LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #541
KQT
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
They gave me the option of taking Vicodin or Percocet once I'm pregnant, but I refuse! No freakin' way. I can take my Amerge when I get a headache, until I find out I'm pregnant, then just Tylenol for the rest of the time. I'm really struggling, especially thinking about how long it could take us to get pregnant, meaning I'd be off my medication and having horrendous headaches that whole time. Ugh.
I had horrible migraines every month while TTC, i had to go off my daily preventative and every month like clockwork, the few days of my period were complete migraine shutdown. since becoming pregnant, knock on wood - i haven't had a single migraine. random headache here and there, but sometimes your body will straighten itself out during pregnancy. i wouldn't stress too much about the headaches, but try to take notes about your circumstances when you do get them - auras, what you ate, your stress level, etc.

baby's hb was 144 at this morning's appt. surprisingly, i feel good. i keep expecting the worst but so far the 2nd trimester has been pretty darn good to me. (kinda makes me think the baby is a boy and taking after dad's health and not mine) couple stretchy pulls here and there if i stand up too fast or sneeze, and way less nausea. i did have a brutal charlie horse last night that was painful. i also have a spot on my leg i am keeping an eye on, hoping it's just a bruise and not the beginning of a varicose vein.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #542

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
This pregnancy is already a LOt worse than my first! And of course I'm alone working full time
Today I experienced heartburn for the first time. OMG!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #543
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Last night's lesson: go to sleep even if you think the baby is going to wake up soon to eat! We fed Ben around 6:45pm yesterday, so I knew he'd be hungry again around 11 (about every 4 hours). He fell asleep with us on the couch in the living room after his bath, which was fine; I figured I'd put him to bed after his 11pm feeding. At about 10:30, I decided I was too tired to sit in the living room, so we went to bed, and I just put Ben in a Boppy in between us in the bed. After all, he'd be up in half an hour or so to eat anyway.

Except he didn't wake up in half an hour. Or an hour. He didn't wake up until almost 2am! And having him in the bed with us made me a super light sleeper, and I kept checking him every few minutes to see if he was awake yet. I missed out on a few hours where I could have been sleeping! So, of course, I'm tired today :P Lesson learned!

I dropped Ben off at daycare for the first time this morning. I didn't cry or anything, but I am definitely eager to go pick him up as soon as I leave the office!

Oh, we took my mother to Cheesecake Factory for Mother's Day, and I got nothing. I was hoping for at least maybe a card. Meh.

No more excuses on my weight and diet - I weighed in at 206.5 this morning. I have had a protein shake, a protein bar, a salad (cucumbers, cheese, eggs, a sprinkling of subflower seeds, and a little thousand island dressing), and a homemade mini meatloaf (no breadcrumbs or anything) so far today. Planning to have spinach lasagna (noodle-free) for dinner tonight. I have deli sliced ham and cheeses if I need something easy to munch on. I know this will be easier once I get through these first couple weeks to kill my cravings. And, of course, there were cupcakes in the office kitchen today...argh! I resisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
This pregnancy is already a LOt worse than my first! And of course I'm alone working full time
Today I experienced heartburn for the first time. OMG!!
aww...I hope things get better! I was super lucky to make it through my pregnancy without heartburn; I know it's very common.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
i keep expecting the worst but so far the 2nd trimester has been pretty darn good to me.
I kept doing that, too - expecting things to hapen. But, for me, they never did, and I had quite an easy and uneventful pregnancy. And, yes, it was a boy!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #544
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Hi ladies! Ooh, KQT-the charlie horeses are awful, aren't they?? So far, I've avoided any bad ones. I *almost* got one a couple weeks ago, but woke up fast enough to stop it from coming in, but it was a close call.

Disney-I didn't get any heartburn with my first, but I've already had a couple of really bad bouts this time around. Once was because I ate pizza (I know, I know....) The most recent time was because of carrots. Now I know why they call it heart burn! It really does burn!!!

Tomorrow is the anatomy scan for me. If baby cooperates, we can hopefully find out if Brandon is going to have a little sister or little brother!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon

Last edited by Happycat21; 05-14-2012 at 11:26 AM..
Old 05-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #545
Senior LCF Member

WOE: Atkins
Start Date: A long time ago
Well, I guess I'm not the only one suffering with headaches! I'll let you all know if I find something that works.

My cycle is crazy this month. I started spotting a few days ago, but I'm supposed to be due to ovulate? Whaaaat? Still temping, had a slight jump late last week and then all around the same temp. No positive OPK yet, and I have a horrendous cold and no voice. Blah.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #546
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
Start Date: March 6, 2013
I had headaches during my first trimester especially when it rained. I found that tylenol did almost nothing to help. An ice pack on my forehead and neck would help some. They finally eased up - then in third trimester came the heartburn. They say it means a Hairy baby, and my son was! Thick dark full head of hair! Milk was the only help for me with that. In fact the only time I got sick was the night before my c-sec when I couldn't have anything to eat or drink and the heartburn was just overwhelming. Thankfully the hospital I gave me some sort of anti-acid med before the surgery.

Jilly - congrats on getting through your first day with day care.

Gl to all that are ttc!

