Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #1471
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Those are all low fat meats...is there no red meat you like?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #1472
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
No... Only bacon and like I said the cuts of stew meat. I can't stand the site or smell of steak
Old 07-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #1473
Senior LCF Member

Well hamburgers I'll eat...
Old 07-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #1474

hmm, do you like mayo? I guess if you got Dukes mayo with no sugar. I used to eat all natural cold cuts or tuna with mayo when I was pregnant.
I actually know how you feel cause when I was pregnant I could not stand most meat and steak was totally out.
I could handle low fat ground beef with cheese and salsa...
I could also eat sausages...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #1475

Maybe some salads with hardboiled egg and bacon, mayo as dressing...
Old 07-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #1476
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: happymommy
Stats: i'm pregnant weighing in at 185/gw: 155 6'
Start Date: July 2012
My dh, ds, and I just got back from a Chinese buffet where i officially stuffed my face. I was starving and gorged on everything low carb i could see, even stooping to peeling off the egg roll wrappers and eating out the insides... I probably had 3 or 4 plates!!!! Now I'm totally stuffed. When we got home, I got stung by a wasp and stepped on glass. It is actually kind of funny when I think about it. I'm typing with a swollen finger and a towel wrapped around my foot and my body is beginning to swell up with all the sodium and msg I've got in my system.

Why do I do these things!!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM   #1477

I cannot fathom what you ate at a chinese buffet that was low carb
Old 07-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #1478
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Maybe some salads with hardboiled egg and bacon, mayo as dressing...
Lol thats actually kinda like what Im having for lunch.. I was at Target getting baby formula so I grabbed a cpl things to hold over til official grocery shopping on Tues: All natural nitrate free angus hot dogs, Dole coleslaw mix, no sugar added organic PB, avocados and my fave Almond Breeze Coconut/almond milk unsweetened. So for lunch I concocted... the coleslaw mix with mayo and sour cream... both full fat. Sprinkled in bacon chunks and left over rotisserie chicken and a packet of spinach dip seasoning. Lol sounds weird but tastes amazing. Then Im topping it with chunks of avocado. I then am making a serving of my flax bread which is just 1 raw egg mixed with 2 tbsp of flax meal and microwaved then toasted. Topping that with some veggie cream cheese

So total menu for the day is:
B: Chia shake made with coconut butter, almond milk and chia seeeds
Coffee with alil heavy cream
HB egg
S: Cheddar cheese and some almonds
L: See above
D: Bubba burger with portobello and cheese in it, deviled eggs and green beans(atleast thats what I have planned so far)

Ill add in celery and PB if I get hungry in between dinner or for a late night snack. I will prolly eat din around 6 before Hubby gets home around 730..so that way we can switch off with the baby. Ill eat while baby naps. Okay guys so how was that for a day of no cal counting? Feedback pls

Quote:
Yeah I havent seen too many choices cuz of all the sauces are full of sugar. Although I do go sometimes and just get the crab legs and one time I found a place that had bacon wrapped chicken chunks.. with no sauce or anything on them
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 PM   #1479
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Hello everyone!

Can I join? I have a 3.5yo girl and a 13mo baby boy, and I'm trying to lose weight before trying for baby number 3. I gained a LOT with dd, then did ok on lc'ing with ds up til the last 10 weeks or so and just was so miserable that I ate everything in sight and ballooned . I'm currently at 168 and would like to get down to the 120's and maintain for a few months before conceiving. I was a plus sized preggo both times and would like this one to be different.

Also, for those of you with small children, how do you LC?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all! Oh, and for I think it Jaxon's mommy that likes brisket- have you tried guys from netrition? Or I have a pretty good recipe, if you'd like it.

-Cat

GOAL: LOSE FIFTY BEFORE I'M THIRTY

Old 07-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #1480

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Welcome cat

It's very hard for me to lc with kids. I run a daycare so I have to serve balanced meals. I usually just eat everything but the carb. For example..fish filet and broccoli and I skip the rice, or if I make quesadillas I'll leave some of the insides out and have those. I do my own breakfast and often make separate dinners.

