Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #1681
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Still feeling sick and throwing up... threw up coffee, couldn't bring myself to eat breakfast, tried to eat lunch and threw up again... blah.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #1682
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I had to give in and take medication for my nausea. I am very anti medication, so it had to be really bad for me to give in. It did help some.
I think it is so important to talk about our fears. I was terrified when I found out I was pregnant at 40. That was not in my life plan at all. Then, I felt so sick. I was so down.
But, I cut myself a lot of slack. I spent many days sitting on the couch watching tv in my pj's. I just couldn't do anything else. And that was ok.
But, once the baby was born, I felt like myself again. Full of energy, positive, it was all fine.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #1683

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hang in there cat. Hopefully it only won't last long. How many weeks are you again?
Old 07-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #1684
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Cant believe our lil angel is 1 month old 2mrw!! It has flown by He is now up to 9 lbs!

217799_446674052030365_256820109_n.jpg

photo (12).jpg

Were sitting here waiting for his gas pains to pass so that he can Skype with Gram and Papa We went to the mall and it was successful. I actually got in a quick 10 min Fast Burn dvd of Kettleworx and then walked around for over an hr at the mall and according to my Body Fit Link... we burned 500 cals But the best part was that I fit in a smaller size jeans! THANK GOD! Idt think ive lost inches yet but im not gonna measure until its been a month exactly. So anywho... 2 more sizes and Ill be back down to my pre prego. This prompts a question... am I too old to shop in Juniors? Lol Ill be 29... what age am i supposed to switch over to "Misses"? I just like Jrs style better. What do u guys wear?
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #1685
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Sharon, I totally agree with the above! Hang in there, I am the same as you. I work FT and I think it makes me a better mom. I know its not for everyone but it works for me.

Menu for today:

B - coffee w/ cream, devilled eggs
L - 2 cheeseburger patties over romaine, mayo/mustard to dip
D - grilled NY strip, some kind of veg

Have a great day!
Yummy menu!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
Once a month my daycare offers a Parents' Night Out, and I take advantage of those few precious hours to get a massage. It's once a month, but trust me, I look forward to that night ALL MONTH.We can do this, ladies! The best thing we can do is continue to come here and post/vent/b*tch, whatever is needed. We are NOT alone in this.
to all!
TOTALLY AGREE!! we need an escape even if its havin a day of luxury I LOVE PEDIS!! I have even considered in the future adding in daycare once a wk so i can have a whole day to myself to clean the house and do somethin for myself Ill wait til hes older tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I know a lot or people couldn't or wouldt do what I do. And some days I question it myself! After my son I couldn't wait to go back to my part time job at a restaurant. I know what it's like to want to be away. I think that's a lot of my reason for being so down lately. Without my husband here..or any family/friends I have no escape at all. It's me and my son 24/7
Thats how i felt... i never went home during deploys so it was just me and our dogs, it sucked!

Menu:
B: Coffee with cream, chia shake w 1 scoop pb, hard boiled egg. (Lol i was starvin)
S: Cheese, almonds, piece of summer sausage
L: Atkins bar cuz i was out at the mall and didnt feel like sitting down to eat incase baby got crabby
D: Leftover Bacon Beef roll, coleslaw mix made w may and sour cream, Deviled eggs
S: leftover cheesecake
total carbs about 20

Last edited by JaxonsMomma2012; 07-25-2012 at 04:13 PM..
Old 07-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #1686

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
TOTALLY AGREE!! we need an escape even if its havin a day of luxury I LOVE PEDIS!! I have even considered in the future adding in daycare once a wk so i can have a whole day to myself to clean the house and do somethin for myself Ill wait til hes older tho!
LOL! If I was a SAHM I think I would still do 2 days a week of daycare. Its tough to get things done sometimes and you really just need some alone/adult time once in a while. We live hrs from family so DH and I never get any adult time. My IL's will be here this weekend so DH and I get to have a date night on Friday, so excited!
Old 07-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #1687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
LOL! If I was a SAHM I think I would still do 2 days a week of daycare. Its tough to get things done sometimes and you really just need some alone/adult time once in a while. We live hrs from family so DH and I never get any adult time. My IL's will be here this weekend so DH and I get to have a date night on Friday, so excited!
LOL! Atleast Im not the only one who thinks like this Im not sure when the appropriate age is to start lookin. I def wont do it til he has his 2 month shots next month. Idk if I should look on Care.com? Im so weirded out by daycare tho.. I get scared of what happens cuz u hear horror stories. But then theres amazing ppl like DP out there too. It just sux cuz i dont know any1 here so I dont have word of mouth to go by... And your not alone with no fam around... my sis is in Houston but everyone else is on the East Coast. Thats the main reason I decided to stay home.. cuz I had no fam to help out Congrats on date night!! Whats your plans??
Old 07-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #1688

