Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 PM   #1411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Bummer DP Hopefully 2mrw he has a better day.

I have come to the realization that I am prolly gonna have to hire a maid again. Our house is a wreck. We have a 4 bdr, 2.5 bath house that isnt usually super dirty but it just seems impossible to keep up with right now. Yes, Im home every day but its a rarity for me to get to put Jax down for enough time to make some food, do some laundry or heaven for bid get in a quick nap. Our bathrooms need cleaned, the kitchen floor needs scrubbed by hand. I just cants tand being in a dirty house but I cant get the time to do it. Hubby works so much that I dont really think its fair to make him help clean on his only days off. Esp when he has stuff he needs to get done too. Plus he does the yard work etc. Maybe once the baby gets older.. this will get easier and he'll be able to adjust and Ill get a min to myself. But right now my sanity is going out the window lol and the last thing I wanna do is clean Ughh sorry just needed to vent!
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #1412
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Arctic_Mama
Stats: 257/145.8/140
WOE: Atkins 2002/Protocol
Start Date: Began losing 10/08. Working off last 20 lbs.
Hey Jaxson'sMomma, I'm a lurker but I may have some advice you might find helpful?

Rather than getting overwhelmed with the cleaning (I know how easy that can be!) considering setting a cleaning schedule? I set aside half an hour each day to do one part of the house (baking on Monday, mopping/sweeping Tuesday, clean guest bathrooms Wednesday, vacuum/dust Thursday, clean my bathroom Friday, big projects like spring cleaning or moving kids clothes into and out of storage on Saturdays, etc).

Additionally, I do about fifteen minutes of laundry folding each day.

By scheduling in this little time block (I'm a homeschooling mama with three kids five and under and another on the way, I get the busyness!) I manage to keep my home continually presentable or at least sanitary, and then missing a week or taking a break isn't a big deal because everything is gone over regularly. It also never gets overwhelming because it is such a small sliver of time each day. Tell me to clean my whole house and I might cry, but have me do a small chore per day in addition to schooling and meal prep and all the sudden it is much more doable.

I hope this might be a helpful idea to you? Be gentle with yourself, too, generally the first three to six months postpartum are just weird and rough. Do the best you can and do NOT let yourself go nuts.

Big hugs

On a pregnancy break with baby #5 until January 2015
Old 07-19-2012, 05:51 PM   #1413
Major LCF Poster!

By the way ladies, I may join you on this chat thread since I'm on a bit of a weight loss hiatus?

My names Taryl and I'm a 26 year old mommy in Alaska. I'm due in March with my fourth baby and quite excited for another one! I usually haunt the main lobby and hCG board, and am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

So... Hello!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #1414
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I understand how you feel Jax! With 6 kids here daily and no dh to help I often feel overwhelmed. If I could afford someone to clean I so would! I like artics schedule, that's a great idea. I don't follow a schedule but I do make sure to spend some time each day doing some small chore. Gve your baby something to occupy himself for 15 minutes and start someplace! You can do it
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #1415
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
Thank you! I've got gluten free crackers, I figure thats better then the regular stuff. Thinking about getting ginger ale, but torn. 1. I gave up soda over 3 months ago and am afraid I'll get sucked back in. 2. Diet or regular? I need to watch my sugar but also want to avoid aspartame and splenda at all cost! YIKES.
Cucumber is gentle on the stomach, as are the winter and summer squashes. Unfortunately rice and soy sauce is about the easiest thing for me to eat when I'm feeling nauseous, and it definitely isn't low carb! So far whenever I've been feeling icky I've been able to eat meat or nuts and it subsides. But that isn't always the case, it just depends on your body.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #1416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Hi all.
Update....
O2 has been dropped to 2Liters per nasal canula at 21%. He started getting feeds down his NG tube. First was 9cc every 3 hours then today bumped it up to 18cc every 3 hour 4 times then they will double it again.
He is able to suck on a passie while they "feed" him. He can;t keep it in his mouth, keeps falling out. So my and Hubby took turns holding it in for him. The greatest feeling was when he was nursing on that passie and I could feel it through my fingertip and he was holding my finger with his hand.
He gets off the billi lights tonight at 6pm. Hope he can stay out from under them.
He has got to be off O2
Nurse on his own
all lab work normal
before we can go home.

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:35 PM   #1417
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Mama View Post
Hey Jaxson'sMomma, I'm a lurker but I may have some advice you might find helpful?

Rather than getting overwhelmed with the cleaning (I know how easy that can be!) considering setting a cleaning schedule? I set aside half an hour each day to do one part of the house (baking on Monday, mopping/sweeping Tuesday, clean guest bathrooms Wednesday, vacuum/dust Thursday, clean my bathroom Friday, big projects like spring cleaning or moving kids clothes into and out of storage on Saturdays, etc).

