Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #1261
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I'm sorry I'm doing so poor at keeping up! Getting ready for vacation and sleeping when I can. I'm seriously so exhausted. I can't wait for a break!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #1262

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
I work tonight, so I will be testing tomorrow morning. No cramping, no symptoms. I'll let ya'all know asap.
Meh, I didnt have either when I found out I was pg with DS. It can happen! Of course, I also had a long cycle last month and I have never had a long cycle so that can happen too. Fingers crossed for ya!
Old 07-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #1263

I had no symptoms with this baby. I just knew
Old 07-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #1264
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
*sigh* taking a brief break from working. I hate being so busy at work. I get stressed and grumpy, and I can't just leave my work at work because there's so much to do that I have to work evenings and weekends right now, too. I often wish I had the kind of job that I couldn't bring home with me, but then I remember this is why my salary is what it is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
I think my biggest problem is not being able to buy fresh produce since that is pretty expensive.
Meh, I almost NEVER buy fresh produce. I never use it up before it goes bad. I buy ALL my veggies frozen. I've read that frozen veggies are often even better for you than fresh because they are frozen at their peak instead of sitting out in stores or being shipped around and whatnot. Not that I notice much since I drown all my veggies in butter or oil or cheese...
Quote:
I work tonight, so I will be testing tomorrow morning. No cramping, no symptoms. I'll let ya'all know asap.
I didn't have any sypmtoms until I was about 8 weeks along. We had gone a week-long trip to San Diego for Comic-Con and did TONS of walking, ate plenty of junk food, soaked in a hot tub at the hotel...come to find out I'd been pregnant that whole trip and never knew it! Fingers crossed for you!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-09-2012, 02:23 PM   #1265

I drank every single day for the first month I was pregnant because I had no clue
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #1266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
The nearest Aldi to me is about 35 minutes away. And the nearest Sam's Club is also about 35 minutes away. I try to buy most of my meat at Walmart or pay attention to sales at my local grocery store, but I always have to be careful because I have a small freezer that is always really full and I have no chest freezer.

I think my biggest problem is not being able to buy fresh produce since that is pretty expensive. And my small freezer. But I like Jilly's suggestion of looking on Craigslist for a free one. That would be awesome!

It might still be a while before I can get back on LC we are having sudden financial problems with owing the IRS money and just recently having to start paying off college loans.

Thank you for the suggestions/ideas
Ughh student loans are the worst! I have come to the conclusion that I will take mine to the grave cuz i dont see them gettin paid off any time soon. Lol thats what I get for being an idiot and partying away 2 yrs of a Bachelors program that I never finished. Lol atleast I did end up going back and finishing somethin but not even remotely related to that. Boo to taxes! Just take it a day at a time... taking care of finaces is def more important than eating low carb. Well unless your health depends on it.

Quote:
FINGERS CROSSED!!

DP: Its almost vacation time for ya!!
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #1267
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow is Jaxon's 2 week appointment. These past few days have been really hard for him. Im not sure if he has just gas issues or if he has colic. Altho from what ive heard...its too early for him to be colicy. Basically he is crying hysterically after his feedings. At first it was just at night. For a few hours in the middle of the night. Now its during the day too. He pulls up on his legs and at times I can hear his belly making noises and just nothing comforts him. I feel terrible for him cuz nothin helps. Ive tried baby gas drops, Gripe water, tummy massages, bicycling his legs and just walking him. I switched to a sensitive formula for gassiness last night so Im hoping maybe thatll help. I guess Ill see what his Ped says 2mrw. Poor baby Other than that tho..hes doing good. 2mrw will also be our first grocery shopping trip 2gether lol. He loves going in the car tho and passes out so Im sure he'll sleep through the whole thing haha
Old 07-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #1268
Senior LCF Member

suzanne, are you still out there?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 AM   #1269

I wonder of its acid reflux Jax? Let us know
Old 07-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #1270

Felt the baby kick for the first time
Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #1271
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Awwww!
Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
suzanne, are you still out there?
Where is she? Havent seen her in this thread in a few days.

Quote:
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #1273
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Well, I tested and it was negative. I used a First Response, so? ?? No cramping, spotting, nothing. I don't know if or when I O'd this cycle, but I'm on day 39. Maybe I'll schedule a blood test tomorrow. I just know if I do, AF will arrive! The anticipation is killing me.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #1274

Quote:
Well, I tested and it was negative. I used a First Response, so? ?? No cramping, spotting, nothing. I don't know if or when I O'd this cycle, but I'm on day 39. Maybe I'll schedule a blood test tomorrow. I just know if I do, AF will arrive! The anticipation is killing me.
That's what I used and I was a week early but everyone is different and your hcg levels might still be too low for a hpt.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #1275
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Hello all!
Was at L&D sunday for a migraine that wouldn't go away. I was afraid of B/P being up to high so I went. They gave me demerol and phenergan shot. Slept the day away. My doc was on call, told me I had a lousy crevix. My hubby got a kick out of that!
Seen him in the office on Monday, doing a 24 hour u/a today and back in tomorrow. I'll be 36 weeks on thursday. I think if my results are bad enough I will be induced real soon.
Dr. never told me how to get cervix ready...I think he just wants it to start changing so induction will be better and c-sec won't be neccasary.

