Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #631
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i'm 18w4d (5d? i can't ever figure out days) and i think my hips are growing out because the flexors are sore. i have to walk a few blocks to my office and this morning it felt like a marathon. i bought a cute little maternity jean skirt yesterday from macy's for $20, SO comfy! i have been holding off on the banded clothes but after trying on that skirt, i think i need to buy some jeans now. i had to retire some pants because the belly band wouldn't hold them up.

jilly - my allergies are HORRIBLE! so stuffy and itchy. i have been taking benadryl but i miss the good stuff that would knock my allergies into place. good to hear that ben handled his shots well!

Last edited by KQT; 05-25-2012 at 07:12 AM..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #632
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: glitterific
Stats: 224/166/140
WOE: South Beach
Hi everyone! I haven't been around in almost a year. I had my daughter, Juliet, January 3rd via csection since she was breech. I have been back to work full time since she was 12 weeks and trying to keep up with pumping. I gained 57 lbs and lost 31 but I have not gained or lost since Juliet was 8 weeks old. My sugar cravings are so bad so I hope I can get back to better eating habits. She is still up atleast 3x a night so I am so tired since she has decided a bedtime between 6-7pm is ideal so I will tackle one thing at a time. I will post a pic next time, I need to get to bed!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:35 AM   #633

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I also had a c-section due to my baby being breech. I loved it, which is funny cause I was terrified of a c-section. We even tried to turn him, that is actually what started my labor.
I cannot imagine having to go back to work at 12 weeks, that must have been really hard!
Old 05-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #634
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
well I'm going to go to the clinic next time my heart acts up for an EKG.

I am so swollen. have put on 6 pounds since tuesday. hands hurt at the joints.
Face is so puffy. Eyes lids are so swollen. OB appt on Weds. might not make it to then. If I keep getting bigger will call.
Had pre-e with both of my other girls but it wasn't until the last few weeks.
My jaw is even swollen. My bite is off. Hurts to chew, teeth don't want to match.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:22 PM   #635
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
lizzy - yikes, I would be calling my doc ASAP! All that swelling sounds miserable. Is there anything that can be done, or will they just monitor you closely until it's baby time? I assume they would induce or do a c-section before 40 weeks at this point. Remind me how far along you are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitterific View Post
Hi everyone! I haven't been around in almost a year. I had my daughter, Juliet, January 3rd via csection since she was breech. I have been back to work full time since she was 12 weeks and trying to keep up with pumping. I gained 57 lbs and lost 31 but I have not gained or lost since Juliet was 8 weeks old. My sugar cravings are so bad so I hope I can get back to better eating habits. She is still up atleast 3x a night so I am so tired since she has decided a bedtime between 6-7pm is ideal so I will tackle one thing at a time. I will post a pic next time, I need to get to bed!
My son is 2 months old, and I definitely still have some weight to lose, too! At least 20 pounds, though I could certainly spare more! Getting my eating back on track has been so hard - I'm tired, and I've been back to work full time since he was 6 weeks. My husband doesn't cook at all, so it's all on me for the food in our house unless we order delivery, which we've ended up doing a LOT! So I eat things that are easy, fast, convenient...and unhealthy :P

Ben goes to bed around 8:30pm and gets up twice to eat (but he eats somewhere between 6-8pm, so if he went to be ad early as yours, he'd be up three times, too!). We're not on much of a schedule; we are still feeding on demand, but he seems to have settled into his own little routine for the most part. The times aren't always exactly the same, but, like I said, 2 overnight feedings, bedtime at 8:30pm, and awake no later than 7:30am (this morning was about 6:20am - so much for sleeping in on a Saturday!).
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-26-2012 at 01:25 PM..
Old 05-26-2012, 04:09 PM   #636