Additionally, I do about fifteen minutes of laundry folding each day.

By scheduling in this little time block (I'm a homeschooling mama with three kids five and under and another on the way, I get the busyness!) I manage to keep my home continually presentable or at least sanitary, and then missing a week or taking a break isn't a big deal because everything is gone over regularly. It also never gets overwhelming because it is such a small sliver of time each day. Tell me to clean my whole house and I might cry, but have me do a small chore per day in addition to schooling and meal prep and all the sudden it is much more doable.

I hope this might be a helpful idea to you? Be gentle with yourself, too, generally the first three to six months postpartum are just weird and rough. Do the best you can and do NOT let yourself go nuts.

Big hugs
Aww ty.. that does seem alot easier to focus on.. instead of the big picture. I think I will try that. Lol hubby is to the point that he doesnt care what we end up doing..as long as its less stress or arguing etc on the both of us. I feel bad cuz I have been pretty crabby lately just cuz its been a big adjustment. Not that I thought that itd ever be easy.. but just didnt expect the colic and belly issues. I guess I kinda get jealous of Hubby cuz he gets to take time away each day and go to work and kinda have an escape. Not that I wanna be away from him.. I love my son to death, but sometimes a break is nice. I could go back to work but it just doesnt make sense to us.

Quote:
By the way ladies, I may join you on this chat thread since I'm on a bit of a weight loss hiatus?

My names Taryl and I'm a 26 year old mommy in Alaska. I'm due in March with my fourth baby and quite excited for another one! I usually haunt the main lobby and hCG board, and am looking forward to getting to know all of you.

So... Hello!
Congrats on Baby #4! When are you due? This is my first lol as u can tell Welcome and I would love to hear abt HCG cuz I know nothing abt it and different diets/lifestyles always interest me. I am just tryin to lose the 30 lbs I put on during pregnancy and its driving me nuts. Esp when I bust my butt and hubby does half of what I do and continues to lose the last few lbs he wanted. GRRR. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
Hi all.
Update....
O2 has been dropped to 2Liters per nasal canula at 21%. He started getting feeds down his NG tube. First was 9cc every 3 hours then today bumped it up to 18cc every 3 hour 4 times then they will double it again.
He is able to suck on a passie while they "feed" him. He can;t keep it in his mouth, keeps falling out. So my and Hubby took turns holding it in for him. The greatest feeling was when he was nursing on that passie and I could feel it through my fingertip and he was holding my finger with his hand.
He gets off the billi lights tonight at 6pm. Hope he can stay out from under them.
He has got to be off O2
Nurse on his own
all lab work normal
before we can go home.
Aww that is awesome that you got to feel him sucking. It brought a smile to my face readin this. He is getting stronger each day!! He'll be home before ya know it!!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #1418
Senior LCF Member

IMG_3054.jpg

Lol this is Jaxon today. I made him some new paci clips... lol they didnt have too many boy type ribbon choices. So I made Grinch (lol for my crabby lil man), a Linus from the Peanuts with his blankie and this green and white damask style design. I am gonna make some skull ones lol and prolly MARPAT(USMC) ones once I get more time and ribbon. This pic cracks me up cuz A) all his other mittens that could have matched this...were dirty and B) He should be 8 lbs now but for some reason all his shorts are still so big on him. Lol oh well
Old 07-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #1419
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Hey all - so tired so not much of a post but I did want to pop in and say that peppermint helped me in my first trimester - either in tea or even as a chapstick. I found that cheese helped settle my stomach as well.

Love the paci ribbons! Sam wouldn't (still won't) ever take a pacifier.

Lizzy - hoping Asher does well! It sounds like he is getting stronger every second!

Catch up again with you all tomorrow
Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #1420

So cute Jax! My sons shorts never ft right either! But they look cute
As for needing a break..don't feel bad about that, and TAKE ONE!! I mean it. I know you love him and want to be with him but you will be better for him when you do things for yourself.

It sounds like little Asher is a trooper! Praying for him

Morning everyone. I'm really down the last few days. Wish I could just lay around and do nothing today but of course I have a longer day than usual
Old 07-20-2012, 04:48 AM   #1421
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Dp - sounds like you have the post family visit blues. I get them all the time after my friends/family visit and it is going to be a long time until I get to see them again. What makes today so long?

I have my last full day of college course for the week today. I haven't been pumping during the day because we just have not had any long enough breaks and privacy.

