Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #751
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Awww, Jilly, I'm so sorry. It is good you are able to keep busy though and be around people, that helps so much.

Your situation with the townhouse sounds exactly like what we did. We also have a townhouse in addition to our new house. We still lived in the townhouse while we renovated the entire new house (it took almost a whole year). So, we were paying two mortgages then. Then we had to do some renovations on the townhouse once we moved into the new house so we could put the townhouse up for sale. Well, it sat on the market for 2 months with hardly any interest, but the second we put it up for rent, (like that day!) we had three offers to rent and two of the parties got into a somewhat bidding war. The rent barely covers our mortgage, in fact we still have to pay a bit more out than we get in because of insurance, landscaping, etc. But, in my area at least, it is more of a renter's market than a buyer's market.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #752
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
So, I had the 20w U/S yesterday and baby wouldn't budge for the shot of the business! Everything else is perfect, brain, heart, kidneys, weighs about 12oz, but baby was sitting indian style and NOT moving those legs for nothin. I think at one time the baby gave me the finger too. DH flew in from his jobsite for this appt so we both walked outta there like --- huh. how about that. Sooooo.... still don't know what we're cooking!
KQT-that is so funny about the indian style sitting! How uncooperative! But at least you got to see the most important thing, that your baby is healthy....my doctors would always say that people put too much importance on finding the sex of the baby and don't realize that the scan is really an anatomy scan which is the real purpose of it. Do they have you going back for a follow up at all? I'm going back next Tuesday for part 2 so they can get a better look at the 4 chambers of the heart. She doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong, but they just couldn't get the best view the first time. I am sure my weight doesn't help matters.

As far as my scans (for this baby and for Brandon), they were both NOT shy about showing us they were boys (future 'prawn' stars??)! But I've heard so many stories like yours....very shy babies too!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #753
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
We ended up doing three anatomy scans. The first one, Sam was in wrong position for good view, so had to go back a week later. Then the third was at 39 weeks to check his weight. - that's when they thought they found a possible issue with one of his heart valves s then we had to do a fetal echocardiogram. In the end, everything was just fine.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #754
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

In the last few weeks, I had an ultrasound every single week....it was crazy! Not everyone was a growth ultrasound either, a couple were biophysical profiles. They kept predicting he was going to be a huge baby (possibly over 10 pounds) so they induced me at 39 weeks. Ha....I was a little shocked when they announced his weight at 7 lb, 4 oz. I hope all those ultrasounds they made me have don't affect him later in life. I wonder if they'll insist on the same for this baby. They sure liked billing my health insurance though....I'm sure!
Old 06-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #755
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
They were worried he would be close to 10 lbs as well. Then during delivery the nurse announced 11 10...my husband and both had our eyes bug out The nurse noticed and immediately said "that's the time! 11:10 am". Lol

He was 8 lbs 15 oz
Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #756
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Gosh- we rent out a home too that we own. It's hard stuff, and even harder since we live 5 hours away now. We took a lot less than our mortgage and pay a property manager. The couple living there is resigning a new lease though and paying closer to our mortgage starting in August...thankfully!

I had a zillion ultrasounds with my son too. I got in a really bad car wreck when I was 34 weeks. Put me into labor. They kept checking him. I liked seeing him all the time
Old 06-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #757
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Next week I start going every week. At 32 weeks FNST every week. I hope I get another scan soon. I worried about how big this baby is going to be. I am also worried about losing all the weight I have put on.
60 pounds so far.....
Getting back to LC....getting off the insulin.....swelling to go back down.....get blood pressure back down.

