LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #1711
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Jilly..did u take Ben before he got his 2 month shots?
Yup, I had to. I had to go back to work full time when he was 6 weeks. My sister and my husband's cousin watched him for my first week back at work and then I started bringing him to the home daycare.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #1712
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Feeling particularly sick this morning. ugh
I bought some vit B6 the other day since I read it helps with morning sickness, well I got home and looked it up and it looks like they are suggesting low doses of like 10 mg 3 times a day! The one I bought is 200mg! A LOT MORE! Should I not use it?
Have you ever had your B6 tested? I have mine tested as part of my annual labs, but I have a LOT of things tested since I've had weight loss surgery. Having levels of B6 that are too high can cause negative side effects including neuropathy, so I wouldn't personally take it without knowing where I'm starting from (lab test); if already on the higher end, I wouldn't take it.

Some B vitamins are fine even in high amounts (such as B12 - most countries labs don't even state an upper limit on safe levels because B12 toxicity is almost completely unheard of), but B6 does not fall into that category.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #1713
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Omg jilly! I'm moving where you are! I'd be rich!!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #1714
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Ummm a friend just posted this on FB..

Within the past 4 weeks there has been 64 confirmed cases of West Nile infections in Dallas County. 54 were diagnosed with the disease and 10 have had West Nile Fever. 2 have died & half of all diagnosed were admitted to ICU. PLEASE PLEASE make sure you & your kids have repellent on at all times. WNV typically peaks in August, human infections are expected to increase in upcoming weeks!

EEWWW....we will def not be taking any stroller walks around our neighborhood anytime soon (our development is kinda in the country and surrounded by trees and a lake).

I guess I can go to a different mall 2day lol. Oh how I love shopping tho and its so tempting. I used to be sooo bad abt shopping for myself all the time lol esp during deployments. Now I find myself buying stuff for Jax more. Lol anytime I see lil skull stuff I have to snatch it up
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #1715
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Just say this on WebMD...
"Note:

Intake of more than 100 mg a day of vitamin B6 can cause temporary nerve damage."

So why would they be selling it in 200 mg tablets??
Well, that note is misleading. It doesn't matter how much you're TAKING; it matters how high your levels are in your body. 200mg would be good for someone who is low in B6 and working to bring it up.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #1716
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Omg jilly! I'm moving where you are! I'd be rich!!!!!
haha, and now we all understand why my husband and I both need to work full time :P It's a local cost of living issue. EVERYTHING here is more expensive than in most other areas - gas, groceries, housing, services...my husband makes less than I do, but even with 2 kids in daycare, it still wouldn't be worth it for him to stay home because he earns more than the daycare and his commuting expenses cost us.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:45 AM   #1717

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
James giggled for the first time!
Parental leave in Quebec is one year, paid by the government. The mother can take 1 year or you can split it. Since I do not work, my husband opted for 6 months at full salary, we are loving it.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #1718

And I'm moving to Canada! My dh only gets 10 days after the baby, and this year he technically loses those days because Christmas and post deploy,ent leave run together
Old 07-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #1719

And our daycare costs $7 a day, the government covers the rest...
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #1720

Ok that's it! We are running away to Canada! Plus buffalo where our families are is only 15 minutes to the border! Problems solved! No more deployments, more money, etc....

Ugg, how essential is it to speak french
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #1721
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok that's it! We are running away to Canada! Plus buffalo where our families are is only 15 minutes to the border! Problems solved! No more deployments, more money, etc....

