Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Alright, just went shopping and have lots of lc goodies. No excuses now!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #662
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
One day at a time, right? I stayed low-carb yesterday - my first successful full day in MONTHS. I do "cheat" in the eginning to get myself going. I include Atkins bars and NSA individual ice cream treats (1 of each per day). After the first couple weeks, I'll cut out this low-carb "junk" as well, but for me, they are tools to help me get back on track. Once I've got a firmer grasp on consistently staying low-carb, I'll get snobbier about my food choices

Alright, not much else right now since I am slowly pecking the keys with my left hand while Ben is asleep on my right arm
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 05-30-2012, 04:07 AM   #663

I gotatkins shakes yesterday. I've never had them but I thought Theyd be good for when I'm busy with the kids and hungry.

Iwoke up starving this morning! My appetite is coming back now. Too bad I still feel
Old 05-30-2012, 05:43 AM   #664

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I am taking it easy today, skipping my moms group. I will hit the grocery store and take a walk with James instead. He is now 12 pounds!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #665
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Brandon slept through the night last night in his crib without waking us once! DH even snuck into to check on him a couple of times and he didn't even stir then. His diaper was so wet this morning though, you could have rung it out, LOL! We had a really bad thunderstorm last night and he even slept through that. I remember when I was pregnant with him, he started moving around and kicking like crazy whenever we had a thunderstorm. I used to joke that he was either going to be a meterologist or be afraid to death of bad weather. So, maybe he's on track to be the next Sam Champion? Anyway, DH had to get up super early to go to work which means that I got no help this morning getting him up and around. But, he slept so well that I even got a chance to shave my legs! I just love that baby boy.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 05-30-2012, 07:51 AM   #666
Senior LCF Member

So, Wegmans carries these "Coco pop" things that I finally bought to try. They do have wheat, which I'm not crazy about, but they are only 4g total carbs each (and 1g of that is fiber since I got the whole wheat kind), so I bought some to try.
CocoFoods
They make a good vehicle for yummy things that I otherwise have a hard time finding ways to eat. For example, this morning I put the coco thingy in the microwave and then spread cream cheese and almond butter on it for breakfast. I LOVE cream cheese, but have a hard time finding things that are low in carbs to put it on (I hate celery!), so this was a good breakfast for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
He is now 12 pounds!
Ben was 12 pounds 1 ounce at his 2-month checkup last week, too I am so thankful his growth is back on track because the first couple weeks were rough when I was trying to breastfeed. He was born 7 pounds 11 ounces and dropped down to almost 6.5 pounds. Thank goodness for formula as an option for those of us who don't seem to make milk! I only wish they could tell me WHY I didn't make enough milk so I could correct it (if possible) for the next baby, but no one seems to have an answer for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
But, he slept so well that I even got a chance to shave my legs!
haha, the simple things we took for granted before having babies! I haven't shaved my legs in a couple weeks now I'm usually rushing to finish my shower in time to get Ben ready for bed (can't shower in the morning since my husband gets up and showers, and I have to get Ben up and ready for daycare).
Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #667

I just went to the grocery store and my husband came with me! I was so thrilled to have someone pack and unload the groceries! What a gift!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #668
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Jilly - I love to put cream cheese on pepperoni slices as a change from celery once in a while.

I got to go to the grocery store the other day by myself - so nice to actually be able to just put stuff in the cart and not worry about it falling on Sam. And be able to stop and look rather than have a little one complain the cart was not moving lol.

We just got home from his music class. He is sitting up almost on his own now (still a bit wobbly) and was actually really tracking people and songs today. He passed out now - so much going on that afterwards he almost always crashes. I think it is his brain's way of handling all the new input.

I'm off to the dentist in a few for a cleaning - blech! At least a cleaning is a nothing. Then back to my parents - her best friend is coming into town and hasn't yet met Sam.
Goal: MUCH LESS!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #669

I miss having help and I don't even have a newborn. It's going to be a long 6 months without dh
Old 05-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #670
Senior LCF Member

When I go grocery shopping, I leave Ben home with his dad. Even though the shopping itself is a chore, it's also a little time for me to get out and be alone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
I'm off to the dentist in a few for a cleaning - blech! At least a cleaning is a nothing.
Ugh, I hate going to the dentist. I think I was traumatized as a kid :P I was supposed to have a cleaning in March but cancelled because, well, I was 9 months pregnant, and it just wasn't happening! I know I need to reschedule, but I just hate it so much...not to mention I have no idea how hard pregnancy was on my mouth; my gums bled EVERY single time I brushed my teeth throughout my entire pregnancy! I know that can be a normal pregnancy side effect, but it makes me feel like my mouth must be in sad shape.

