Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #1231
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Eventually Jaxon won't need to feed every 3 hours, I think in month two once the doctor was satisfied with weight gain he said we could switch to on demand feeding rather than 3 hr scheduled. Sometime in month 3, Sam started to sleep 4 or more in a row but still woke for feelings at night. It's only been 6 mo, that he skips the night feeding occasionally. I read that at this age if he wakes at the same time every night it's habit rather than need.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #1232
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I think I woke up with Kyle for maybe 2 months if I remember right. He was doing well so I started to let him sleep and feed on demand. He woke once a night for a LONG time, and for a long time I let him. Eventually I just stopped going in to him and he'd go back to sleep.

Beach was nice. HOT.
Taking kyle to daycare tonight so I can get some things done for the trip
Old 07-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #1233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Aww ty ladies! Thats super helpful to know!!
Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 PM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
well update...
pitting edema in my feet, 2x a week NST plus visits, Dr is watching closely and just waiting to "pull the trigger". Told me to do everything I could to get my cervix ready so it will be easier to induce. I don't think I'll be to much longer. Protein keeps going up....B/P also.
Bedrest...heat....ahh.....joys of pregnancy....
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #1235
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Want to share some photos of Ben's monster nursery, but don't want to have to open up a new account on something like PhotoBucket, so let's see if this works at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Thats awesome that he is sleeping that long through the night. I was wondering how it works when Jax gets older... now I am waking him every 3-4 hrs for a bottle. So by the time I go to bed... I usually wake up around 2am for a feeding and then around 5 or 6 for a 2nd feeding and then I just feed again when we wake up around 830 or 9. So when he gets older...do I not have to wake him up during the night for the feedings? Do u just feed on demand? I hate waking him up when hes so peaceful. Im so clueless abt how everything progresses as he gets older. I try and read as much as I can abt everything.
Ben is a little over 3 months old and still wakes once or twice per night. We feed on demand, so if he's not ready for a bottle before bedtime, he'll wake twice because it will have been longer since his previous bottle, but if he has a bottle around 8 or 9 and then goes right to bed, he only wakes once overnight and then again between 5-6am when he wakes up for the day. He still eats about every 3-4 hours throughout the day as well. The only time he consistently goes longer than 4 hours is for his first stretch of sleep right when he goes to bed. Whenever he wakes up for his first nighttime bottle, he'll eat again about 4 hours after that, but he does sometimes go up to 6 hours between bottles when he first goes to sleep (so like 8pm and then no bottle again until 2am or so).
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
well update...
pitting edema in my feet, 2x a week NST plus visits, Dr is watching closely and just waiting to "pull the trigger". Told me to do everything I could to get my cervix ready so it will be easier to induce.
What exactly do you do to "get your cervix ready?"
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 07-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #1236
Senior LCF Member

Okay, I can see that picture I just posted, but let me know if you guys can. I copied the URL of the photo from my Facebook...
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #1237

That is adorable!! Where did you find the monster stuff?

Best of luck lizzy
Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #1238
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
That is adorable!! Where did you find the monster stuff?
Oh, good, I'm glad you can see it!

I found that set online. It's a relatively common brand carried by BRU and Target, but neither seemed to carry THAT design in stores, of course :P I think BRU did have it on their website, though.

Now that I know you guys can see pics from FB, I will post more - BEWARE!

This one shows the monster mobile - I bought a used mobile, took the decorations off it, and replaced them with little stuffed monsters I bought on Amazon

This is a quilt custom embroidered by a family friend:

That same friend custom embroidered a lightswitch cover as well - how cool is that?!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #1239

Omg! I'm in love with it seriously!! I have been thinking about how to decorate a little boys room if we have another. We did our son's in blue camo. Fitting fort marine husband I don't like a lot of the little boy stuff. I'm going to keep this in mind!
Old 07-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #1240
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Jilly, so cute!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #1241
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Love the nursery!

I was going to ask the same question, how does one ready their cervix? I never heard such a thing. Do you just give it a pep talk? Lol
Old 07-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #1242
Senior LCF Member

Jilly I love that!! Its so unique and adorable. I love that light switch cover! Ty also for the info abt what I can look fwd to in a few months

Lol Im with the others of how the heck u ready a cervix? Ive heard that Evening Primrose stuff supposedly works? No clue tho. Good luck and hopefully itll be soon
Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #1243
Senior LCF Member

Lol funny moment of the night... my sis came with my BIL to pick up my mom and head to Houston 2mrw AM. Well she has big boobs (I used to have gigantic ones before my reduction) anyways she was holding him and getting ready to give him a bottle lol and he turned his head as if to suck on her boob. I about peed my pants laughing. Lol especially cuz shes not familiar with babies and feels like shell break them so she def didnt expect that haha. Too cute
Old 07-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #1244

Too funny Jax! I remember my son trying to "feed" when others were holding him. Guess he was hungry
Old 07-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #1245
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Sam has done that to my husband when he is really hungry and DH is holding him in the same position as I normally feed him.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #1246
Senior LCF Member

Lol too funny!!
Old 07-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #1247
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Love the monster nursery!! What a cute idea

Timing was good this cycle. I'll be testing in about 6 days. Trying not to get my hopes up.