Sorry for the spelling...head still hurts...ears are stopped up. Feel like crud.

I love the nursery pics!!

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #1276

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Yes, I am here! Just nothing to report. James is good, eats, sleeps, farts. Oh, smiles and rolls too! He should laugh soon. I am good too, same old stuff. I am happy drama free though. I do not need a lot to be content.
We have been taking James into the pool and he likes that a lot.
Old 07-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #1277
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I wonder of its acid reflux Jax? Let us know
So Jax got started on Nutramigen today. The Dr said that he could have the milk protein allergy and that we should try that formula in combination with some prune juice cuz hes not pooping a whole lot. Its like once a day and sometimes not even at all. We wont really know whether its the formula or colic...until we give it a go for a few days and see what happens. Idt its colic cuz it happens more than just one time of day and its def something with his belly. As much as Im not looking fwd to buying $32 a can formula.... Id rather have it be something that can be treated and not colic Gonna keep praying that he feels better. On a good note... hes nice and healthy and hes doing good... Hes now 7 lbs 14 oz and 21 in. When he was born he was 7 lbs 5 oz and 20 in Love our lil Man! ♥

Quote:
AWWWWWW!! BEST FEELING EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
Hello all!
Was at L&D sunday for a migraine that wouldn't go away. I was afraid of B/P being up to high so I went. They gave me demerol and phenergan shot. Slept the day away. My doc was on call, told me I had a lousy crevix. My hubby got a kick out of that!
Seen him in the office on Monday, doing a 24 hour u/a today and back in tomorrow. I'll be 36 weeks on thursday. I think if my results are bad enough I will be induced real soon.
Dr. never told me how to get cervix ready...I think he just wants it to start changing so induction will be better and c-sec won't be neccasary.

Sorry for the spelling...head still hurts...ears are stopped up. Feel like crud.

I love the nursery pics!!
Oh my word!! I hope you feel better and maybe that baby is ready to be outta there!! Keep us posted hun
Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 AM   #1278
Senior LCF Member

It's about 5:40am, and I've been up with Ben since about 4. And I didn't go to bed until about midnight because I was up working. At least he's in a good mood, just WIDE awake But he keeps smiling at me, which makes it awful hard to stay mad! And I have to go into the office today, and our compny CEO is in town, so I'm sure I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Yes, I am here! Just nothing to report. James is good, eats, sleeps, farts. Oh, smiles and rolls too! He should laugh soon. I am good too, same old stuff. I am happy drama free though. I do not need a lot to be content.
We have been taking James into the pool and he likes that a lot.
Ben's not rolling yet at all, but he has started a little giggling here and there. I'm excited for him to really get going with the giggling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
I feel terrible for him cuz nothin helps. Ive tried baby gas drops, Gripe water, tummy massages, bicycling his legs and just walking him. I switched to a sensitive formula for gassiness last night so Im hoping maybe thatll help.
Sounds like gas to me, especially because you said he's moving his legs - that helps them work the gas out. I know you said you tried gas drops, but no one told me this, so I will tell you and hope maybe it helps - the gas drops will NOT help on their own; you have to continue burping or moving his legs to make the gas drops work because all the gas drops do is turn a bunch of smaller gas bubbles into one big gas bubble, not make the gas go away.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:06 AM   #1279

James moves all day long, just wiggles everywhere. So, I knew he would roll fast. Plus, he is small and smaller babies tend to roll faster.
He woke up at midnight and was wide awake and all smiles. DH and I looked at him like he was crazy and both went back to sleep. Guess he did too!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #1280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hi everyone! So Brandon is crawling now, he is growing up way too fast! *sniff sniff*

DH is such a germophope....he is deathly scared that we have cats and that Brandon may touch a surface that the cats sat their asses on and then put his hand in his mouth and get sick and die or something. It is making me crazy. It also makes me sad. He won't let him crawl around the living room or dining room floor because of this. He is letting his germ fears get the best of him. He truly has horrible anxiety over this and I am so afraid that Brandon is now going to pay the price. Whenever I am alone with Brandon, I let him crawl and just wash his hands up after, but if DH knew I did that, he would probably file for divorce. He only lets him crawl on the bed and he knows that he crawls at daycare. I don't feel it is safe to let him crawl on the bed because he can be so fast and go off the side in no time and I don't feel comfortable that I can reach him fast enough being that I'm so pregnant now.

I have tried to give DH links and news articles that show it is actually good when babies grow up with animals (helps their immune systems etc) but he ignores them. We fight about this all the time. I am so sad about this right now....it is so frustrating.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 07-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #1281

MY dog just walked by licked James on the face and sat down almost on top of him.
Have you told your husband he needs to get help for this, it will ruin your lives if you just ignore it.

