Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 AM   #1651
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I had a tough time eating in the mornings too. Sometimes I would eat and feel better and other times it made it worse. Everyday was a gambled.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2012, 06:42 AM   #1652

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I'm like that too..some days worse than others. I drink protein shakes a lot in the mornings to have something in me

And btw suzanne- you are very inspiring and you are at my goal weight!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #1653
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
164.4!! officially pre-preggo weight

Going to work, will post more later!
Old 07-25-2012, 06:49 AM   #1654

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I'm like that too..some days worse than others. I drink protein shakes a lot in the mornings to have something in me
Maybe I need to pull out the protein shakes! I'm just weary of all the chemicals in them.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #1655

I am so glad my pregnancy is over, I feel for you guys. Everyday was just a nightmare for me. The nausea was never ending, it got me very depressed. And I was just too tired to do anything.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #1656
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Friday August 24th I find out the gender
YEAH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I'm having a really hard time eating anything, especially in the mornings. I usually throw up once or twice in the morning, then I don't want anything. But they say if you have an empty stomach you'll feel worse. I've been grateful I'm not sick all day long. I feel queasy thru most of the day, but start to feel much better after 1ish. But seriously, no desire to eat.
Ughh Im sos orry your feeling so crappy I dont have much advice cuz I was lucky and didnt have morning sickness at all..

Quote:
Maybe I need to pull out the protein shakes! I'm just weary of all the chemicals in them.
Theres alot of protein mixes that are "raw" that are just derived from vegetable and fruit sources. Id check out your local health food store.. such as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods or Sprouts and search them out. Or theres always online Theres also egg white protein which I have had and its pretty decent. Def have to add in flavor tho
Old 07-25-2012, 07:15 AM   #1657
Senior LCF Member

Just finishing up getting Jaxon a breakfast bottle lol and tryin to get myself a shake and coffee. Grabbed an egg while feeding him. My plan of the day is that if he doesnt nap later.. Im gonna take him to the mall and walk around and get in my 30-40min power walk there. I figure atleast its something and its nice and cool for him. Lol plus DH got paid yesterday lol so if I see some goodies for me... haha. Im praying he naps tho so I can get in my strength training cuz I havent since Sun I think

Hows everyones day going? What are your plans for the weekend? DH is off the whole weekend..FOR ONCE!! Lol so were gonna head over our friends house to celebrate DH and her bdays. Prolly grilling and what not. The good thing is that they eat Paleo so I never have to worry abt picking and choosing what I can eat over there Other than that.. Fri will be my designated..clean the heck outta the house day while DH watches Jaxon. And I will be hittin the gym hard all 3 days. CANT WAIT!!
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I am so glad my pregnancy is over, I feel for you guys. Everyday was just a nightmare for me. The nausea was never ending, it got me very depressed. And I was just too tired to do anything.
I've gotta say, what I'm experiencing so far isn't as bad as some of the stories I've been told. I puke once or twice in the morning, then go about my day queasy. but I AM able to go about my day and function. I'm grateful I'm not throwing up non stop! I work a lot and that just wouldn't fly!
Now I do tire easily, and have very little motivation to do anything, even cook! Poor hubby! I make sure I pack my lunch before bed, because there is no way I'm getting around to it in the mornings.
So far the hardest thing is just my hour + drive to work every morning. By the end of it I usually feel worse, but I haven't let myself throw up at work yet.
I usually feel better after I do though!
I think with the next pregnancy I should plan to be at home and not work or at least not work so much.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 07-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #1659

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
YEAH!!!

Ughh Im sos orry your feeling so crappy I dont have much advice cuz I was lucky and didnt have morning sickness at all..