Ladies, hamburgers are the easiest things to make and are zero carb. Being tired or stressed can never be an excuse for bad eating. I do all the cooking too. I often have to make three seperate meals and mine is the easiest. Many nights i make cheeseburgers and have to eat with one hand.
You guys can eat healthy just as easily as me. Let's go ladies! You can do it and you will feel so much better physically and emotionally. I promise.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:51 AM   #637
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
he slept the night the whole way through! I don't remember exactly what time he fell asleep, around 11 and he woke about 7:30!!! Ahhh .
Old 05-27-2012, 05:48 AM   #638
Senior LCF Member

I put Ben in his crib for the first time yesterday. Not at night - I'm not ready for that, yet. But he was getting sleepy yesterday afternoon, so I brought him in to his crib, tucked a blanket around him, gave him a pacifier, turned on his mobile "nature" sounds, and he was out in seconds! And he slept for HOURS! It was the longest nap he's taken in a long time. I kept poking my head in to check on him because I thought maybe the monitor wasn't working :P Gave me time to get some laundry done, get some dishes done, feed the dogs and take them out (this task of letting the dogs out has gotten forgotten a few times, so now I have puppy pee spots to clean up on a couple rugs around the house!), and make a low-carb strawberry "pie" thing to bring to the cookout we're going to today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Ladies, hamburgers are the easiest things to make and are zero carb. Being tired or stressed can never be an excuse for bad eating.
It's not just about the actual cooking, but the prep and the cleanup as well. Whenever I cook burgers, I end up with little grease spatters all over my stove. We don't have a grill (not that I would want to have to clean a grill, either!). There is no meal I can make that is easier than someone ELSE cooking and then bringing it right to my door :P

I will also add that I personally hate cooking. It's not difficult; I just hate doing it. Like some people hate scrubbing toilets or washing windows? That's how I feel about cooking. It's nothing but a chore for me, and an unpleasant one at that. I would actually prefer to scrub toilets over cooking most of the time! After working all day and dealing with the 45-minute commute each way (on the days I go into the office), cooking is the last thing I want to do when I get home and only have a few hours to spend with my baby before he goes to bed for the night (plus anything else that needs to get done around the house...I've vacuumed my floors exactly once since he was born two months ago because ALL chores get back-burnered for baby time!).

One thing I need to work back into my MORNING routine is remembering to take something out to defrost. I have spaghetti squash (cooked and scraped, ready to eat), soup, and a casserole in the freezer, but I never remember to take them out in the morning. I spend every second I can with my baby doing our morning "dancing" before I have to bring him to daycare

It was easier when I could prepare lots of stuff on the weekends so it was ready to easily be heated up on weeknights, but, funny thing, this baby sticks around on weekends, too! I had my husband watch the baby a few times yesterday, and I used those times to go grocery shopping, run to Babies R Us to buy their Pampers on sale ($20 off if you buy 2 jumbo packs), and take a shower (a luxury I do not get every day).

As much as I hate the cooking, I will get back into it eventually. I always do. But until then, yes, I will use busy and tired as excuses :P

Now, off to sanitize the new pieces I had to buy for Ben's bottles, then got to get ready to go to Jeff's cousins' for a cookout. Jeff is still asleep, and Ben just fell back to sleep for a bit, so I'll take the opportunity to pack up all our dogs' stuff (we bring them with us since we won't be home until quite late), pack up the diaper bag, and change laundry loads...and maybe try to fit some breakfast in for myself? Probably a protein bar while I'm running around.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #639

You can cook burgers in the oven too.
I am not a fan of cooking either, but you have to make your health a priority. How can you take care of others if you do not take care of yourself? The best gift you can give yourself is healthy eating. And enough sleep.
I am off to a soccer tournament for Drew today, I made myself a few burgers to bring in case it runs late and I get hungry.
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #640
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
If I try to grill burgers, I start fires. I wait until hubby's home and have him grill them. I make a lot of deli rollups when I low-carb, with cream cheese or deli cheese and a pickle or green onion inside. i haven't been eating too much deli meat being prego but when I do I look for the brands without preservatives or nitrates. but sometimes you just need a subway sandwich when nothing else sounds good.

I inherited a couple things from my cousin this weekend, a pack 'n play, an umbrella stroller, a brand new radio flyer wagon, and some crib sheets. score!
Old 05-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #641
Major LCF Poster!