I'm doing very well today
I guess I would start posting for accountability:
B: coffee with cream, protein shake
L: sausage with ranch, slice of cheese
S: cheese slice
D: ground beef with some salsa and avocado and a little ranch
S: (if needed) protein shake and little natural pb
30 minute walk
Old 07-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #1481
Senior LCF Member

See... that makes me feel like Im eating wayyyy too much compared to what you ate. Lol grr theres no winning. Lol Ill keep eating tho...
Old 07-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #1482

I am easy cause I eat mostly burgers and steak, but I still cook vegetables for my family. Tonight, I am having burgers, dh and older son are having steak and mixed vegetables. I keep the menu simple and I prep things when I can. James is quiet right now, so I made the vegetables and formed my burgers. Then I set the table.
I have made eating healthy a priority, so it gets done. I plan ahead. I ask for help.
I always have devil eggs in the fridge in case I really cannot make a proper lunch.
Jaxsonmom,
Those sound like some pretty good choices. I step in the right direction. I agree with the other poster, focus on your health , not your weight.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:02 PM   #1483
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catrapoin View Post
Hello everyone!

Can I join? I have a 3.5yo girl and a 13mo baby boy, and I'm trying to lose weight before trying for baby number 3. I gained a LOT with dd, then did ok on lc'ing with ds up til the last 10 weeks or so and just was so miserable that I ate everything in sight and ballooned . I'm currently at 168 and would like to get down to the 120's and maintain for a few months before conceiving. I was a plus sized preggo both times and would like this one to be different.

Also, for those of you with small children, how do you LC?

Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you all! Oh, and for I think it Jaxon's mommy that likes brisket- have you tried guys from netrition? Or I have a pretty good recipe, if you'd like it.

-Cat
You and I are at about the same points Im currently at 171 and tryin to get down to about 135 but Ill be happy at 140. Im 5'6" so thats pretty healthy for me. I just had my first child on 6/26 so Im just tryin to get these extra prego lbs off. Umm I have never ordered anything from Netrition. I have browsed but usually can find most stuff around here in stores. Dallas has alotta health food types stores so Im glad for that. I have thoight abt ordering some Dixie Diner stuff just to try but their prices seem steep lol. I have never cooked brisket on my own so I would def love a recipe
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #1484

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
See... that makes me feel like Im eating wayyyy too much compared to what you ate. Lol grr theres no winning. Lol Ill keep eating tho...
I eat lots of big servings! And also remember..at 4'11 I'm a lot smaller than you so my body naturally requires less.

With that said I'm off to boil some eggs! I made devlied eggs once for dh right before he left and haven't since. I love them and don't know why I never make them. Think I'll change my snack tonight to devlied eggs
Old 07-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #1485
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: happymommy
Stats: i'm pregnant weighing in at 185/gw: 155 6'
Start Date: July 2012
Quote:
yeah...well...did I say I've only been doing this for 2 months? Basically if it didn't taste sweet and wasn't breaded I ate it. As I was doing it I was kicking myself. Btw, what is the best low carb choices for eating out?
Old 07-22-2012, 02:18 PM   #1486
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I eat lots of big servings! And also remember..at 4'11 I'm a lot smaller than you so my body naturally requires less.

With that said I'm off to boil some eggs! I made devlied eggs once for dh right before he left and haven't since. I love them and don't know why I never make them. Think I'll change my snack tonight to devlied eggs
my DH loves them too lol. We make them pretty often but I havent had them since before Jax was born... Im excited to eat some later. And yes thats true you are totally different structure...
Old 07-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #1487
Major LCF Poster!

