Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #1501
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Yopu can always grab another hotdog if you are hungry. If the baby is fussy and you need something fast and easy...

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #1502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Quick- google Linda Sue's bacon beef rolls to see what's for dinner tonight!
Old 07-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #1503
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
On the topic of eating out, I used to literally eat out every day, often twice a day. That was just our lifestyle - my husband doesn't cook at all, and I CAN cook, but I hate doing it! And we didn't have any kids yet, so we had disposable income and a flexible schedule. I never had trouble finding something low-carb at any restaurant. Protein, fat, and non-starchy veggies. Steak with green beans. Chicken wings with non-sweet sauce (even buffalo sauce is fine). Pork chop with broccoli. Bacon cheeseburger with no bun, salad instead of fries. Eggs with cheese, bacon, and sausage. Fajitas with no tortillas or rice (meat, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa...).
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #1504
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
On the topic of eating out, I used to literally eat out every day, often twice a day. That was just our lifestyle - my husband doesn't cook at all, and I CAN cook, but I hate doing it! And we didn't have any kids yet, so we had disposable income and a flexible schedule. I never had trouble finding something low-carb at any restaurant. Protein, fat, and non-starchy veggies. Steak with green beans. Chicken wings with non-sweet sauce (even buffalo sauce is fine). Pork chop with broccoli. Bacon cheeseburger with no bun, salad instead of fries. Eggs with cheese, bacon, and sausage. Fajitas with no tortillas or rice (meat, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, salsa...).
Yummm agreed that all those are yummy choices
Old 07-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #1505
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
Quick- google Linda Sue's bacon beef rolls to see what's for dinner tonight!
UMMMMM YUMMMMMMMMMM lol. Im so making those!!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #1506
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I could eat southern pulled pork until I exploded! I go through phases of eating a certain food, right now it is burgers on the grill. I usually change the cheese though, tonight was swiss, yesterday was brie.
I do the same thing! I usually find it to be cheaper too, since I can buy a few ingredients in bulk. Then after a couple of weeks when I'm starting to tire of it, I just switch to something else..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
That sounds yummy!! Lol I decided to go with a burger and the hot dog... glad I did cuz the hot dog was super good. It was a new Oscar Meyer Angus no nitrate and was only $2.99 from Target! I skipped the avocado earlier and was gonna have it with the burger but decided to just do the eggs, burger and hot dog with some celery. If im hungry later..might make the cheese french toast that Jilly talked abt earlier for DH and I for dessert. I just explained to him that I talke dto u ladies abt my dilemma and that starting 2day I decided to not track cals and he looks at me and goes "Umm so if it workedfor you a long time ago to lose weight...why the heck would u try to change it in the first place?". Lol I guess thats a good point. Maybe cuz I assumed it only worked cuz I was a 100 lbs heavier then? Who knows. I guess we will see how I feel etc next Sun
Sounds like good food choices!! Kudos to dh for being supportive!, mine doesn't agree with LC. But he's from a third world country where they NEED carbs to stay alive, and only rich ppl are fat.... Yet another reason why I want to lose this weight while we are apart, so I can prove to him that it DOES work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Those are great options, but watch out for the fajitas. I used to work in a Mexican restaurant and they often use a lot of sugar in those marinades...

FYI, that bacon beef roll is AWESOME!! I put a bit of LC ketchup on it, so about 4 net carbs, plus a nice salad. Mmmmmm . Oh, and it freezes too! I made 2 and froze them before cooking, then just tossed one in the oven tonight.

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-22-2012 at 08:05 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #1507
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Hi everyone - some really great options being brought up. . I had cabbage and onions with a boneless chicken thigh and a piece of steak tonight. Burgers for lunch.

My personal challenge is getting all my college work done while also making sure we are all fed well, house is reasonably clean/neat, and caring for my munchkin who doesn't really nap.

Breakfast for me is often Greek yogurt with a packet of splenda. Sometimes I mix in some pb instead. I have a microwave steamer that I use on veggies for quick nights, or I'll steam them on the stove if I have more time. I also love making up a large salad with either slices of steak or chicken.

