Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #1381
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I took folic acid for my pregnancy and stayed pretty low carb. I ate eggs with cheese and onions. Beef with cheese and onions too. I did have a lot of low carb junk when my nausea was really bad. I loved dried sausages and could always eat deli meat dipped in mayo. I also had a few sweet potatoes or cottage cheese on my puking days.
I just did the best I could, most days I was around 20 carbs. But, did not worry on my higher days.
I think I gained about 40 pounds, but it just fell off after the baby.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #1382

Gallery: pocahontas
Oregon - WTG for staying on plan!

Lori! I stayed LC with my pregnancy but at maintenance levels. I added fruit and the occasional 1/2 cup beans or sweet potato. I didnt really count anything so I was anywhere from 10-75 carbs daily. I just focused on whole foods and plenty of healthy fats. I had a run in with a pizza or burrito a couple of times but it really made me feel yucky and bloated. I only gained 12 lbs and by the time I left the hospital, I weighed less than when I got pg! You sound like me in that you gain very quickly with the addition of carbs so I would tread carefully. Take a good prenatal with at least 800mg of folic acid as well as some fish oils and stay LC as best you can. Good luck!

Last edited by pocahontas; 07-18-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 07-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #1383
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
I agree with Andi... I had days where I did fruit or some low carb cereal..some cheat items but stuff that was still overall healthy The days where I did break down and cheat.. it was frozen yogurt which is atleast stil low in cals lol. Im a slave to that stuff Lol we have the self serve frozen yogurt shops like every 5 miles. DAMN THEM!

WOOOHOOO... Today was my first day back at the gym!! It felt amazing to knock out 55 mins of cardio and I had a great burn. I can unfortunately only go to the gym on Hubbys days off cuz our gym is a small 24 hr gym and doesnt have daycare (hes too lil for that anyways). I feel amazing and cant wait to go again 2mrw. I am focusing on cardio at the gym and then doing my strength training Kettlebell workouts at home. If i stay positive, eat LC and stay on track with my workouts.. my goal weight will be achievable by my Oct date. Sigh... lol if only itd happen sooner!

Menu:
B: Chia shake
S b4 the gym: Hard boiled egg, beef stick and a piece of cheese
L/post workout: Another chia shake but with protein powder added as well
D: Not sure yet... maybe left over tuna salad but if not then a big old burger patty no bun and a salad
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #1384

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
You got the ok to workout already? That's great! Keep up the good work

We made it home. I'm exhausted.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #1385
Senior LCF Member

My Dr is okay w stuff as long as I stop if I can't handle it etc. plus I'm not bleeding anymore and my stitches are dissolved already
Old 07-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #1386
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyLiz
Stats: pregnant
WOE: Whatever works
Start Date: April 3, 2011
Thanks for the welcome's....

Lori, i'm right there with you. Our due dates should be close!

you're all are making me hungry! *off to get a snack*
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #1387
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I ate too many protein bars today, which means too many carbs (the ones I have that have the best ingredients have 10g total carbs each and only 1g fiber, so 9 net, and I had TWO of them plus an Atkins bar!). Also, Friday is my birthday, so I plan on letting loose with food for the 3 days (Friday and the weekend), mostly because I have some coupons for free entrees or desserts emailed to me by some of our favorite restaurants :P

My MIL is coming to visit this weekend. Not sure which day yet. I hate it when people can't make solid plans. I am a planner, so not knowing on Wednesday whether someone will be here on Saturday or Sunday drives me nuts. I hope she plans on Saturday because I have a playdate scheduled at a friend's house with Ben on Sunday - she's having a few of her friends with little ones over, so there will be 4-5 kids under the age of 2

Little Mr. Asher is SO precious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori37 View Post
I know I can't let my body go into ketosis and I want to make sure I"m getting all the vital things my baby needs.
There is nothing wrong with ketosis during pregnancy. Plenty of women are unintentionally in ketosis due to severe morning sickness, and they (and their babies) turn out fine. I ate very low in carbs my first trimester, and I had a super easy pregnancy, a super easy labor/delivery, and a perfectly healthy baby
Quote:
I keep reading that beans are great for pregnancy and full of folate. I know I can get it from other sources but what?
Are you not taking prenatal vitamins?
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-18-2012, 06:55 PM   #1388