Ugg, how essential is it to speak french
DP thats funny. It does seem much more peaceful there. Ive only ever been to Niagara Falls and Windsor tho. Lol tourist traps. I was gonna ask, is DH career military or no?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:56 AM   #1722
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Hi ladies! I'm stuck in class all day... wanting to get on here and post

I used to pay 1000 bucks a month for a private daycare for DD. Was a lot, but I had heard lots of bad things about some of the in-home daycares on base, and I honestly just didn't have the time to visit too many of them. I had to be at work STAT. So I opted for that one and put her on the CDC (on base daycare) waiting list. She never got to the CDC before we moved. It was expensive, but I really got to know the ladies that worked there, and I knew my daughter was being taken care of by the best people. I'm friends with a lot of them now. And here in California both children got into the CDC right away since out here I'm a single mother. I pay $800/month for both of them. After seeing how the daycare works, it's worth every penny. I love the curriculum, the interaction, and the men and women who work there are wonderful. I like that men work there as well, because since DH is not here, DS needs a strong male figure in his life. At home I am mom and dad, but at school he gets that attention as well. I also like the social interaction they receive. Even if I were a stay at home mom, I'd still put them in daycare a couple days a week. Not just for my own well-being, but for theirs. Like someone mentioned, it builds their immune system and gets them healthy interaction with children their own age. I like it.

In the AF, husbands get 21 days of paternity leave. My DH is civilian, so he didn't get any days off (well, he took 3 but he didn't get paid for them). My sister's husband got the 21 days and enjoyed every minute of it

So how is everyone today, ms wise? I'm feeling less queasy, so hopefully getting over the virus. Still holding steady at 164, but hoping that goes down soon!!

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #1723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Je parlais bien le francais, mais j'ai oublie presque tout
Old 07-26-2012, 09:04 AM   #1724
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
Je parlais bien le francais, mais j'ai oublie presque tout
lol whatever that means!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #1725
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
For our daycare (inhome licensed), we pay $320/week. And honestly, that is the most inexpensive we could find. We were very lucky we got a good reference from DH's co-worker and she had a spot openup. I am in Fairfield County, CT which is right outside NYC and has a super high cost of living. Ugh!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:12 AM   #1726
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jaxon's Momma-he is so adorable! I want to squeeze him
Old 07-26-2012, 09:24 AM   #1727
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Jaxon's Momma-he is so adorable! I want to squeeze him
ty!!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #1728
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, this weekend Brandon is going to get baptised at my parent's church up in Buffalo. (We still don't have a church here in CT.) I tried on his little white tuxedo outfit this morning just to make sure it fits (nothing like waiting till the last minute, right? ) He looks so adorable in it, I can't stand it! He is 9 months old now and apparently his feet are too big for any white baptism shoes out there at the regular stores, so he is going to just have white socks with crosses on them. I think it will be fine, it is not like he is walking yet (thank goodness! ) It's a long car ride, about 7 or 8 hours, so we'll see how he does. He did good on our trip to Cape Cod a few weeks ago, but we did have to stop a few extra times because he started to fuss. He's been to Buffalo one other time when he was 2 months old and he did really well then. But now that's he's more aware and more mobile, I anticipate him protesting a bit more! This is also my grandma's 90th birthday celebration too, so we'll have the whole family there, plus DH's parents and my sister in law's parents too. It should be a nice long weekend and I'm looking forward to it.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #1729
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
So, this weekend Brandon is going to get baptised at my parent's church up in Buffalo. (We still don't have a church here in CT.) I tried on his little white tuxedo outfit this morning just to make sure it fits (nothing like waiting till the last minute, right? ) He looks so adorable in it, I can't stand it! He is 9 months old now and apparently his feet are too big for any white baptism shoes out there at the regular stores, so he is going to just have white socks with crosses on them. I think it will be fine, it is not like he is walking yet (thank goodness! ) It's a long car ride, about 7 or 8 hours, so we'll see how he does. He did good on our trip to Cape Cod a few weeks ago, but we did have to stop a few extra times because he started to fuss. He's been to Buffalo one other time when he was 2 months old and he did really well then. But now that's he's more aware and more mobile, I anticipate him protesting a bit more! This is also my grandma's 90th birthday celebration too, so we'll have the whole family there, plus DH's parents and my sister in law's parents too. It should be a nice long weekend and I'm looking forward to it.
Aww you def have to post a pic of him in it!! Hope you guys have a great trip and time with the fam
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #1730

Quote:
DP thats funny. It does seem much more peaceful there. Ive only ever been to Niagara Falls and Windsor tho. Lol tourist traps. I was gonna ask, is DH career military or no?
Yes mam he is. He just hit 12 years and re enlisted. While there are some things I HATE ( 10 month deployments, back to back deployments, etc..) the marines have been VERY good to us. Dh has done amazing. He is the 3rd youngest gunny (yes I am proud!)

