Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2012, 10:32 AM   #1441
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
But on a typical day Suzanne... I eat either some kinda protein bar/atkins bar or lately I have been having a chia seed smoothie for breakfast. Sometimes Ill have egg whites with bacon

Snack is cottage cheese or cheese or hard boiled egg something along those lines.

Lunch it all depends on what Im cooking. Some kind of protein and a veggie and sometimes pork rinds..but just one serving size...i dont go over board. For example today... I will prolly do eggs and bacon cuz I dont have any meat already cooked but I do have chicken breasts cooking in the crockpot for dinner 2nite.

Dinner.. again depends on what I already have cooked and what the baby is doing. Sometimes its a shake if i didnt have one for breakfast, sometimes its a bar if my hubby isnt home to help with baby. If not then its some kinda protein.. usually chicken and then veggies and prolly cheese or something. Last night I had some pieces of rotisserie chicken with no skin and steamed broccoli with a tbsp of crumbled bacon and some shredded cheddar cheese on it. Oh and a hard boiled egg
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2012, 11:17 AM   #1442
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
OK, this is simple. Cut out the bars and shakes. Keep a lot of hard boiled eggs on hand. Keep cooked ground beef or chicken in the fridge, things you can eat when alone. I am often alone and still can find 5 minutes to make some ground beef. Often it means I eat at 4 or 6 , not when I am hungry. I eat when James gives me a chance!
The better you eat, the better you will feel.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #1443
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
suzanne, i just noticed the baby butt in you avatar. cute.

i agree with the HB eggs. eggs and string cheese were my go-to snack. egglands' makes a bag of HB eggs so you don't even have to bother with cooking/peeling them. When i was hardcore low-carbing, i ate eggs all the time! devilled eggs or split in half and a dab of mayo and i'm set. or i'd mix up with tuna and put on low-carb toast and a slice of cheese. depending on how much fat you want to take in and if you're a willing participant to drinking raw egg, you can run a search for egg cream shakes on this website. you'll find lots of variations, usually involving cream cheese or SF whip or heavy whipping cream or such. i hate to read how down you are about your body, i wish you lots of luck! just know you're doing your body good by any amount of exercise you put in.

Last edited by KQT; 07-21-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Old 07-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #1444

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
So here's my question, when you get back down to 130s what will you eat to maintain, 800 calories? Caloric intake has to increase as you get smaller. Who is telling you that at 170 pounds you are eating enough? I think even online trackers will have you eating more.
Old 07-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #1445
Senior LCF Member

Ive seen the HB egg bags at Costco.. lol it kinda creeps me out cuz how can they stay fresh? Do they taste okay? Secondly... I can see cutting out the bars cuz theyre high in fat and fillers. But the shake has only natural ingredients. Chia seeds which have no carbs, i use either organic coconut butter which is just pure coconut meat...or I use fresh ground peanut butter. Either way I only use 1 tbsp so not alotta cals or fat. Then I use ice and unsweetened almond milk. So all of those are natural ingredients unless i add a splash of Torani syrups. So Im pretty sure that is not effecting the no loss... I could be wrong but idk.

Umm I can def do the bulk cooking of the chicken etc. Im kinda doing that 2day with the ones in the crockpot. I am not a huge fan of ground beef. The texture is gross to me and I dont really like the taste. I usually use ground chicken or turkey instead. But I get what your saying. I just hate the fact of eating the same crap over and over again.. eggs, chunks of meat and cheese. It doesnt really motivate me to want to cook cuz it takes the fun out of everything. Dont get me wrong.. I usually enjoy eatinglow carb but not just snacking on chunks of meat. Does that make sense?
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #1446

Yes, it makes a lot of sense. What do you like to eat? You have to enjoy your food or it will never work.
Old 07-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #1447

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Yes, it makes a lot of sense. What do you like to eat? You have to enjoy your food or it will never work.
Agree! Have you ever looked at Linda sues recipes?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #1448
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Welcome Taryl!

Jilly, Ben is adorable!

Jaxonsmomma- Hormones are still playing a major role in how your body responds to things. Just keep it up, you'll lose it. I know how frustrating it can be to do everything right, yet not see that number budge on the scale. I've been there many, many times.