I'm gaining weight. I've cut the sugar out, but clearly my lack of exercise and over consumption of starchy foods is catching up with me. I have not weighed, but I can tell. I'm putting on weight for sure. Do you guys this it's okay to go down to induction levels and restrict calories while TTC? I can lose 2 pounds a week eating 2000 cals a day, so restricting for me would be about 2300 per day.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 07-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #1248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
Jilly- That monster nursery is one of the cutest baby boy nurseries I have ever seen! It's too perfect!

saponaria- I think it's awesome you are having baby #7! I want a big family too! Right now I am on #3 but I want 4-6 at least
Old 07-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #1249
Senior LCF Member

Just a little update from me:

I had my GD test almost 2 weeks ago and the lady who drew my blood afterwards said they would call me if I failed. Well, 2 weeks later still no call so I guess that is good and means I passed! But I am holding off on celebrating because...I don't know, I guess I am in denial that I could have passed it. Since I had GD with my last pregnancy (and even though I lost 60 lbs in between) I just assume the worse I guess. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and I will know for sure if I passed it or not. And hopefully I will be doing one of these numbers

In other news, I haven't been following my low carb diet recently because I just can't afford it I've been eating a lot of noodles and cereal because it is cheap... Ugh...maybe in a few months we will be able to pay off some of the debt we have unfortunately amounted...but until then I will try to eat LC if I can but it's not looking good.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:58 PM   #1250
Senior LCF Member

worst*
Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #1251
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
Just a little update from me:

I had my GD test almost 2 weeks ago and the lady who drew my blood afterwards said they would call me if I failed. Well, 2 weeks later still no call so I guess that is good and means I passed! But I am holding off on celebrating because...I don't know, I guess I am in denial that I could have passed it. Since I had GD with my last pregnancy (and even though I lost 60 lbs in between) I just assume the worse I guess. My next appointment is in 2 weeks and I will know for sure if I passed it or not. And hopefully I will be doing one of these numbers

In other news, I haven't been following my low carb diet recently because I just can't afford it I've been eating a lot of noodles and cereal because it is cheap... Ugh...maybe in a few months we will be able to pay off some of the debt we have unfortunately amounted...but until then I will try to eat LC if I can but it's not looking good.
Congrats on the passing the GD! Im pretty sure they woulda called by now but like u said..ull know for sure when ya go in. As far as low carb on a budget... do u guys have an Aldi's or a cheaper end grocery store? I agree that it is more expensive to eat Low Carb cuz theres never coupons for meat and produce which sucks Lol to be blunt. But I try to go to the cheaper stores to load up on the dairy products and canned goods and then what I cant get there...I go to the main grocery stores and just watch for sales on the produce and meat. I think the biggest thing we spend money on is the produce...cuz i have to shop for that once a wk since we either run out or it doesnt stay fresh much past that. I have been meaning to go to the Farmers Market cuz u can get great deals..but ehh with the baby just arriving, i didnt have time. I know that mac n cheese and spaghetti and stuff like that is super cheap especially with kids to feed.. but maybe u can still get them that kinda stuff and splurge on some low carb stuff for u. What about lunch meats and cheese? Those arent too bad. Eggs are always on sale...i eat a ton of those. Id try to just sit down with some sales ads and your budget and see what ya can work in
VLCD1 after Loading:170.0(+3.8lbs)
VLCD8:/Total wk 1:+1.4 (TOM damn it!!) Total loss with Load=5.6 w/o = 2lbs.. Inches= -2
VLCD9 (9/24/12)= 164.2
Old 07-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #1252
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Love the monster nursery!! What a cute idea

Timing was good this cycle. I'll be testing in about 6 days. Trying not to get my hopes up.
that its a BFP!!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #1253
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the monster nursery compliments I need to go to a Hallmark store and see if their Ugly Dolls are still on sale; last time I was there, they were 50% off!

