Old 06-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #1081
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Nope. Slow as heck. It's hard because I have nothing to look forward to. Thankfully in 3 weeks I go home and then I find out the sex at the end of August. Time should start to go a little faster since I have some things to countdown to at least.
Aww I hope so! Home will def help and make ya feel better or atleast it always did for me. Aug will be here before ya know it! We did the optional testing I cant remember what it was called..not an amnio but its a genetic ultrasound they check the fluids around the neck etc and do blood draws from the mom. It was done at 13 wks and they told us then it was a boy. The Dr said he was 100% sure but that we could wait til our 18 wk if we wanted to announce it. We didnt have any genetic issues that ran in either of our fams. But our insurance covered it lol and I couldnt wait any longer to know the sex lol.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #1082
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
The down syndrome tests? Is that an ultrasound? I can't remember. I have another appointment right when I get back from NY for those genetic tests.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #1083
Senior LCF Member

Umm yes. It checks for downs and some other ones. The way they do it is noninvasive by blood samples and then checking the amount of fluid around the head and neck area I guess. Then if that comes back abnormal then they recommend the amnio. Ours was fine and we got to find out the sex I wouldnt have done it if our insurance didnt cover it but it did so why the heck not??
Old 06-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #1084
Senior LCF Member

Nuchal translucency screening | BabyCenter there ya go
Old 06-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #1085

I had it done with our son but I don't remember it being an ultrasound. It might have been. But yeah that's what I'm doing too. I want to wait for the sex until my mom comes though
Old 06-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #1086
Senior LCF Member

Well thatll be cool then cuz shell be excited to experience it with ya Im sure
Old 06-23-2012, 10:20 AM   #1087

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Well thatll be cool then cuz shell be excited to experience it with ya Im sure
Yeah. Since dh won't be here
Old 06-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #1088
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i took my mom and mother in law to the u/s yesterday, they were thrilled to be included. truth be told, hubby is out of town and was bummed he couldn't make it, but since they're both the grandmas i figured they were next to know.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #1089

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
24 u/a was positive....I have pre-e.
Are they going to induce or do a c-sect? Hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post

Those of you that have breastfeed in the past, when did your TOM return?
Mine came back the day LO turned 5 mo old. I nursed him for 14 mo.

Quote:
In CA, this is part of the basic prenatal care now. I think you can opt out but if you dont, its automatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
i took my mom and mother in law to the u/s yesterday, they were thrilled to be included. truth be told, hubby is out of town and was bummed he couldn't make it, but since they're both the grandmas i figured they were next to know.
Cool!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #1090
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Aww thats awesome!! I know my Mom woulda been thrilled to go but I did mail them some of the u/s pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
In CA, this is part of the basic prenatal care now. I think you can opt out but if you dont, its automatic.
I didnt know that! Thats pretty cool Here in TX they said its optional but that its made available to everyone. I guess most insurance covers it but maybe not some of the ones with high deductibles etc?
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #1091

Quote:
Hhmmm, I'm going to be over 13 weeks and 6 days? I turned 13 weeks today and my testing won't be done until I'm 17 weeks
Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #1092
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
I had that test done as well. It screens for the trisomal disorders - down's syndrome being one of them. My ob said depending on the results of that test we would decide if should pursue further testing if needed.

I did not want to know the sex until birth. DH really did want to know but he was a sweetie and let me have it myway. I promised for the next one we would find out early.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #1093
Senior LCF Member

Just had to share this... not sure if any of you are familiar with Happy Blankie? I got one in the mail yesterday from one of my military wife friends whos in Germany! It is so soft and awesome and she sent it as a gift for the baby. So cool!! Plus, I didnt realize that the founder of the company who is a little boy.. is from my hometown. What a small world!

Sorry abt how big it is...for teh life of me i cant get it to shrink down ever.. grr

Last edited by JaxonsMomma2012; 06-23-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #1094
gab
Major LCF Poster!

It's adorable! Never saw that kind before
Old 06-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #1095
Senior LCF Member

The website is Everything Happy but basically for every blanket or product you buy, one gets donated to a charity (like an orphanage, childrens hospital or shelter) out of a list of places across the united states. Its sucha cool concept
Old 06-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #1096

Adorable blankie!

I wanted to come share this recipe for those of you are eating LC. It's George Stella's LC Raspberry Drop Scones. Someone posted about it on the ML the other day and I just made them, they are really good and super easy to make!

2 large eggs, beaten until frothy
1 cup almond flour (see recipe here)
1/3 cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the raspberries, and mix well to create a batter.

