Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #1771
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Wohoo.. so I called and they do have the Mothers Room which is basically a crying room that has couches and a tv to watch the service, but they also have a room just for newborns. Not sure which Im more comfortable with. I kinda dont want him with other kids til he has his shots but theres no guarentee Ill be by myself in teh Mothers Room either. But either whch way... i feel great knowing I can go this weekend!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #1772
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
That's pretty awesome - must be a large church.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 AM   #1773
Senior LCF Member

yes ma'am
Old 07-27-2012, 10:44 AM   #1774
Senior LCF Member

Does anyone take a fat burner to help with LC diet? Like a thermogenic to stimulate even more fat burn? Just curious and also if you exercise... what workout do you follow?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #1775
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Cat... My friend is doing Insanity and loves it and she burns a TON of cals according to her HRM. I would love to try it but I can't get in 45-60 mins by myself cuz Jax hasn't been napping a lot or long. But I need a huge calorie burn like that. Kettleworx is good cuz it's only 20 mins but I dont burn enough. Are there any workouts u suggest that would have a 500+ cal burn and be under 45 mins? Really need to jump start this fat loss... I only have like 90 days til the wedding.

Might try to follow a cpl of Linda sues induction menus to the T and see if it helps. I really love my chia shake in an tho

Hola! I LOVE Insanity, but it totally kicks my butt! The first month's worth of DVDs are about 45 minutes each, BUT almost half of that is warm-up. So if you could do your warm-up walking at the mall, etc, while bb is awake, then when he falls asleep you can just skip the warm-up and get started. Also, have you looked at Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred? It's a GOOD video. It kicked my butt during the deploy. I can't remember how long it was, but I don't think it was more than 30 minutes. I think I will be doubling up some days and walking on the treadmill on certain days in addition to the other workout I'll be doing. I want this weight GONE! Oh, and I will be posting my tentative menus this weekend. They just depend on how much I get paid next week

Oh, and I do take the kids to church with me. We sit in the back, just in case I have to walk out if DS cries.. people don't really look at me badly if I take him outside, but if I just keep him there and let him cry, then I get dirty looks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Good morning ladies!
Yesterday was the toughest day yet in regards to MS. But SOOO much better today! I can't wait for the MS to go away so I can enjoy being pregnant! I always said I'd be a happy pregnant lady because I wanted this so much!
LOL I know what you mean! Let me know if you want to try some of the tea, I can mail you some when it comes in next week

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #1776
Senior LCF Member

Yes I have done the shred lol and totally forgot about it. I think I have it on DVD but I cant remember..i might have done it as a bootleg on the comp. Lol. Either way I know its only like $9 at Wally World. I have thought abt getting her new one.. Body Revolution cuz its a 90 day program and the workouts are all 30 mins and strength and cardio. Idk if i wanna spend the $ tho.. its 4 payments of $29 lol. We already pay a gym membership (which luckily is only $60 total for us both and DHs company reimburses $40 of it). But can u really put a price on being fit?? lol
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1777
Senior LCF Member

Thinkin of makin this 2day... CREAMY HAMBURGER AND "RICE" SKILLET - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes
Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #1778
Major LCF Poster!

Looks yummy! I had a cheesestick for breakfast, a zero red bull, and 2 cups of tea with hwc and splenda in them. I REALLY need to order the liquid splenda, these are starting to add up...

Lunch was 4 slices of bacon and a buttload of ground beef with the Ragu double cheese sauce on it. Easy and tasty. I have some sliced pepperoni for later if I need it, but I'm already pretty full. I'm about to fill up a liter of water and toss in some crystal lite for this afternoon. I have lunch, then 2 more hours of class. Then I'mma run home, do some housework, then tonight after kids go to sleep, I'mma run on the treadmill. Just a slow one, to ease myself back into running after being on profile for so long. Have you been able to find the Fiber One cottage cheese? You should try it- less carbs than the one you're using now, and I think it's the best tasting one, but that's IMHO.

Any weekend plans? All mine include cleaning, cooking, and getting my butt on the treadmill
Old 07-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #1779
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Exercise is great for mental health, but you will lose weight through your eating. I love taking walks with James, that is enough for me! I do some light weight too. sit ups...
Old 07-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #1780
Major LCF Poster!

