Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Women's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #571
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Morning

Did any of you exercise throughout your pregnancy? I ran yesterday and it's already getting hard and I don't even have a belly!! Yikes! I jog with my son and when I stopped to walk he says "mom why are you walking, you need to go faster!!".

Cravings hit for the first time last night and I caved. ALL carbs. Of course I'm a tired bloated mess now. What did you Lcers do when you wanted something all carbs?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #572
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i walk 3 miles a few times a week. i had to quit running a few weeks into my pregnancy as my boobs felt like lead weights. i miss running, i was doing the couch to 5k program and loved it. it was recommended that if you already are a seasoned runner it's ok to continue your running throughout your pregnancy but if you're at the jogging pace/trying to lose weight, you need to watch your heart rate when exercising while pregnant, nothing above 150ish. that's one thing i look forward to is my gym time after i have baby. the man and i have already discussed this, i need my 5am gym time, crying baby or not

i woke up with a burst of energy so i've already done laundry, scrubbed toilets, washed dishes, cleaned the fridge (removed the shelves for deep clean), made him cinnamon rolls, and got the ingredients together to make enchiladas. up next is my walk and then a few more errands. love days off and love this energy, i'm gonna ride this out 'til i crash.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #573

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I worked out the first 2 weeks and then I could barely move the rest of the pregnancy, lol. I am just starting to get back in shape.
I had horrible sugar-carb cravings all through my pregnancy. I caved too. The results were horrible, I was an emotional mess. Pregnancy hormones and sugar are not a good combo. So, it was a good lesson learned. Despite the cravings and nausea, I stayed on plan the rest of the pregnancy cause I knew the results.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #574

Thanks guys. It's good to know my poor running the last few weeks is common. It just is hard and I feel like I never ran before! (I just finished my 4th marathon in November!) I'll slow it down as I feel and not worry to much. I want to keep moving as much as I can though.

Yeah Suzanne, the side effects are awful. I feel terrible today and I did yesterday too. Lesson learned. It's not worth it!

Who has some good easy lc snack ideas? Nuts are off limits. I have NO portion control
Old 05-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #575
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
My favorite go-to snack was full fat greek yogurt mixed with strawberries. At least it was in my last pregnancy. This time, it does not appeal to me at all.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #576

Sadly, my pregnancy snacks were dry sausages or all natural cold cuts dipped in mayo, bad I know. I also did tuna and mayo, cauliflour with butter, or artichokes...all weird choices.
I mostly ate small meals throughout the day, usually ground beef with the fat drained and some onions and cheese. I hated fat when pregnant, i also had to cook all my beef well done, no pink. Funny cause I normally love my meat totally rare, basically raw in the middle and I love fat!
Old 05-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #577

I had some cheese for my snack today. With 6 kids around its hard to cook or even heat stuff up for a snack. Breakfast is before I start work and lunch can wait until nap time but I'll need something between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. I can't find full fat Greek yogurt here

So far today I've had eggs with avocado for breakfast, cheese for snack, and steak and carrots for lunch. I won't limit veggies. I feel better today. I also haven't taken my prenatal yet. I'm going to wait until evening. I think it could have been aiding to my in the mornings.

Last edited by DisneyPrincess; 05-18-2012 at 09:51 AM..
Old 05-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #578

Gallery: pocahontas
Disney - I forced myself to walk daily while pg with DS. It helped a lot, not only to keep me active but to reduce stress. I still walk a lot because I enjoyed it so much.

I stayed fairly LC with DS but added steel cut oatmeal and fruit plus some higher carb veggies. One of my favorite snacks was grapes and cheese cubes. I also really liked celery w/ peanut butter or carrots with hummus. Greek yogurt w/ berries and sliced almonds was a good one too! My doctor encouraged me to eat cheese and yogurt because I am not a milk drinker, never have been and pregnancy can deplete your calcium.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #579
LJB

Gallery: LJB
Stats: Size 8 at Present
WOE: Real food.
I haven't posted here in quite a while! I missed out on quite a lot.

Here is a current picture of the baby.She turns 36 weeks next Thursday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cassandra with her phone'.jpg (28.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 05-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #580
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Dp - do you like eggs? An easy make ahead snack for me was egg muffins - eggs, sausage, cheese baked in muffin tin. (really whatever mixin you like bacon or veggies). I also love cream cheese muffins.

