he was doing this morning, which is why there's spit all over his chin:

Quote:
Not at all. Just be sure you know what to expect tomorrow. I was SO excited for my first OB appointment, and they did NOTHING. I talked to the NP about nutrition (a bunch of BS, of course) and a couple other things, and that was IT. I actually cried in my car when I left because it felt so completely pointless - no ultrasound, no bloodwork, no exam, NOTHING. I was so disappointed.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #1885
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
OMG Ben is SO cute!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:57 PM   #1886
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jilly-Ben is a cutie pie! I remember Brandon making those raspberry noises. He just started doing it one day and it would make us laugh and then he would laugh. Then he would do it again. Rinse, repeat!

Lori-my first OB apt for my pregnancy, she did a pelvic exam and gave me a pap smear. Ugh!!! NOT what I was expecting at all! Just be prepared---they will have you pee before each visit to check for protein and ketones and things like that. I always dread the blood pressure part because I have a lot of anxiety and tend to get very nervous right before they take my blood pressure.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #1887
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jilly-I think you said you use Facebook to upload your photos on here? How do you do it? I tired to insert the URL of one of my photos and it didn't work, it just showed up as a red x box. Do I need to adjust my security settings or something on FB?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #1888

He's too cute jilly! He looks just like you
Old 08-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #1889
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Cutie baby! I love baby raspberries
Old 08-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #1890
Senior LCF Member

ha, if you guys saw my husband, you would know Ben looks like a mini-him and NOTHING like me! :P

It's 10:30pm, and I'm still up working...

I had NO cookies today Hey, gotta start somewhere, right?
- 4 slices Canadian bacon with shredded cheddar cheese and hollandaise sauce
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- 2 scoops of Asian salad stuff (I made a sugar free Asian dressing and mixed it into a bag of coleslaw mix, 4 grilled chicken thighs chopped up, some roasted sunflower seed kernels, and some roasted sesame seeds)
- sliced cheese
- 2 vidalia onion black angus burgers with cheese (one with provolone, one with Swiss) dipped in mixture of light barbecue sauce and mayo
- nsa ice cream bar
- tablespoon of butter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Jilly-I think you said you use Facebook to upload your photos on here? How do you do it? I tired to insert the URL of one of my photos and it didn't work, it just showed up as a red x box. Do I need to adjust my security settings or something on FB?
When I want to share a photo here, I go to that photo in my FB and set it to "public." Then I copy the URL by right-clicking on the photo and going to properties - that's the only place I can get a URL that actually ends in .jpg

Last edited by jillybean720; 08-01-2012 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: provolone, not provoline :P
Closed Thread