It's been nice to be out with others and be away for a bit from Sam. We have been so busy each day that it doesn't feel like we are apart for too long. Knowing he loves spending time with his grandparents and father helps too. I admit it was nice to have DH get to spend a whole day or two with Sam without me so he could get a feel for my world (and me his). Speaking of.....I need to wake Sam so he can eat before I head out.

Have a great Friday everyone.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 AM   #1422

Yes I sure do gab! My mom and her bf come at the end of August so I don't have too long, but after that it will probably be almost a year before I get home.

I have an extra kid today who came an hour and a half earlier than I normally open so longer day + extra kid!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 AM   #1423

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Happy to report so far no morning sickness today! YAY! THRILLED BY THAT!

Quote:

So... Hello!
Welcome! I'm due in march as well!
Quote:
Cucumber is gentle on the stomach, as are the winter and summer squashes. Unfortunately rice and soy sauce is about the easiest thing for me to eat when I'm feeling nauseous, and it definitely isn't low carb! So far whenever I've been feeling icky I've been able to eat meat or nuts and it subsides. But that isn't always the case, it just depends on your body.
I'll have to try cucumber! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
Hi all.
Update....
He has got to be off O2
Nurse on his own
all lab work normal
before we can go home.
That's great news! What an amazing feeling!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #1424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Welcome, Arctic Mama! Lots of March babies on this board!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #1425

Doesn't march seem an eternity away!?

I'm impatiently waiting until November when my husband returns from deployment. It seems like it will never come
Old 07-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #1426

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
When you have a baby, you just do what you can and when you can. Somedays, James will sit in his vibrating chair and I get a lot done. Right now, he is sleeping on me and I want to go the thr grocery store. We will go when he wakes up. I make dinner when I can too. If I wait till 5pm, it might not happen. I just cook things that re-heat easily.
And have a sense of humor about it. I never thought it would take three hours to get my groceries done!
Old 07-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #1427
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Wow, I've got some catching up to do here!

Welcome (I see one or two new names/faces)

I was lucky and never really had morning sickness. I had some food aversions that would make me nauseous, but not nauseau for the sake of nausea, if that makes sense; something had to trigger it. And I only actually threw up 2 or 3 times throughout my entire pregnancy (once caused by a meal at Panera, once caused by a stevia-sweetened 0-calorie Sobe drink).

On the topic of house cleaning, I NEVER get to it unless I know we're having company. It just doesn't happen. I work 8-10 hours a day most days, and if I'm in the office, add another 90 minutes for commuting back and forth. I run my dishwasher nearly daily, so when I get home from work after picking Ben up from daycare, I feed my dogs, let them outside, put the dishes away, fill up bottles for Ben for the night, and then spend about an hour with my son before my husband gets home, at which point he watches him while I make dinner. By the time we then eat, clean up, load and start the dishwasher, and do whatever laundry needs to be done, I only have about another 1-2 hours to spend with my son before he goes to bed at 8:30. On weekends, I add in grocery shopping and major home projects (like painting the bathrooms), so normal housecleaning really just doesn't happen. Once we finally get our townhouse rented out, I may look into hiring a cleaning service to come every other week, and also a lawncare service to mow the yard since we also tend to neglect that for way too long between mowings.

In other news, today is my birthday (the big 3-0!), which was a big surprise to Mr. Ben this morning:
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #1428
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
When you have a baby, you just do what you can and when you can. Somedays, James will sit in his vibrating chair and I get a lot done. Right now, he is sleeping on me and I want to go the thr grocery store. We will go when he wakes up.
How do you guys handle grocery shopping with a baby? I once pulled into a parking spot at a grocery store and then just sat there because I couldn't just put Ben in his stroller because then I wouldn't have a cart for the groceries. And if I put his whole seat in the shopping cart, I wouldn't have any room for all the groceries. Last weekend, I took him with me and wore him in a carrier on my chest so I could use a cart, but he so often falls asleep in the carseat that I hate to wake him up to transfer him into the carrier, plus, honestly, it's quite a pain to do in the parking lot. Thank goodness my husband can watch him while I shop - it just means I have to plan my shopping trips around when he's available to watch Ben.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:34 AM   #1429
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post
Welcome, Arctic Mama! Lots of March babies on this board!
I had mine in March of this year! I didn't even know I was pregnant last year until August. At this time last year, I was at Comic-Con in San Diego without a clue in the world I was pregnant! In fact, I was frustrated because I kept spotting a little bit but never got my period, and I wanted my period so I could start tracking my cycles so we could officially start TTC. Little did I know...
Old 07-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #1430

Jilly- car seats fit into the front of carts. The little slats on the seat nestle into the bars where older kids sit. Kind of like they fit in a stroller. Does that make sense? Kyle went and still goes every where with me