I added fruit so I would have apple and cheese or banana and pb.

You can make your own greek yogurt by straining full fat plain yogurt.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #581

Oh hard boiled eggs are a good idea too. Eggs are iffy for me now but some days I'm fine with them. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 AM   #582
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
What is this "exercise" you speak of? Not something I've done in a LONG time!

LC snacks...I liked deviled eggs, microwaved cheese crisps, cup of warm chicken broth (if I just needed *something* but wasn't really very hungry), protein shake (once I started allowing myself some artificial sweeteners), just plain slices of cheese...usually, I would just eat "meal" foods as snacks (chicken, mini meatloaf, whatever leftovers I happened to have in the fridge, etc.).

Full fat Greek yogurt is tough to come by in a lot of places since the fat-free Chobanis and Oikos seem to rule the Greek yogurt section. I did find full fat Fage at Wegmans and I think Whole Foods. I've heard Trader Joe's carries a full fat Greek yogurt as well (I hardly ever go there, so I can't confirm!). I have also had the Chobani 2% yogurts with the fruit in them, but, of course, that's higher in carbs because of the fruit.

Ben seems to pretty consistently be waking up to eat twice per night, once between about 11-2 and again between 4-6:30, so my husband and I decided that he would take the first night feeding and I will do the second (since sometimes the second one is late enough that he is already up and in the shower getting ready for work). It's so nice to have the help. Until this week, I was doing ALL the feedings myself, which was fine when I was on maternity leave, but now that we are both at work full time, it was getting to be a bit much. And, for some reason, Jeff seems much better at putting Ben back to sleep after a feeding, so it's good he does the first one; it's eaier to stay up with Ben when it's only a couple hours until I was supposed to get up for the day anyway! Plus, if he's really fussy, I just bring him to bed with me for that last couple of hours. I wouldn't want to do that much earlier in the night since I just sleep on my back with him on my chest, so I don't sleep as well.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 05-19-2012, 05:03 AM   #583

Hope all the pregnant mommies are not feeling too sick or tired today.
I felt no guilt about not exercising when pregnant. My body really needed all its energy to make a baby. When my body says its tired, I listen. It meant I spent the entire pregnancy doing just about nothing. But, now I have a healthy baby and mommy is healthy too. I am walking more and more each day, it takes no time to lose the weight and get back in shape.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:07 AM   #584

I didn't exercise at all with my first and I didn't feel guilty either. I also ate whatever I wanted and gained 50 pounds, which on my small 4'11 frame was a LOT of extra weight. I was miserable towards the end. I'm not doing it this time. I will listen to my body and slow down when needed but I plan on doing some form of exercise 4x a week throughout for the most part. As I get larger I will incorporate prenatal yoga.

Putting my son in daycare this evening (they have Saturday night care on base) so I can have some alone time. I don't get that with dh gone.

Feeling rough this morning. I hate wake up feeling like I haven't slept. Seriously, this pregnancy is hard! This better be one good baby! Lol
Old 05-19-2012, 09:25 PM   #585
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Teething! Looks like another long night ahead. I get Sam to sleep, get myself settled into bed, start to drift and it's like ESP he knows! I am missing his 4 hr blocks of sleep. An hour and half is just not long enough
Old 05-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #586

I'm sorry gab

I won't complain then that my son didn't sleep in either day this weekend. Usually I get an extra 2 hours!

Yesterday I sent him off to daycare and I ran and walked alone and just relaxed for a bit. I did nothing productive, which means today is going to be work work work. Hope everyone is having a good weekend
Old 05-20-2012, 05:04 AM   #587

James is only 6 weeks, so he sleeps great. Last night he was so tired cause we ran around all day and when we do that he never gets his full naps. Today is more of the same. My older son has a million activities, so off we go. Church, baseball, hockey, and a pool party today!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #588
gab
Major LCF Poster!

The sleeping issues are definitely laying on our back related. Guess he is just not comfortable that way. Sigh. I confess I gave in after driving him around for a half hour in the middle of the night and figured let him sleep in the car seat until his father got home from work and moved him. Only DH didnt move him but that meant Sam and I slept 6 hours straight through.

Dp - you go right ahead and complain .

