Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 04:37 AM   #1291
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Sending you resting vibes! Best of luck!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2012, 07:33 AM   #1292
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
It's about 5:40am, and I've been up with Ben since about 4. And I didn't go to bed until about midnight because I was up working. At least he's in a good mood, just WIDE awake But he keeps smiling at me, which makes it awful hard to stay mad! And I have to go into the office today, and our compny CEO is in town, so I'm sure I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed

Ben's not rolling yet at all, but he has started a little giggling here and there. I'm excited for him to really get going with the giggling!

Sounds like gas to me, especially because you said he's moving his legs - that helps them work the gas out. I know you said you tried gas drops, but no one told me this, so I will tell you and hope maybe it helps - the gas drops will NOT help on their own; you have to continue burping or moving his legs to make the gas drops work because all the gas drops do is turn a bunch of smaller gas bubbles into one big gas bubble, not make the gas go away.
Thank you... I will try burping him more...not only with just feedings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Well, one big project at work done, sent out this afternoon. I have another big one going on that is due August 3, and that ill still eat up a lot of my time, but it's better than working them both concurrently. I may actually sleep tonight

I got myself back to low-carbing as of yesterday. I have done well - yesterday was a protein shake, 2 bunless cheeseburgers, sugar free Slurpee and pack of almonds (stopped at 7-11!), chicken thighs marinated in light barbecue sauce with a side of broccoli florets all topped with shredded cheddar, and 2 whole grain "coco pops" (these lo-wcarb crispy round things...) topped with melted cheese. Today, I've had a protein shake and 2 hotdogs with cheese and low-sugar ketchup (sans buns), and I have some chicken sausages defrosted to cook for dinner, likely with a side of baby brussels sprouts. I feel confident about sticking with it if I've managed to make it through these two ridiculously busy days without going off track. Of course, then my husband comes home excited because he has a coupon for a free peach milkshake from Chick-fil-a... THOSE MILKSHAKES ARE SOOOO GOOD!!! That is all :P
Ughh I am back on the LC wagon and still not losing weight. I have been doing around 30 carbs and 1300 cals a day since last week and have yet to drop a lb. Im getting so frustrated. I know its only been a week but in the past when I have been strict.. it has fallen off like crazy. Idk if maybe my horomones are playing a part or what? But I have 20 lbs I wanna lose by 8/15 and now I feel like ill be lucky if I get 5. I have been doing 30-40 mins troller walks a cpl times a week and I recently bought Kettleworx to do. I just started in on Tues and it def kicked my butt. Today I will do the 2nd workout. Ughh between my frustration with my body and the issues with Jax.. Im a wreck emotionally and physically

DP... Hope u arrived to NY safely! HAVE FUN!!
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #1293
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Lizzy Hoping for good test results.

Jaxonsmomma- Give yourself a break, girl! I'm sure you are anxious to get the baby weight off, but you JUST had him. Give your body a little time to recover. It'll come off if you're sticking to it. You clearly have the drive tand determination to make it happen, so just he patient.

Just anxiously awaiting blood test results here. No cramping, spotting, etc. Doctor said if it's negative, she may have to give me something to start my period. I'm at day 41 today.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1294
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Sometimes it is not how many carbs you eat, but which carbs you eat!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:40 AM   #1295
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Shana, jog my memory... do you have PCOS? Are you or have you taken any progesterone supplements in the past? I would start my progesterone on or about day 14 but never ovulated on the same day in my cycles. I think my longest cycle with progesterone was 37 days, but it would pretty much a guarantee to start something in there within 2 weeks. provera made me a B* so I would steer clear of that!

jxnmama, your homones are still wacked out, be nice to your body! nobody here is going to be heidi klum in 6 weeks or less. your uterus is still shrinking down from the size of a balloon. exercise will also put on muscle and the scale won't budge. try not to stress about your bounce back, you'll get there eventually. set realistic goals - try for the first 5 then reassess.

