Old 07-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #1321
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Jaxonsmomma- Chia seeds are very similar to flax seeds, only they get kind of gelled and slimy when you add water. In a shake, you don't notice the texture. They're full of omega 3's and all fiber. They are considered a super food. The addition of them to my shake keeps me full.
Aww I might have to try some then cuz i use flax with egg to make a bread in the microwave. Lol then I toast it. Its a weird taste but with cream cheese or sugar free jelly.. its not bad and gives me a "carb fix" with zero carbs Ill look up some ideas of how to use the chia and check it out TY!! I love the faux potato salad! I never really ate cauliflower before until low carb. I like to cook it and use it as like a faux mashed potato and add in stuff to make it taste like twice baked Yummmmm. I have two heads of it..maybe Ill make it 2mrw with the Atkins portobello pizzas i didnt get a chance to make today!

Menu today:
B: Atkins Advantage choco peanut butter bar, coffee with Torani SF Brown Sugar Cinnamon and a splash of unsweetened almond milk (YUMMMMMM), bacon
L: Spicy pork rinds with homemade guacamole, a hard boiled egg and some queso fresco cheese (Not the queso dip)
S: Ricotta with Torani SF Brown Sugar Cinnamon and one beef stick
D: Grilled Tilapia, Romaine salad and maybe flax bread

Total cals... 1210 with 20 net carbs
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2

Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1322
Senior LCF Member

Ohh nm..Jaxon was being super cranky so I didnt make tilapia.. had a late night dinner of scrambled egg whites, bacon, and veggies. BTW.. I have been readin up on chia seed recipes lol and Im now intrigued to try. If Jax doesnt sleep well.. I may venture to the 24 hr Kroger and buy some. If not tonight, then I shall have some 2mrw! Im lookin fwd to tryin the pudding type recipes made with almond milk
Old 07-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #1323
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Hey all!
Dr came in checked me around 7am...barley a one. B/P was still way up even on mag so....We went to c-sec a little after 10! At 10:38 am Asher was born!!!

He is blonde blue eyed, curly hair, 7 pounds and 15 ounces, 21 inches long!!!!
Now this was at 36 weeks and 2 days!

He has been in the nursery due to lips wanting to turn blu. He is under the hood with 35% O2 on. Other than that no other problems. He has an IV, he is screaming. So good that he is moving plenty of air just wears him out!!!
I have been confined to the bed because of b/p so Ionly got to hold him about 15 minutes yesterday.
Going to go down there soon in wheel chair to see him.
I have been using a pump, 3x, to help get milk started. He has gotten to small amount and the D10 from the iv. When he gets weened of the O2 I'll get to feed him.
DD 19 and DD15 haven't held him yet. But no one but me and Hubby will hold him before them.
Will post some pics soon I hope!!!

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #1324
Major LCF Poster!

eye candy!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Asher2.jpg (27.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg asher paige mom.jpg (26.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg asher zane.jpg (39.8 KB, 24 views)
Old 07-15-2012, 03:56 AM   #1325
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Awww. Many blessings to you and your beautiful bundle!
Old 07-15-2012, 04:09 AM   #1326
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Congratulations!! He's adorable!! I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #1327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Asher!!! Congratulations!! He is beautiful!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #1328
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Apologies for any typos - typing with one hand while holding a sleeping baby in the other arm. I could put him down to sleep in his boppy lounger or pack n play, but sometimes I just want to hold him

Party went well - one of my friends brought her husband and their FOUR kids - boys ages 5 and 4 and girls ages 2 and 2 weeks! So, even if no one else even showed up, we had a full house right there! And it only reinforced my husband's and my decision to stop at 2 kids