I made crestless quiche last week that I make in muffin tin and those are an easy to grab breakfast or snack. Same thing with the cream cheese muffins.

I have a really yummy flax pancake mix that could double as a good bread sub if needed - let me know if anyone is interested.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #1508

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
THRILLED!
People keep telling me to drink Ginger ale for the morning sickness, but I do NOT want the sugar in regular soda and do NOT want the aspartame or splenda in the diets. Thrilled to find out Zevia makes a Ginger Ale! I'll be trying that one in the morning!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:12 AM   #1509

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I drink a lot of diet soda I've cut back since I've been pregnant but it's a bad bad habit
Old 07-23-2012, 06:10 AM   #1510
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
pulled pork fan here too, when DH is home we'll crock up a chunk and eat off that for a few days, that's one of the leftovers he WILL eat. i also forgot how much i like crackslaw, that's another good ground beef dinner. i make mine with sauteed shredded cabbage, burger, shredded cheese, & sour cream. you guys are inspiring me.

hi and to all the new faces!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #1511
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I drink a lot of diet soda, too. I didn't in my first two trimesters, though, because that was actually one of my weird pregnancy symptoms: diet Pepsi, which had been my favorite, was suddenly repulsively disgusting to me! What an easy way to ditch the soda early in my pregnancy

Junk food is done from the weekend (MIL brought me a cake, but luckily, it's not that good!), so back on track first thing today. Happy Monday, all!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:26 AM   #1512

I've never tried crackslaw but ive heard everyone loves it. Might have to put the ingredients on my list for next week
Old 07-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #1513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
THRILLED!
People keep telling me to drink Ginger ale for the morning sickness, but I do NOT want the sugar in regular soda and do NOT want the aspartame or splenda in the diets. Thrilled to find out Zevia makes a Ginger Ale! I'll be trying that one in the morning!
I told you to buy ginger root and put it in water and drink that. That is what I did, it helped some. The point of drinking ginger ail is for the ginger, so...
For those still drinking soda, I would try to make that a priority.
Soda has a sweet taste and will triggger your insulin. Your body does not seperate fake sugar or real sugar, it reacts to the sweet taste.
I am a former soda addict, so I know how hard it is to kick the habit, but if you really value your health, it is worth it.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #1514
Senior LCF Member

So what's this crackslaw all abt? I have a head of cabbage I was gonna do today w onions and kielbasa but maybe I'll try somethin new. I do have some ground beef frozen. Ps... Gmorning!!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I drink a lot of diet soda I've cut back since I've been pregnant but it's a bad bad habit
I gave up all soda after Easter, haven't had any til the ginger ale. Diet Pepsi was my nemisis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I told you to buy ginger root and put it in water and drink that. That is what I did, it helped some. The point of drinking ginger ail is for the ginger, so...
For those still drinking soda, I would try to make that a priority.
Soda has a sweet taste and will triggger your insulin. Your body does not seperate fake sugar or real sugar, it reacts to the sweet taste.
I am a former soda addict, so I know how hard it is to kick the habit, but if you really value your health, it is worth it.
I did buy some ginger root! I'll use that too! The cans of ale are more for on the go!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #1516

I'm down to one diet soda a day or less now that I'm pregnant for the most part. I try not to buy it a lot. I'm drinking a LOT of lemon water lately.

Ok, plan for today
B: deviled eggs, coffee with cream
L: ground beef with cheese and salsa
D: chicken breast with ranch, broccoli
S: cheese, natural pb and protein shake if needed.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:42 AM   #1517

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I'm down to one diet soda a day or less now that I'm pregnant for the most part. I try not to buy it a lot. I'm drinking a LOT of lemon water lately.