25w here and feeling uncomfortable and it's only gonna get worse. the last couple of days my FBS have been low 90's and my 2 hr PP's have been low 110's so i'm kinda nervous to see those and need to crack down on my carbs before it gets out of control. at my appt on tuesday the (new) nurse tried to give me the glucose drink and i said uhh, no, we're not doing that.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:49 AM   #1296

I did not do the glucose test either, no one seemed to care.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:51 AM   #1297

Gallery: pocahontas
lizzy - that baby might be here this weekend, how exciting! rest up and keep that bp down as best you can. nerves always make mine rise too!

KQT - I started feeling uncomfy around 28 wks but my doc wouldnt let me refuse the GTT, are you skipping it all together?

We are heading to Bass Lake tomorrow for some camping with the family. I am really looking forward to it though Ive heard its supposed to be like 100 degrees! I am really enjoying our 70s/80s here in SF! I packed a bunch of LC foods though I cant promise I wont have a smores.

Still no O as of this morning so hopefully tomorrow I will see that temp rise because there will be no action while camping with the family! We have covered the entire week so far so we had a good run.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #1298
Senior LCF Member

Negative.

KQT, I suspected PCOS and talked to my doctor about it a few months ago. I have MANY of the symptoms. She ran a blood panel and it all came back good. This is the first time I've missed a period that I can remember. I haven't taken Provera before. The nurse said to just wait it out and call if I get to day 65, meaning I've missed 2 periods.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #1299
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Lizzy Hoping for good test results.

Jaxonsmomma- Give yourself a break, girl! I'm sure you are anxious to get the baby weight off, but you JUST had him. Give your body a little time to recover. It'll come off if you're sticking to it. You clearly have the drive tand determination to make it happen, so just he patient.

Just anxiously awaiting blood test results here. No cramping, spotting, etc. Doctor said if it's negative, she may have to give me something to start my period. I'm at day 41 today.
Ughh I know... Im so hard on myself. I just want to be down to where I need to be by Oct 19th for a wedding. It is my hubbys USMC buddies and we will see alotta ppl we havent in a yr and I dont wanna look like a whale lol. I was wondering abt whether u take progesterone as well? I had to take Prometrium to kick start my periods for a good cpl of months

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
25w here and feeling uncomfortable and it's only gonna get worse. the last couple of days my FBS have been low 90's and my 2 hr PP's have been low 110's so i'm kinda nervous to see those and need to crack down on my carbs before it gets out of control. at my appt on tuesday the (new) nurse tried to give me the glucose drink and i said uhh, no, we're not doing that.
Ohh I didnt know u could refuse it?? I wish I would have lol I ended up having to do the 3 hr and got myself so worked up over nothing!

Andi... Have a great weekend at the lake! Smores sounds amazing. I craved those during prego but never gave in. Lol apparently the craving is still there haha
Old 07-12-2012, 12:52 PM   #1300

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Negative.

KQT, I suspected PCOS and talked to my doctor about it a few months ago. I have MANY of the symptoms. She ran a blood panel and it all came back good. This is the first time I've missed a period that I can remember. I haven't taken Provera before. The nurse said to just wait it out and call if I get to day 65, meaning I've missed 2 periods.
I think I would skip the Provera too, unless absolutely necessary (more than 60 days).
Old 07-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #1301
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Day 3 of low-carbing, still on track. It was a tough one - I forgot to take out anything to defrost for dinner, so I just cooked a pack of 4 hotdogs I had in the fridge. As I was putting relish in the buns for Jeff's hotdogs, I was thinking how amazing the buns looked and smelled and felt...but I just did his and then threw the rest of them away!

This coming weekend will also be a huge challenge. I'm hosting a potluck at my house for my local weight loss surgery friends. Some of them eat low in carbs, but not all of them, so I'm sure there will be some foods I shouldn't eat. Some of them are also gluten free, but that does not always mean low-carb, so it can get tricky sometimes. To help myself out, I will have assorted cheeses, diet coke with lime (my new favorite soda), Crystal Light, deviled eggs, and possibly meatballs (well, there WILL be meatballs, just not sure if someone else is bringing some or if I will make them myself). And I think someone is bringing a low carb cheesecake!