I need to run out today to buy more bottkes. We had to bump Ben up to the bigger ones since he drinks 6 ounces at a time now, and many of the small bottles only go up to 4-6 ounces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Im hoping next yr to get alil work done on my excess skin. Hubby thinks its stupid but he isnt the one who has to carry it around.
I struggle with this - of course I would love to have all my saggy excess skin gone, but the removal is expensive and very unlikely to be covered by insurance. I certainly won't do anything until I'm done having kids, and then I can't see myself spending that kind of money on myself when I have a family. As it is, I can't wear any sleeveless tops because of my saggy upper underarms; there are even many short-sleeved shirts I can't wear because the sleeves are too tight on that upper arm sag, and they dig in. I have to wear "shaper" undergarments because my lower stomach (panni) hangs down to near mid-thigh. I have sagging rolls on the sides of my back, extra "side boob" skin that hangs over the band of my bra, and inner thighs that resemble a shar-pei! It is inconvenient and unsightly, but since I don't have any rashes or fungal infections or anything, insurance doesn't care if I have limited clothing options, have to wear uncomfortable restrictive undergarments (even when it's100+ degrees out!), or sometimes catch my skin in my pants zipper...all in all, it's still better than weighing 300+, but no matter how much weight I lose, I will never look good in a swimsuit (even a one-piece) or cute sleeveless sundress...
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Jellybean, how can you eat so little? I eat a family pack of ground beef and I still keep losing. I would starve on so little. I have even added cheese and salsa to try to keep my weight over 110.
Umm, I have never in my life struggled to keep my weight up! Even with my weight loss surgery, I only ever got down to my absolute lowest weight of 175 (and that was during my first trimester!), and I'm 5'6, so no need for me to weigh that much. With working full time, I don't have a lot of time to eat throughout the day. When I'm busy, I have to try to find time to stop for lunch, and even then, I just eat at my desk while I continue to work - my customer deadlines don't care if I'm hungry! I should mention that my protein shake actually keeps me satisfied for quite a while because I add 1-2 tablespoons of MCT oil (essentially the liquid version of the kind of fat in coconut oil) for a boost of fat. For me, this is eating normal, not little. Sounds like if I had your metabolism, I probably wouldn't have needed weight loss surgery!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
He is blonde blue eyed, curly hair, 7 pounds and 15 ounces, 21 inches long!!!!
Now this was at 36 weeks and 2 days!
Congratulations!! Wow, imagine if he'd cooked another 4 weeks! Do they know why his lips were turning blue? Hopefully nothing that etra O2 won't help. He is such a cutie On a side note, I have to say the receiving blankets your hospital uses are much cuter than the generic white with pink and teal-ish stripes most other hospitals use!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-15-2012, 06:37 AM   #1329

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Congrats Lizsy!!! So excited for you. Hope he is doing well
Old 07-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #1330
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
CONGRATULATIONS Lizzy, Asher's beautiful!

Off for camping this morning. I managed to stay on track last night, even with company over! Whew! I'm down 5 pounds, so that's a good start.

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 07-15-2012 at 06:42 AM..
Old 07-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #1331
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
On a side note, I have to say the receiving blankets your hospital uses are much cuter than the generic white with pink and teal-ish stripes most other hospitals use!
I agree. We actually found a website that sells all the different kinds of hospital receiving blankets (because we loved ours so much, the three we "took home" with us weren't enough). I love the footprints one, those are my faves. My hospital used the duck ones. Let me see if I can find a pic...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandon.hospital.rcvg.blanket.jpg (34.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 07-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #1332
Senior LCF Member

YYEEAHHH ASHER IS SOOOO CUTE!! I cant believe he was that big at only 36! Lol thats more than Jaxon weighed at 39 weeks Sending wishes for a fast recovery for ya!! Congrats again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Off for camping this morning. I managed to stay on track last night, even with company over! Whew! I'm down 5 pounds, so that's a good start.
Congrats on the loss!! Yur doing amazing! Have fun!!

Jilly... Thats how I feel too. My excess skin isnt in all the same areas as you because I didnt have the surgery so I didnt lose it prolly as fast as you did. But I def have a huge over hang in my lower stomach and then the extra skin in my thighs and knees. Im glad that someone else understands how I feel.. its really hard to explain to ppl cuz they think I should just be happy that I lost the weight. Which I am..but like u said.. I can never wear a swimsuit without wearing long board shorts over it...and cant wear short skirts or shorts. We live in 100+ degree weather sometimes year round. It sucks. I know that surgery is expensive so thats why I will def not do it until our other debt is paid off...which hopefully will be after tax time in Jan. I guess Ill go get a consult and see exactly where itd put us. I agree that its a good idea to wait til after done having kids. Im not sure that I will have anymore so I suppose it doesnt hurt to atleast do the consult. But I am glad that we both have amazing hubbies who love us the way we are

So I tried Chia seeds this AM and I def loved it! I did a "pudding". It was 3/4c Unsweetened almond milk, 1 tbsp of fresh ground PB, 1 tbsp of coconut butter (jeez that stuff was $12 a jar!), 2 tbsp of black chia seeds, 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder and a splash of the Torani sugar free syrup. It was DEEE-LISH!! Cant wait to try it in a protein smoothie.. will prolly have one later

Meal plan for the day:
B: see above + bacon (had bacon at like 8am and then the chia after gettin back from the store around 11)
L: Atkins baked meatballs, cauliflower mash, steamed broccoli
D: Big salad with turkey lunchmeat, hard boiled egg and some veggies...pork rinds

If I do a snack then itll be cheese or some nuts. Also gonna get n a kettleworx workout later while the baby naps
Old 07-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #1333

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I am also typing with one hand and nursing, so...
James had his baptism today and it was 33 degrees, beyond hot. It was miserable, but he was amazing. We will take pictures next week, today we just wanted to get him out of the gown.
Congrats on the baby! What a big guy for 36 weeks!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #1334
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
Congrats Lizzy! So glad everything turned out good for you and your little one <3
Old 07-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #1335
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
James had his baptism today and it was 33 degrees, beyond hot.
33 degrees sounds down right cold to me - just above freezing in fact. Then I realized you meant celsius.