Gallery: Lori37
Stats: 310/215/180
WOE: Modified low carb
Start Date: 6/1/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Eating Primal is def a great way to stay low carb but give yourself alil bit of fudge room. We have ate Paleo before but its hard for me to stick with it cuz I love cheese lol. But its def healthy for u and a great idea. I do an AMAZING sweet potato salad thats all Paleo. Basically its whats in reg cold potato salad but you use sweet potato and I add in bacon to cut the sweetness Everyone loves it...even non LC or Paleo eaters. The beans.. hmm I would just sub in a supplement if your worried? Like over the counter... Oh and BTW.. CONGRATS!! I am a first time Mom and just had my son on 6/26
Thank you for the encouragement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
for my first trimester i would eat beans everyday. i had a giant jar of pinto beans in the fridge and i'd warm them up in a bowl with a squirt of bbq sauce and bacon bits.
That does sound good, but oh, my poor husband! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Lori! I stayed LC with my pregnancy but at maintenance levels. I added fruit and the occasional 1/2 cup beans or sweet potato. I didnt really count anything so I was anywhere from 10-75 carbs daily. I just focused on whole foods and plenty of healthy fats. I had a run in with a pizza or burrito a couple of times but it really made me feel yucky and bloated. I only gained 12 lbs and by the time I left the hospital, I weighed less than when I got pg! You sound like me in that you gain very quickly with the addition of carbs so I would tread carefully. Take a good prenatal with at least 800mg of folic acid as well as some fish oils and stay LC as best you can. Good luck!
Sounds exactly like what I'm planning to do! I'm a big girl so I really don't want to gain much more weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyLiz View Post

Lori, i'm right there with you. Our due dates should be close!

you're all are making me hungry! *off to get a snack*
WOOHOO! Congrats! We can be baby bump buddies! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
There is nothing wrong with ketosis during pregnancy. Plenty of women are unintentionally in ketosis due to severe morning sickness, and they (and their babies) turn out fine. I ate very low in carbs my first trimester, and I had a super easy pregnancy, a super easy labor/delivery, and a perfectly healthy baby

Are you not taking prenatal vitamins?
Oh yeah? Good to know! Yes I've been taking prenatals off and on for over a year, i say off and on because I'm bad about remembering to take them! Gotta try harder now! I've got a pretty good one! And it does say 100% of the RDA for folic acid.
http://lorivsjourneytohealth.blogspot.com/
Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #1389

Morning. Back home and back to work today. It's rough coming home to an empty house after vacation!

I'm officially done with junk and carbs today! I know I've said that before but I'm so fat and tired right now it needs to just end. I think I got all my cravings out so it shouldn't be too hard...I hope!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:38 AM   #1390

Just never stop trying!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:39 AM   #1391
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
You can do it Dp. One bite at a time!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:08 AM   #1392

Ok Morning sickness started today! What are some low carb options that help?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:17 AM   #1393
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I'm definitely not looking forward to MS! Mine still hasn't hit me yet...
Old 07-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #1394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Quote:
Ok Morning sickness started today! What are some low carb options that help?
Unfortunately for me, I found that ginger ale and saltine crackers really helped. Also eating small meals spread throughout the day and keeping my blood sugar steady was the key. I tried to stay as low carb as possible, but when you can't keep *anything* down and just the smell of meat makes you want to hurl, you got to do what you got to do.

Feel better!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #1395
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gab-I just love your avatar of Sam! He just looks like the happiest baby there and I see what you mean how long and thin he is! Just a beautiful boy.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Unfortunately for me, I found that ginger ale and saltine crackers really helped. Also eating small meals spread throughout the day and keeping my blood sugar steady was the key. I tried to stay as low carb as possible, but when you can't keep *anything* down and just the smell of meat makes you want to hurl, you got to do what you got to do.

Feel better!!!
Thank you! I've got gluten free crackers, I figure thats better then the regular stuff. Thinking about getting ginger ale, but torn. 1. I gave up soda over 3 months ago and am afraid I'll get sucked back in. 2. Diet or regular? I need to watch my sugar but also want to avoid aspartame and splenda at all cost! YIKES.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 AM   #1397

Quote:
Ugh, I'm definitely not looking forward to MS! Mine still hasn't hit me yet...
Maybe you won't get it at all Amy!
Old 07-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #1398

I had morning sickness the whole pregnancy, it was hell. I did take medication and that helped some. I was able to eat all natural cold cuts on my high nausea days. I also loved artichokes with butter, lol.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #1399

buy ginger root and cook it in water, drink that instead. Much better than a soda.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #1400

Hi ladies!

I didnt have MS at all when I was pg with DS but I did have a bit of an aversion to meat and eggs in the first tri. I found that a delicious smoothie in the mornings helped a lot.