Ben was SO close to rolling over today! I put him on his playmat on his back when we got home (like I do every day while I feed the dogs), and when I came back, he was all the way on his side and eventually got his lower body completely over, but it was as if his one arm was just too in the way for him to quite get the rest of his upper body flat on his tummy. I got it on video on my cell phone so I could show my husband when he got home from work

lizzy - rest up! Isn't 37 weeks considered full term? I'm sure everything will work out fine but I know it's pretty much impossible not to worry, no matter what anyone says.

Oregon - I'm so sorry. I know what an emotional roller coaster it is
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
KQT - I started feeling uncomfy around 28 wks but my doc wouldnt let me refuse the GTT, are you skipping it all together?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Ohh I didnt know u could refuse it?? I wish I would have lol I ended up having to do the 3 hr and got myself so worked up over nothing!
Ladies...you can refuse ANY tests you want! As the patient, it is YOUR body, and you decide what you will and will not do. There are no required tests while you are pregnant, just recommended (maybe very strongly recommended, but not required!). I, too, opted out of the glucose testing since I've been type 2 diabetic and just tested my glucose levels at home anyway. I also declined cervical checks all the way up until I think a week before my due date.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #1302
Senior LCF Member

WTG Jilly for staying on track for another day!

I think I'm going to try and come here and post each day to be accountable. I love this group and everyone is so supportive. Work is slow, so I have more time to check in here. I need to get rid of this weight I've put on. I stayed on plan today and have my menu planned for tomorrow. We're camping this weekend, so I'm working on a menu to stay on track. It's all about planning for me. If I fill my fridge with stuff that's ready to eat, I'm good.

On another note, it was heartbreaking telling my husband about the negative test result. I think he was excited and hopeful.

Shana

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 07-12-2012 at 08:38 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #1303
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WTG Jilly for staying on track for another day!

I think I'm going to try and come here and post each day to be accountable. I love this group and everyone is so supportive. Work is slow, so I have more time to check in here. I need to get rid of this weight I've put on. I stayed on plan today and have my menu planned for tomorrow. We're camping this weekend, so I'm working on a menu to stay on track. It's all about planning for me. If I fill my fridge with stuff that's ready to eat, I'm good.

On another note, it was heartbreaking telling my husband about the negative test result. I think he was excited and hopeful.
Im with u... if i have a fridge full of low carb goodness then it makes life so much easier. I love the crockpot..especially now with Jax here! Keep up the awesome job!!

Jilly... did u have weight loss surgery or its just a group of friends you have? That sounds like fun and I bet there will be lotsa yummy food. I love doin meatballs with almond flour and shredded veggies like some carrots, zucchini, onion etc Yumm now Im hungry.

Made it through today with only 23 carbs so Im happy with that
Old 07-13-2012, 05:39 AM   #1304

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning
Checking in from Ny. We are having such a great time with family. I never want to leave! Kyle was amazing on the plane and has been great here. He's not sleeping well but hey, he's in a new bed in a new home ya know?

Anyways, I can't really catch up but I'll try to read back
Old 07-13-2012, 05:52 AM   #1305
gab
Major LCF Poster!

DP - glad you arrived safe and are having a good time.
Jax'smom - I think you should also go easy on yourself with the weight loss - eat right and exercise and it will come off in no time. I hear ya though it is frustrating to feel like nothing is happening.
Lizzy - how are you doing? You are almost there! Hang in there.
Oregon - I like the idea of being accountable in here. I tend do so much better when I write out my meals and carb counts for the day.

So far I had my coffee (1 carb for milk) and an egg/cheese/sausage/pepper muffin. It's probably around 2 carbs. Not sure what I'll have later today. I am thinking steak for dinner most likely.

The past two nights Sam has crashed finally around 10 pm, he wakes sometime after 12 but DH is able to get him back to sleep eventually and then he sleeps through to 7:30.

Has anyone done any of the sleep training methods like Ferber or cry it out etc? I have friends who did the Ferber method with their twins and they swear by it.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-13-2012, 06:09 AM   #1306
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning
Checking in from Ny. We are having such a great time with family. I never want to leave! Kyle was amazing on the plane and has been great here. He's not sleeping well but hey, he's in a new bed in a new home ya know?

