Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 04:58 PM   #811
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
I hope it's just that too. No spotting right?
No

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
I sleep in 3 to 4 hour spurts....baby wakes me up and wont settle down for an hour.

My mom made me mad today. Came over,walked in, dog was barking woke me up and scaried me. Went to DD19 room and then left. Didn't say anything to me at all.
I'm locking my door all the time now.
DD19 said thast she called her phone left a couple a messages but her phone was on virbrate. Mom called my phone once, I didn't hear it cause I was sleeping.
Last week she made a comment about me sleeping so late.
It just pissed me off.

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:22 PM   #813

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
I sleep in 3 to 4 hour spurts....baby wakes me up and wont settle down for an hour.

My mom made me mad today. Came over,walked in, dog was barking woke me up and scaried me. Went to DD19 room and then left. Didn't say anything to me at all.
I'm locking my door all the time now.
DD19 said thast she called her phone left a couple a messages but her phone was on virbrate. Mom called my phone once, I didn't hear it cause I was sleeping.
Last week she made a comment about me sleeping so late.
It just pissed me off.
Oh that's a big no no in my book!!

Well it was a bathroom issue feeling much better. I made a nice fiber filled smoothie for tomorrow morning. I guess I need more veggies.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:06 PM   #814
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
When did you first feel the baby kick Sharon? I can't wait for that. I can wait for the jabs to the ribs
I never got any jabs to the ribs. And I never noticed Ben "drop," so he was pretty high throughout my entire pregnancy.
Quote:
Do u like your video?
I really do - it's actually easier for me to see him on the monitor than to have to get up and walk across the room to check on him. There were a lot of complaining reviews about the one I got about how it's not portable, but I like it because it has a nice big screen as opposed to the little ones that look like iPods.
Quote:
I made a nice fiber filled smoothie for tomorrow morning. I guess I need more veggies.
Or fat! I actually find that lots of fat gets things "moving" for me better than fiber ever did. I am not above popping a tablespoon of plain butter in my mouth to suck on in between meals!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 06-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I never got any jabs to the ribs. And I never noticed Ben "drop," so he was pretty high throughout my entire pregnancy.

I really do - it's actually easier for me to see him on the monitor than to have to get up and walk across the room to check on him. There were a lot of complaining reviews about the one I got about how it's not portable, but I like it because it has a nice big screen as opposed to the little ones that look like iPods.

Or fat! I actually find that lots of fat gets things "moving" for me better than fiber ever did. I am not above popping a tablespoon of plain butter in my mouth to suck on in between meals!
I didn't need to read that first thing in the morning

Slight cramping in my lower abdomen still. Feels like I did a lot of crunches. Should I be worried? I am a little.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:32 AM   #816

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Vegetables actually slow things down for me. If I go too much, a few vegetables will stop it. Fat is what gets things moving for me.
I am weird pains and cramping all through my pregnancy, I never worried about it.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #817

I was having weird pains at the beginning which I remember from my first pregnancy. This is a different feeling. I'm not going to worry because that will make it worse! I feel ok, no bleeding or spotting....

I'll try some fat then. I can go for a big old scoop of peanut butter!
Old 06-12-2012, 04:56 AM   #818
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
DP, it could be round ligament stretching, or just uterine stretching/growing in general. thank god there's no bleeding! a good strong cup of coffee always helps to get things working too

i had a dream about babies r us last night. it involved the mob stealing my envoy and a brawl over a kardashian jacket. prego dreams are so weird.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #819

Lol. I have very vivid dreams when I'm pregnant too.

I'm a moody mess today and I have a headache
Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 AM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Looks like we're having a service for my father in CT next weekend. I checked Amtrak, and that would cost about DOUBLE the cost of flying, pus it would be 6.5 hours each way! So, Ben and I are flying - his first time on an airplane. Heh, the first time I was on an airplane was when I was 16 years old!

Luckily, my mom and sister are driving up together, so they will bring up a pack n' play and a bouncy seat for him. I just have to figure out the carrier/carseat and stroller. We're flying Southwest, and it's luckily a direct flight that's barely over an hour, so hopefully he will be okay during the actual flight.

One thing I do want is a carrier so I can wear him in the airport and on the plane (though I know he has to be out of it during takeoff and landing). I have a Moby, but it gets SO hot, and whenever I have it tight enough to feel secure, it squishes his face against my chest, which he doesn't like. I have an Infantino carrier that someone gave me, but the material isn't very soft, and it has a million straps and clips, so I don't know that I could use it well by myself and potentially in tight spaces. I found some Bjorns for sale locally on craigslist for $25-35, but then I did some further reading to find that they actually aren't good for baby's legs, hips, or spine because they put all the weight on the baby's crotch and leave the legs hanging straight down. Of course, the better ergonomically-designed carriers are in the ballpark of $100+, which I can't justify for something I don't think I'll use very often. Ugh. I'll poke around a couple consignment shops in my area and maybe post on Facebook to see if any of my local friends have a good carrier I can borrow just for the trip.