I had lc flax pancakes for dinner the other night. So yummy! Breakfast was a lower carb slim with pb, lunch - ham and cheese roll ups. We were at a fair on the boardwalk with cashews as our snack. Dinner is probably steak and some kind of veggie.

I have a college course this week. Need to make/plan some easy breakfast lunch stuff as well as quick/easy dinners. will prob make a crestless quiche to cut up and have for breakfast.

TOM Showed up for the first time since I became pregnant. Explains why I have been so grumpy the past day or two I guess.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-15-2012, 06:52 PM   #1336
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Today, I had a piece of low-carb cheesecake with strawberries for breakfast (yup!), then a salad from Subway (baby spinach, chicken, onion, cheese, cucumber, avocado, mayo, a little honey mustard, and added a hard boiled egg to it when I got home), some cheese crisps made with gourmet block cheddar (tomato basil and garlic & herb), and just had a cheese and sausage omelette for dinner.

Ben seemed a little grumpy this morning, and I could hear that he had some congestion. I felt so bad because I know I am absolutely miserable when I'm congested. I didn't know what to do to try to help him - the little snot sucker ball was useless since he didn't have a runny nose; sounded more like chest congestion (I could hear it when he breathed). He seemed better by later this afternoon, though. Is there anything I can do for him for congestion? I don't really want to give him medicine, but I was thinking of maybe running a hot shower and holding him in the steamy bathroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
TOM Showed up for the first time since I became pregnant.
I've been wondering how long it might take my period to return. Most women I know who are not breastfeeding have theirs back by now, but I have not had one at all. I only breastfed for about the first week - maybe a total of 2 weeks trying to breastfeed and pump - and never even pumped since then. Not that I enjoy having my period, but I kinda feel like I want it to appear just so I know everything is still working in there!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #1337
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Thunderstorm overhead. Made a crustless quiche to divide up into breakfast servings for the next few days. Got all the dishes/baby bottles hand washed. Dishwasher is loaded hope to run it when I head to bed. Put together a diaper bag for mom to have with supplies for her babysitting. Made a steak over salad for my lunch tomorrow from dinner leftovers.

So good to have mom so close. Sam was antsy, DH was in bed and I needed to get some of the above list done. So, called and asked if she could come sit with Sam while I did some of the chores

Here's hoping Sam goes down at 10ish without a fight.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #1338
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Jilly - I was going to suggest a hot shower, hold Ben in thesteam or a nice bath for him. Maybe hold him upright/angled more than flat on his back too.

As for period - I was wondering when it would return as well. I think it is different for each woman. Usually breastfeeding pushes it off, but I wasn't sure for how long either. I was never regular before...and eating lc usually triggers it for me. Since I'm on my third week of being really good with my lc, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised it showed. Just not a convienent week - of course!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #1339
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Gab, I hear the thunder too. I was driving home from my friends' house in Fresh Meadows and could see the lightning as I was driving on I-95.

DH is in London until Tuesday....he got told at the last minute that he needed to travel with the CEO there to support him (he works in IT) and the usual guys who travel with him were not available. Needless to say, I was panicked since I've never been alone that long with Brandon. Sure a night, but this was going to be the entire weekend plus, and I don't know about the other working mommies out there, but I find the weekends stressful enough as it is even with DH around to help. I couldn't imagine being the only one to take care of him....this also means that my usual Sunday afternoon nap wasn't going to be happening (I've found that these help my exhaustion with being pregnant). But I survived! We had a really nice weekend and had a great time visiting with some friends this afternoon and their baby who is a couple weeks older than Brandon (9.5 months). It was so fun watching them interact and play together. Brandon is now down fast asleep in his crib after having his bottle. I hope he exhausted himself out so much that he sleeps through the whole night like he did last night!

Well, good night everyone, sleep tight!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #1340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry, I also meant to share this with you ladies....my friend posted this on FB and I thought it was a really good guide about car seat safety:

Treading Raging Waters: 11 DEADLY mistakes you didn't know you were making!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #1341
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Hello Everyone!