Still on track and feeling great! I'm down 9 pounds now.
Yesterday's menu:

B-Chocolate/cottage cheese shake
L- Low carb burger from Carl's Jr.
S-beef jerky, cheese
D-hamburger w/ onions and cheese, cucumber
S-pistachios, beef jerky

Today's menu:
B- LC cream cheese sausage gravy
S- cheese, peppers
D- not sure yet

Shana
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1449
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
When I eat low carb and do well losing weight, I don't count calories at all. Maybe you could try that; you'll know you're eating healthy by avoiding most grains and junk, but maybe not make weight loss your primary focus - focus on being healthy. That will also allow you to eat more fat, which it looks to me like you might be on the low side of. Fat is NOT bad for you at all when you're eating low in carbs, which a lot of people misunderstand because fat has been demonized for so long, but it's a diet high in fat AND carbs that is dangerous and unhealthy.

I also recommend getting rid of your scale. Stop weighing yourself. Judge your health by how you feel and not by some number on a scale. Give it to your husband and have him hide it somewhere or get rid of it completely.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 PM   #1450
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: happymommy
Stats: i'm pregnant weighing in at 185/gw: 155 6'
Start Date: July 2012
hello!

hey everyone!...i'm new here and have been low carbing for about 2 months now. I'm 36 weeks pregnant, have gained 20 pounds and have maintained that gain for the last two months. I was 10 pounds over goal weight when I got pregnant so I'd like to keep weight gain as minimal as possible for the last stretch. I'm definitely carb sensitive. Whenever I eat carbs I crave crave crave and get depressed and start bingeing. For a while, before I got pregnant, I was border line bulimic. It was horrible. And that was just after having my first baby. I could hardly enjoy motherhood even though I desperately wanted to be a fun mom (hence my username), not one sitting on the floor in front of the fridge eating everything in sight and crying uncontrollably! Now I have a bad yeast infection and I am slowly learning how to regulate the symptoms and my cravings and mood with diet. Since low carbing I feel much better emotionally, but the slightest high carb food (fruit, grains, sweets) puts me right back where I started. It sucks.

I've been reading this thread and have gotten a lot of motivation from you other moms. Do any of you have advice for my diet? Here's what I ate today:

breakfast-big omelette with bacon, eggs, and cheese
mid afternoon meal-small salad with chicken and avacado at taco bell, diet coke
dinner-green smoothie with almond milk, ice, pnut butter, cocoa powder, spinach, coconut oil, and stevia (I added up the carbs: net carb total-6)
Plus lots of water with apple cider vinegar added. I heard acv is good for yeast infections.

This is actually less carbs than I normally eat. I'm slowly reducing fruit, high carb veggies, and nut butters from my diet. They don't help!

Glad to be on here!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #1451

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
When I eat low carb and do well losing weight, I don't count calories at all. Maybe you could try that; you'll know you're eating healthy by avoiding most grains and junk, but maybe not make weight loss your primary focus - focus on being healthy. That will also allow you to eat more fat, which it looks to me like you might be on the low side of. Fat is NOT bad for you at all when you're eating low in carbs, which a lot of people misunderstand because fat has been demonized for so long, but it's a diet high in fat AND carbs that is dangerous and unhealthy.

I also recommend getting rid of your scale. Stop weighing yourself. Judge your health by how you feel and not by some number on a scale. Give it to your husband and have him hide it somewhere or get rid of it completely.
This is a great post! When I started lc I totally lacked fats. When I added them in I started losing faster

Also, another thing, your body changes after having a baby. You are going to look different at a lower weight than you did before the baby...at least that was the case for me.

Ditching the scale is a good idea. Go by your clothes

Welcome happy mommy no advice as I'm trying to lc and manage cravings myself. It sounds like with only a few weeks to go you are doing awesome
Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #1452
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
This is a great post! When I started lc I totally lacked fats. When I added them in I started losing faster

Also, another thing, your body changes after having a baby. You are going to look different at a lower weight than you did before the baby...at least that was the case for me.

Ditching the scale is a good idea. Go by your clothes

Welcome happy mommy no advice as I'm trying to lc and manage cravings myself. It sounds like with only a few weeks to go you are doing awesome
What fats did you add in? I do have them in the form of nuts and nut butters and Ilike avocados but havent bought any in the past week. What other ones do you do? My friend actually sent me a link to a 12 wk program that is free and focuses on strength training 4-5 days a week and then follows a diet plan that is clean eating with mostly low carbs or more healthy carbs and then lotsa protein, good fat and all that. As the weeks go on..the workouts get more intense which requires more calories etc. It does not say the cals but Im sure its more than the 1300 I have been eating. I may give this a shot and see what happens. I have to make some kind of change and I just feel like what Im doing now isnt working for me
Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #1453
Senior LCF Member

Oh and I hope that didnt come off snippy or anything.. I genuinely need ideas for good fats cuz I dont wanna get them all from nuts cuz that leads to binges for me. Esp with PB lol
Old 07-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #1454

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies!