Meanwhile, Ben slept in his crib again last night. Again, he woke up twice (as per usual) for bottles and went right back to sleep after each. And both mornings, he woke up around 6am in his crib, but I was NOT ready to get up yet, so I left him there by himself for about an hour, and he just wiggled and made some noises but never got upset or cried. I'm so lucky he's so easygoing
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #821
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
I was having weird pains at the beginning which I remember from my first pregnancy. This is a different feeling. I'm not going to worry because that will make it worse! I feel ok, no bleeding or spotting....

I'll try some fat then. I can go for a big old scoop of peanut butter!
Lol sounds good to me!

Ladies... have a great day! Im off to the baby Dr to find out if Im dialated. DP hope your feeling better
Old 06-12-2012, 08:15 AM   #822
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Hi everyone - we are back from our whirlwind weekend. Soooo many babies this weekend - we were at a first birthday for my gf's twins. There were at least a dozen babies under 1 and at least as many toddlers all running around.

the trip was nice though traveling with a baby for the longer car rides is a bit tough. Somehow he doesn't understand that he should only need a diaper change when we are at rest areas we stopped at one point last night because he was so fussy - I thought he wanted to nurse but he had no interest in that so I thought maybe a gas bubble, so as I pat him, he then spit up down my shirt, all over the backseat, his outfit, and his blanket. When I was in college, I could do these trips without stopping sometimes. This weekend it took f. O. R. E. v. E. r. Lol

Jaxmommie - best of luck
Dp - hope you are feeling better
Jilly - a couple of mom's told me they held their baby throughout the flights even nursing them on the takeoff/descent to help with the pressure changes in their ears. It is only as they are older - like 2 - they get them their own seat more for comfort than anything.
Liz - 3xmy iPad changed your name to Kizzy (I don't know why weird autocorrect) anyway - I always sleep late. Only when I have things in the exterior world like appts, classes, work do I get up early. I have always been that way since I was an infant.

Sending baby dust to those that need it!!
Goal: MUCH LESS!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:17 AM   #823
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
Im off to the baby Dr to find out if Im dialated.
It's almost time! Keep us updated if you can.

We were originally going to wait until October after our cruise, but we've changed our mind and are going to start TTC next cycle. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I'm still having that cycle issue, but we'll try anyway. In the meantime I'll schedule an appointment with an OB or RE, and get back to a LC diet ASAP!

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by CARLINI; 06-12-2012 at 08:18 AM..
Old 06-12-2012, 10:07 AM   #824

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
DP, it could be round ligament stretching, or just uterine stretching/growing in general. thank god there's no bleeding!
I was going to say the same thing! I had it off anf on through my whole first tri and then some with DS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I'll poke around a couple consignment shops in my area and maybe post on Facebook to see if any of my local friends have a good carrier I can borrow just for the trip.

Meanwhile, Ben slept in his crib again last night. Again, he woke up twice (as per usual) for bottles and went right back to sleep after each. And both mornings, he woke up around 6am in his crib, but I was NOT ready to get up yet, so I left him there by himself for about an hour, and he just wiggled and made some noises but never got upset or cried. I'm so lucky he's so easygoing
We absolutely love our Ergo. My MIL bought it for us for my baby shower. DS loved it but not so much now that he runs around everywhere. They are pricey though, borrow one if you can!

So glad he is sleeping in his own bed! What a good little man you have.

Well DH threw his back out again. This is the second time this year. I dont know what he doing but its almost like he has a pulled muscle or something near his side. He had to pop a Vicodin last night but seemed better this morning. I am in the waiting to test game now, I hate this part!

Old 06-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Still having back cramps off and on. Along with cramps in the front. I hope I just getting ready.

really wanting a cheeseburger.....
Old 06-12-2012, 11:14 AM   #826

Quote:
Still having back cramps off and on. Along with cramps in the front. I hope I just getting ready.

Sounds like youre getting there! Have that cheeseburger, girl!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #827
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
It's almost time! Keep us updated if you can.

We were originally going to wait until October after our cruise, but we've changed our mind and are going to start TTC next cycle. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. I'm still having that cycle issue, but we'll try anyway. In the meantime I'll schedule an appointment with an OB or RE, and get back to a LC diet ASAP!