Lizzy ~ Congrats!!

I'm done travelling for work, and life will be getting back to normal. I'll actually have time to post more.

AF arrived today, so I'm not pregnant this cycle. It's okay though. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later.

I need to get back to a LC diet. Not eating low carb really messes up my cycle. So I'll be making a menu and shopping this week and getting back to it.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:35 AM   #1342
Major LCF Poster!

Asher was flown to Arkansas Childrens Hospital to the NICU yesterday around 9am. Only got to hold him an=bout 10 minutes total since he was born. Just 2 quick holds. I was not allowed to go to our nursery here due to my condition. My b/p levels were 190's/ 101 ....So sat,after his birth couldn't move due to spinal block....he couldn't leave nursery due to O2 needed.
I'm just so lost....

Ok...
Asher is on a vent, placed when he got there. Gave him some surfactant for his lungs. O2 was at 50% when he started on vent. Now it is down to 30%. His iv was placed in belly button so he doesn't have the pain of arm sticks. They said that he is resting and vent is now assisting him breathe not doing it for him. Dr said that he was not to be feed anything yesterday but will be given some today. Not by mouth but by tube to belly. Doesn't want him to use energy by trying to suck. Wants all of Asher's energy to go toward his lung develoment.

I am holding it together. I got some sleep last night. Total of six hours. Hurts my incision to cry so trying to avoid that. My b/p is still up but I'm doing my best to keep stress level down so I can not add to everyone elses worry.

Hope to be by his side by Noon today.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:25 AM   #1343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh, Lizzy, I am so sorry to heard about Asher! That has to be so hard for you to not be able to be there with him. I am saying prayers for you guys!

It sounds like he is in excellent hands though, and I hope you get to see him very soon!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 04:45 AM   #1344
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Prayers for Asher and you Lizzy. I can't even imagine going through all that. NICU nurses are some real special people, I just know Asher is in good hands. Hope you get to hold him soon!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #1345

I am praying for you both.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #1346
Major LCF Poster!

Just got this to work on my phone so I can postwithout my computer. Waiting for my paperwork then hitting the road.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:10 AM   #1347

Gallery: pocahontas
to Asher and to Lizzy! Im sure he is in great hands and will be even better when mamma gets there! Prayers to you and your family!

We are back from Bass Lake and I didnt do too terribly with my diet over the weekend but I am def back to strict LC today. Here is a pic of Harris all tuckered out at the lake. He was 18 mo old last week!

Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #1348
Senior LCF Member

to you Lizzy and Asher. Prayers that the Drs and nurses take extra special care of him and that the sight of his Momma will be just the medicine he needs Stay strong and keep us updated. Hopin yur with him right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
We are back from Bass Lake and I didnt do too terribly with my diet over the weekend but I am def back to strict LC today. Here is a pic of Harris all tuckered out at the lake. He was 18 mo old last week!
What a cutie!! I love his trunks Way to get right back on track!!

Well I weighed again 2day and after a week of strict LC and a cpl workouts... Im still the same damn weight. However, I have lost 2% body fat. So hopefully that means Im building muscle. I ordered a Shrinkx Hips band lol that comes today. Supposedly if you wear it for the first 8 wks post partum.. it takes your hips back to where they were before, Considering I gained 4 in...even half of that would help. Sadly I could use help with my stomach/waist which is a gain of 8 in! BARF. Anyways it was only $30 so I guess its worth a try. I have to wear it for the next 5 weeks and like majority of the day/night lol. Wedn is my first day back to the gym! Cant wait!

An update on Jaxon... 2mrw will be officially a wk on the Nutramigen and Id have to say it so far has been an improvement. He is now having regular bowel movements without the prune juice, his gas pains are less and he is not having the crying hysterically periods at night. Last night I woke him at 2 and 5am for bottles and he pretty much went right back to sleep. Hopefully its not a fluke lol. He just seems overall better and hope it stays that way Hate seein my lil man in pain. Other than that... thing are good here and not much to report

Menu:
B: Chia seed "pudding", coffee, 2 pieces of bacon
L: Albacore tuna salad with mayo, romaine mix, spicy pork rinds, 1/2 c cottage cheese
S: Cheddar cheese stick
D: Atkins choco pb bar or a protein shake
S: sugar free jello with homemade whipped cream
Old 07-16-2012, 05:06 PM   #1349

No word from Lizzy?
Old 07-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #1350

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
No word from Lizzy?
I was just checking in for the same thing.

JaxonsMomma - Im so glad your little man is doing better on the Nutramigen.
Closed Thread