Sorry for the drive by....I spent the last 24hrs in Chicago for an exam I was taking as part of my target agreement at work. I am happy to be home with my boys.

to Jilly!

Arctic Mom!

to everyone else! I will catch up tomorrow, I promise!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #1455
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
What fats did you add in?
When you're low in carbs, even saturated fat is NOT unhealthy. Eat the whole eggs at breakfast, not the whites - the yolks contain not only the fat, but also all the nutrients that make eggs good for you! I eat chicken thighs instead of breasts - they're cheaper, and there is no need to stick to white meat or lean cuts as long as I'm low in carbs (I know some people have a preference for white meat, but I personally find chicken tastes like chicken, and the thighs stay nice and moist, whereas I've had trouble with dry chicken breast). I don't spend the extra money on lean ground meats - I buy 80/20 or even 70/30 if they have it.

I cook with butter and oil a lot. That's where I spend my money: good oils. I have macadamia nut oil, almond oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, MCT oil...I never buy "vegetable oil" or canola oil anymore and almost never use olive oil (since I read about how a lot of what is labeled as olive oil actually isn't). When I make veggies, I always cook them in some kind of oil or butter and seasoning or add a cheese sauce (well, a bunch of melted cheese, anyway - I skip a lot of sauces because they contain crappy/carby thickners).

Honestly, when I was last tracking my food intake (before I got pregnant), I was losing weight and doing well when at least 65% of my calories came from fat and 10% or less from carbs. And I still had very healthy cholesterol levels at the time (that's usually one of the first things people ask me about when I say I eat high in fat).
Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 AM   #1456
Senior LCF Member

Hmm I guess I can try that. The eggs I can for sure do... Dark meat I can't stomach tho. I hate the taste and the greasiness of it. Lol that's just me tho. I've never liked it. As far as ground meat... I'll eat it in a burger or sometimes if it's mixed in like spaghetti sauce or meatloaf but I hate the taste and texture of that too. Lol I'm a pain in the butt... I know. I really love avocado so I can try doing that more even if it's just in salad. I also can use butter and more salad dressing. I usually skimp on both. I think maybe my problem is that I focus too much on the cals cuz of tracking everything. Perhaps I need to stop tracking for 1 wk and weigh in at beginning and a wk later and see if that helps? I suppose I could start today since its Sun I could still track my meals on here . I remember that when I was really heavy and I was losing all my weight... I didn't track cals just carbs and I was good. So let's see if it works. Il gonna stay positive for Atleast this one more attempt lol. Do u guys think I should ditch the bars this wk then? I have a few Atkins ones left.... Ty all for your support and sorry for my crabbiness. I just wanna feel back to the old me!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #1457
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Do u guys think I should ditch the bars this wk then? I have a few Atkins ones left.... Ty all for your support and sorry for my crabbiness. I just wanna feel back to the old me!
Deep breath - the "old you" may have changed a bit. Pregnancy hormones and physical changes put us through a lot. Even though I had a super easy pregnancy and a super easy delivery and didn't gain too much weight while pregnant, I have gained too much weight AFTER having my baby! And my body seems a little more stubborn about letting it go now. Jut remember that those few extra pounds, the stretch marks, whatever physical changes you may see in yourself...it's all worth it when you look into the face of your precious newborn I would gladly keep the weight I've gained plus some as long as I'm healthy and Ben is healthy. You don't have to be a certain number on the scale or size of jeans to be healthy

Anyway...I use the Atkins bars to get myself back on track, but then I wean myself off of them once I've been good about low carbing for a few weeks. I've read more than once that the "glycerin" they use and subtract from total carbs to get net carbs is not metabolized as long as you have glycogen stores, but once your glycogen stores are depleted (which is what happens with low-carbing to get you into ketosis), the glycerin is actually converted into glucose in the liver. So, the glycerin could atually be keeping you out of ketosis, assuming that is your goal. So, basically, the "net carbs" on the Atkins bar wrapper only applies if you're not already low-carbing. It's a super evil marketing ploy. But, what do you expect when the same company that owns Atkins also owns Cinnabon?
Old 07-22-2012, 05:21 AM   #1458