Ben is becoming more independent recently. He's perfectly happy playing on his playmat or sitting in his coaster seat for a good 30 minutes at a time whereas he used to get fussy after about 10 minutes on one "apparatus." It has made it easier for me to get things done without feeling like I'm boring him by just sitting him on his Boppy lounger. He's really grabbing toys and stuff now and "talking" to his little animal toys a lot. It's so amazing to watch them develop

He also must be going through another growth spurt because his usual bedtime is about 8:30, but last night, he fell asleep on the couch around 6:45 and never woke back up! I even tried to WAKE him up by changing his diaper and changing his clothes to pajamas arounf 8pm, but he just fell back to sleep on the changing table. I thought for sure we were in for a night of him being wide awake by 2 or 3am, but no, he slept like his normal sleeping schedule *phew*

On the low-carbing front, I've still been doing terribly food-wise. But I bought some chicken thighs, hot dogs, and burgers this past week in "club packs" and just spent some time splitting it all up into smaller portions to freeze. I left out enough of each to be able to have a meal of each for dinner during the week plus cook some extra to have for lunches.I also have a ton of cheeses and some sandwich ham, so I can't complain about not having anything good to eat in the house!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Do you guys this it's okay to go down to induction levels and restrict calories while TTC? I can lose 2 pounds a week eating 2000 cals a day, so restricting for me would be about 2300 per day.
Induction levels are just fine while TTC or pregnant, and 2300 calories doesn't sound too restricted - I'd be concerned if you were aiming for like 1200 as some do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
Doesn't it suck how expensive some things are? I stock up on frozen veggies when they're on sale. I also buy the big family packs of meat and then divide up myself into smaller portions and freeze. If you have room for a second freezer, I was able to get mine for free from someone on Craig's List, and it would definitely be helpful to be able to really stock up when you see a good sale. I still haven't gotten back to low-carbing yet, but I need to - eating all these carbs keeps me constantly hungry!!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #1254
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I stock up on frozen veggies when they're on sale. I also buy the big family packs of meat and then divide up myself into smaller portions and freeze. If you have room for a second freezer, I was able to get mine for free from someone on Craig's List, and it would definitely be helpful to be able to really stock up when you see a good sale. I still haven't gotten back to low-carbing yet, but I need to - eating all these carbs keeps me constantly hungry!!
I do the same thing...go to Costco or Sams or any of the meat sales and stock up and then split them down to portions We def need a deep freezer but idk where wed put it. We have a 2 car garage but DH feels the need to fill it with his project car and then the dog run/kennel thing and of course all his tools, junk and USMC crap. I feel the freezer should take priority lol!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #1255
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Hi Ladies,

Checking in. We just got back from a family camping trip up in Washington. Lots of fun, and the weather was gorgeous! I expected AF to arrive, but no sign. I'm on day 37 of my cycle and hadn't detected ovulation with my temps. Maybe I ovulated early and I missed it? It's weird, because this is the longest cycle I've had. No spotting or signs AF is around the corner. I am going to test tomorrow. Trying not to get my hopes up.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:49 PM   #1256
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Hi Ladies,

Checking in. We just got back from a family camping trip up in Washington. Lots of fun, and the weather was gorgeous! I expected AF to arrive, but no sign. I'm on day 37 of my cycle and hadn't detected ovulation with my temps. Maybe I ovulated early and I missed it? It's weird, because this is the longest cycle I've had. No spotting or signs AF is around the corner. I am going to test tomorrow. Trying not to get my hopes up.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #1257

Food now a days is outrageous! I shop for 6 kids weekly and sometimes I can't believe how much I can spend. And I have to buy "good" stuff. I'm lucky I live on base and have the commentary which is significantly cheaper.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #1258
Senior LCF Member

The nearest Aldi to me is about 35 minutes away. And the nearest Sam's Club is also about 35 minutes away. I try to buy most of my meat at Walmart or pay attention to sales at my local grocery store, but I always have to be careful because I have a small freezer that is always really full and I have no chest freezer.

I think my biggest problem is not being able to buy fresh produce since that is pretty expensive. And my small freezer. But I like Jilly's suggestion of looking on Craigslist for a free one. That would be awesome!

It might still be a while before I can get back on LC we are having sudden financial problems with owing the IRS money and just recently having to start paying off college loans.

Thank you for the suggestions/ideas
Old 07-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #1259

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies! Wow, I missed a lot this weekend.

Love, love, love the monster nursery!

Jaxonsmomma - I never woke DS to feed him. My Dr. said not to worry about it unless he had probs gaining weight and he didnt. At his 2 wk appt he was back up and over his birth weight so all was good.

Carlini - This week should be my O too so we are tryng to cover every day.

Chalagurl - Congrats on passing your GD test!

Oregon - I am on pins and needles, test girl!

DP - Food is def pricey these days! We are just a family of 3 and spend a ton even with shopping the relatively cheap farmers markets, etc.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #1260
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
I work tonight, so I will be testing tomorrow morning. No cramping, no symptoms. I'll let ya'all know asap.
Closed Thread