Anyways, I can't really catch up but I'll try to read back
Glad yur having an awesome time! Enjoy all that family lovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
DP - glad you arrived safe and are having a good time.
Jax'smom - I think you should also go easy on yourself with the weight loss - eat right and exercise and it will come off in no time. I hear ya though it is frustrating to feel like nothing is happening.
Lizzy - how are you doing? You are almost there! Hang in there.
Oregon - I like the idea of being accountable in here. I tend do so much better when I write out my meals and carb counts for the day.

So far I had my coffee (1 carb for milk) and an egg/cheese/sausage/pepper muffin. It's probably around 2 carbs. Not sure what I'll have later today. I am thinking steak for dinner most likely.

The past two nights Sam has crashed finally around 10 pm, he wakes sometime after 12 but DH is able to get him back to sleep eventually and then he sleeps through to 7:30.

Has anyone done any of the sleep training methods like Ferber or cry it out etc? I have friends who did the Ferber method with their twins and they swear by it.
Whats the Ferber method? Im intrigued Great job on yur breakfast!! So far I have had a half of an Atkins choc peanut butter advantage bar, coffee with some unsweetended almond milk and splenda and a 1/2c of full fat cottage cheese. I did sprinkle in a lil fiber one bran cereal just for texture..so Im at abt 5 carbs. Might throw in some sausage links if Im still hungry lol
Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 AM   #1307
gab
Major LCF Poster!

The Ferber method to my understanding is for babies 6 mo or older. Younger than that don't have the cognitive capability to understand. Anyway, you do the bedtime routine. Then you lay the child in the bed, set a timer for 3 min and leave. Every three min you go back in and let them know you are there but you don't pick them up. You do this until they go to sleep. Next night repeat with 5 min intervals, and each night get longer in between until the baby is able to fall asleep on their own.

I actually want to see if my library has his book so I can read up on it some more. Sam gets tired around 7:30, and he will fall asleep while he is eating but he doesn't fall to sleep unless he is being held/sang to/feeding and he isn't sound asleep to be put down until about 10.

For now this schedule is okay. But come September, this is going to a little rough on me. We will see. Next week will actually be an interesting adventure. I'm taking a college course from ( with travel) 8 - 5:00ish everyday. Sam will either be with my parents or DH. So we'll see how this affects our sleeping schedule and eating habits because I am not sure how I will be able to pump during the day since we are going on a whale watch one day and kayaking another. I have no idea how breaks or privacy will work.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #1308
Senior LCF Member

Good morning. My menu for today will be:

B-Atkin's shake w chia seeds, scramble w sausage
L- Grilled chicken, artichoke leaves & aioli
S-beef jerky, cheese
D- Grilled chicken, broccoli w/ butter
S- (if needed) hb egg, cheese

Gab- I used to be a nanny a few years out of high school, and the family I worked for used the Ferber method. It was amazing! The boy was around 6 months old when we started and had to be held and rocked to sleep every time. We'd go to lay him down and he'd wake up sometimes, having to start the whole process again. He became the best little sleeper after Ferber. It was nice to have a structured routine, knowing he wasn't just going to have to lay there and scream. It can be very emotional listening to a child cry, when you want to go hold them and comfort them. He gained comfort from the routine, so he knew what to expect. I'd highly recommend the book.

DP- Have fun on your vacation! Love family time!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #1309
Senior LCF Member

On another note, AF finally arrived today and I have the most horrendous cramping. Holy smokes...
Old 07-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #1310
Senior LCF Member

I will have to look into Ferber when hes of age What exactly do Chia seeds taste like? My friend loves them and I always see them at the store but wasnt sure if id like them. Do u cook them or are they eaten raw like a nut? Lol im confused.

My day so far..and well what I plan on for dinner:

B: 1/2 Atkins bar, cottage cheese and coffee
S: hard boiled egg and bacon
L: more bacon lol and homemade low carb cream cheese pancakes
D: Bubba burger with no bun, broccoli and a salad

Time to go do my Kettlebell workout while Jax is passed out in his swing
Old 07-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #1311
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Got a bit of cleaning done last night in preparation for tomorrow's potluck but still have more to do. I really need to dust and vacuum and pull some weeds (at least the super obvious ones in the cracks of the sidewalk and driveway - I have not done ANY weeding in the 3.5 months we've beenin this house ). The good thing about hosting an event is that Jeff will also mow the lawn. We are SO bad about yard maintenance! I would pay someone to come do it for us, but we won't have the money for that until we get our townhouse done up and rented out.