Jaxmom- thanks for the welcome technically for my height I *should* be like 102 or something, but at 29yo and after 2 kids, that's just not gonna happen.. So I'd like to be in the 120's or with 15% body fat, whichever comes first... Imma start posting my menus, and if anything looks good just let me know and I'll post the recipe. I agree with the others that focusing on counting carbs rather than calories is going to be the trick for you. I'm also owing to place a netrition order next payday, so I'll let you know how that goes

DP- we're about the same height!! I totally understand how you feel about deployments, but on the other side of the coin. DD was 6 months when I deployed for 10 months. So I missed about half of her first 2 years of life. I'm getting a do-over now with ds. Plus dh is working over on the east coast now while I'm at training, so it's just me and the kids now. It's tough being a single mom, doing the intensive training, doing military obligations, and finding time to take care of myself, too....

Lori and HappyM- if your ms gets too bad, try bigelow ginger snappish tea. It has no actual tea, but rather ginger and lemongrass. I had ms for 8.5mos with ds, and it was the only thing that eased it. It's not available in stores this time of year, but if you google it, then you can order it online. I'm actually going to order some soon. I love the stuff, and I don't even need to add Splenda too it, it tastes good on its own.

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-22-2012 at 02:40 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #1488
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jaxmom- thanks for the welcome technically for my height I *should* be like 102 or something, but at 29yo and after 2 kids, that's just not gonna happen.. So I'd like to be in the 120's or with 15% body fat, whichever comes first... Imma start posting my menus, and if anything looks good just let me know and I'll post the recipe. I agree with the others that focusing on counting carbs rather than calories is going to be the trick for you. I'm also owing to place a netrition order next payday, so I'll let you know how that goes

DP- we're about the same height!! I totally understand how you feel about deployments, but on the other side of the coin. DD was 6 months when I deployed for 10 months. So I missed about half of her first 2 years of life. I'm getting a do-over now with ds. Plus dh is working over on the east coast now while I'm at training, so it's just me and the kids now. It's tough being a single mom, doing the intensive training, doing military obligations, and finding time to take care of myself, too....

Lori and HappyM- if your ms gets too bad, try bigelow ginger snappish tea. It has no actual tea, but rather ginger and lemongrass. I had ms for 8.5mos with ds, and it was the only thing that eased it. It's not available in stores this time of year, but if you google it, then you can order it online. I'm actually going to order some soon. I love the stuff, and I don't even need to add Splenda too it, it tastes good on its own.
Aww sounds good!! What are u ordering from Netrition? Lol Ill have to order some stuff if yurs is any good. Oh and it looks like were kinda all the same age I turn 29 next month. We waited to have kids cuz we were military too. Hubby was stationed in 29 Palms up until last July. Are u army? Congrats on managing all of that stuff... cuz thats def alot on your plate and like you said.. Im sure with two kids and being a single mom... you and your needs often get put last. Did u say in the previous post tho that your TTC again? I look fwd to seeing yur menus... lol seeing everyones helps give me ideas when I run out of my usual stuff!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:15 PM   #1489
Major LCF Poster!

JM- I have a few things I'd like to order. I'd like to get some Bella vita pasta sauce, I ordered some before and love it. It's a really good tomato sauce and pretty LC too. It's just four bucks a jar.... But I don't use it that often, so it should last a while. Imma try that BBQ sauce this time, The hooters wing sauce, some hazelnut flour, and some liquid Splenda. There are some other things I want, but they can wait. I also found a good website that sells baked goods- LC style- that I want to check out, but it's über expensive. I don't need that stuff right now anyway, so I'll use that order as a reward to myself once I hit a certain weight goal.