3. Gently fold the raspberries into the batter and use a tablespoon to drop 6 evenly spaced scones on the lined pan (about 2 heaping tablespoons for each scone).

4. Bake for about 15 minutes until scones begin to lightly brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the parchment paper and serving warm.

Helpful Tip:

If your batter is too thin to hold any form at all, simply add more almond flour until it is the consistency of a loose cookie dough.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #1097
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Adorable blankie!

I wanted to come share this recipe for those of you are eating LC. It's George Stella's LC Raspberry Drop Scones. Someone posted about it on the ML the other day and I just made them, they are really good and super easy to make!

2 large eggs, beaten until frothy
1 cup almond flour (see recipe here)
1/3 cup bulk sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup fresh raspberries

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

2. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients, except for the raspberries, and mix well to create a batter.

3. Gently fold the raspberries into the batter and use a tablespoon to drop 6 evenly spaced scones on the lined pan (about 2 heaping tablespoons for each scone).

4. Bake for about 15 minutes until scones begin to lightly brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the parchment paper and serving warm.

Helpful Tip:

If your batter is too thin to hold any form at all, simply add more almond flour until it is the consistency of a loose cookie dough.
Umm that sounds and looks amazing! I was just tellin my friend the other day that I never buy raspberries cuz Idk what to use them for lol. Now I do! Do u know the carb count?
Old 06-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #1098

Those blankets are cute! I like the idea. I don't think I'll be spending that much money on a blanket though

Oh cookies look yum. I'm trying to stay away from anythingq sweet right now because it triggers me
Old 06-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #1099
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
This thread is so active now, it's hard to keep up! I love how much everyone is getting involved!

I decided to back off a little on all of the testing/temping/checking. It's making me crazy! We're just BD'ing every other day for 2 weeks and temping (so I have something to turn in to my doctor). I feel better already, dropping the OPKs. It's too much sometimes. I'm just trying to relax and enjoy my time being newly married. On another note, it seems everyone around me is getting pregnant. It's heartbreaking and hard not to be inpatient.

Andi- Those scones look tasty! I'll have to try them soon. Thanks for posting the recipe for us.

Shana
Old 06-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #1100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
This thread is so active now, it's hard to keep up! I love how much everyone is getting involved!

I decided to back off a little on all of the testing/temping/checking. It's making me crazy! We're just BD'ing every other day for 2 weeks and temping (so I have something to turn in to my doctor). I feel better already, dropping the OPKs. It's too much sometimes. I'm just trying to relax and enjoy my time being newly married. On another note, it seems everyone around me is getting pregnant. It's heartbreaking and hard not to be inpatient.

Andi- Those scones look tasty! I'll have to try them soon. Thanks for posting the recipe for us.
Good luck and I think you have a great attitude with the way your going about it. Have fun and try not to stress and just enjoy each other. So much easier said than done tho
Old 06-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #1101
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Those blankets are cute! I like the idea. I don't think I'll be spending that much money on a blanket though

Oh cookies look yum. I'm trying to stay away from anythingq sweet right now because it triggers me
Lol I agree that I have trouble saying No once I start making a sweet...even if its LC. I have been staring at a can of pumpkin I have in the pantry...for the past few days but just havent broken down and made anything yet lol.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #1102
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Wow, we're a fast moving group! I'm scheduled to be travelling on exactly the day I'm supposed to ovulate
Old 06-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
Wow, we're a fast moving group! I'm scheduled to be travelling on exactly the day I'm supposed to ovulate
I hate when that happens. The last 2 months we have had pretty good timing but like the day before and the day of O only. Ideally I would like to get started earlier than that but we have either been out of town or had guests staying and DH is soooooo not into that. I have read in TCOYF that you should get started either when you enter your fertile window or when you see EWCM because sperm can live up to like 5 days or something in utero. So, if you can squeeze a few romps in before you go, that might work! Good luck! LOL

Last edited by pocahontas; 06-24-2012 at 03:48 PM..
Old 06-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #1104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Lizzy-I hope you're doing okay....I'm so sorry you have pre-e! That was something they constantly watched me for with my first and I had to do two of those horrid 24 hour urine collections. My protein was kind of high, but my blood pressure stayed under 140/90 so I was never diagnosed. They said that my protein was probably higher to begin with and they wanted a baseline. So on the second test when the number stayed about the same, they weren't terribly concerned. But I was always worried it would happen. Scary stuff.