Well weight is down one pound today.
Swelling around the eyes is better. I still look like I'm doing "the godfather" cheeks and jaw line is huge.
Got my dad's blood pressure cuff. last reading on my left side lying down...146/60. So better there as well. Last night it was 164/89.
Doing my bed rest. chucking water, and relaxing as much as possible.
Now for fried eggs and sausage.

I'm 29 weeks.
Old 05-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #642

29 weeks! you are getting closer! glad the swelling is getting better.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:24 AM   #643
gab
Major LCF Poster!

9-12, feed, 12:30 - 7...

Two nights in a row! I found him on his tummy again. He was not distressed in the least. I love when he wakes up relaxed.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #644

Sleep is a good thing. James has always been a good sleeper. He is sleeping now.
I am waiting for the weather to warm up and will take him for a walk.
My weight is a bit under 120, so i am trying to eat a bit more. I look best at 120, under I look too thin.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:43 AM   #645
Senior LCF Member

jillybean, I hear you... crockpot cooking never works during the week, we're out of the house 11 hours a day.. I always forget to pull the frozen meals out of the freezer and do better when I individually wrap up meats since quick defrosting in water works well without the texture problems that come with defrosting in the microwave.

My go-to meals have been stirfrys, grilled burgers, fajitas/tacos and I do a crockpot meal on the weekends. I do mostly soups during the winter and salad when the weather is warmer - I microwave eggs at work with precooked bacon for breakfast. Our evenings during the week are full of dishes, bottle washing, pumping, diaper washing (we cloth diaper) and getting breakfasts/lunch/dinner all ready for the next day.

Juliet only woke up once last night, thank goodness, that's only the 4th time that has ever happened. My kid is a crappy sleeper in general, her naps over the weekend were 30-40 minutes. She'll be 5 months on the 3rd, it has gone by so fast.

Last edited by glitterific; 05-28-2012 at 10:45 AM..
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Sleep is a good thing. James has always been a good sleeper. He is sleeping now.
I am waiting for the weather to warm up and will take him for a walk.
My weight is a bit under 120, so i am trying to eat a bit more. I look best at 120, under I look too thin.
Oh I'll give you my weather......Mid 90's!!! I'm not even putting on shorts, two fans running.

I would love to look "too thin" one of these days!!!

B/p is still hanging on to the 140's/80's...swelling about the same today. Down one more pound.

bacon and eggs for breakfast. I had a atkins shake at 7 this morning work up hungery. Drank it and went back to sleep.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:08 AM   #647
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I am awful with the whole defrost thing too. At least I have been better lately - mostly because I try to make sure I cook whatever is in the fridge before it goes bad. I just dont like to cook. Never have. NOw baking...lol.

I am going to try to make most our own baby food. I made green beans last night but found I couldn't quite get the texture the way I wanted...not smooth. I have this great handheld blender I will try on it one more time before I give it to the baby.

My baby is not a napper either - usually 20-30 min catnaps throughout the day. Once in a great while he will sleep a few hours at a time.

He had a reaction to his bandaid this week from his shot. First time that happened, and he has shown sensitivity to the zinc in the diaper cream. He breaks out with eczema. I'm going to have to watch him like a hawk.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 05-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #648
Senior LCF Member

poor babe!! zinc and the sticky stuff in bandaids we're not starting solids yet and will try the baby lead weaning/eating methods so skipping purees. A food mill is what is most recommended for some of the more tricky veggies
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #649
Senior LCF Member

Alright, casserole out of the freezer and into the fridge NOW for tomorrow's dinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
9-12, feed, 12:30 - 7...

Two nights in a row!
That is awesome! I just shake my head reading the BabyCenter birth board of all the others who have babies born in March (when Ben was born) who are sleeping through the night. I know it's not normal for them to sleep through the night so young, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it!