Suzanne- I realize that, but the exercise is for my job as well. I am required to be fit, in shape, and strong. All of which I have NOT been since I had my son. So the exercise is necessary for me to function and to accomplish the mission. Not to mention I just FEEL better when I work out. And I don't want to be "skinny fat". My goal is to eventually have a six pack
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #1781
Senior LCF Member

I was able to get the Fiber One cottage at the commissary and another grocery in CA but havent seen it here. I agree its very good!! Maybe if i go to their website it has a locator lol. Ughh today has been a crabby baby day. Hes not liking his swing or chair or Boppy.. which =s me not even eating lunch yet. Im starving. Im gonna try to make cream spinach and eat some left over pulled pork if he lets me. I can wear him but then its kinda hard t eat. God I cant wait til he can go to daycare for a day. I feel horrible saying that but today Im just ready to pull my hair out. His God Mom said we can take him there for a day a wk instead of paying for daycare but she already has 3 kids and 2 of them are only 1 and 3 so I dont wanna like unload another on her who is super gassy and fussy. Ughh we'll see...
Old 07-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #1782
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
Suzanne- I realize that, but the exercise is for my job as well. I am required to be fit, in shape, and strong. All of which I have NOT been since I had my son. So the exercise is necessary for me to function and to accomplish the mission. Not to mention I just FEEL better when I work out. And I don't want to be "skinny fat". My goal is to eventually have a six pack
Agreed... I have lotsa toning to do so working out is the only option. I also didnt workout for majority of my 130lb weight loss way back when and i have lotsa extra flab and i think had i lifted etc.. it would have been greatly reduced. Plus its an escape for me I like the endorphins after too!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #1783

I am not saying to not work out, I love walking! Without my daily walks I am all out of sorts! It totally calms my anxiety.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:47 PM   #1784
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was able to get the Fiber One cottage at the commissary and another grocery in CA but havent seen it here. I agree its very good!! Maybe if i go to their website it has a locator lol. Ughh today has been a crabby baby day. Hes not liking his swing or chair or Boppy.. which =s me not even eating lunch yet. Im starving. Im gonna try to make cream spinach and eat some left over pulled pork if he lets me. I can wear him but then its kinda hard t eat. God I cant wait til he can go to daycare for a day. I feel horrible saying that but today Im just ready to pull my hair out. His God Mom said we can take him there for a day a wk instead of paying for daycare but she already has 3 kids and 2 of them are only 1 and 3 so I dont wanna like unload another on her who is super gassy and fussy. Ughh we'll see...
I can't find a locator thing on the website. Maybe you can check next time you go to the commissary..? Can you go to the one in Wichita Falls? It's decent sized.

Have you tried the balboa or the Karma slings? Those are what I used when DS was that little. It took a couple of tries to get used to it, but we both LOVED it! I'd go to the commissary with him in that, and he's sleep while I got stuff done. Plus I had room in the cart for groceries People didn't even realize there was a baby in there, they thought it was just some kind of purse

Honestly, don't feel bad for wanting some time to yourself. I'm feeling that way right now and I know I need to get over it. I wake up in the morning and immediately I get ready and then get them ready to go. I'm in class all day, then I TRY to go home and work out, then pick them up, come home for dinner, then baths, then homework, then bed. That's my life. EVERY DAY. I'm looking for a babysitter around here that I can trust, in order to maintain some sanity. I love my kids, but I need to remember I'm an individual, too. Also, it's impossible to get housework done with them around
Old 07-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #1785

Life does seem to be one thing after another. Try to find joy in the daily tasks, I know how hard it can be. I try to think of the moms who are in the hospital with their sick kids, it sounds dramatic, but it keeps me grateful.
But, some of you guys with your husbands deployed, that I cannot imagine. That is a whole different situation. Still, try to stay positive and make your men proud of you for doing such an amazing job keeping the home running.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #1786
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
I can't find a locator thing on the website. Maybe you can check next time you go to the commissary..? Can you go to the one in Wichita Falls? It's decent sized.

Have you tried the balboa or the Karma slings? Those are what I used when DS was that little. It took a couple of tries to get used to it, but we both LOVED it! I'd go to the commissary with him in that, and he's sleep while I got stuff done. Plus I had room in the cart for groceries People didn't even realize there was a baby in there, they thought it was just some kind of purse

Honestly, don't feel bad for wanting some time to yourself. I'm feeling that way right now and I know I need to get over it. I wake up in the morning and immediately I get ready and then get them ready to go. I'm in class all day, then I TRY to go home and work out, then pick them up, come home for dinner, then baths, then homework, then bed. That's my life. EVERY DAY. I'm looking for a babysitter around here that I can trust, in order to maintain some sanity. I love my kids, but I need to remember I'm an individual, too. Also, it's impossible to get housework done with them around
Well I googled it and its 2 hrs from our house. Lol altho the way my sanity has been.. it may be worth the drive Lol could always take a cooler and load up! Is the base nice? Maybe DH would go along. Hmmm..

