Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #781
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I was sick every single day with James.
The whole pregnancy? Please give me hope that this will end!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2012, 01:39 PM   #782

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I must admit I was thrilled to give birth at 37 weeks this time!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:47 PM   #783
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
I must admit I was thrilled to give birth at 37 weeks this time!
Lol I hear ya.. Im over the waiting game.
Old 06-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #784
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I tried castor oil...and everything else in the book! I still had to be induced 14 days after my due date!

I love we have a pool in our development too. We can walk there whenever.
Lol did it make u have crazy diarrhea? Its just a laxative right? What makes it recommended over any other type of laxative?
Old 06-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #785

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Lol did it make u have crazy diarrhea? Its just a laxative right? What makes it recommended over any other type of laxative?
I don't know what it is. It's is nasty and strong and made me want to vomit all over! Not worth it at all!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #786
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I don't know what it is. It's is nasty and strong and made me want to vomit all over! Not worth it at all!
Lol yuuuckkk
Old 06-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #787
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Whew, got our townhouse cleaned out yesterday with the rented truck and did 2 coats of the grout sealer in the master bath today. Of course, while at the townhouse, I noticed the tile ceiling in the half bath in the basement is sort of caving in, so we're going to have to find a handyman type person to help us out with some small projects like that. My dad used to help us with that kind of stuff

I didn't get any priming or painting done in the bathrooms, but I did also make successful trips to Home Depot (ran out of grout sealer!), Unleashed (needed bones for the dogs), and the grocery store.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - Ben is such a good baby! We took him with us to the townhouse, and he was perfectly happy laying on a folded up blanket on the kitchen floor (since there is no furniture in the house) watching the ceiling fan over the dining area. We were there for a few hours at least, and the most fussing he ever did was on the car ride home, but even that wasn't too bad.

Last night, he had a botle around 5:30pm, so we figured he'd have another around 8:30-9:30pm and then go to bed since he stil eats every 3-4 hours, even at night. Well, he must have been insanely sleepy because he fell asleep around 8pm and didn't wake up for a bottle until 3:30am! So he went 10 hours without eating. Jeff had stayed up waiting for him to wake up for a bottle before Jeff went to bed, but by about midnight, he finally gave up and came to bed. Good thing because it was another 3.5 hours until he did finally wake up! Now, if only he would go 10 hours between bottles when he eats at 8pm, we'd be golden :P

I've determined that giving Ben an extra ounce of formula in his first night bottle isn't actually helping him sleep longer at all; he still wakes up 3-4 hours later for the next bottle. But I don't want to cut that bottle down to 4 ounces since he sometimes has those random looong stretches between bottles, so I don't want to decrease the total amount he gets throughout the day. And he doesn't spit it up, so he must be fine with the 5 ounces. Ped had said he would likely be up to 6 ounces per bottle by the time he's 4 months, but he's 11 weeks now and still at 4, and he doesn't act hungry immediately after a bottle, so we're not even bumping them all up to 5 yet.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 06-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #788
Senior LCF Member

OH, and Ben will be sleeping in his crib in his own room tonight. This is not because I Want him out of our room, but rather because our room REEKS from the fumes from the grout sealer I used in our bathroom. I wore a mask and gloves while using it, and I could feel my eyes burning a bit. I am just not comfortable with his tiny little lungs breathing that in all night. We have 2 windows in our bedroom, and I had them both open plus 3 fans going (one blowing out each window and one blowing out from the bathroom) plus the exhaust fan on in the bathroom, but I can still smell that stuff. And so, Ben is actually in his crib asleep right now. I have both an audio and video monitor going. And I've already gone in there twice to check on him even though he's only been in there for about 20 minutes but he is sound asleep. The way our house is laid out, our master bedroom isn't near the other bedrooms - there's a laundry room, stairway, and hallway in between. I know there is a very real possibility that I end up sleeping in the guest room (right next to the nursery) at some point tonight, possibly with Ben in the guest bed with me :P
Old 06-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #789

Looks like you'll need to invest in a monitor!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #790
Senior LCF Member

Aww I hope I get a lucky as you and Jax is a good baby! Lol I joke that he has gave me no problems in the womb so I hope that attitude carries over when he gets here we are planning on havin him sleep in a bassinet for the first 2 months then move him to his nursery. We got a pack n play that has a built in changing table and bassinet on top so hopefully he likes it! are u BF at all or just formula?
Old 06-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #791
Senior LCF Member

I should say the pack n play is in our room
Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 AM   #792

My son was awesome in my womb and an awesome baby too! It can happen. Lol

Our son wouldn't sleep in a bassinet. We tried for weeks and finally gave in and put him in bed with us. We are going to try again with this baby and pray it works.