Honestly, I can't really complain about Ben's sleeping. He seems to be well adjusted to an 8:30pm bedtime; even if we don't put him down, he'll start falling asleep around then. And he normally wakes up twice to eat and then is up for the day between 6:30-7:30am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybme View Post
B/p is still hanging on to the 140's/80's...swelling about the same today. Down one more pound.
It's in the 90s here, too. Blech. 140s/80s doesn't sound too bad. My doc didn't take me out of work for my bp until my diastolic was in the 90s. Glad your swelling is going down a bit - I'm sure this heat doesn't help at all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
I am going to try to make most our own baby food. I made green beans last night but found I couldn't quite get the texture the way I wanted...not smooth. I have this great handheld blender I will try on it one more time before I give it to the baby.
I have a handheld/stick blender, too. And a Magic Bullet. Between those, I hope I'll be able to mash up his food well enough. I use the stick blender for making mashed cauliflower, and it works well. The trick for me is to cook the veggies until they're practically mushy already :P (I steam them in the microwave so I don't boil all the vitamins out)
Old 05-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #650

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Hey everyone. Phew. I was out of town and just got in this evening. I am SO exhausted. This pregnancy is kicking my butt! The good news is that the morning sickness is calming a bit. I still have it but not everyday all day. And my appetite is back and I'm finding myself hungry at times.
I ate awful all weekend so now it's onto my plan. I allowed myself this past weekend and told myself come Tuesday no more junk. It isnt good for me or baby and I need to remember this.

I'm going to bed now. So not ready for work tomorrow
Old 05-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #651
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Glitter-she is just too adorable!! So sweet.

Gab-yeahhhhhh for sleeping through the night in the crib! Brandon is in his crib tonight for the first time in a long time....we really had to retire the bassinet. Hope he does okay, he's been sleeping for 2 plus hours already. I miss him being in our room though.

Lizzy-so glad to hear the blood pressure and swelling are down. Just keep an eye on it as you know from before, you dont' want to mess with blood pressure issues.

And everyone, I hear you on the food prep issues....I HATE to cook. I agree with Jilly, I'd rather scrub toilets too! LOL! But I am so lucky, DH does the cooking here, and if I wanted hamburgers every night, he would make them. I ate a lot of them when pregnant with Brandon, that is for sure! I am so blessed to have him, I don't know how I'd keep it together, especially with all these pregnancy hormones I have swirling aorund in my body and a 7 month old baby to take care of!

My parents and grandma came for a visit this weekend, they hadn't seen Brandon since he was 2 months at Christmas. I just love watching them with him....my mom is so in love with him (first grandchild). They watched him for us yesterday so DH and I could go out and celebrate our 5 year wedding anniversary. We saw Men in Black and ate at the Capital Grille for dinner. I had a yummy filet mignon. My family left this morning, I am so sad to say goodbye. I wish we all lived closer.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 05-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #652
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I'll take cooking over cleaning the bathroom any day

Glad to hear you all had good weekends.

Happycat - I hear ya on grandma in love with grandson - my mom is the same way. I've considered living where things are less expensive, but the trade off of being far from family keeps me here.

Jilly - yeah I read babycenter boards as well and all those babies that sleep from the beginning I haven't met one in person yet. It seems to me that Sam needed to hit that 6 month mark (24 weeks) for so many things to start happening sort of all at once - responding to his name, rolling over, being happy on his belly, grabbing things and bringing them to himself on purpose, & chatting up a storm. I am hoping the long 6-7 hour stretch of sleep continues regularly. I feel like it does me so much food as far as patience and energy.

lizzy - hope you are keeping cool. It was close to 90 here today.

Nursing has become a very sweaty sticky situation. DH will have to put our ac units in soon if thiese temps keep up this summer. I need a fan for the living room.