I'm actually in the air force . But I'm stationed with all branches right now for training, not too far from 29 palms . I was military before I met dh, so this is our life. I really want another baby, but now is just not the time. We don't have the money, we are on opposite sides of the country, and physically I'm not ready for another one now... DH has basically told me no more babies until I lose the weight. Which sounds harsh, but I had two extremely difficult pregnancies and deliveries along with horrible recoveries. With dd I gained 90lbs, which worsened considerably my risks, and I didn't lose all the weight before ds, so that plus gaining another ton with him made yet another high risk pregnancy. It's a year later and I'm almost down to pre-preggo weight, which is still too big for my height. Now add to that the fact that I'm military... Plus now I'm having health problems (probably sleep apnea- waiting for test results) combined with fibromyalgia and horrible migraines. I've been so weak the past few months, and I'm about to fail a PT test next week....
Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #1490

Thank you for your sacrifices and service cat

Yay another shorty!! I look and feel best at about 107ish so 110 will be my goal after this baby. It's going to take a lot of work to get there!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #1491

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
yeah...well...did I say I've only been doing this for 2 months? Basically if it didn't taste sweet and wasn't breaded I ate it. As I was doing it I was kicking myself. Btw, what is the best low carb choices for eating out?
Steak and veggies! I order a lot of steaks or fish or chicken salads with ranch dressing
Old 07-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #1492
Senior LCF Member

Cat-- man that is tough. I cant even imagine the kinda pain your prolly in. Im glad that your DH is protective of u and yur health tho. Hes def right that itd be unhealthy for u and baby. You sound like u have done an amazing job getting the weight off so far! Has it all been from LC?

PS.. lemme know how the liquid splenda is... been wanting to try that!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #1493
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Thank you for your sacrifices and service cat

Yay another shorty!! I look and feel best at about 107ish so 110 will be my goal after this baby. It's going to take a lot of work to get there!

And thanks for yours! I grew up military, so I know how much family members sacrifice, too... If you need a shoulder during his deployment, I'm here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymommy View Post
What I do a lot of times is order the spinach or artichoke cheese dip, and ask for a buttload of celery instead of chips. The one time I was told they had no celery, I pointed to the table next to me that had buffalo wings and- you guessed it- celery. They immediately brought it to me. Steak, salad bar, pizza toppings scraped off the crust, or a big burger with all the fixins, but no bun. I have reduced sugar ketchup that I'll take with me if need be. If you know where you're going beforehand, find their menu and nutrition info online and decide what you will order BEFORE YOU GET THERE. Makes it much easier to resist. If they bring chips or bread to your table, have your dining companion take what they want and then ask the waiter to take it away. No need for temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Cat-- man that is tough. I cant even imagine the kinda pain your prolly in. Im glad that your DH is protective of u and yur health tho. Hes def right that itd be unhealthy for u and baby. You sound like u have done an amazing job getting the weight off so far! Has it all been from LC?

PS.. lemme know how the liquid splenda is... been wanting to try that!
He's right, but sometimes he can be a pain about it... I know he's frustrated that I can't seem to lose the weight. Which is why I want to lose the weight as quickly as possible and then surprise him with the loss.

Oh, did I mention the new almost daily migraines?

I tried WW for a while but I keep coming back to LC. It just works for me. IF I work it, you know? If I stick to the basics, it works. I dropped a ton while deployed but then all heck broke loose over there and I ended up dropping LC for whatever I had time to eat, and then coming back to the states and all the restaurant choices, and.... Gained almost all of it back. I will be much stricter this time. This is my health I'm fighting for this time!

Oh, and the liquid Splenda is awesome! Just watch how much you put it- it's really concentrated and it's easy to put too much in and ruin your coffee. But over time it saves a ton of carbs, especially in one minute muffins and LC cheesecake and stuff...

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-22-2012 at 03:51 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #1494
Major LCF Poster!

I'm starting a new workout routine soon, mixing p90x, insanity, and some running/jump rope too. Well, if they still let me workout on my own after I fail this test I'm hoping they take into account my medical issues. I *hope* it is all due to sleep apnea, because then I can get the machine and can start feeling better soon. If its not... Then I have no idea what else it could be, and I'll have to start tests all over again. I've already missed so many days of training. Between my appts, my crappy sick days, plus both kids coming down with colds/infections... I can't afford to miss many more.