I am so tired of being pregnant. Hurts to move, turn over, and I have a chest cold to boot!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 PM   #758
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
We would have happily sold the townhouse, but we owe so much more on it than we could sell it for now and don't have the $60-70k sitting around to cover the difference! Even with the rent, we'll still be paying about $600 a month to cover the difference between what we get in rent and what the monthly mortgage + escrow is. It would even help if we could at least refinance to a lower interest rate to lower our total monthly payments, but no one will let us refinance when we're so upside-down (which I think is stupid because it's still the same principle balance on the same home as it is now...). Everyone seems pretty optimistic that we'll find a renter quickly. I hope so!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 06-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #759

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
We would have happily sold the townhouse, but we owe so much more on it than we could sell it for now and don't have the $60-70k sitting around to cover the difference! Even with the rent, we'll still be paying about $600 a month to cover the difference between what we get in rent and what the monthly mortgage + escrow is. It would even help if we could at least refinance to a lower interest rate to lower our total monthly payments, but no one will let us refinance when we're so upside-down (which I think is stupid because it's still the same principle balance on the same home as it is now...). Everyone seems pretty optimistic that we'll find a renter quickly. I hope so!
We were in the same spot. We owe too much. We only too a $300 a month hit but still..I never stop thinking about what we could have done with that money. After 2 years we are finally able to up the rent so we almost have the mortgage covered.
We actually found our renters on Craigslist! They have been great!!
Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #760

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
The end of pregnancy is tough. I was scared about losing the weight too, but it just fell off. As long as you eat on plan, you will lose the weight no problem.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #761

Gallery: pocahontas
lizzy - Hang in there! You are almost at the end and will be snuggling that baby soon.

gab - They predicted DS to be nearly 10lbs as well. My BP shot up at 36 wks and by 38 wks they said it was an induction or a c-section because I was heading towards pre-e and baby needed to come out. I opted for the c-section (which I loved, btw) at 38 wks and he was 8lbs 8oz. My doctor actually called him tiny because she was expecting him to be much bigger!

Its just about O time and my inlaws are here for the night. I hope they leave early tomorrow so we can catch the egg!

Old 06-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #762
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone! Update on Brandon---he is sitting up now! I was so worried that he wasn't at 7.5 months. DH is such a germophobe and wouldn't dream of letting Brandon play on the floor. But, he worked late last night and I plopped my pregnant self on the floor wtih him and played with his toy piano for about 20 minutes. By the end, he was sitting up by himself for quite a while! i am so relieved. He was probably ready to, but just wasn't given enough opportunity. DH and his germophobiness, that is a whole 'nother show though.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #763

Yay Sharon

Andi- we conceived on vacation at a relatives house. When there's a will theres a way
Old 06-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JaxonsMomma2012
Stats: 170 after Load/164.2/138-140
WOE: HCG Subq RX
Start Date: 09/14/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I was low carb for my pregnancy and was 157 when i gave birth, but that was 37 weeks, so I would have gained more. I went back to zero carb after the birth and lost the weight very quickly. I am now 117, which is heavier than I was before, but I like my new weight. I am 5 5 and used to weigh about 112. However, at 40 I looked a bit too thin.
My baby just got his 2 month shots today.
Staying low carb for pregnancy can be very hard, but so worth it.

That is awesome and very encouraging!!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Soooo... Today I lost my mucous plug... Tmi I know! Lol. I haven't had any bleeding tho or severe contractions. I'm scheduled for a c section on the 27th so well see if he comes early or not. I see my Dr on Tues so she'll check me
Old 06-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #766

You are getting so close! Do y mnd me asking why you are scheduled for a c-section?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:13 AM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Ready to start an exciting weekend of chores :P We pick up the rental pickup truck at noon, head to the townhouse to clean it out and mow the lawn, come back to our house (the two are about 50 minutes apart), and put everything away (though much of it will be trash). Then I have some grout sealer I bought to seal the tile grout in our full bathrooms since the grout currently absorbs water when we shower (not good). I also have primer, paint, and ceiling paint for both our master and second full bathrooms (little did we know when we moved in that the nice clean white walls and ceilings in the bathrooms were merely contractor-grade primer, not painted at all, so they, too, absorb water when we shower!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
Soooo... Today I lost my mucous plug... Tmi I know! Lol. I haven't had any bleeding tho or severe contractions. I'm scheduled for a c section on the 27th so well see if he comes early or not. I see my Dr on Tues so she'll check me
I lost my mucous plug the night before I went into labor! I know some lose it earlier, though. Keep us posted!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Lol yes it is but we actually planned it. We got pregnant in one try so were very lucky. We didn't want to wait another year + to be able to concieve. I had a great pregnancy with my son so I'm hoping for the same.