Holy smokes! I need to move off base and do daycare. I'm getting jipped!

Aww happy! We want pictures!! What church? My son was baptized in buffalo too
Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #1731
Senior LCF Member

Awww DP that is awesome!! Congrats to him.. esp for getting Gunny! Lord knows its not easy moving up the ranks in the Corps.. lol well atleast in my DH's MOS it wasnt lol. Another reason he got out. Will u guys be staying in NC then for his whole next enlistment or will u be PCSing? I wish we woulda been in NC.. everyone I know that was at any of the bases there loved it. The economy around 29 was terrible. No jobs and just sooo run down lol and huge meth area. YUCK!

Question.... is liquid stevia the same carb count as liquid splenda? I cant find liquid splenda at any stores but all the stores have liquid stevia. Its about $11-12 a bottle. I see how many carbs liquid saves and Im wondering if I should invest in it? But hate paying shipping...so if stevia is same ill just get that Oh and why is it so many less carbs? Less fillerS?

Last edited by JaxonsMomma2012; 07-26-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #1732

We have to put James back in his Baptism gown this Sunday for pictures, the day he was baptized was super hot and we had to get him out of the gown asap or he would have boiled. He spent the whole reception in a diaper, lol.
Oh boy, my mil arrived. She is on my case about feeding James. But, I am not a moron. I could tell he was ready to eat. And I really do not want to her her opinion on low carb eating for my family. She does not realize how much I have read on this topic. I think she thinks I am just making it all up, lol.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 AM   #1733

K here is today's accountability. Going out to dinner but I know I want steak!

B: sausage, cheese, coffee with cream
L: tuna with mayo, Brussels (a few bites of meatloaf made with oats)
D: steak and some veggie.
S: string cheese (if needed)
Old 07-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #1734

Quote:
Awww DP that is awesome!! Congrats to him.. esp for getting Gunny! Lord knows its not easy moving up the ranks in the Corps.. lol well atleast in my DH's MOS it wasnt lol. Another reason he got out. Will u guys be staying in NC then for his whole next enlistment or will u be PCSing? I wish we woulda been in NC.. everyone I know that was at any of the bases there loved it. The economy around 29 was terrible. No jobs and just sooo run down lol and huge meth area. YUCK!

Question.... is liquid stevia the same carb count as liquid splenda? I cant find liquid splenda at any stores but all the stores have liquid stevia. Its about $11-12 a bottle. I see how many carbs liquid saves and Im wondering if I should invest in it? But hate paying shipping...so if stevia is same ill just get that Oh and why is it so many less carbs? Less fillerS?
It's very hard for my husband to pick up rank too. He is infantry and they only promote a certain amount of gunnys and above every so often. Last time I think they did 4 out of the whole infantry! It's unreal. Hoping he's in the zone for first sgt now

We are trying to PCS to buffalo to be with family. It's hard because a gunny would have to leave right when he would go. Chances are slim but he's trying. If not, yes we'd stay here. I love it
Old 07-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #1735

Gallery: pocahontas
It always amazes me how inexpensive daycare is in other parts of the country. We pay $1,000/mo and we go to a small daycare of only 4-6 kids. Technically its an in home except that the woman rents the place to run her daycare and actually lives somewhere else. Its a cute place all set up for the kiddos. Harris has so much fun there and looks forward to going everyday. We are very lucky we found her.

We chose to keep him in a smaller enverinment until he goes to preschool and it has really paid off. He has only been sick a handful of times and the kids all love each other. We go to b-day parties and have play dates often.

TOM is supposed to be here any minute.

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, devilled eggs
L - forgot to bring my lunch so will swing by the deli for a grilled chix salad
D - burgers on the grill w/ lettuce wraps!