Theres alot of protein mixes that are "raw" that are just derived from vegetable and fruit sources. Id check out your local health food store.. such as Trader Joe's, Whole Foods or Sprouts and search them out. Or theres always online Theres also egg white protein which I have had and its pretty decent. Def have to add in flavor tho

I was so hoping I'd be one of those ladies who don't have any at all! I start every day out by telling myself that I feel great and won't have any sickness!
Yeah I'll have to get a raw one, the ones I have right now are great with the numbers, but too many chemicals.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #1660
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I've gotta say, what I'm experiencing so far isn't as bad as some of the stories I've been told. I puke once or twice in the morning, then go about my day queasy. but I AM able to go about my day and function. I'm grateful I'm not throwing up non stop! I work a lot and that just wouldn't fly!
Now I do tire easily, and have very little motivation to do anything, even cook! Poor hubby! I make sure I pack my lunch before bed, because there is no way I'm getting around to it in the mornings.
So far the hardest thing is just my hour + drive to work every morning. By the end of it I usually feel worse, but I haven't let myself throw up at work yet.
I usually feel better after I do though!
I think with the next pregnancy I should plan to be at home and not work or at least not work so much.
Oh man your commute sounds like my hubby's. Hes lucky tho and usually doesnt hit traffic cuz of his weird hrs. When we first moved to TX last yr.. I was working at a hospital in downtown Dallas and from my house it shoulda taken me 45 mins... but usually itd end up being an hr and a half. No matter what, thered be an accident every flippin day and the way the highways are in Dallas.. theres like 5 and they all somehow connect so if theres an accident and back up on one.. it effects them all. DUMB!! What kind of work do you do? Will u be going back after maternity leave?
Old 07-25-2012, 08:28 AM   #1661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
164.4!! officially pre-preggo weight

Going to work, will post more later!
congrats

Quote:
I'm starting to get depressed about it too, and I don't even feel really bad half the time. When I do though I feel rotten and it stinks because I am alone with dh deployed and working full time. There are many days I want to stay in bed
Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #1662
Major LCF Poster!

Just stopping by to say hi! I have a test all day, so I'mma be busy with that. Will pop back in at lunch time Hope everyone's doing okay today!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #1663

I am never depressed , but this pregnancy really got me down. I just took it easy on myself.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #1664
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I am depressed....just got done dealing with some horrible PPD after Brandon was born and then boom, somehow I got pregnant with #2. I immediately went off my meds that I re-started when I got the PPD. I am hanging in there, but I am depressed a lot. Mainly, I have a lot of anxiety of how hard this is going to be taking care of 2 babies under 1....I just feel like we've gotten into a good groove with Brandon. How am I going to do this????!!! I swear, thank goodness I work and thank goodness for daycare because I would never be a good SAHM. Working is like time off for me. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with Brandon....he is the most important thing ever to me right now, but I don't feel like I am a good mother. I am tired most of the time, I worry all the time, and I want to cry all the time. I know a lot of how I feel physically is because I'm pregnant right now and I have to forgive myself for not being super energetic. But, if it wasn't for all this excesss progesterone floating around in my body right now, I would have to be back on meds stat.

sorry, just venting a little. I am scared of being a mom to 2 little tiny boys. But somehow I am managing doing it to 1 tiny boy, so I'm sure I can do it for 2. But it is scary. The unknown is scary.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 07-25-2012, 08:53 AM   #1665
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I'm starting to get depressed about it too, and I don't even feel really bad half the time. When I do though I feel rotten and it stinks because I am alone with dh deployed and working full time. There are many days I want to stay in bed
Im so sorry hun. I know how u feel obviously cuz of deploys but I was never prego during it. I cant even imagine how much harder itd be with the emotions and horomones. I know it sucks prolly some days to be working but I know when I worked or was in school.. it made the days go by so much faster than the times when I was just at home alone and just had time to think and feel That was my biggest issue during deploys.. idle time and idle hands. I felt like forums def helped tho. Were all here for u and hopefully youll continue to get some Skype time or phone calls. Those make it all worth it Hugs and prayers that time speeds up and hes back at home with ya
Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #1666

Thanks Jax. I'm hanging in there, and yes, working and being with the kids everyday does help. Though it is sure extra exhausting!