I think it may be a good idea to not track for a bit and see what happens. Perhaps you can go tot he Atkins site and find some more fats that you'd like. When I'm lc I eat a lot of coconut oil and ranch dressing. Also, full fat cheeses help my fat intake. You got this!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #1459
KQT

jxns momma, i was inspired to buy the HB eggs and string cheese yesterday, so today's lunch will be a caesar salad w/hb eggs. the sugar alcohols in the bars have "effects" on me so i try to stay away from those, i have 2 boxes I bought pre-prego and still haven't touched them. and i love avocado, i eat them raw. usually when it comes to adding in fats, i'd consider mayo or salad dressings or veggie dip as an adequate resource.

i am proud of your efforts to get your body back. somedays i feel like i'm going to an exercise conqueror when i'm done being prego, and other days i am afraid i'll never get back to where i was.

an old man at the coffeeshop told me this morning i was getting big. now, i see him every sunday morning so he can obviously see the growth happening. but still - it wasn't nice to hear, or at least i didn't take it as nice. i got on a new shirt, i felt like i looked really cute today, baby was kicking me so i was happy, and then he said that and i felt really ugly. i am afraid i'm going to be as big as a planet by the end of this. i'm already short so i literally look like a teacup.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #1460
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Deep breath - the "old you" may have changed a bit. Pregnancy hormones and physical changes put us through a lot. Even though I had a super easy pregnancy and a super easy delivery and didn't gain too much weight while pregnant, I have gained too much weight AFTER having my baby! And my body seems a little more stubborn about letting it go now. Jut remember that those few extra pounds, the stretch marks, whatever physical changes you may see in yourself...it's all worth it when you look into the face of your precious newborn I would gladly keep the weight I've gained plus some as long as I'm healthy and Ben is healthy. You don't have to be a certain number on the scale or size of jeans to be healthy

Anyway...I use the Atkins bars to get myself back on track, but then I wean myself off of them once I've been good about low carbing for a few weeks. I've read more than once that the "glycerin" they use and subtract from total carbs to get net carbs is not metabolized as long as you have glycogen stores, but once your glycogen stores are depleted (which is what happens with low-carbing to get you into ketosis), the glycerin is actually converted into glucose in the liver. So, the glycerin could atually be keeping you out of ketosis, assuming that is your goal. So, basically, the "net carbs" on the Atkins bar wrapper only applies if you're not already low-carbing. It's a super evil marketing ploy. But, what do you expect when the same company that owns Atkins also owns Cinnabon?
Ohhh man I did not know that abt the glycerin or abt Cinnabon. What the heck?? Lol. That makes me mad lol. I will try to stay away from them cuz theyre crap anyways. Ill keep them around just for in a pinch but I should be aiming more 2wards natural foods anyways

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I think it may be a good idea to not track for a bit and see what happens. Perhaps you can go tot he Atkins site and find some more fats that you'd like. When I'm lc I eat a lot of coconut oil and ranch dressing. Also, full fat cheeses help my fat intake. You got this!
DP.. what do u use the coconut oil for.. to cook? I have some in my cupboard and havent used it much lol guess I have no excuse now. I do love Ranch and Blue Cheese dressings.. guess I need to eat more salad and celery sticks etc I have been slacking on the produce lately. Tues is grocery shopping day so Imma revamp my fridge! We def always have cheese tho.. i love it and so does hubby. Right now we have Queso Fresco (which i fry in olive oil and dip in a smidge of marinara sauce and it tastes just like mozzarella sticks), cheddar, colby, cottage, ricotta and mozzarella lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
jxns momma, i was inspired to buy the HB eggs and string cheese yesterday, so today's lunch will be a caesar salad w/hb eggs. the sugar alcohols in the bars have "effects" on me so i try to stay away from those, i have 2 boxes I bought pre-prego and still haven't touched them. and i love avocado, i eat them raw. usually when it comes to adding in fats, i'd consider mayo or salad dressings or veggie dip as an adequate resource.

i am proud of your efforts to get your body back. somedays i feel like i'm going to an exercise conqueror when i'm done being prego, and other days i am afraid i'll never get back to where i was.

an old man at the coffeeshop told me this morning i was getting big. now, i see him every sunday morning so he can obviously see the growth happening. but still - it wasn't nice to hear, or at least i didn't take it as nice. i got on a new shirt, i felt like i looked really cute today, baby was kicking me so i was happy, and then he said that and i felt really ugly. i am afraid i'm going to be as big as a planet by the end of this. i'm already short so i literally look like a teacup.
Did u get the preboiled eggs? Do they taste weird or rubbery? Im gonna check them out on Tues when I go grocery shopping. And as far as the old man.. I think old ppl sometimes dont get how they come off. He prolly thought he was being nice and saying how your coming along in your pregnancy but doesnt realize how sensitive us women are esp during pregnancy. Some of my older patients were like that. Ughh just gotta grin and bare it Try not to let it ruin yur day hun
Old 07-22-2012, 06:14 AM   #1461
Senior LCF Member