Right now I'm just trying to eat anything. I have NO appetite and am constantly on the verge of throwing up. I'd like up stay mostly LC yes. I gained 45 pounds with my son, like to keep it closer to 20 this time!
Maybe your having a girl then! I got no morning sickness w Jax. Lol wish u would have so I wouldn't have ate so much first tri. I have 18 days to go and as of yesterday I'm at 39 lbs. ugh. My dr said that's good but I feel like a whale lol
Old 06-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #769
Senior LCF Member

Wish I would have*
Old 06-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #770
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
You are getting so close! Do y mnd me asking why you are scheduled for a c-section?
He has measured bigger the whole time and my Dr gave me the option. I know ppl have mixed or biased opinions on that so I don't share it w most ppl. But in the end it's up to what my fam and Dr want and were all confident in our decision and well educated I was always going to be induced due to my husbands schedule. He works 14 hr days, an hr away in the oil field and there's always a possibility he could get sent to one of their locations that's 6 hrs away. Also it's my parents first grandkid and they live in OH so they wanted to be able to be here for it.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:33 AM   #771
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Ready to start an exciting weekend of chores :P We pick up the rental pickup truck at noon, head to the townhouse to clean it out and mow the lawn, come back to our house (the two are about 50 minutes apart), and put everything away (though much of it will be trash). Then I have some grout sealer I bought to seal the tile grout in our full bathrooms since the grout currently absorbs water when we shower (not good). I also have primer, paint, and ceiling paint for both our master and second full bathrooms (little did we know when we moved in that the nice clean white walls and ceilings in the bathrooms were merely contractor-grade primer, not painted at all, so they, too, absorb water when we shower!).

I lost my mucous plug the night before I went into labor! I know some lose it earlier, though. Keep us posted!

Part of me wants him to get here sooner but then my mom will miss it so I guess we'll see what God has in store! And you have a very busy wknd! Lol wanna come clean my house?!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #772

How are you going to do all that cleaning with a baby???
Old 06-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #773

I wish we could have chosen when to have our son! We live 13 hours from family so it was nerve wrecking. Kyle decided he wanted to come late so I was induced and it worked out well. How come the wont just induce and do a c-section instead? Or did you chose c-section? Sorry, just curious!

Went to the beach. Wow did that take everything out of me!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #774
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is my second boy. First one I had no morning sickness at all. This time was a tremendous amount of morning (all day actually!) sickness. I thought I was having a girl until the ultrasound proved otherwise. So, now I don't believe that old wive's tale about boys not causing morning sickness.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
This is my second boy. First one I had no morning sickness at all. This time was a tremendous amount of morning (all day actually!) sickness. I thought I was having a girl until the ultrasound proved otherwise. So, now I don't believe that old wive's tale about boys not causing morning sickness.
Lol thats what I hate about pregnancy..theres no like set rules or symptoms or signs etc. Every persona nd pregnancy is different. Lol drives me nuts!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:17 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
I have 2 girls 19 and 15....no morning sickness at all.
This time the first 14 weeks, could not eat anything but bread crackers and the like. SO SICK!!!!!!
I can eat some meat now, just not too much.
I'm having a boy.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #777

I think a lot of my morning sickness is my prenatal. I take it at night but I wake up when I take it too late

Just got back from the pool. Hit up the beach yesterday. I summer. I wish I had a job where I was off
Old 06-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #778

I was sick every single day with James.
Old 06-10-2012, 12:52 PM   #779
Senior LCF Member

I wanna do some castor oil but hubby isnt really feeling it. We'll see. I see my Dr on Tues Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Its about 100 here in TX today so I should prolly go to the pool. I love that our development has 2
Old 06-10-2012, 01:27 PM   #780

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxonsMomma2012 View Post
I wanna do some castor oil but hubby isnt really feeling it. We'll see. I see my Dr on Tues Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Its about 100 here in TX today so I should prolly go to the pool. I love that our development has 2
I tried castor oil...and everything else in the book! I still had to be induced 14 days after my due date!

I love we have a pool in our development too. We can walk there whenever.
Closed Thread