Sharon you can so do this I take care of 5-6 kids a day, 2 of them are kids and I've had them since they were 6 months old. You will be fine, and your older son will adjust. Mine had to and now when the kids aren't here he is asking for them! I understand your anxiety though trust me. I never thought I could do this while I was pregnant with dh gone, but I'm surviving
Old 07-25-2012, 08:59 AM   #1667
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I am depressed....just got done dealing with some horrible PPD after Brandon was born and then boom, somehow I got pregnant with #2. I immediately went off my meds that I re-started when I got the PPD. I am hanging in there, but I am depressed a lot. Mainly, I have a lot of anxiety of how hard this is going to be taking care of 2 babies under 1....I just feel like we've gotten into a good groove with Brandon. How am I going to do this????!!! I swear, thank goodness I work and thank goodness for daycare because I would never be a good SAHM. Working is like time off for me. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with Brandon....he is the most important thing ever to me right now, but I don't feel like I am a good mother. I am tired most of the time, I worry all the time, and I want to cry all the time. I know a lot of how I feel physically is because I'm pregnant right now and I have to forgive myself for not being super energetic. But, if it wasn't for all this excesss progesterone floating around in my body right now, I would have to be back on meds stat.

sorry, just venting a little. I am scared of being a mom to 2 little tiny boys. But somehow I am managing doing it to 1 tiny boy, so I'm sure I can do it for 2. But it is scary. The unknown is scary.
Hun I think how u feel is normal... Id feel exactly the same if I was in that boat. I feel so stressed out now with only a 1 month old and Imscared as hell that we will some how end up with a #2 before Im ready. At this point with Jax's issues.. Idt I can mentally handle another child or if I want to. I know thats terrible to say but I just dont think Id be emotionally capable. Im glad that you have an outlet like you said.. by going to work. That really gives u a chance to step away and tehres nothing wrong with that. I get jealous that DH gets to "escape" on days where the baby just wont let up. But I just try to breathe and remember it wont always be like this. Keep your head up and find other outlets too help..like friends, working out, crafts or a project if you get time and even a Mom Day for you to get pampered. You deserve it! Were here for u hun
Old 07-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #1668
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Jax. I'm hanging in there, and yes, working and being with the kids everyday does help. Though it is sure extra exhausting!

Sharon you can so do this I take care of 5-6 kids a day, 2 of them are kids and I've had them since they were 6 months old. You will be fine, and your older son will adjust. Mine had to and now when the kids aren't here he is asking for them! I understand your anxiety though trust me. I never thought I could do this while I was pregnant with dh gone, but I'm surviving
Old 07-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #1669
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I swear, thank goodness I work and thank goodness for daycare because I would never be a good SAHM. Working is like time off for me. Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely in love with Brandon....he is the most important thing ever to me right now, but I don't feel like I am a good mother. I am tired most of the time, I worry all the time, and I want to cry all the time. I know a lot of how I feel physically is because I'm pregnant right now and I have to forgive myself for not being super energetic.
that much self awareness and recognition of your emotions means you are a great mom!

That said, you are not alone. I feel this way some days and I just have one little one. It actually bothered me a little how not concerned I was being apart from him everyday all day last week. I hear of moms that cry the whole first week dropping off at daycare, etc. not me. Maybe because he was with my mom and DH? I don't know. It also was just the one week, maybe I will feel differently come September when it's more of a permanent situation.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-25-2012, 09:13 AM   #1670
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I cried a lot when I first dropped Brandon off at daycare. The first week I was back at work, I must have stared at his pictures about 75% of my day. It's funny because when he was first born, I was dying to go back to work, the end of my 12 week maternity leave couldn't come fast enough. I got so jealous of DH who got to escape to work everyday. Then when it came time for me go back to work, I dreaded it like anything. I wasn't sure I made the right decision to stay working. But now, I feel like there is a balance and I am glad I continued to work. I know he is getting excellent care at daycare (he is at an in-home daycare like you run, DP). They love him there like crazy and he even has a 'buddy' there who is a couple months older than him and they are starting to play together now . But at first, I wasn't sure I made the right decision. I wonder if I'll go through the same feelings with Boy 2.0? Sigh.