I was good girl today, though, and scheduled a doctor's appointment for myself. Since I've had weight loss surgery, I need extensive bloodwork done regularly, and I haven't had anything more than a CBC run since my first trimester, so I need a full workup. I also have mystery bruises in places where I would remember if I'd hit it hard enough to bruise (like my inner upper thigh and on my chest), and some are just yellow, never black and blue, so I'm thinking it may be a sign of some sort of deficiency (potentially vitamin K1).
Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 AM   #671
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Jilly - Get thee to a dentist! Before you have to a have a root canal. I had to have one while i was pregnant I, too, can't stand going to the dentist - all the tools give me the worst chills and such. But I've been good since I had to get the emergency root canal with the less effective Novocaine. I've had to have a second since then. I've been at the dentist's office almost every week since January. At least i haven't had to take off time from work to get all this stuff taken care of. Hopefully by the time I get back to school, I won't need much more than just a cleaning now and again. Although I think I have one more tooth with a potential for a root canal sigh.

DP - Each day is day closer to your DH coming home I know you take care of other children everyday, is there anyone around to take your little one once in a while to give yourself a break?

Showers, shaving legs, nails, sometimes just staring at the wall alone is a luxury. DH is better than me at putting the baby "down" to be on his own while he gets other things done. I prefer to be more interactive - not necessarily holding him but talking, playing, etc. So I rarely get multiple things done when I am with him unless it's a) absolutely necessary or b) Sam is just that content on his own.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #672

My poor son is in the middle of a ton of dental work. He had 5 teeth pulled this week. Next week he gets fitted for some device to space out his teeth. He is being a real superstar about it too. Right now, his teeth are a mess and I want family photos done, lol. Oh well, we will at least look back and remember the period Andrew had bad teeth!
Old 05-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, DH e-mails me this picture of Brandon taken just a couple days ago and said that his eyes looked "off" to him.. I found another picture of him taken about 2-3ish months ago which looks like his eyes are off there too. For his 6 month check up, the pediatrician tried to use this hand held eye contraption box thingy to measure his eyes, but wasn't getting it to work properly. She said he looked fine to her, but she will try again at his 9 month appointment. And if there were any issues then (not being able to get a measurement then or his eyes looking off) we should go see a pediatricic opthamologist. But now after seeing this latest picture and seeing how hard it was to use that little handheld eye machiney thingy at the doctor, I'm beginning to wonder if he may be cross eyed or something. What do you guys think? Have your little ones had this issue? What can be done?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brandon.holding.bottle.jpg (34.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 0303121327c.jpg (42.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #674

Gallery: pocahontas
Well Brandon is just adorable!

I think I see what you are saying but I dont think its terribly noticeable. That said, there was a time I thought DS was cross eyed too and he isnt at all. I wish I could remember the age but I do believe it was before 9 mo. I wonder if its a normal progression of the eyes? When is his 9 mo appt?
Old 05-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #675

I was sure that James was deaf when he was born, he is fine. I think sometimes we look to closely at our kids. I am sure he is fine, kids eyes do weird things from time to time.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #676

First off Sharon he is one beautiful little baby boy! Squeeze!!!!
I too see the eyes, in both pictures it looks like one is crossed. I agree that it is probably nothing but maybe keep an eye on it and if you notice it a lot go get it checked out.

Yes gab, don't think I'm not counting down the weeks! About 24 left! Lol
I don't have anyone here who can take him but they do offer Saturday night Childcare on base for $3 an hour that I use almost weekly. Plus I will be traveling to NY mid July and I plan on passing Kyle off to all my family then!

I'm VERY moody today. I don't like days like this because I tend to want to take it out on Kyle and that's just not fair. Planning a walk after my last kid leaves and then I'll let him play in the bath while I attempt some work.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #677

I am beyond moody and Andrew just dropped his entire pizza on the floor. I stayed calm and put it back on his plate. He refused to eat it, it was fine! Then i lost it. I made him a peanut butter sandwhich and made him pay for the pizza out of his own money.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:47 PM   #678

Quote:
I am beyond moody and Andrew just dropped his entire pizza on the floor. I stayed calm and put it back on his plate. He refused to eat it, it was fine! Then i lost it. I made him a peanut butter sandwhich and made him pay for the pizza out of his own money.
Kyle let the dogs eat his cheeseburger one day so I took the money out of his piggy bank! He learned
Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #679
gab
Major LCF Poster!

