Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 AM   #1621
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Just a quick hi- I'm in class right now and can't answer everyone at the moment.

Liz-- so sorry to hear about it! I'm glad you're better... I actually had something similar with my daughter. They called it "pulmonary edema", plus pneumonia, among others, and I was hospitalized for 6 days after I had already come home from the hospital. I'm glad you're doing better, I know it is no fun!

Be back soon to post!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #1622
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Since I see some requests for menu suggestions...yesterday's breakfast:

- 2 slices Canadian bacon, 4 eggs over easy, 2 slices Swiss cheese, half an avocado sliced up, all topped with hollandaise sauce

Yesterday's lunch:

- chicken breast with 2 slices American cheese melted on top, dipped in mixture of mayo and barbecue sauce (I use Kraft Light barbecue sauce, which is 5g total carbs per 2 tablespoons, and I doubt I ever use even 1 full tablespoon)

Yesterday's dinner:

- 2 turkey burgers topped with Swiss cheese and sliced avocado dipped in mixture of mayo and barbecue sauce, pickles on the side
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
I'm a firm believer of not being in ketosis during pregnancy (at least not on purpose), but that's just my belief.
Curious - why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Umm trying not to feel discouraged or ready to quit.... Scale says I'm 2.5 lbs heavier since I started eating more and not tracking cals. It's not muscle cuz I haven't worked out since Fri I believe. Yesterday got hectic at night so of course it got skipped idk. I'm giving it til Sun and then will have to decide if I need to try something else.
First, I've suggested before you get rid of your scale, and I'll suggest it again! Second, doing something for only a week or so isn't really long enough to determine if it will work or not. There are too many other factors at play; you need a longer duration to track trends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Or even like if I just go by how my clothes fit.... Which is terrible right now lol. I have one pair of fat jeans I can wear and none of my tees fit cuz of my stomach. Blah.
You just had a baby. Your stomach is going to be different. Possibly your his as well. It's not a weight issue but a physical change issue that you have little to no control over. I currently can't fit into jeans that I had previously work at the same weight I am now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
Asher is doing very well. He are off everything. Last step is to get him to nurse. He is tounge tied and ENT is going to do a consult to see if he needs it clipped. He will have to stay 1 to 2 days after they do that. So we may be here a whole other week.
I'm so ready to be home.
I had a turn for the worse. My pre-e came back after or I should say didn't leave but got worse. Woke up from a nap and I had the servere chills. My lungs filled up with fluid and I couldn't breathe. I was coughing up fluid. Hubby took me to local hospital and they put me in the icu. This was friday. I got out Monday mid-morning.
I bet I dropped at least 10 pounds worth of fluid off my body.
I really thought I wasn't going to make it. Because the doctors were really worried too.

Well I'm off to nurse mr Asher.
I'm glad you're both okay! Ben was tongue tied, and it made breastfeeding insanely painful. When I consulted with a pediatric ENT, we could not come up with a single good reason NOT to clip the frenulum.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #1623
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I do not fit in a lot of my clothes despite weighing my pre-prego weight. My hips are wider.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 AM   #1624

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Same here...old clothes fit totally different. Better I think

What is being tounge tied? I thought that was simply an expression
Old 07-24-2012, 09:54 AM   #1625
Major LCF Poster!

Jilly-- when I was pregnant with DS, I read a bunch of studies about ketosis. While I think it's great that we are in ketosis to lose weight, I don't believe that it's necessarily safe while pregnant. The reason is that all the toxins from our bodies, the environment, etc, are stored in fat cells. When we burn fat, those toxins are released into our bodies. Now, we as adults can handle that in our bodies, but a fetus with almost no immune system might not do as well. Have there been studies about pregnant women in ketosis? Not that I can find. Now, I realize there are two major arguments to this theory. One- a lot of women find themselves in ketosis during pregnancy anyway, due to morning sickness, etc. True- but not usually on a daily basis throughout the entire pregnancy. Two- our ancestors were often in ketosis throughout the entire pregnancy, due to what food was available then. I agree with this; however, in those days all the environmental, product, etc, toxins that we have today did not exist for the most part back then.

So is ketosis safe during pregnancy? I don't know, but just to be on the safe side, I don't do it. Again, that is just MY BELIEF: I don't judge anyone who does, nor do I preach to them. Just my personal choice.

Now... back to class

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-24-2012 at 09:55 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #1626
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
so this 100* weather is killing my motivation to walk. At 27w I am +11 lbs, that's up 5 lbs since 7/2. The doc only wanted me to gain 11 for the whole pregnancy so uhhhh... that's not cool. time for a reality check. that being said, here's my menu so i can see where i've gone astray.

b- smoothie, slice of zucchini bread (MIL's homemade... can't pass that up!)
sn- coffee, granola bar
l- 2 hb eggs w/salt, string cheese, pb&j
sn- cukes & onions (made with sour cream, vinegar and a spoonful of sugar)
d- probably a salad and HB eggs

The granola bar, pbj and the zucc bread could be nixed to lower my carbs, but my 2 hr PP's have been fine so I wonder if I'll see much of a difference removing them. i just gotta face it, i need to do more exercise, period.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #1627
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
I need some tough love. I NEED to get back on the right track. Someone please yell at me. I need it today.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:50 AM   #1628
Major LCF Poster!