My monday started earlier than I wanted when I was woken by a text from the dad of my daycare kids asking if he could come now (over an hour and a half early!). Um...I was still in bed , had to shower and get ready, and take care of the dogs. I told him no! I felt bad but come on!!!
So I hope the week doesn't follow this path
Old 06-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #793
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Quote:
My son was awesome in my womb and an awesome baby too! It can happen. Lol
I have to say Brandon was this way (good in the womb and on the outside). This new baby....I am getting concerned. He feels like he is trying to punch his way outside of my uterus! I woke up at 3:30 this morning to these painful jabs. And it took him at least an hour to settle down, no matter what position I tried. I don't remember Brandon every waking me up....he seemed to sleep when I slept. I hope that the difference is the position of the placenta. With Brandon, it was in the front, where with this baby it is in the back. The ultrasound tech warned me that I would feel this baby much faster and a lot more....he wasn't kidding! And I'm wondering, how on earth did a drum set get in my womb this time around?

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 06-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #794

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies! All this baby talk has my baby fever working over time! If this cycle is anything like my last 2, I should be O'ing today with a temp jump tomorrow morning. We have had great timing, the last 2 days covered and again tonight . I am not looking forward to the 2ww, its so stressful!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:11 AM   #795
Senior LCF Member

Ben slept like a champ in his room last night! He woke for his two usual night feedings, but went right back to sleep after each. Plus, my husband and I got to *ahem* act like an actual married couple in our own bed for the first time since before Ben was born
Quote:
Looks like you'll need to invest in a monitor!
I have both a video and audio monitor. I didn't intend to have both separately, but before he was born, I figured I'd be fine with just the audio, so that's what I registered for and recieved. But now that he's here, I wanted the video monitor, so I bought the cheapest one I could find, which got poor reviews on the audio part, so I use both :P The video monitor stays in our room (it's like a little tv, not handheld, so it stays plugged in), and the audio reciever is portable to carry around the house with me.
Quote:
Aww I hope I get a lucky as you and Jax is a good baby! Lol I joke that he has gave me no problems in the womb so I hope that attitude carries over when he gets here we are planning on havin him sleep in a bassinet for the first 2 months then move him to his nursery. We got a pack n play that has a built in changing table and bassinet on top so hopefully he likes it! are u BF at all or just formula?
Ben was good throughout my pregnancy, too - just a little stubborn with his positions during ultrasounds! We have the same setup you described - he normally sleeps in a pack n' play (the raised "bassinet" level) in our room. I was thinking I wanted to keep him in our room until at least 3 months, but last night worked out really well, and I can actually see him better on the monitor than I can from across the room, so I got out of bed less frequently to check on him even though he was in another room.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Hi ladies! All this baby talk has my baby fever working over time! If this cycle is anything like my last 2, I should be O'ing today with a temp jump tomorrow morning. We have had great timing, the last 2 days covered and again tonight . I am not looking forward to the 2ww, its so stressful!
Good luck!!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #796

When did you first feel the baby kick Sharon? I can't wait for that. I can wait for the jabs to the ribs

Major tummy distress today. If its not one thing it's another!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #797
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I have to say Brandon was this way (good in the womb and on the outside). This new baby....I am getting concerned. He feels like he is trying to punch his way outside of my uterus! I woke up at 3:30 this morning to these painful jabs. And it took him at least an hour to settle down, no matter what position I tried. I don't remember Brandon every waking me up....he seemed to sleep when I slept. I hope that the difference is the position of the placenta. With Brandon, it was in the front, where with this baby it is in the back. The ultrasound tech warned me that I would feel this baby much faster and a lot more....he wasn't kidding! And I'm wondering, how on earth did a drum set get in my womb this time around?
Thats how Jax is... my placenta is anterior so I didnt start feeling his movements til I think 20 or 22 weeks. Everyone kept asking me and Id get so frustrated cuz I wanted to feel it so bad lol. But yeah he pretty much sleeps when I do. Hell be really active in the morning and right before I go to bed. Altho idk what sleeping is anymore.. My insomnia is back in full force. Last night I didnt even lay down until 330am when Hubby was gettin up for work. Couldnt actually sleep til 430am and then was up at 11. Ughh. I hate that. I used to have it really bad before I got prego so I guess its back again. Boo!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #798
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post

Hope you all had a great weekend!
Wohoo!! Good luck!!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:55 AM   #799
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Ben slept like a champ in his room last night! He woke for his two usual night feedings, but went right back to sleep after each. Plus, my husband and I got to *ahem* act like an actual married couple in our own bed for the first time since before Ben was born