I know I am late to the coconut milk game but I made a yummy one for breakfast this morning using coconut milk for the first time!

1 cup coconut milk
2 scoops Jay Robb choc pp
1 heaping tbs peanut butter
ice

Blend and enjoy!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #1401
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i had morning sickness for the first trimester and could only do smoothies for breakfast, couldn't even handle coffee. it was a good way to get in fresh fruits and my 2 hour blood sugars were never a problem. i've been doing them again for breakfast or dinner as it's been so hot outside and i don't feel like eating meat. usually juice or milk, banana, activia yogurt, handful of frozen berries, scoop of protein powder.

when the nausea hit at home, i'd chow down a handful of oyster crackers. or i'd just puke and then feel better.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:07 AM   #1402
Senior LCF Member

What are some foods I can take with me to work to much on every couple hours? I sit at a desk and don't have fridge access unless i'm on lunch break. I feel ravenous by lunchtime, but i don't know what i could put at my desk that won't spoil...Any suggestions?
Old 07-19-2012, 09:42 AM   #1403

Quote:
What are some foods I can take with me to work to much on every couple hours? I sit at a desk and don't have fridge access unless i'm on lunch break. I feel ravenous by lunchtime, but i don't know what i could put at my desk that won't spoil...Any suggestions?
I dont get it. You can only access the fridge on your lunch break? You cant take a minute to run to the fridge to grab a snack? Just trying to figure out the dynamic!

In any case, cheese cubes keep well for a couple hours. One of my fave morning snacks was fruit and cheese. Anything that was in season! For some reason I craved the fruit. I always paired it with cheese to keep my BS in control.

peanut butter and celery
almonds, sunflower seeds, mac nuts
cuke slices
pepperoni slices
make a batch of almond flour muffins

Im sure I have more ideas but its early and Im still brain dead.....
Old 07-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #1404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would bring a small cooler with me to work and store snacks in there....(but I did have a fridge at work, I was just too lazy to get up off my butt and go there, lol!)

Anyway....I ate a lot of cheese and crackers, peanut butter, hard boiled eggs
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #1405
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning. Back home and back to work today. It's rough coming home to an empty house after vacation!

I'm officially done with junk and carbs today! I know I've said that before but I'm so fat and tired right now it needs to just end. I think I got all my cravings out so it shouldn't be too hard...I hope!
aww congrats!! u got this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Hi ladies!

I didnt have MS at all when I was pg with DS but I did have a bit of an aversion to meat and eggs in the first tri. I found that a delicious smoothie in the mornings helped a lot.

I know I am late to the coconut milk game but I made a yummy one for breakfast this morning using coconut milk for the first time!

1 cup coconut milk
2 scoops Jay Robb choc pp
1 heaping tbs peanut butter
ice

Blend and enjoy!
yumm have u tried the new almond/coconut milk from Almond Breeze?? Its awesome!!

Quote:
nuts, cheese, beef sticks, dry roasted edamame, pork rinds, low carb bars, pepperoni, theres lower carb yogurt
Old 07-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #1406
Senior LCF Member

Were out running around and doing lotsa stuff today on DH's day off... wohoo and Im stopping by the tattoo shop 2nite to have them look over my half sleeve design and set an appointment for it HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME Heheh. Anyways heres my menu so far...

B: Chia seed shake
L: 2 jr bunless burger pattys from local place with alil lettuce, onion, pickle and mayo
S: Prolly a bar when were out again later
D: Prolly left over adobo chicken from last night. Its basically chicken fajita meat then withs our cream and salsa. Ill eat a smalls alad with it

Gonna hitt up the gym again 2nite!! Im motivated by every time I look in the mirror at my gigantic thighs. Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #1407
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Still on track today and down 7 pounds. I feel great. I made zucchini noodles for dinner last night out of fresh zucchini from our garden, then topped with alfredo sauce. So yummy!

Menu today:

brunch- bacon and pancakes (2 oz cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1 TBSP ground chia seeds)
snack- jerky, hb eggs, celery
dinner- chicken, something with zucchini
Old 07-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #1408
Senior LCF Member

Yummmmm and cream cheese pancakes are my fave!!!!
Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 PM   #1409
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for all the suggestions! that helps a lot!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #1410

I hope you don't get morning sickness! I had it fierce and looking at meat and eggs made me

So Farsi good today. Kiddo is having a rough day and my temper is on edge. I hate coming home from vacation!
Closed Thread