Carlini:

Consider this your verbal smackdown!

"Step away from the carbs!! I repeat- step AWAY FROM THE CARBS!"

LOL girl, just pick yourself up, brush it off, and start again. But start RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow, not next week... NOW

Old 07-24-2012, 10:51 AM   #1629
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, by the way:

165.8 this morning!!!!!

FINALLY!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:17 AM   #1630

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Carlini:

Consider this your verbal smackdown!

"Step away from the carbs!! I repeat- step AWAY FROM THE CARBS!"

LOL girl, just pick yourself up, brush it off, and start again. But start RIGHT NOW, not tomorrow, not next week... NOW

DOUBLE SMACKDOWN!

Lizzy - Im so sorry for all you have gone through. I cant wait for you and baby Asher to go home and have some peaceful bonding time....ALONE.

Menu for today:

B - coffee w/cream, devilled eggs
L - 2 cheeseburger patties over romaine, mayo/mustard for dipping
D - grilled chicken sausages over spinach, goat cheese crumbles, red onion

I am swamped at work but I will catch up later!

Last edited by pocahontas; 07-24-2012 at 11:20 AM..
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #1631

You only stay in ketosis for a few weeks when you drop your carbs. I am zc and not in ketosis. I was vlc for my pregnancy, but not in ketosis.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #1632

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Oh, by the way:

165.8 this morning!!!!!

FINALLY!!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #1633
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Wow, so many new posts and people. I have a hard time keeping up. I am loving all the LC food and menu ideas, I think it's helping me stay on track. I love our little (or not so little lately) group here. <3

Andi- Sorry you got another BFN. :hug:

Welcome to all the new ladies in the group!

Still on track, we went for a 10 mile bike ride yesterday and went wine tasting over the weekend. I almost caved on Sunday, after a day of wine, but decided on a chicken caesar salad instead. Whew!
Old 07-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #1634
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
You only stay in ketosis for a few weeks when you drop your carbs. I am zc and not in ketosis. I was vlc for my pregnancy, but not in ketosis.

Yes, however, the amount of carbs I can eat and still stay in ketosis is probably different from yours. And a few weeks of being pregnant and in ketosis is too much for me. I don't plan on debating this on a board, as I simply do not have the research on hand to back up my view. Like I said, it's my belief, but I'm sure others don't share it.

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-24-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #1635
Major LCF Poster!

Andi-- LMAO at the double smackdown!!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #1636

Back from the doctor. Everything is fine. Going back when my mom comes for the gender ultrasound I could have gone in 2-3 weeks but I'll wait. I want to know NOW!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:27 PM   #1637
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Back from the doctor. Everything is fine. Going back when my mom comes for the gender ultrasound I could have gone in 2-3 weeks but I'll wait. I want to know NOW!
YAY!!

Lol tough it out only a few more weeks... I know you can't wait!!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #1638

I know itll be super good to have my mom there. 1 month, I can't wait 1 month

Was going to walk and it started to storm looks like Ill have to try to double up tomorrow evening. If I didn't have my son I'd go now because it's just really windy and a slight drizzle. I wouldn't mind if it started to pour on me, but Kyle wouldn't like it!
Old 07-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #1639

It is cool here tonight and I had a lovely walk with both my sons. My husband is being an a$$, so we left him at home. It was nice to get a break from him too.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #1640

Quote:
It is cool here tonight and I had a lovely walk with both my sons. My husband is being an a$$, so we left him at home. It was nice to get a break from him too.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #1641
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Old 07-24-2012, 04:53 PM   #1642
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Oh, by the way:

165.8 this morning!!!!!

FINALLY!!
YYYEEEAAAHHHHH!! CONGRATS!!

Quote:
Are u still trying to lose weight and thats why your zero carb? And do you not eat veggies then cuz salad and stuff has carbs. Just curious. Or does ZC not stand for zero carbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Still on track, we went for a 10 mile bike ride yesterday and went wine tasting over the weekend. I almost caved on Sunday, after a day of wine, but decided on a chicken caesar salad instead. Whew!
NICE JOB ON THE BIKE RIDE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Aww good to hear and hopefully it flies by!!

Today has been super busy. Jax and I went to Sams and Kroger and stocked up on meat galore and some other essentials. I also swung by Vitamin Shoppe to get some preworkout mix. I like having alil kick in the butt to get me going when I go to the gym lol. And yes.. I checked the carbs. Came home and Jax refuses to nap...prolly cuz he slept through the whole grocery shopping extravaganza lol. So I wore him around the house and we made the Bacon Beef Rolls for Hubbys bday din...along with a cheesecake(I just ended up using a generic recipe from Linda Sue with an almond flour crust)...Im topping it with homemade whipped cream to cover up the egginess (it comes out to 4 carbs I believe cuz of the crust). Literally cooking was a distaster tho cuz not only did I drop a brand new bottle of worstechire all ove rmy floor... i clean that up and then later the bottom shelf on the fridge door decided to come loose and I lost a bottle of hot sauce. Seriously my kitchen was so sticky and disgusting lol. All that cleaning while the baby is strapped to me hahah.