As for me, I've now got my first yeast infection ever. OMG. O.M.G. I am so glad I made it to 39 years old without ever getting one of these. It is absolutely awful! At least this is what I and the nurse at the OB believe it to be. I called in on Friday and explained my symptoms. I assumed it was a UTI gone out of control (although I've never had crazy symptoms like that with a UTI, usually when I've had a UTI, I don't feel much of anything.....) So, the nurse said it sounded like a yeast infection and to do the monistat 7 day course. She said if I don't feel better by Monday then I need to come in and be seen. I've done two days of treatment so far (wow, do those suppositories make you feel sooooooooo sexy!) and it is starting to feel a bit better. I read on google university that yeast infections can be common in pregnancy, especially the second trimester which is where I am smack dab in the middle of right now. I don't wish one of these on my worst enemy! Okay, my my worst enemy.....

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 PM   #1105

I had one when I was a teenager. It was AWFUL. I remember being so embarrassed to tell my mom but I was in so much pain it was unbearable. I sat in a tub of warm water for hours
Old 06-24-2012, 04:51 PM   #1106
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Lizzy-I hope you're doing okay....I'm so sorry you have pre-e! That was something they constantly watched me for with my first and I had to do two of those horrid 24 hour urine collections. My protein was kind of high, but my blood pressure stayed under 140/90 so I was never diagnosed. They said that my protein was probably higher to begin with and they wanted a baseline. So on the second test when the number stayed about the same, they weren't terribly concerned. But I was always worried it would happen. Scary stuff.

As for me, I've now got my first yeast infection ever. OMG. O.M.G. I am so glad I made it to 39 years old without ever getting one of these. It is absolutely awful! At least this is what I and the nurse at the OB believe it to be. I called in on Friday and explained my symptoms. I assumed it was a UTI gone out of control (although I've never had crazy symptoms like that with a UTI, usually when I've had a UTI, I don't feel much of anything.....) So, the nurse said it sounded like a yeast infection and to do the monistat 7 day course. She said if I don't feel better by Monday then I need to come in and be seen. I've done two days of treatment so far (wow, do those suppositories make you feel sooooooooo sexy!) and it is starting to feel a bit better. I read on google university that yeast infections can be common in pregnancy, especially the second trimester which is where I am smack dab in the middle of right now. I don't wish one of these on my worst enemy! Okay, my my worst enemy.....
Ugh that stinks!! I've also heard that its common during pregnancy. I didn't get one but maybe it's caused by the increase in discharge? Not sure though. Hopefully you'll feel better soon!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:37 AM   #1107

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I got a lot of them during my first trimester, I forgot about that! And my the third trimester I had to wear a pantyliner all day. Pregnancy is just gross!
For those trying, do not get to upset. We tried and tried after Andrew was born to have another baby, did three rounds of IVF. I just turned it over to God. And here I am at age 40 with a new born, lol. God and and I clearly did not have the same game plan! Stressing will not get you pregnant any faster. Just eat healthy and take care of yourself, that is all you can do.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:09 AM   #1108
gab
Major LCF Poster!

-4lbs woo hoo

It is just amazing how much Sam has grown in the last 4 weeks. I never realized how different 6 mo could be for an infant. He doesn't have that newborn cry any more. He is sort of independently mobile - rolling with purpose almost, he tracks things so much better - when he drops a toy he actually looks to see where it went, and he is just so interested in everything around us.

We have babies in the library this morning.

Last edited by gab; 06-25-2012 at 04:35 AM..
Old 06-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I got a lot of them during my first trimester, I forgot about that! And my the third trimester I had to wear a pantyliner all day. Pregnancy is just gross!
For those trying, do not get to upset. We tried and tried after Andrew was born to have another baby, did three rounds of IVF. I just turned it over to God. And here I am at age 40 with a new born, lol. God and and I clearly did not have the same game plan! Stressing will not get you pregnant any faster. Just eat healthy and take care of yourself, that is all you can do.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:13 AM   #1110
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/240(16 weeks pregnant)/130
WOE: JUDDD
Hey, Ladies! Tomorrow is the day I've been dreading since getting pregnant! I have my GD test tomorrow. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow

I had GD with my last pregnancy and even with following their diet plan perfectly they had to put me on large amounts of insulin (they kept raising it, it was crazy!) Even so, my blood sugars were never where they wanted them to be so I ended up getting induced a week early. I was sooo miserable the last few months of that pregnancy and I don't want to go through that again. Especially the needles.....ugh.

I feel somewhat confident because I managed to lose about 65 lbs between last pregnancy and this one, but you never know...

Also, please keep me in your prayers: The baby hasn't been very active the last few days and I've been having weird pains in my back and sometimes stomach that I never had with any other pregnancy (or at least I don't remember them) I think it is too early to start kick counts since I am only 24 weeks, but I might try anyway.
Closed Thread