Have a great day everyone!
Awww congrats and baby dust your way!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:51 PM   #828
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Lol thats like me every day. I love SONIC jr double cheeseburgers no bun lol
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 PM   #829
Senior LCF Member

Well I ended up seeing the NP cuz my Dr got stuck in surgery. Apparently Im not dilated or effaced. Oh well. Lol shes like "Wow Hes all up in your ribs huh?". Lol umm yes... thats how hes been all pregnancy. Hes dropped alil finally tho. Anyways everything else is good and I go for my final Drs appointment next Thurs. Oh they did the strep B test today too so I guess theyll call me if that comes back positive. Went to Sams Club and grabbed some more diapers 2day and some formula, batteries for our swing lol cuz im pretty sure thatll be my best friend. Lol and got myself a much needed pedi It was amazing! Very relaxing day indeed!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:56 PM   #830
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
I was going to say the same thing! I had it off anf on through my whole first tri and then some with DS.

We absolutely love our Ergo. My MIL bought it for us for my baby shower. DS loved it but not so much now that he runs around everywhere. They are pricey though, borrow one if you can!

So glad he is sleeping in his own bed! What a good little man you have.

Well DH threw his back out again. This is the second time this year. I dont know what he doing but its almost like he has a pulled muscle or something near his side. He had to pop a Vicodin last night but seemed better this morning. I am in the waiting to test game now, I hate this part!

Ive heard alotta good things abt Ergo. Im planning on getting one. They get alotta good reviews for comfort and I like that Hubby can use it without feeling too girly lol. How old was your LO when you started using it?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:03 AM   #831
Senior LCF Member

I'm working from home today because I have to pick Ben up a little early from daycare because my daycare provider has to go have a root canal this afternoon. I do NOT envy her! I'm a bit tired since Ben woke up around 5:30am for his second "night" bottle (a little later than usual), so I just stayed up instead of trying to go back to sleep for only a few minutes. I normally get up between 7-7:30. Meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
the trip was nice though traveling with a baby for the longer car rides is a bit tough. Somehow he doesn't understand that he should only need a diaper change when we are at rest areas we stopped at one point last night because he was so fussy - I thought he wanted to nurse but he had no interest in that so I thought maybe a gas bubble, so as I pat him, he then spit up down my shirt, all over the backseat, his outfit, and his blanket. When I was in college, I could do these trips without stopping sometimes. This weekend it took f. O. R. E. v. E. r. Lol

Jilly - a couple of mom's told me they held their baby throughout the flights even nursing them on the takeoff/descent to help with the pressure changes in their ears. It is only as they are older - like 2 - they get them their own seat more for comfort than anything.
ha, thi is exactly why I'm not driving to CT! It would normally be about an 8-hour drive, I think, but add a baby to the mix, and I know if could easily be 12 hours instead He did well on the 4-hour trip to/from Va Beach, but I think anything more than that would be a challenge.

I will definitely be holding him on my lap - you're not required to purchase a seat for children under 2 years, and I'm certainly not jumping at an opportunity to pay double the airfare if not needed! I don't nurse (as much as I tried and wish I could), but I thought having him in a wearable carrier would at least give me a little more freedom to move my arms and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
We were originally going to wait until October after our cruise, but we've changed our mind and are going to start TTC next cycle. I'm so excited I can barely stand it.
How exciting - have fun, and good luck!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Yeah, my concern with the Ergo is definitely the price. My father's passing has set us back even more on getting our townhouse ready for renting, so that's an additional $1400 we're shelling out monthly to cover that mortgage until we get tenants in there. And the trip to CT itself is going to be about $500 for the flight plus rental car. I hope someone has one I can borrow, and if I really like it, I'll keep checking on craigslist, consignment shops, and eBay for a more affordable one.
Quote:
So eat one! :P Even though I know it's a bit of a "fankenfood," I do like McD's double cheeseburgers...with EXTRA cheese, no pickles, and no bun!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:03 AM   #832

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I have a baby bjorn, but just ordered the ergo today.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #833
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Chalagurl
Stats: 245/212/130
WOE: Chose More Lose More Carb Cycling
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2013
Hi ladies! I just found this thread 2 days ago and have gone and read all the posts and I'm so excited I found you! I had just started Atkins before getting pregnant and loved it, but when I found out I was pregnant I stopped because I was afraid of how it might affect my baby. I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have already gained 30 lbs

With many of you having done low carb all or part of your pregnancy and having perfectly healthy babies, now I am convinced that it is time to go back to low carb now! As opposed to waiting until after baby is born!

Since I have been eating use amounts of carbs, how low do you suggest I go? I was following the Atkins induction phase (20 g per day) but would that be too low to start now with being pregnant?