I have a seven sling but I havent used it yet. Maybe Ill break it out. He loves that dang front carrier tho.. atleast its a some what calming thing. I threw him in that and was able to cook somethin real quick. Now hes out of it while I eat and is back to crying his head off. Grr. Lol the gym cant come soon enough 2nite

Will u be stationed where yur at for awhile or where do u go when classes are over? Oh and will u be back in deployment rotation anytime soon or do u get some timeoff? Im not sure how that works with the AF. DH was infantry so he would deploy for 6-7 mo.. come back and have like a month or 2 break then theyd start a workup for a few months and hed deploy again. Im glad we had shorter deploys than army but it still sucked cuz even when he was home.. hed be in the field alot or at trainings elsewhere. Ahh well. Lol I think thats why hes so comfortable working 14 hr days..cuz its just normal for him to be outta the house and at work that long lol
Old 07-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #1787
Senior LCF Member

Menu so far:
B: chia pudding (1 c almond/coconut milk, 2.5 tbsp chia, 1 scoop of natural PB, liquid stevia)
Coffee with HC and bacon

L: Frozen angus portobello patty w/ mayo & mustard dip
HB egg
Pork rinds w/ sour cream dip
... Made creamed spinach but only took a few bites cuz it got coldand crying baby.. will eat later or 2mrw

S: Dobie muffin
Old 07-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #1788
Major LCF Poster!

JM- the base is pretty nice. It's a training base, so a decent commissary and BX (NeX for you ). It's not too bad of a drive. I'd definitely take a cooler or some of those freezer bags for your stuff. And if you can get little man to snooze in the car, then that's some time to yourself, even if driving

Right now I'm out of the deployment rotation, because I'm in training status. I'll be here for another year or so, and then probably go back to MD. Although they have offered me a job here, so I'm thinking about it. If I stay here or go back, I will be back in the rotation. I'm thinking of going ahead and volunteering for another tour, simply because it will coincide with my re-enlistment time, and I can get the bonus tax free I joined the military after 9/11, so it was a given that I would deploy. I know a lot of females who get pregnant to get out of a deployment. I was actually deployed from when my daughter was 6-17mo, so the idea of having to leave my babies is unfortunately not a new thing.. Yet I love my job, and I love serving my country, so I stay in Plus my kids get to see a strong mommy and have a love for their country as well. My daughter is three but already tells people "I love America!" LOL

It's hard for DH to be a dependent spouse, but he knew what he was getting himself into when he married me (I was already enlisted). So I let him know before we tied the knot that he would have some issues that he would have to work through...
Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM   #1789

I was so hungry at dinner and just as we sat down, James lost it. I must thank my husband for taking him outside so I could eat my dinner in peace. He was sound asleep in his arms in 5 minutes, but I really needed to eat. A hungry mommy and a screaming baby are not a good combo!
Old 07-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #1790
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I was so hungry at dinner and just as we sat down, James lost it. I must thank my husband for taking him outside so I could eat my dinner in peace. He was sound asleep in his arms in 5 minutes, but I really needed to eat. A hungry mommy and a screaming baby are not a good combo!
Ughh that sounds like me lol. I text my DH cuz he said he wasnts ure what time he "wanted" to stay at work til. I text and said.. "yeah u need toc ome home ASAP cuz it has been one of those days... i can barely eat, pee and I would love a shower cuz I smell. I need to get out of this house and to the gym before i rip my hair out!!". LOL he said okay and would be off in a half hr but then hr commute. I just fed him so maybe hell calm down. Days like today make me wonder whether itd be more beneficial for me to go back to work. I just dont know...

Cat... I think thats great that your kids know how awesome you are and that they take pride in that! Your very strong and hopefully DH will continue to appreciate that and just roll with the punches. I think in some ways itd be tougher for guys as the dependent to endure deploys than us wives cuz theyre not used to being the ones left behind. Us women are kinda conditioned to take the backseat like in older times. But times have changed and now we must You guys def have long deploys! Im sure when the time comes to make the decision abt whether to stay or go..ull know what to do
Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #1791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I've never been a coffee drinker. I don't like tea, either (even flavored teas). I hate coffee so much I don't like anything with even a hint of coffee flavor to it. I hate it when coffee drinkers say I should try the [fill in the blank with some frozen flavored coffee drink] because it's soooo god, and you can't even taste the coffee! Umm, yes, you can. To someone who doesn't like coffee, you can ALWAYS taste the coffee! The only caffeine I get is from diet sodas.