How old are Kyle and Andrew?

Dp - I have no doubt you have a countdown happening.

I hate when I am moody and everyone is just in the way. Not good when you are a teacher...it hasn't happened to much with Sam yet...but he is little.
Old 05-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #680

Kyle is 2 and a half. His piggy bank money is from the holiday cards he gets from my dad. I let him use it once in a while to get a new little car or something small. Trying to teach him that things cost money. He wasn't happy when he couldn't get a car because the dog ate his food !
Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 PM   #681
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Not pregnant this cycle, my temp is dropping and my period should start any day.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #682

Andrew is 9. He got a baseball in the nose last night, so I felt so badly for being so mean earlier.
Old 05-31-2012, 04:44 AM   #683
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Quote:
So, DH e-mails me this picture of Brandon taken just a couple days ago and said that his eyes looked "off" to him.. I found another picture of him taken about 2-3ish months ago which looks like his eyes are off there too. For his 6 month check up, the pediatrician tried to use this hand held eye contraption box thingy to measure his eyes, but wasn't getting it to work properly. She said he looked fine to her, but she will try again at his 9 month appointment. And if there were any issues then (not being able to get a measurement then or his eyes looking off) we should go see a pediatricic opthamologist. But now after seeing this latest picture and seeing how hard it was to use that little handheld eye machiney thingy at the doctor, I'm beginning to wonder if he may be cross eyed or something. What do you guys think? Have your little ones had this issue? What can be done?
Both of my girls have a lazy eye. They got it from their dad.
I didn't notice DD19 until she was 4. DD15 noticed before she was one. Sometimes the muscles are not strong enough and the stronger eye takes over. I had to patch the stronger eye and make the weaker work harder. DD19 was easy to do and was fixed within 6 months. DD15.....because she was younger it was harder to do.
I wouldnt worry too much you could always cover the stronger eye and see if the weaker one straightens out. Play half way peep a boo!!! Our Opthamologist was really good with DD15 even when she was 1 yr.
They both wear glasses also...
I hope that might help.

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.

Last edited by lizzybme; 05-31-2012 at 04:45 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Sharon - I personally think if you've really only noticed it in a couple of pictures, that they're just odd pictures and not the norm. However, if you are concerned, I would definitely get it checked sooner than later. I watched a National Geographic documentary about how babies develop, and it actually talked about eyes for a bit and how babies are born with all these extra neurons in their body, and the neurons battle as the baby grows to kill off the wrong ones (which is why baby movement start out jerky and gradually smoothe out and become more coordinated - the "wrong" neurons are being killed off). With the eyes, if there is an issue with one eye, the wrong neurons could be killed during development, and then the issue is much more difficult to correct. I'm sure that's a gross oversimplification, but my takeaway was to have things checked as soon as you notice them for the best chances of correction.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:18 AM   #685
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, everyone! We're definitely going to make an appointment with a pediatric opthomaligist (sp?) just to be sure.

Jilly-I saw that same documentary on Netflix while I was home on maternity leave. It was very interesting, I especially thought it was pretty cool that they were saying babies were able to do math!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:49 AM   #686
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Poor Andrew! Hope his nose is ok. That happened to my neighbor (he's in 3rd grade) recently. He was cool with it. He said it made his nose look like he was from the movie Avatar - like one of the aliens. Lol

DH was up this morning with the baby, he decided to feed him brEakfast since I was still sleeping lol. He forgot how much fruit we normally give, he didn't weigh anything and he had to wake me to ask me how to make the cereal. We have been doing this for weeks. Can't complain though - baby was fed and happy and I got a little exatra sleep.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jilly-I saw that same documentary on Netflix while I was home on maternity leave. It was very interesting, I especially thought it was pretty cool that they were saying babies were able to do math!
Yup, same here - watched it on Netflix! I saw it before my official maternity leave when I was home on short term disability right before I delivered due to high blood pressure. I also watched the one with Ricki Lake (The Business of Being Born, I think?).
Quote:
Andrew is 9. He got a baseball in the nose last night, so I felt so badly for being so mean earlier.
aww! I got a softball to the nose once, and it bled profusely, but nothing else ever came of it, luckily.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #688
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
<----New avatar featuring Cassandra.

I can't believe how big she is now!
Old 05-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #689

shes cuttte!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:45 PM   #690

Well, James was super fussy, so I was on. Y way upstairs to give him a bath before bed. I put him on a placemat on the glass table while I let the dog out. He is happy as a clam. I cannot think of a more uncomfortable place to be, go figure.
Closed Thread