Last edited by suzanneyea; 07-11-2012 at 07:46 AM..
Old 07-11-2012, 08:08 AM   #1282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, I tell him all the time, but I don't think he will ever try to get help. We fight over this a lot. I know he is embarassed by it and he gets very defensive when I bring it up. He has gone as far as admitting he has a problem with germs, but he feels that it is better to be cleanly anyway so what's the harm. I don't want Brandon to see us fighting over this.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:09 AM   #1283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank goodness he goes to daycare, so at least I know he gets crawling and floor time there.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 AM   #1284
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Happycat - what a tough situation. I have cats too - I'm worried more about their random tufts of hair on the floor that the baby might try to eat than anything else. though my one cat is less than cleanly sometimes. I do worry about it - but then realized I have been living ok with it - the baby will too. I could see how that fear of the dirt could take over though. What about throwing down a large bedsheet on the floor that the baby could crawl around on that hasn't been touched by the cats? That's what I do sometimes. GL!
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 07-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #1285

Happycat - I agree with suzanne, this will ruin your lives. He needs help and fast because Brandon is going to be everywhere soon! Take care of it now.

Oregon - I am sorry! Youre not out of the game until TOM arrives! I wonder what is up with the long cycle? I had one last month too and I have never had one.

JaxonsMomma - Sounds like gas to me too, which my Dr. actually says IS colic. DS had it from 5-8wks and it was miserable. You have to burp them constantly and all day long. I have heard great things about Gentle Naturals Tummy Soother drops. You can find them on Amazon. Of course I didnt hear about them until after DS's colic went away but I keep it in mind in case the next baby needs it!

Jilly - hope you get to bed early tonight!

As for me, O should be here like any minute. DH and I have been getting busy all week and I am tired. Gonna keep at it until that temp jumps!

Old 07-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1286
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Oregon and Pocahontas - gl! Your time will come

JaxonsMomma - I don't have any words of wisdom. I know Sam tended to get gassy when I laid him flat on his back. that is pretty much why he never slept longer than 45 min at a time in his bassinet. I wish you and Jax all the best - hope you see improvement soon!

Jilly - hope you get to catch up on your rest soon. I hear you on the wanting a job that stays at the job! I often have to bring stuff home as well.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #1287
Senior LCF Member

Well, one big project at work done, sent out this afternoon. I have another big one going on that is due August 3, and that ill still eat up a lot of my time, but it's better than working them both concurrently. I may actually sleep tonight

I got myself back to low-carbing as of yesterday. I have done well - yesterday was a protein shake, 2 bunless cheeseburgers, sugar free Slurpee and pack of almonds (stopped at 7-11!), chicken thighs marinated in light barbecue sauce with a side of broccoli florets all topped with shredded cheddar, and 2 whole grain "coco pops" (these lo-wcarb crispy round things...) topped with melted cheese. Today, I've had a protein shake and 2 hotdogs with cheese and low-sugar ketchup (sans buns), and I have some chicken sausages defrosted to cook for dinner, likely with a side of baby brussels sprouts. I feel confident about sticking with it if I've managed to make it through these two ridiculously busy days without going off track. Of course, then my husband comes home excited because he has a coupon for a free peach milkshake from Chick-fil-a... THOSE MILKSHAKES ARE SOOOO GOOD!!! That is all :P
Old 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #1288
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Still no AF, cramping, etc. I have a call in to my doctor to see if I should go in for a blood test. I'm on CD 40, which is 7-10 days longer than my normal cycle. So weird! Stupid body... On another note, I'm getting back on low carb tomorrow after losing and gaining the same 10 pounds for the past 2 months. I'll do really well, then go off of for a weekend (or more) and gain it back. I'm up to 250 again, 10 pounds from my highest. ARG. I'm so disappointed in myself, I was down below 200 2 years ago and have just about gained it all back. I've been dealing with a back injury lately, so the lack of activity certainly doesn't help.

Jilly- Good for you, sticking to it when things are busy/stressful is so difficult!

Happycat- I agree with the other ladies- unless your husband talks to someone, it will only get worse. Sorry you're going through this, while caring for Brandon and being pregnant! I cannot imagine!

Shana
Old 07-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #1289

Good for you ladies getting back on LC! I have been sticking to it for a few weeks but I am askeered to weigh. I was teetering too close to my all time high and I was 30 lbs lighter last summer so I am not a happy camper right now. I did go off a bit last weekend and paid for it with cankles! Sodium and carbs dont treat me well, you would think I'd have learned my lesson! Anyway its great to have the support here too. I have been posting my daily menus in the ML to stay accountable.

lizzy - Hang in there sista! You are so close to the finish line. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #1290
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
24 hour urine results were not good...nurse called and told me that they were extremely high, Go in Friday morning for another NST and an ultrasound then she another dr, mine in off on Fridays, at 1pm. Said if anything else is wrong will be induced this weekend, if not I won't make it to 38 weeks. Bed rest only, and keep b/p down.
I know by Fri afternoon B/P will be up just from nerves and being up away from bed for so long.
Closed Thread