Thank you in advance for all your advice ladies and I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #834
Senior LCF Member

So eat one! :P Even though I know it's a bit of a "fankenfood," I do like McD's double cheeseburgers...with EXTRA cheese, no pickles, and no bun![/QUOTE]

Lol I just had one of those the other day but didnt do the extra cheese and I love pickles hahah. I get grossed out thinking about it cuz my parents would always get our family Boxer double cheeseburgers when shed go for car rides. Lol weird, i know. But hey when your prego.. its a quick portable meal lol and for $1!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #835
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalagurl View Post
Hi ladies! I just found this thread 2 days ago and have gone and read all the posts and I'm so excited I found you! I had just started Atkins before getting pregnant and loved it, but when I found out I was pregnant I stopped because I was afraid of how it might affect my baby. I am now 22 weeks pregnant and have already gained 30 lbs

With many of you having done low carb all or part of your pregnancy and having perfectly healthy babies, now I am convinced that it is time to go back to low carb now! As opposed to waiting until after baby is born!

Since I have been eating use amounts of carbs, how low do you suggest I go? I was following the Atkins induction phase (20 g per day) but would that be too low to start now with being pregnant?

Thank you in advance for all your advice ladies and I look forward to getting to know all of you!!!
I didnt do Atkins or LC for the first trimester and def paid the price. I am 38 weeks and have finally leveled out at about 38 lbs. But man I learned my lesson when I went wayyyy overboard and felt like crap. As far as what to set your carbs at... I read that if your doing it during pregnancy that you should do the maintenance stage because its safer. I personally have set my daily goal to 100 but I usually dont go that high. Umm Id say to do atleast 50 or 60 because of needing fruits and vegetables for the vitamins for baby I def dont eat any potatoes unless its occassionally a 1/2 of sweet potato. I dont do any processed starches unless its dreamfields pasta or a low carb version of bread or cereal. Ive relied alot on meats, cheese, pork rinds lol and green veggies/salads.

Hope this helps? I am fairly new to this board too and its def awesome to have other LC moms to talk to Cant wait til my lil man gets here so I can get back into Induction and shed this weight ASAP!
Old 06-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #836
Senior LCF Member

Ladies... how do or when do I... get the ability to have a signature? Ive never known a forum where I like have to wait to get one? Lol. Ive checked under options etc and theres never a place for one.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #837
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Id say to do atleast 50 or 60 because of needing fruits and vegetables for the vitamins for baby
That sounds good. I was thinking of doing 50-100. I'm not a big fruit eater, but this would give me the option since I have been craving them this pregnancy. I will make the switch to low carb tomorrow. Maybe if it goes well for a few days/weeks, I will try to lower it even more. We will see. Thank you for responding
Old 06-13-2012, 12:00 PM   #838

Quote:
Ive heard alotta good things abt Ergo. Im planning on getting one. They get alotta good reviews for comfort and I like that Hubby can use it without feeling too girly lol. How old was your LO when you started using it?
We bought the infant insert too and used it right away. DH loves that it isnt girly.

chalagurl! When I was pg, I just added fruit, unlimited veggies and some steel cut oats. I didnt count anything but that seemed to work great for me. I only gained 12 lbs throughout my entire pregnancy!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #839
Senior LCF Member

I never fully introduced myself, so here is some background info:
My name is Chantal and I am married with 2 daughters (4 and 2 years old) I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes with my last pregnancy and it was horrible! They gave me a meal plan to follow which consisted of 150-200 carbs a day! I followed it perfectly and my blood sugars were rising like crazy. Eventually they had to put my on insulin (this resulted in hours and hours of crying since I'm afraid of needles) but somehow I managed to get over my fear for the safety of my daughter I often wonder if I was allowed to go lower with my carbs if I would have needed insulin. I remember one day I went as low as 75g in a day and they freaked out and yelled at me....ugh. Ironically my readings that day were great! I wish the medical field was more accepting/understanding of low carb lifestyle. Anyway....

After my daughter was born, I was so traumatized by my GD experience that I vowed to lose weight before getting pregnant again. I started out with Weight Watchers and lost some 30 lbs but I was miserable and hungry the whole time! After my brother started low carb with great success, I decided to join him, and lost another 30 lbs, yay!

Fast forward to today, I am 22 weeks pregnant will be tested for GD at my 24 week appt. I am soooo nervous since I have been eating high carb/processed foods since being pregnant and have gained so much weight. I don't want GD this time...I only hope that after tomorrow when I start low carb again, that it will be my saving grace! Wish me luck guys

By the way, I am having a boy as it seems most of you are having/have had recently! I'm so excited/scared! I've heard boys can actually be easier going which would be great
Old 06-13-2012, 12:47 PM   #840
Senior LCF Member

pocahontas, 12 lbs throughout pregnancy is great! What are steel cut oats?
Closed Thread