My mom is coming up tonight to visit for the weekend, so Ben is napping so he will be energuzed when she gets here

I followed the pediatrician's suggestion of not feeding Ben overnight even if he woke up, and it worked. When he started waking up, Ijust gave him his pacifier and held my hand on his cheek for a bit (he likes that). I never fed him or even picked him up, and he went back to sleep in a few minutes and didn't get up for the day until 8am. If he had been truly hungry, he would have cried, but he never did. Hopefully, this is the start of something good

Sorry I don't have time for many personals today - I have been SLAMMED with work. I really hate it when I get busy and stressed because OTHER people aren't meeting THEIR deadlines and responsibilities, and that's what today has been all about I've been working since 3am...
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #1792
Senior LCF Member

Jilly thats awesome about Ben!! Thats a great feeling. And oh my word.. 3am?! What do you do for your job? You def need a nice glass of wine or some relaxation 2nite! Hope u have a great weekend
Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #1793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
What a sweetheart! I'm glad you got a break, even if just to eat in peace

Quote:
Cat... I think thats great that your kids know how awesome you are and that they take pride in that! Your very strong and hopefully DH will continue to appreciate that and just roll with the punches. I think in some ways itd be tougher for guys as the dependent to endure deploys than us wives cuz theyre not used to being the ones left behind. Us women are kinda conditioned to take the backseat like in older times. But times have changed and now we must You guys def have long deploys! Im sure when the time comes to make the decision abt whether to stay or go..ull know what to do
You're absolutely right, it is much harder for DH than it would be for me. Plus he comes from a "macho" culture, so for him to be someone's "dependent" and for me to make more money than him.. He's pretty sensitive about it. But I told him to get over it. He knew the deal when we got married, so it's not like I sprung it all on him afterwards.. I DO want to go again, but if I get pregnant by Christmas, then it probably won't happen when I would want it to. We shall see...

Jill-- yay for baby going back to sleep!! That is going to make such a difference in your sleep! And I agree with JM. Grandma's coming- that means Mom gets wine, a bubble bath, and a NAP not necessarily in that order though lol

Well I'm having an awesome day. Just got grades back from our recent exam. I completely blew it out of the water! 4 separate tests, and I got 96, 92, 100, and 100!!!!! I'm officially a happy camper
Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #1794
Senior LCF Member

WOOOHOO!! Congrats on your tests!! Looks like you can celebrate this weekend too Hehe wine only has 3 carbs in a glass. Although I am sober.. I do allow myself a glass of wine every now and again. Lol cuz a) i wont get drunk off that and b) its social and I know i can stop at just 1. Liquor on the other hand was my downfall. I still consider myself sober because I have not and will not get drunk again. Plus Jesus drank wine.. so Im pretty sure hes okay with me having a glass if I contain myself lol
Old 07-27-2012, 03:49 PM   #1795
Major LCF Poster!

LMAO I might have a little too much fun at communion this Sunday

Hmmm I might have to find something nice.. I'm thinking diet dr pepper mixed with a half cup of LC vanilla ice cream.. But ONLY if I get in my workouts . I'd love a glass of wine, but it's kinda boring drinking alone. KWIM?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #1796
Senior LCF Member

BTW... how many grams of fat should I aim for a day?
Old 07-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #1797
Senior LCF Member

Lol whats KWIM?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #1798
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
BTW... how many grams of fat should I aim for a day?
I honestly have no clue. I'm sure on one of those sites it has a calculation and percentages of calories from fats, carbs, and protein, etc. I have no idea how to use it, and I just go by feeling. If I'm hungry, I eat more fat and drink more water.

Quote:
Lol whats KWIM?
Lol know what I mean?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #1799
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Quote:
Lol whats KWIM?
Know what I mean.

I made a sort of ground beef pie with some tomato sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and spices. Just waiting for it to be done cooking so I can eat. I'm hoping Sam will play on the floor and let me eat. DH is working tonight.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #1800
Senior LCF Member

Gab that sounds super good. I took out ground meat but Idk if ill get it cooked 2nite since Im about to head off to the gym.

I think Ill pick up the JM 30 Day Shred while Im out cuz I guess I didnt have it after all lol. And lol I feel like an idiot for not know what that meant haha. I cruised some boards on here and alotta ppl say 65% or so of your cals. Lol but if imnot supposed to be trackin cals then how do I know? A few posters said over 100. I did cheat and tracked my fat today but im not letting the cals # bother me. As of right now including my cup of cottage cheese and tbsp of PB i just ate for pre workout... Im at 125 Grams. Seems like a lot.
Closed Thread