On a happier note - milestone reached! He rolled completely over this morning!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #589
Senior LCF Member

Hurray for daycare because Ben only poops once a day, and he does it during the daytime, so now I only have to change poopy diapers on weekends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
I won't complain then that my son didn't sleep in either day this weekend. Usually I get an extra 2 hours!
You get extra sleep on weekends?! We have only been in daycare for one week, but apparently Ben is already on that schedule enough to wke up no later than 7:30 every morning. EVERY morning. Good thing we don't go to daycare even earlier!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
The sleeping issues are definitely laying on our back related. Guess he is just not comfortable that way. Sigh. I confess I gave in after driving him around for a half hour in the middle of the night and figured let him sleep in the car seat until his father got home from work and moved him. Only DH didnt move him but that meant Sam and I slept 6 hours straight through.
Once he's able to roll over easily (I know you said he did it today, but not sure how long it took him!), will you let him sleep on his tummy? or side?
Old 05-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #590

Yup jilly. Usually a lot extra. My son only naps about 2 hours during daycare hours when I think he needs a good 3 hours. Plus I wake him around 7:15 and he'd probably sleep until 7:45-8:00ish. He like catches up on the weekends with 3-4 hour naps and a good 12 hours at night. Plus I leT him stay up an extra 30-45 minutes in Friday and Saturday nights.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #591
gab
Major LCF Poster!

If it means we all get some quality sleep and he does it on his own then probably. I may not start him out in those positions but if he moves himself...
Old 05-21-2012, 04:04 AM   #592

James smiled at me today!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
that melts my heart

Morning everyone. This is going to be a LONG week. I hope it goes fast and smooth.
Pants are feeling tight today and my stomach is no longer really flat. Of course no one would know but I can see changes now. I have a feeling this baby is going to show early. I'm only 8 weeks! When did you all noticeably show and look pregnant? I think with my son I was around 15 weeks when people could tell
Old 05-21-2012, 05:44 AM   #594

I always show very early! I had a tummy at 8 weeks too. Annoying, but that is just how my body rolls.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #595
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Pants are feeling tight today and my stomach is no longer really flat. Of course no one would know but I can see changes now. I have a feeling this baby is going to show early. I'm only 8 weeks! When did you all noticeably show and look pregnant? I think with my son I was around 15 weeks when people could tell
I think if you're thinner and actually normally have a flat stomach, you're more likely to show earlier (because there's nothing to hide it!). I have lots of excess skin on my stomach from weight loss and was still overweight when I got pregnant, so I really didn't start showing or even need to wear maternity clothes until about 22 weeks or so.
Quote:
LOVE the smiles!! How old is he now? Ben has only been smiling (while awake!) for maybe a week and a half. When I am getting ready for work in the morning, I put the tv on the "party favorites" music channel, and I prop him in a Boppy on the bed, and we "dance" (I bounce around like an idiot and move his hands and feet to the music). That always gets lots of smiles, which is a great way to start my day!
Old 05-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #596

James is now 7 weeks! Awake a lot more of the day. He loves taking walks in his baby bjorn, so we get out a lot. Today we have rain, but it should clear up so we can walk later.
The time goes so fast!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #597
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
James is now 7 weeks! Awake a lot more of the day.
Oh, wow, I didn't realize our boys were so close in age! And sounds like they started smiling around the same time, too - Ben is 8 weeks, 3 days today. I took him out for walks when I was home from work on maternity leve, but I used a stroller, and he always just fell asleep. My daycare provider says she takes him out for walks, and he stays awake more now and really enjoys it.

I need a new carrier. Someone bought us an Infantino (which I did not register for), and I don't really care for it - it's not very soft and has too many straps and buckles and whatnot. A carrier shouldn't be that complicated!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM   #598

I never used a carrier with my son. We had one but I couldn't do it alone!

Im ill today. Just when I feel I'm doing ok I get a wave a that won't pass. Saltines are my friend today. I just can't lc right now. I'm going out of town this weekend so I'm planning starting next Tuesday to clean things up a lot. Now I just have to eat what I can when I can
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #599
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i spent all evening throwing up last night, so i chowed down oyster crackers. sometimes me and this baby don't agree on what to eat for dinner, that's for sure.

i started showing around 8w. i'm at 18w and i already feel enormous, but i'm up 3 lbs. i will probably resemble jessica simpson when i reach the finish line.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:50 AM   #600

3 pounds in 18 weeks is impressive!
Closed Thread