Last edited by Catrapoin; 07-22-2012 at 03:57 PM..
Old 07-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #1495

I probably out eat all of you. I had two and a half pounds of ground beef today.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:00 PM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I probably out eat all of you. I had two and a half pounds of ground beef today.
Lol if I had it in my house, I'd eat it
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #1497
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
What I do a lot of times is order the spinach or artichoke cheese dip, and ask for a buttload of celery instead of chips. The one time I was told they had no celery, I pointed to the table next to me that had buffalo wings and- you guessed it- celery. They immediately brought it to me. Steak, salad bar, pizza toppings scraped off the crust, or a big burger with all the fixins, but no bun.
Thats exactly what I do at Applebees or places like that lol. They look at me like I weird but it tastes better too! Even DH likes it I am also obsessed with pizza and scraping the toppings off. Lol I know its not prolly the healthiest but i get cravings for it alot! I love it with chicken and all the veggies YUMMMM!!

I dropped a ton while deployed but then all heck broke loose over there and I ended up dropping LC for whatever I had time to eat, and then coming back to the states and all the restaurant choices, and.... Gained almost all of it back. I will be much stricter this time. This is my health I'm fighting for this time!Lol that happened to my DH during both of his deploys. He would get so cut up and then come home and go overboard..especially at the holidays. Poor guy. He currently has 15 more lbs to go to be back at his happy weight

Quote:
If it was brisket..I could do it easily. Lol all the BBQ places here are by the lb so we always get atleast a lb or lb and 1/2 of brisket and then usualy get a lb or pulled pork too. Man I could eat brisket for days haha. Whats your fave way to eat the beef? Like did u eat that all one style today or did u have it in different sittings? Lol hope that makes sense. Different dishes I guess i could say

Im all prepared for 2mrw... got deviled eggs made (hopefully there will be some left..DH just got home so were abt to eat dinner), have the left overs of the coleslaw chicken stuff, have some bacon made, and pre cut all the rest of the produce I had..and put it in containers for easy access Now to just maybe plan out my week so that way I can better grocery shop on Tues Def must stock up on meat!! Cant decide if I should have just a burger 2nite or have a hot dog with it. Hmmmm
Old 07-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #1498

I could eat southern pulled pork until I exploded! I go through phases of eating a certain food, right now it is burgers on the grill. I usually change the cheese though, tonight was swiss, yesterday was brie.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #1499

I made the deviled eggs and decided that's what was for dinner! Yum! Also got in a 35 minute brisk walk. I'll do my weights tomorrow morning.

My dh always comes back from deployment about 15 pounds lighter and pretty lean with nice definition. Like you guys he always gains it right back when he has real food. He said he had to buy new pants though a bit ago. He's already pretty cut up because of his job but they have a lot of time to throw weights around at night. I told him I've taken in every pound he's lost
We both vowed to keep working out when he gets home though.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #1500
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I could eat southern pulled pork until I exploded! I go through phases of eating a certain food, right now it is burgers on the grill. I usually change the cheese though, tonight was swiss, yesterday was brie.
That sounds yummy!! Lol I decided to go with a burger and the hot dog... glad I did cuz the hot dog was super good. It was a new Oscar Meyer Angus no nitrate and was only $2.99 from Target! I skipped the avocado earlier and was gonna have it with the burger but decided to just do the eggs, burger and hot dog with some celery. If im hungry later..might make the cheese french toast that Jilly talked abt earlier for DH and I for dessert. I just explained to him that I talke dto u ladies abt my dilemma and that starting 2day I decided to not track cals and he looks at me and goes "Umm so if it workedfor you a long time ago to lose weight...why the heck would u try to change it in the first place?". Lol I guess thats a good point. Maybe cuz I assumed it only worked cuz I was a 100 lbs heavier then? Who knows. I guess we will see how I feel etc next Sun
Closed Thread