Speaking of which, I am meeting with a handyman next week to get an estimate on fixing the damaged ceiling in the bathroom at the townhouse. After that, I can hire cleaners and carpet cleaners and landscapers (well, landscapers could go at any time, but I need to FIND one - last one I contacted said our townhouse was beyond their service area, even though they are located only about 20 minutes from the townhouse plus I want them to go as late as possible so we won't have to send them out again before tenants move in).

I will join you guys in tracking. Here's today so far:
  • protein shake
  • roasted sunflower seeds
  • rolled up ham and cheese
  • dinner plan: pork (currently in the crock pot) and green beans
  • probably some cheese for a snack
I also need to make deviled eggs tonight for tomorrow's potluck. Gonna go start cooking the eggs now!

Last edited by jillybean720; 07-13-2012 at 01:43 PM..
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #1312
Senior LCF Member

Aww thats awesome abt the surgery! I wanted to get gastric back when I was 278 lbs in 2005 but my Dr said cuz I was so young then that I should try to get a breast reduction and see if that would help me lose weight cuz I couldnt exercise cuz they were like an E cup. So I started Atkins and then lost abt 40 lbs.. had the surgery and stuck with LC and exercise and the rest fell off I never regret having plastic surgery..best decision I ever made. Lol i love reading abt ita nd watching all the weightloss surgery shows and makeover etc. I actually wanted to be an MA at a plastic surgeons but the ones near me had no openings. Im hoping next yr to get alil work done on my excess skin. Hubby thinks its stupid but he isnt the one who has to carry it around.

Have a great time at the party!!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #1313

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I used the Ferber method with my son. We actually started early at 4 months old. I had 3 very long sleepless nights but since then he's slept amazing and on his own
Old 07-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #1314
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I went to the library to pick up the Ferber book. Walked out with three books - none of them Ferber. Lol. Next visit.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #1315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
in labor and delivery.....will have a baby sometime tomorrow

b/p is up on mag, cervadil, start pit dripat 4am!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:02 PM   #1316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Oh, good luck, Lizzy! Saying prayers for a safe delivery!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #1317
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
in labor and delivery.....will have a baby sometime tomorrow!
sending you and the baby lots of well wishes!
Old 07-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #1318

Can wait to hear your birth story! Tomorrow is James' baptism.
Jellybean, how can you eat so little? I eat a family pack of ground beef and I still keep losing. I would starve on so little. I have even added cheese and salsa to try to keep my weight over 110.
On another note, this heat wave is murder!
Old 07-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #1319
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
in labor and delivery.....will have a baby sometime tomorrow

b/p is up on mag, cervadil, start pit dripat 4am!
WOOHOOO!! Cant wait to see pix! Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Can wait to hear your birth story! Tomorrow is James' baptism.
Jellybean, how can you eat so little? I eat a family pack of ground beef and I still keep losing. I would starve on so little. I have even added cheese and salsa to try to keep my weight over 110.
On another note, this heat wave is murder!
Lol must be nice...wish I had a metabolism like that. Ive cut cals and carbs and nothing. Would love to see a pic of him all dressed up for the baptism Have a wonderful day/celebration!
Old 07-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #1320
Senior LCF Member

Jaxonsmomma- Chia seeds are very similar to flax seeds, only they get kind of gelled and slimy when you add water. In a shake, you don't notice the texture. They're full of omega 3's and all fiber. They are considered a super food. The addition of them to my shake keeps me full.

Lizzy- Yay! Can't wait to hear your birth story. Sending quick and safe labor vibes your way...

My fridge is stocked with all my lc favorites, which always motivates me to stay on track. I'm make a cauliflower faux potato salad to take for camping, along with lots of meats and veggies. I'm ready!

Menu for today:

B- non (I work from 5PM-7AM, then come home and crash)
L- 0 carb natural hot dogs, cauli PS, peas from the garden
S- cheese, jerky
D- Montreal chicken, broccoli or peppers
S- ?
Closed Thread