Thanks for listening guys....this is hard for me, to be a first time mother at 38. But at the end of each workday, I get this "hunger"....I can't wait to get home to see Brandon's smiling face when I walk in the door.

edited to add-oh, and I still look at his pictures a lot at work, just have gotten it down to a lot less than 75% now, lol! And I'm sure my bosses are happy to hear that!

Last edited by Happycat21; 07-25-2012 at 09:15 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #1671

I think everything you are feeling is totally normal Sharon! I'm stressed thinking about having another one and my son will be 3!

And I'm sure your son is in great hands. I love my daycare kids to death!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #1672
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Sharon - I am planning to put up photos of Sam opposite from where I usually stand/sit to teach so that he is always within view in my room. Not putting up a lot of photos will be my challenge
Old 07-25-2012, 10:00 AM   #1673

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
that much self awareness and recognition of your emotions means you are a great mom!
Sharon, I totally agree with the above! Hang in there, I am the same as you. I work FT and I think it makes me a better mom. I know its not for everyone but it works for me.

Menu for today:

B - coffee w/ cream, devilled eggs
L - 2 cheeseburger patties over romaine, mayo/mustard to dip
D - grilled NY strip, some kind of veg

Have a great day!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #1674
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
I panicked a little today because I saw that I was spotting a little bit....i looked it up, and apparently that's normal? My first doc appointment is still over a week away, and i feel like i know nothing about being pregnant. in other news, i do feel possibly some MS starting up. I'm just queasy, no vomiting.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 AM   #1675
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I spotted a bit with this pregnancy. My doctor told me it was usually very normal. As long as it wasn't a whole lot of blood. They had me come in to do an ultasound though just in case and everything looked fine. I'm sure there is no problem!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #1676

I had almost a full on period with my first pregnancy. I was only about 5 weeks pregnant. It was how I knew I was pg because I don't normall get periods. But it is totally normal to spot
Old 07-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #1677

Today's menu
B: protein shake, coffee with cream
L: polish sausage with cheese
S: ham slices with mayo, tbsp natural pb
D: (will be) ground beef with salsa and sour cream

40 minute walk this evening
Old 07-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #1678
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Thank you! It helps put my mind at ease to hear I'm not alone with this.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #1679
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies!

I'm sorry to hear some of you are feeling down. I know I had a lot of issues with that during my 2nd pregnancy. My husband and I were having problems, and we were separated. So me being pregnant and hormonal, taking care of a 2yo, working full time, and being alone.. it was hard. I know DP's hubby is deployed, so I can def empathize with you

Happy cat-- I completely understand! I cried the first day I put DS in daycare, but after that I was fine. I too see work as "me time" or "grown-up conversation time"... then I feel bad about it because I'm not upset at having to leave my kids in daycare, or for wanting time away from them... but honestly, I had a talk with my dad about it, and he got that out of my head QUICK. And he was right. I would go crazy being at home with my kids 24/7. I know DP is a SAHM, WITH a career. That's awesome, but it is something I could not do. I love my career, and I love what I do. I know I am making a difference, so that raises my spirits in a way.

I think when we become mothers, we lose a part of our individuality. We are mothers first, and people second. I know I feel like that now. I'm a mother first, an Airman second, and THEN I'm a woman. And it's hard. I often feel like I'm juggling all three, and I'm terrified that I'm going to drop one of the balls. All we can do is love our children as much as we can, go easy on ourselves when needed, and try to schedule a little "us time" when we can. Once a month my daycare offers a Parents' Night Out, and I take advantage of those few precious hours to get a massage. It's once a month, but trust me, I look forward to that night ALL MONTH.

We can do this, ladies! The best thing we can do is continue to come here and post/vent/b*tch, whatever is needed. We are NOT alone in this.

to all!

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Old 07-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #1680

I know a lot or people couldn't or wouldt do what I do. And some days I question it myself! After my son I couldn't wait to go back to my part time job at a restaurant. I know what it's like to want to be away. I think that's a lot of my reason for being so down lately. Without my husband here..or any family/friends I have no escape at all. It's me and my son 24/7
Closed Thread