Anywho everything looks good foodwise and Im just waiting on DH to get home to eat. I also picked up a movie so hopefully we can relax altho he cant stay up late since he gets up at 3am. Boo! Hope everyone has had a great day. Mines been pretty good

Menu:
B: Chia smoothie with 1 tbsp PB, bacon
S: Cheese and almonds
L: Cottage cheese with alil SF jelly, and a piece of leftover kielbasa from last night
D: Bacon Beef roll, deviled eggs, steamed cauliflower/broccoli mixture with butter
S: LC cheesecake with heavy whipped cream
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2

Last edited by JaxonsMomma2012; 07-24-2012 at 05:34 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!

JM- your menu looks great!! Sorry about the mess in your kitchen, but it sounds like you hav a good handle on it. I hope you and your man enjoy the bacon rolls: it is soooo good oh and say to hubby for us!

So I have been queasy and throwing up all day... I couldn't have my coffee, my snacks, breakfast, lunch, nothing.... . I'm sitting down to dinner right now, and the only thing that looks good is hotdogs and bacon. So I'm having 3 hotdogs with 2 tbp LC ketchup and 3 slices of bacon. Along with some powerade zero to keep my electrolytes up.

So a total of 6 carbs for the whole day...

I got in some treadmill time, but not much and nothing strenuous cuz I've felt dizzy and light headed all day...

How is everyone else tonight?

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-24-2012 at 06:31 PM..
Old 07-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #1644
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
JM- your menu looks great!! Sorry about the mess in your kitchen, but it sounds like you hav a good handle on it. I hope you and your man enjoy the bacon rolls: it is soooo good oh and say to hubby for us!

So I have been queasy and throwing up all day... I couldn't have my coffee, my snacks, breakfast, lunch, nothing.... . I'm sitting down to dinner right now, and the only thing that looks good is hotdogs and bacon. So I'm having 3 hotdogs with 2 tbp LC ketchup and 3 slices of bacon. Along with some powerade zero to keep my electrolytes up.

So a total of 6 carbs for the whole day...

I got in some treadmill time, but not much and nothing strenuous cuz I've felt dizzy and light headed all day...

How is everyone else tonight?
Ohh man Im sorry your still feeling so sick Lol you have will power to still get on the treadmill! Ughh Its already 915 and were watching Mirror Mirror and I can already see that Im not gonna get my workout in We still have to bathe the stinky lil monster and Im sure hubby wants some cuddle time lol. I guess I will be doin what DP is doin and doubling up 2mrw. I promised myself id try my hardest to get in exercise every day. I know for sure I will be hittin the gym hard on Fri-sun but thats a ways away. Ohhh and the bacon beef rolls were AMAZING!!! DH loved them and man were they most! I saved the other roll for left overs 2mrw. Were abt to break in to the cheesecake lol.

Hopefully ya wake up 2mrw and your back to your old self
Old 07-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #1645

I have been zc, zero carb, for many years prior to pregnancy. For my pregnancy I was low carb. I tried to keep my carbs low, but those of you with nausea know how hard that can be! So, once I had James I just naturally went back to zc. I am not trying to lose weight, in fact I am a bit too thin right now. I am 5 5, 108.
But, I feel great. Full of energy, positive mood, so I try not to worry about the number on the scale.
For those of you with morning sickness, I feel for you. I had it all day and everyday. I found bacon or hot dogs not too bad. I could also do cold cuts dipped in mayo. Cauliflour in butter also seemed ok.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #1646
Senior LCF Member

What about the nutrients in veggies? Do u supplement w vitamins then? I am just intrigued cuz I've never known any1 that did absolutely no carbs. I can't imagine... I love salad and veggies too much lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 AM   #1647

Well, I am not really zero carb these days, I have cheese on my burgers everynight. And, I eat eggs. But, no real interest in vegetables. I take folic acid.
I used to be super hardcore zero carb, but now i love my cheeseburgers. I might even have an onion swiss burger tonight.
Old 07-25-2012, 06:31 AM   #1648
Senior LCF Member

Got it! lol wish I had yur metabolism!

Last edited by JaxonsMomma2012; 07-25-2012 at 06:33 AM..
Old 07-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #1649

Friday August 24th I find out the gender
Old 07-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #1650

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
I'm having a really hard time eating anything, especially in the mornings. I usually throw up once or twice in the morning, then I don't want anything. But they say if you have an empty stomach you'll feel worse. I've been grateful I'm not sick all day long. I feel queasy thru most of the day, but start to feel much better after 1ish. But seriously, no desire to eat.
Closed Thread