I take Kyle to daycare every Saturday evening and I take off occasionally when I have a lot to do and he goes then as well. It's good for them

Jax- I still shop in juniors and I'm almost 30. I don't fit right into misses. Some things I do but mostly jr is better for my style as well. Plus I'm 4'11 so missis usually don't fit me right.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #1689
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Quote:
Hang in there cat. Hopefully it only won't last long. How many weeks are you again?

that's just it, I'm not preggers!!!

I've been having this crazy stomach virus from Hades that just won't go away... I wish i were, though... At least morning sickness is productive sickness

Quote:
Cant believe our lil angel is 1 month old 2mrw!! It has flown by He is now up to 9 lbs!
Were sitting here waiting for his gas pains to pass so that he can Skype with Gram and Papa We went to the mall and it was successful. I actually got in a quick 10 min Fast Burn dvd of Kettleworx and then walked around for over an hr at the mall and according to my Body Fit Link... we burned 500 cals But the best part was that I fit in a smaller size jeans! THANK GOD! Idt think ive lost inches yet but im not gonna measure until its been a month exactly. So anywho... 2 more sizes and Ill be back down to my pre prego. This prompts a question... am I too old to shop in Juniors? Lol Ill be 29... what age am i supposed to switch over to "Misses"? I just like Jrs style better. What do u guys wear?
Yay for bb, yay for work out, and yay for fitting into smaller clothes!! I agree with DP, I'd shop juniors if I was skinnier. I like that cut better, and I'm too short for misses, or even petites.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #1690
Senior LCF Member

Lol okay good.. i wanted to make sure I wasnt like "acting too young for my age" lol. Even tho I dont consider that old. But Idk.. lol I guess since Im a mom now.. I didnt know if that should change things haha.

DP... what do u suggest when looking for a daycare? How do I know its a good one other than interviewing? Also... whats a reasonable hrly or daily charge for a baby under 6 months? I talked to DH abt it 2nite and he is iffy abt it as far as worried abt who we would trust. But I explained itd only be once a wk and that theres backround checks etc
Old 07-26-2012, 04:02 AM   #1691

I will voice an unpopular opinion, so feel free to ignore me. I must admit I am against daycare for babies. I know how hard it is being with a baby all day, but I just think under a year is way too young.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #1692

A lot of people agree with you suzanne, but a lot won't. I feel very blessed that I didn't have to out my son in daycare, but people do and once a week will be good for momma and baby IMO.

Anyways- my op 2 things I'd look for are cleanliness and attentiveness. Go and observe a room your baby will be in. Look at the workers and how they interact with your kids. You don't want to see them sitting around talking, you want them interacting. I know with your baby being so young things will be different, but make sure the babies are being held and rocked, read to, sung to, etc... My kids get about an hour total a day of free time where I leave them alone. The rest of the day is either one on one, group activities, or story/music time. You want the workers to want to be with your kids!
Also with cleanliness, with itty bitty ones you want to m are sure toys are cleaned DAILY, floor is cleaned, etc....

Oh, and one other reason I feel daycare is good..it sure does help build up the immune system!!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #1693

Morning everyone. Slept decent and excited because today is my Friday and my BFF comes this afternoon I'm amazed at how 2 days of lc has me feeling. I'm going to work my butt off to stick with this. Itll be a bit challenging with my friend here but I'm in control at last
Old 07-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #1694

Thank you for not attacking me on that. A lot of people flip out when you say things like that. I also agree that if a mom is at her limit, do what needs to be done. A healthy and happy mom is the best mom.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:42 AM   #1695
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Sam slept 10 hours in a row. WOW! He is working on figuring out how to crawl. He can push backwards or get up on his knees but then he is "stuck". A few more weeks at most and then I will have a mobile child. I need to get baby gates.