I have both a video and audio monitor. I didn't intend to have both separately, but before he was born, I figured I'd be fine with just the audio, so that's what I registered for and recieved. But now that he's here, I wanted the video monitor, so I bought the cheapest one I could find, which got poor reviews on the audio part, so I use both :P The video monitor stays in our room (it's like a little tv, not handheld, so it stays plugged in), and the audio reciever is portable to carry around the house with me.
:
Do u like your video? We ended up getting the combo one too cuz I found it online for like a 1 day sale. It looks pretty clear when we tested it out. I have the monitor set up on my nighstand with his bottle warmer/cooler lol all ready to go. Then Ill keep the audio only one and take that around the house
Old 06-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #800

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post

Good luck!!
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! and thanks!

Quote:
Wohoo!! Good luck!!
Thank you!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:10 AM   #801
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Quote:
When did you first feel the baby kick Sharon? I can't wait for that. I can wait for the jabs to the ribs

Major tummy distress today. If its not one thing it's another!
Hi DP, it was about 6 weeks ago (I remember because I was in the waiting room in my doctor's office and I felt some "flutters"---and I was supposed to come back for an appointment in 6 weeks and I go see this doctor again on Wednesday). So, I'm 23 weeks tomrorrow, so I guess I was about 17 or 18 weeks.

I'm trying to enjoy these "jabs" but when they wake me out of a deep sleep at 3:30 am, and don't stop for another hour, I'm not enjoying them as much as I guess I should!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #802
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Hi DP, it was about 6 weeks ago (I remember because I was in the waiting room in my doctor's office and I felt some "flutters"---and I was supposed to come back for an appointment in 6 weeks and I go see this doctor again on Wednesday). So, I'm 23 weeks tomrorrow, so I guess I was about 17 or 18 weeks.

I'm trying to enjoy these "jabs" but when they wake me out of a deep sleep at 3:30 am, and don't stop for another hour, I'm not enjoying them as much as I guess I should!
I felt my first flutters around 18w, I remember I was driving and singing along to an old 90's TLC song. I feel thumps here and there, nothing regularly spaced out, but yesterday I felt a big jab while I was on the phone, it surprised me and I said oh! I just went for a wander around the office and felt some more movements on my right side, baby acrobats going on in there. I'm too chubby to feel anything from the exterior, my husband keeps trying to feel a kick but I tell him, it's just fat!

I have an appt tomorrow and can't wait to reschedule the U/S, everyone keeps asking me about the last one and I'm like -- I don't know!!!!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #803

James was my nightmare pregnancy. I was so sick the whole time. I was just depressed and miserable. But, he is an amazing baby!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:40 PM   #804

Quote:
James was my nightmare pregnancy. I was so sick the whole time. I was just depressed and miserable. But, he is an amazing baby!
I hate that you had such a rough pregnancy

I love being pregnant, and even though I'm sick now, it's tolerable. I hope this baby is just as good!

Ah. I can't wait to feel those kicks. I rememeber feeling my sons (I think I was about 18 weeks).
Old 06-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #805
Senior LCF Member

Lol I enjoyed most of this pregnancy minus having to face the # on the scale. My dr kept tellin me not to weigh but yeah right. Hubby's solution was "I'm gonna just keep getting you pregnant cuz I love your belly and then u won't worry about your weight!" lol he's such an idiot sometimes lol. I do love him tho!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #806

I did not weigh myself until the last week! or I should say, I did not look.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:59 PM   #807

Quote:
Lol I enjoyed most of this pregnancy minus having to face the # on the scale. My dr kept tellin me not to weigh but yeah right. Hubby's solution was "I'm gonna just keep getting you pregnant cuz I love your belly and then u won't worry about your weight!" lol he's such an idiot sometimes lol. I do love him tho!
My dh said the said thing! He said he loves me pregnant because I'm more laid back and he finds pregnant woman sexy. I don't get men sometimes!

I'm a little worried tonight. Having some cramping and it kind of hurts
Old 06-11-2012, 03:20 PM   #808
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/296/140
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
I'm a little worried tonight. Having some cramping and it kind of hurts
Keep us posted.

Good luck Andi.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #809

Quote:
I did not weigh myself until the last week! or I should say, I did not look.
That's amazing willpower!
I weigh once a week.

Thanks carlini. I'm hoping I just have to go to the bathroom. That's kind of what it feels like. I took some tums and am going to try to eat something mild.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #810
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That's amazing willpower!
I weigh once a week.

Thanks carlini. I'm hoping I just have to go to the bathroom. That's kind of what it feels like. I took some tums and am going to try to eat something mild.

I hope it's just that too. No spotting right?
Closed Thread