Dp - glad you are feeling better. Gl with work tomorrow. Hope you get a chance for some rest.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:22 AM   #653

I co sleep , so James has slept through the night from day one.He just helps himself to nursing as needed.
Rain here all day and I have a bunch of errands to run, not so easy with a baby. I would also like to have relations with dh at some point, that is never easy these days!
Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hope this isn't a strange question, Suzanne, but does your bed/sheets get really messy with him sleeping in bed with you? I've always wondered about that, like how often you have to change the sheets. Brandon has had a few episodes of exorcist style vomiting (not an everyday occurance thank goodness, but enough that I am always super cautious when I put him on our bed) and changing sheets in our king size bed is annoying enough once every couple weeks, I couldn't imagine having to do it every day. That alone is enough to not want to have him sleeping in bed with us.

Last edited by Happycat21; 05-29-2012 at 08:04 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #655
Senior LCF Member

Co-sleeping doesn't necessarily equate to sleeping through the night! Ben doesn't even sleep through the night when I bring him to bed with us. Even in just the couple hours in the early morning when I often bring him to bed after his last night feeding, he is often restless (he grunts and keeps turning his head from side to side and rubs his face with his little fists). Even if he doesn't open his eyes, it's enough to keep ME from sleeping.

heh, I just had "relations" with my husband for the first time the other night - we hadn't done so since probably early in my third trimester. It was NOT comfortable for me - I guess those stitches I had for my 2nd degree tear healed up pretty tightly And even though Ben sleeps in the pack n play and not in our bed, we went to the guest bedroom because we couldn't handle him being in the room with us for that!

Started today with a protein shake and am now nibbling on some cheese at my desk. I also brought some hard boiled eggs and a mini meatloaf for lunch, so I should be fine during my work day today as far as eating goes

We had a late start this morning. Ben was up more than usual last night, and he must be going through a growth spurt because he has been eating more frequently. Just as I was about to put him in his carseat this morning to head to daycare, he decided it was time to eat. Again. So my day is all shifted by about half an hour.

And after he ate and burped, he fell asleep with his head on my shoulder. I took a few minutes to just sit there holding him and almost cried when I had to get up and put him in his carseat. Those quiet, peaceful moments with him are so few and far between already Thigs were so much better before I went back to work. *sigh* C'est la vie...

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-29-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Old 05-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #656

Gallery: pocahontas
Hi ladies!

TOM arrived on Sunday so Im not pg this cycle.

DS will be 17 mo old in a couple weeks and we decided to take his bottle away since we had a long weekend at home, and because it was time. Our pedi told us to start working on it at his 1 yr appt. Anyway, today is day 4 and he hasnt had an ounce of milk! He wont drink milk from anything but the bottle. We offered it all weekend long in a sippy and he refused. He has eaten plenty though and had lots of yogurt and cheese and water to drink so Im not too worried about it. He has been a bit grumpy and just not himself so I wish he would drink some milk.

DH and I are both pretty good about defrosting. I try to plan the week's menu and put the list on the fridge so DH can help me to remember to pull stuff out of the freezer. We do a lot of grilled meats (quick and lets DH help!) with steamed veggies or a salad or something fast during the week. Tacos and burgers are also really fast. On the weekends I like to make the stuff I dont have time to during the week. I to cook.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #657

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
You all are chatty! It makes me tired reading

I don't mind cooking but I won't lie, it seen nice since dh has been gone because if I don't feel like cooking I don't have to. My son will eat hotdogs and broccoli or carrots everyday.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #658
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: muncheechee
Stats: 277/250/150
Hi ladies! Hoping you won't mind if I join you. My name is Melanie and I'm a sahm to a fun 16 month old named Isaac. Dh and I have been ttc #2 in earnest since last September but hadn't prevented since ds was born. It's taking much longer than the first time around but I'm hoping that the health benefits from going low carb will help us conceive - especially since my blood sugars (T2 diabetic) and blood pressure has been better than ever lately. I just ovulated so here goes another tww!

I've been reading a lot of your older posts in this thread and look forward to getting to know you all better
Old 05-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #659

We have a towel on the bed or it would be messy!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #660
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Melanie :hi:

I think we both need a cool bath later. Hot in the house today. I need to find some decent not terribly expensive mini containers. The ones I found which were cheap in cost are cheap in design. You get what ya pay for.
Closed Thread