Ok, plan for today
B: deviled eggs, coffee with cream
L: ground beef with cheese and salsa
D: chicken breast with ranch, broccoli
S: cheese, natural pb and protein shake if needed.
good choices!
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1518
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
So what's this crackslaw all abt? I have a head of cabbage I was gonna do today w onions and kielbasa but maybe I'll try somethin new. I do have some ground beef frozen. Ps... Gmorning!!
this is how i make it. brown up the burger with some seasoning (i usually do worchestershire sauce and some lawry's montreal steak for flavor). set that aside in a bowl and then sautee the pre-shredded cabbage it in either beef broth or water. let that get all wilty and then drain it. toss it into the bowl with the burger and stir it together. put it all back on the stove to warm it up, add in a few spoonfuls of sour cream and a handful of shredded cheese, stir it together, then serve it in a dish and top with ketchup. another option is to smush in cream cheese into the cooked burger before adding the cabbage.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #1519

I made half a dozen hard boiled eggs last week and ended up only eating one, so not appealing to me right now. I guess I should toss them? It's been over a week. What's the life on hard boiled eggs?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #1520
Senior LCF Member

Im headed out to the store cuz I didnt realize im outta Chia seeds. Im obsessed lol.

Gab... I make a single serving of a flax bread that is just 1 egg and 2 tbsp of flax in the microwave and then toast it under broiler and use PB or cream cheese on it. Is that similar to what your recipe is? I love it but its def very eggy tasting lol

DP... Great menu... I had deviled eggs and a cpl pieces of bacon when I woke up... gonna finish breakfast with a shake when I get home from the store. I guess itll be more of a snack by that time lol

Jilly... way to get right back on track!! How was baby playdate?

Ughh Jax had a bad no sleeping night last night which makes for an extremely long and tiring day for me today. I didnt get in any of my kettlebells workouts yesterday so I am bound and determined to get one in 2day. I really hope he naps atleast twice. If not then I guess Ill have to do it as soon as DH gets home 2nite.

Menu Plan:
B: deviled eggs and bacon, coffee with cream
S: Chia seed shake
L: Chicken coleslaw mix, cheese, deviled eggs
S: PB and celery (if needed)
D: I guess Ill try the crack slaw lol since I was planning on using cabbage 2nite anyways
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #1521
Senior LCF Member

Lol just realized ill be eatin a whole lotta cabbage but oh well.. i love it
Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #1522

Send me your hard boiled eggs! I am on a devil egg kick!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #1523
Senior LCF Member

I actually added a spoonful of roasted red pepper hummos to mine cuz I need to use it up even tho it's not too low carb... And man it made the eggs Delish!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #1524

Oh that sounds good..both the crackslaw and the eggs with hummus. I used a little too much mustard in my eggs but they were still good. And they are gone

Hot today and just came home from the park with the kids.

Who wants to mow my lawn tonight. Being hot and pregnant makes it an awful task!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #1525
Senior LCF Member

Lol that was the good part abt 29... All sand haha. Our grass is like brown and dry here cyz of the heat. Yuck. I cant even walk the baby til like 9p when it gets down to the 80s. Do u guys live on base?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #1526

Yes we do and they mow our front lawn but not the fenced in back and I take the kids out there. I have a sand/water table and sprinkler, etc... It has to be done.

And here too we have to wait until evening to be outside a lot, unless it is only for a short while. We were at the park for 30 minutes at 9am and we were all a sweaty mess. I've had to move my walk to right before bed. I'm not complaining though, I like the heat
Old 07-23-2012, 09:28 AM   #1527

Very hot here too and James hates being hot! So, we spend a lot of time inside this summer.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #1528

We do too. I get to the pool or beach on the weekends and try to get the kids out for at least 30 minutes a day for some exercise. Doesn't always happen though. The kids don't mind to be hot but I sure do
Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #1529

I am lucky, my husband has 6 months paternity leave, so he tkes my older son out to play tennis or golf everday, plus they spend a lot of the day in the pool. I am going to bummed when he goes back to work.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #1530
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies!

I'm down to 167 this morning.. Although that might be due to a nasty stomach virus that has me running to the potty constantly but at least they put me on quarters for the day..

Gonna have some tea to try and calm down my tummy, so no coffee today and I'll see what won't make me queasy. They gave me a list of things to eat to make me feel better: bread, crackers, rice, fruit..... Yeah right.

How is everyone today?
Closed Thread