For my belatd birthday dinner (since I Was tired Friday night, so we stayed in), we're going to PF Chang's today And then i have a "playdate" at my friend's house. There won't be much playing since they're so young, but it will be fun anyway. It will be me and Ben, my friend and her baby MAdison (who was born 1 week after Ben), and three of her other friends with a 14-month old and 2 babies born after ours, so mostly will just be babies laying around :P

JaxonsMomma - I LOVE Queso Fresco (or queso blanco)! I like it, like you said, fried and dipped in marinara, or I fry it in butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and dip in sugar free pancake syrup, and it actually tastes a lot like french toast!

I have had the hard boiled eggs by Eggland's Best. They come 6 in a bag. I've used them for egg salad and deviled eggs and never noticed any kind of funky smell or texture - they're great and super convenient! I hate peeling hard boiled eggs, so they've made my life much easier. I can't find them at all grocery stores around here, but Wegmans carries them, so I grab some when I'm there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Aww...I am 1000% positive he didn't mean for it to be offensive in any way! It's really hard for those of us who have struggled with weight to go through these 9 months where you are EXPECTED to get bigger. It's a huge mind game and struggle. You're pregnant - you're SUPPOSED to be getting bigger! He sure wasn't saying you were getting fat You probably DO look super cute in your new shirt - maybe it accentuates your baby belly, so that's why he noticed. When you're pregnant, people commenting on you "getting big" is intended to be a compliment or to strike up conversation about your pregnancy. It's going to keep happening as you progress, so try to keep that in mind!

Last edited by jillybean720; 07-22-2012 at 06:19 AM..
Old 07-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #1462
Senior LCF Member

Ohh man I have never tried the "french toast" lol looks liek I know what Ill be havin later And Happy Belated Bday!! Have fun at the playdate
Old 07-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #1463
KQT

thanks girls, i needed the boost. jilly, you totally hit it on the nose! i can't help how large i become with a baby inside me, but having struggled with my weight before it can be hurtful to hear because it's the opposite of what you'd ever want to hear, probably why i was so sensitive. i just keep thinking to myself he didn't mean it rudely and he's probably going about his day not even thinking twice about his comment, so i just gotta let it go.

i love queso fresco too - will have to try that sometime with the marinade.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #1464
Senior LCF Member

Question for everyone.. for my shopping trip on Tuesday... what are your Go to staples for snacks or just that you always have on hand for your fridge and pantry? My biggest thing is snack stuff I seem to never know what to eat. But right now this is whats on my shopping list: HB eggs, lunch meat, ground chicken or turkey, salad, fresh ground PB, green peppers, green beans.... I already have plenty of cheese, some olives, flaxseed, celery, salad dressings...
Old 07-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #1465

I use my CO to cook my eggs in, and I love coconut bark! Mix some unsweetened cocoa, pleanda or stevia and the co and freeze. It's a great treat

Do you like sausage? I can eat the stuff for every meal!!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #1466
Senior LCF Member

Ohh what are the measurements for the bark?? I so wanna try that!! And yes I like breakfast and summer sausage but not really Italian sausage lol
Old 07-22-2012, 10:32 AM   #1467

1 tbsp each and sweeten to taste
Old 07-22-2012, 10:36 AM   #1468

I eat a lot more fat than you guys, Last night my steak had several pieces of all white fat. I buy the highest fat ground beef. The best source of fat is animal fat. There must be some meat you enjoy eating?
As for eggs, they are also another great choice, we always have devil eggs in the fridge.
I also keep cold chicken in there.
Lunch -deli meats are not great, but better than cake. How about some all natural bacon with no sugar?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #1469
Senior LCF Member

I always have organic well no nitrate applegate bacon in the house lunch meats i don't usually eat but we have them in the house cuz hubby eats them. The main meat I eat is chicken, lean turkey and white meat pork... Like pork chops or pork loin roast. I will eat some cuts of meat like chuck roast or whatever stew meat and roasts are made out of lol and brisket... Yum love Texas BBQ brisket w no sauce
Old 07-22-2012, 10:40 AM   #1470
Senior LCF Member

Ps... I LOATHE steak. Lol I'm unAmerican according to my dad
Closed Thread