And he is SO cute!! Happy birthday to mommy!!! I turn 30 in October
Old 07-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #1431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I would be very careful about putting the car seat in the front of the cart. I read a story recently about how a baby died of head injury because the cart fell over and the baby hit its head. At the very least, if your'e going to put the car seat in like that, at least use the seat belt buckles to secure the car seat tightly. I am too short (5'3") to even see over the car seat if we put it in the cart in the front. I wound up just putting the whole thing in the cart itself and piled groceries around him if DH wasn't with me (and if DH was with me, we use two carts-one for the groceries and one for Brandon). If you use the stroller, they make this hook called "The Mommy Hook" which is super strong and you can clip the basket to the hook which is clipped to the stroller. That still doesn't solve the poblem if you need to buy a huge bundle of paper towels or something like that though. Brandon is old enough now (9 months) and sitting up well enough that I just put him in the seat in the front of the cart (using the seat belts of course and watching him very carefully). But what am I going to do with a newborn and a 1 year old when the time comes? Ugh....I don't think I will be going grocery shopping alone with the boys for a long time!

Jilly-oh my gosh, that picture of Ben is to die for! He is so handsome, so amazingly cute! I love his hair too!!!

Edited to add: Oh, and happy birthday too!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 07-20-2012 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #1432

Never heard of a cart tipping. I did it with Kyle until he could sit enough. It was the only way.
But I'm with you Sharon- with 2 little ones I won't be going anywhere alone
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #1433
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I should also add that my particular car seat (Chicco Key Fit 30 ) does not have the slots in the back that make it fit easily in the front of the cart. I think the Graco car seats do though.

Here's an article about the baby's death. The cart was pushed over a speed bump at Kroger's in Georgia:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...art-Macon.html

The Stir: Baby Death From Shopping Cart Accident Serves as Warning

Last edited by Happycat21; 07-20-2012 at 10:39 AM..
Old 07-20-2012, 10:53 AM   #1434

Holy cow
Yeah my sons seat had the slots on the front and back and actually clicked into the cart.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #1435

i use the baby bjorn for grocery shopping.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #1436

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Feel like I'm too pooped to get much done! I'm gonna have to quit one of my jobs pretty soon. I dunno how I can keep up this pace.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #1437
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Holy cow
Yeah my sons seat had the slots on the front and back and actually clicked into the cart.
Mine has that too.. we have a Graco Snug Ride 30 and it snaps into most shopping carts. Thats what I do... hes too little right now to use the wearable carriers. We have one and a sling but he just kinda bobbles around too much.. Id rather use his carseat until hes alil bigger. Lol he always passes out in the car and then when I move him to the cart, he usually stays sleeping so it makes for peaceful shopping

On another note... I may be taking a hiatus from low carb. I am beyond frustrated and tired of hearing "You just had a baby 3 weeks ago (well now hell be 1 month on the 26th), you cant expect to lose it all". I dont expect that at all. However... when I am busting my butt... eating low carb, working out atleast 3-4 days a week, not eating high calories.. than I should lose a lb a week. Its simple science..cals in vs cals out. I have lost no weight, no inches etc. I am extremely depressed which is carrying over to my marriage and affects my attitude with everything. I also have suffered from an ED since I was about 22/23 and that is now coming back into the picture and I dont want that to be a part of my future with my son. I just want to be happy and healthy and thats not gonna happen at my current weight. I am thinking about going to a nutritionist or some kinda counselor etc to help get me on a plan that will work for me both mentally and physically.

Anyways.. so yeah. If Im not on here much... thats why. I just dont wanna come on here and be negative and affect others etc. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #1438

What are you eating in a typical day, maybe I can help you out...
Old 07-21-2012, 10:16 AM   #1439

Jax- ever thought about post partum depression?

Also, your calories are really low. General rule of thumb for dieting is to eat at 12 x your current body weight. At 170 pounds 1300 is way to low and your body could really be fighting. Just a thought.

Last edited by DisneyPrincess; 07-21-2012 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #1440
Senior LCF Member

I thought Post Partum was more about taking care of the baby and not feeling like a good mom etc. Lol mine is just related to how I look and feel. But i dont know much abt that topic.. the Post Partum i mean.

And I did 1300 cuz thats what I was eating before I was prego and pretty much maintained my 138-140 lbs at which Im comfortable. During my pregnancy I ate about 1700 so thats why I figure that Im eating enough right now. Also when I used an online assessment... they suggest around that too for 1- 1.5 lb a week weight loss. But thats with working out too. So Idk.. ?
Closed Thread