College class today (blah) and I need to check my stock of premade foods for Sam. I know I have a lot of peaches/pears but not sure I have much else.

Baby's r us is having 20 for $15 on earths best today. I might pop in to buy some for back ups for when I'm working.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-26-2012, 04:58 AM   #1696

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Thank you for not attacking me on that. A lot of people flip out when you say things like that. I also agree that if a mom is at her limit, do what needs to be done. A healthy and happy mom is the best mom.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions! Like I said, I feel very blessed that I could and can be home with my kids. It's amazing having a career and being a stay at home. I don't know how I'd feel if I had to put my kid in daycare all the time. And my son never went until he was almost 2. The closest thing was the playroom at the gym!

I do agree though- a happy mom is most important. My family of 3s mother is home everyday and I watch her kids. She has some serious mental issues and can't be with the kids full time. I'm greatful she is strong enough to know that because I shudder to think what condition the kids would be in if they didn't come here.
Old 07-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #1697

Ok moms- what is the most important thing you have had for your newborn? I'm going to start shopping for baby and want to make sure we have the most important stuff! Oh, besides diapers of course!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:27 AM   #1698
gab
Major LCF Poster!

For the newborn...

Burp/spit up cloths and laundry detergent
White noise maker
Boppy
Car seat snuggle me ( it was winter here and not fighting wrapping a blanket in the car seat was awesome)
Infant bath seat - made sink baths easier
Old 07-26-2012, 05:47 AM   #1699

I never used a noise maker with Kyle. I'll jot it down though.

Have the bobby but will need a bath. We threw Kyle out! Thanks. Already a good list!
Old 07-26-2012, 05:49 AM   #1700
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
. We threw Kyle out! Thanks!
poor baby!

If you have an iPad or droid etc., you could download a free white noise maker. I just found Sam would fall asleep like a switch when we turned on. We had a giraffe noise maker thing

Last edited by gab; 07-26-2012 at 05:55 AM..
Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 AM   #1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
poor baby!
oops! Don't think I haven't been tempted some days
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #1702

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Oh man your commute sounds like my hubby's. Hes lucky tho and usually doesnt hit traffic cuz of his weird hrs. When we first moved to TX last yr.. I was working at a hospital in downtown Dallas and from my house it shoulda taken me 45 mins... but usually itd end up being an hr and a half. No matter what, thered be an accident every flippin day and the way the highways are in Dallas.. theres like 5 and they all somehow connect so if theres an accident and back up on one.. it effects them all. DUMB!! What kind of work do you do? Will u be going back after maternity leave?
Actually what sucks is I live 3 miles, roughly 7 minutes away from my work place. But I have to pick up clients on the way. I have 3 jobs, but the main one in question is my 30 hour a week job. I work at a day care center for mentally disabled adults. ie autism, downs syndrome, etc. I stumbled across this job at the end of last year and it has been the most amazing job ever. These clients are so full of love, I love going to work every day. We want me to be a stay at home mom, but honestly the thought of not seeing my clients and getting giant bear hugs every day from them, makes me cry. I'm really torn about what to do.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #1703
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I will voice an unpopular opinion, so feel free to ignore me. I must admit I am against daycare for babies. I know how hard it is being with a baby all day, but I just think under a year is way too young.
I felt that way too especially because were financially able to have me be home so why bother... but after seeing how little time I have to get anything done... i just feel like its necessary. Plus DH deserves to have his own time too for projects and what not. He literally has no time at home on his work days..other than to sleep and eat so since he busts his butt, i feel kinda guilty asking him to devote a whole day of sitting in doors when he only gets a day off every once in a great while. We shall see when the time comes tho And i def dont disagree with ya for the most part

Quote:
A lot of people agree with you suzanne, but a lot won't. I feel very blessed that I didn't have to out my son in daycare, but people do and once a week will be good for momma and baby IMO.