I have been very into burgers lately. Thanks suzanne!

Old 07-26-2012, 10:28 AM   #1736

That's how it is here Andi. It's more like kyles friends coming over daily. And even the 2 boys who have left I still invite over. It's fun!

The whole back of my house is set up as a daycare. People are amazed that when I say daycare I actually mean it. Lol.

Ok, gotta get off here. Kids are napping and I have to do laundry before my BFF comes
Old 07-26-2012, 10:34 AM   #1737
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
It's very hard for my husband to pick up rank too. He is infantry and they only promote a certain amount of gunnys and above every so often. Last time I think they did 4 out of the whole infantry! It's unreal. Hoping he's in the zone for first sgt now

We are trying to PCS to buffalo to be with family. It's hard because a gunny would have to leave right when he would go. Chances are slim but he's trying. If not, yes we'd stay here. I love it
Hehe thats what DH was.. 0311 Grunt I really hope that he gets to PCS.. thatd be amazing for baby #2 to get to experience the first years with fam..wella nd of course great for Kyle too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
It always amazes me how inexpensive daycare is in other parts of the country. We pay $1,000/mo and we go to a small daycare of only 4-6 kids. Technically its an in home except that the woman rents the place to run her daycare and actually lives somewhere else. Its a cute place all set up for the kiddos. Harris has so much fun there and looks forward to going everyday. We are very lucky we found her.

We chose to keep him in a smaller enverinment until he goes to preschool and it has really paid off. He has only been sick a handful of times and the kids all love each other. We go to b-day parties and have play dates often.

TOM is supposed to be here any minute.

Menu for the day:

B - coffee w/ cream, devilled eggs
L - forgot to bring my lunch so will swing by the deli for a grilled chix salad
D - burgers on the grill w/ lettuce wraps!

I have been very into burgers lately. Thanks suzanne!
That daycare sounds awesome and so does your menu!! Yumm. I think Im about to have a big salad for lunch too. I made a giant one with lotsa veggies and hb eggs and cheese..just gotta pick a protein. I was hoping Jax would fall asleep after his last feeding and I could workout before lunch but yeah looks like thats not happening. UGHH so frustrating. I hate working out at night cuz its so crammed for time and just dont have energy. But looks like thats my only option so far....

Menu Plan.. lol lord knows it could change:
B: coffee with splash almond milk and torani, chia pudding, small scoop of cottage cheese
S: Bacon
L: Salad with ranch dressing, hot dog with LC ketchup
D: Pulled pork, sauteed cabbage and onions, deviled eggs
Old 07-26-2012, 10:56 AM   #1738

So, is the show Army Wives what it is really like?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #1739
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Lol i refuse to watch that show cuz whats the point when I was living it. So I honestly couldnt tell u since Ive never seen it. I can tell u that each unit and each Base...is completely different as far as the attitudes, personalities, patriotism etc. It also depends on the age groups as well. My husband was only 21 when we got married... so alot of the wives that I was introduced to, were fresh outta high school..very immature and that didnt sit well with me. Needless to say i didnt make friends with alotta wives out there. The ones I did.. were older and usually the wives of high ranking Marines. I refused to take part in all the drama and gossip and crap that went on with the younger ones. Id rather be lonely lol then part of that crap. We were very fortunate tho to have an amazing Family Readiness Officer who is the lady that coordinates all the family activities and keeps us informed while theyre deployed. She was so cool and you could reach out to her about anything no matter the time of day etc. I miss her!
Old 07-26-2012, 12:03 PM   #1740

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Not in the marine corps! Maybe in the army one thing you don't do...cross the services

Lol... I guess it kind of can be living on base though. I'm not 100% into the show but it is easy to get close to people because we all have one thing in common..we are alone a lot. Even when hubby's agent deployed they work long hours, spend days in the field, etc... As they get higher up in rank the more we have to sacrifice as wives. I don't have close friends here but I do have people I know I could turn to and count on should anything happen. It is like a huge family.
Closed Thread