Anyways- my op 2 things I'd look for are cleanliness and attentiveness. Go and observe a room your baby will be in. Look at the workers and how they interact with your kids. You don't want to see them sitting around talking, you want them interacting. I know with your baby being so young things will be different, but make sure the babies are being held and rocked, read to, sung to, etc... My kids get about an hour total a day of free time where I leave them alone. The rest of the day is either one on one, group activities, or story/music time. You want the workers to want to be with your kids!
Also with cleanliness, with itty bitty ones you want to m are sure toys are cleaned DAILY, floor is cleaned, etc....

Oh, and one other reason I feel daycare is good..it sure does help build up the immune system!!
Def agree with the immune system! I am thinking I wanna do an in home daycare place thats certified.. like yours because I feel like he'll get more attention there. What should I expect for hourly or daily rate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
Sam slept 10 hours in a row. WOW! He is working on figuring out how to crawl. He can push backwards or get up on his knees but then he is "stuck". A few more weeks at most and then I will have a mobile child. I need to get baby gates.

College class today (blah) and I need to check my stock of premade foods for Sam. I know I have a lot of peaches/pears but not sure I have much else.

Baby's r us is having 20 for $15 on earths best today. I might pop in to buy some for back ups for when I'm working.
Aww how awesome that hes starting to crawl!! Do u use just a food processor to make your foods?

Quote:
Ok moms- what is the most important thing you have had for your newborn? I'm going to start shopping for baby and want to make sure we have the most important stuff! Oh, besides diapers of course!
Diaper Genie, Lotsa onesies and kimona wrap style.. i like the ones w built in mittens , swing and yes TONS of burp rags and receiving blankets. Thats what we used the most of We got lucky and our hospital gave us an awesome bath tub for free But we had already bought one from Target.. they have a good selection Oh and a bassinett or something if your not gonna do a crib right away. We bought a Graco pack n play that came with a built in changing table and bassinet on top so he sleeps in the bassinet part next to our bed til we transfer him to his nursery
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 AM   #1704
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
So much to catch up on here! I haven't been able to check in as frequently because I'm pretty slammed at work.

Quick update: I brought Ben to the pediatrician this morning for his 4-month check-up and vaccinations. I'm working from home with him today in case he has any kind of reaction, but he's fine so far. He is now 15 pounds 14 ounces That puts him in the 70th percentile for weight for his age, but doc said it's fine because he's also "growing like a weed" (her words!) and is now in the 79th percentile for height! So he's pretty darn proportionate, which is what is most important.

She did say he should be able to sleep through the night without the two night feedings. He has done it before, which shows he CAN do it and doesn't actually need the overnight calories anymore, so now we have to start working on weaning him off the night feedings. She said most babies will catch on after just 2-3 nights; when they wake up at night, just help them back to seep without a bottle. We will wait for the weekend to try to start this!
Quote:
I think we would all agree that we'd rather not have to bring our babies to daycare. However, sometimes staying home or leaving baby with family (which, IMO, is the next best thing) is just not an option. I would love to stay home with my son, but then we would not be able to afford our house (and it's not like we live in a mansion by any means - it was built in the 1970s, needs quite a bit of exterior work, no garage, less than 1/4 acre of land...). I know you know that, in the US, we don't get the kind of maternity and paternity leave you do. I got 6 weeks, and my husband got NONE (but took off 1 week, unpaid). We couldn't survive here without two full-time incomes. I joke about moving to Canada (or any of the other MANY countries that offer better maternity leave - England, France, Australia, Sweden...), but that's not a realistic option, either :P
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-26-2012, 06:51 AM   #1705
Senior LCF Member

Did my attachments work last night? It was takin forever to upload... Today we have no plans. Gonna try to of course get in a workout later. What are some other places i could take him indoors where its nice and cool to walk?

Im gonna try some making some of the muffin meat type snacks today on Linda sues site. I fig ill make a bunch of diff kinds... breakfast ones with egg and veggies and sausage and then make some other ones. Ive seen a zucchini recipe. I also through a pork shoulder in the crockpot for pulled pork 2nite. Think ill serve it with fried cabbage
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #1706

Wow jilly!! Big boy good luck weaning him off the night feedings. I had a hard time with that and was still giving Kyle a bottle in the middle of the night at 10 months I liked it

Jax- I charge $4 an hour or $115 a week for full time care. I included all meals and snacks. Base day care charges $3/hour or $125 weeks. Off base is about $150 a week to give you a clue. You'll have to shop around. I know it also varies from place to place

Thanks for more ideas! We have a bassinet and pack n play though we will probably Co sleep for a few months before the crib. It worked amazing with Kyle and me and dh decided we will probably go that route. Also have a diaper champ. Need that with the daycare!

Onsies is a good one if we have a girl! I know I'd go nuts with cute outfits but onesies are a must. I have everything boy when it comes to clothes!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #1707
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
I am thinking I wanna do an in home daycare place thats certified.. like yours because I feel like he'll get more attention there. What should I expect for hourly or daily rate?
This varies WIDELY by location. Here, I pay $45/day ($225/week). An actual daycare facility would be $320-430/week, which is why we went with a home daycare.

I also like our home daycare because she only watches up to 4 kids at a time, so it's never overcrowded or dirty. And it's not a rotation of caregivers - it's one woman, so Ben will grow to know and trust her (as will I!). She feeds the kids organic foods since that's what she feeds her family (not that that matters for Ben yet, but it will in the future!), she spends time with them outside (community play area right behind her home), and she does things like "baby exercises" with him. I spoke with her multiple times and visited her house twice before I started bringing him there, and I'm very comfortable with her. And I like him being around other kids; I think, even as a baby, it's important to be socialized.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #1708

We all have to make the choices that work for our lives. How we raise out children, what we eat, all personal choices. We only know a little about eachother, it is a message board.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #1709
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Actually what sucks is I live 3 miles, roughly 7 minutes away from my work place. But I have to pick up clients on the way. I have 3 jobs, but the main one in question is my 30 hour a week job. I work at a day care center for mentally disabled adults. ie autism, downs syndrome, etc. I stumbled across this job at the end of last year and it has been the most amazing job ever. These clients are so full of love, I love going to work every day. We want me to be a stay at home mom, but honestly the thought of not seeing my clients and getting giant bear hugs every day from them, makes me cry. I'm really torn about what to do.
It takes a very special person to work in that field. I think its amazing and I have always wanted to do something like that. The best kind of work is emotionally rewarding I think if u love it that much.. maybe try to fig out a way to stay after the baby

Jilly and DP.. thank you very much for the info!! That helps alot. I def agree Jilly that I like the in home choice better..especially with his age. I want alot of attention for him and limited kids. When I looked on Care.com, most places were $5-10 an hr but thats kinda generic. Ill have to call around etc and visit when it gets closer. Jilly..did u take Ben before he got his 2 month shots?

Suzanne... your def lucky your DH got so much paternity leave. Mine got 2 weeks paid and we were shocked they gave him that much. Hes actually fortunate cuz they let him split it up however he wants..as long as its used in 6 months. So he took 1 week when I first had him and then went back. Were saving the rest of the time for Oct for that wedding were going to in Wisconsin I think DH woulda went nuts having more time off tho. He has to be busy busy busy 24/7 or else he doesnt know what to do with himself. Lol. Thats the Marine in him haha

DP.. congrats ons taying on track with LC and Im sure youll do just fine with your BFF there Dont be too hard on yourself if ya cheat alil tho. Our friends wanted to go to Sushi 2mrw for DH and her bdays lol my response was "Umm we can go but Im not eating much other than egg drop..Im on strict low carb diet". She hassled me but dang it... Im not giving in. Now it doesnt matter cuz DH has to go in to work lol.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:12 AM   #1710

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Feeling particularly sick this morning. ugh
I bought some vit B6 the other day since I read it helps with morning sickness, well I got home and looked it up and it looks like they are suggesting low doses of like 10 mg 3 times a day! The one I bought is 200mg! A LOT MORE! Should I not use it?

Just say this on WebMD...
"Note:

Intake of more than 100 mg a day of vitamin B6 can cause temporary nerve damage."

So why would they be selling it in 200 mg tablets??

Last edited by Lori37; 07-26-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Closed Thread