I've managed to get Sam to sleep in his crib but only once he falls asleep in my harms or in the stroller. I'm starting to wonder if he is getting enough to eat from bfing because he wakes 2x each night to eat again. And only once during the day will he go longer than 3 hours without getting really hungry.
Goal: MUCH LESS!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 AM   #547
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Thought you would appreciate this article...

Am I Mom Enough? A Motherhood Wish List - 24 Hour Workday - Boston.com
Old 05-15-2012, 03:21 AM   #548
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ghislaine
Stats: 197.5/184/128-138
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1/2/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
I've managed to get Sam to sleep in his crib but only once he falls asleep in my harms or in the stroller. I'm starting to wonder if he is getting enough to eat from bfing because he wakes 2x each night to eat again. And only once during the day will he go longer than 3 hours without getting really hungry.
My understanding is that that's normal for a breastfed baby.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM   #549

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
The headaches were bad, but so was that heartburn! I carries tums with me all day. To make it worse, the only way I could stand eating meat in the the third trimester was with salsa on it, which of course made the heartburn horrible. So funny how all that went away the day I gave birth! No carpal tunnel, no heartburn, no nausea, all gone like magic!
On the home front, DH and I got into a fight at 1am, lovely. So, today will suck cause we probably won't speak to eachother. It usually takes him a day or two to be ready to talk after a fight. I know better than to try to talk before he is ready.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #550
Senior LCF Member

Survived our first day of daycare! I think I was overly paranoid - ater I picked him up, I kept saying, "He's not doing XYZ" or "Why is he doing ABC?" My husband assured me he was fine, and I was being a little crazy. Ben ate and slept normally last night, so I'm sure my husband is right! I'm working from home today, but I brought Ben to daycare this morning anyway so I could actually DO work. I'll pick him up around 2:30 this afternoon. I'm glad I at least have some flexibility with my job

Oh, the one thing I noticed when I got him from daycare is that he had formula dried all around his mouth. I cleaned it up when we got home - just a quick wipe with a damp paper towel. If I see that again, I'm going to say something because when he eats at home, he doesn't usually dribble or get formula on his face, and if he does dribble a little, I just wipe it up as soon as the bottle is out of his mouth. Not sure what is happening that he would end up with dried formula on his face...

The daycare provider did mention when I picked him up that he drooled more than she expected for his age. I'd noticed it over the last couple days as well - drooling all of a sudden. He's only 7.5 weeks old, but I suppose it's possible he could be starting to cut a tooth already? We'll see...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Tomorrow is the anatomy scan for me. If baby cooperates, we can hopefully find out if Brandon is going to have a little sister or little brother!
Ooooh, how exciting - keep us posted!!
Quote:
I'm starting to wonder if he is getting enough to eat from bfing because he wakes 2x each night to eat again. And only once during the day will he go longer than 3 hours without getting really hungry.
My son is on formula and still eats every 3-4 hours. Sometimes he'll go for slightly longer stretches at night, but he still usually wakes up twice (usually between 1:30-2:30am and then again around 5-6am). I tried giving him an extra ounce of formula at his 1:30-2:30am feeding hoping he might sleep through until 7-7:30am, but it didn't help any. Babies just need to eat - those that sleep through the night so early are the exception, not the norm
Old 05-15-2012, 10:20 AM   #551
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jilly! I love the avatar! You look so beautiful and Ben is such a cutie pie! He's got a lot of hair too!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:15 PM   #552
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Jilly - adorable! You both look great!
Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM   #553
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
My son is on formula and still eats every 3-4 hours. Sometimes he'll go for slightly longer stretches at night, but he still usually wakes up twice (usually between 1:30-2:30am and then again around 5-6am). I tried giving him an extra ounce of formula at his 1:30-2:30am feeding hoping he might sleep through until 7-7:30am, but it didn't help any. Babies just need to eat - those that sleep through the night so early are the exception, not the norm
your son is still very young. Mine is 5.5 months, his doctor said we could try to start pushing him to very four hours. But each person, each baby is different. He just seems so hungry at the three hour mark always, sometimes less like closer to two. So I was just wondering if (since I can't see how much he eats like I could with a bottle) maybe he is only eating 3 oz at a time rather than say 5 which would impact how long between feeds. Then again, maybe he is eating his full and is just plain old hungry, he isn't starving or gaining too much so I guess I shouldn't worry too much.

I signed up for two grad classes today - need them for work. So we will soon be having 5 weeks of 3x a week evening class and then one full week in July of everyday being apart. I better get pumping!
Old 05-16-2012, 06:48 AM   #554
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the avatar comments
Quote:
your son is still very young. Mine is 5.5 months, his doctor said we could try to start pushing him to very four hours.
ahh, I wasn't sure exactly how old he was. I suppose that is a challenge of breastfeeding is not knowing how much they're taking in and just trusting they are taking enough! I wish you luck in figuring it out; I know if I try to go even just a few minutes later than Ben wants to eat, he starts crying loudly, so pushing off his feedings wouldn't work - well, not for my sanity, anyway :P
Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #555
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I really need to start proof reading my posts on this thread! LOL I am really not that awful of a speller or a typist but typing on my iPad is something else all together. LOL.

My DH was laughing at me because I looked up my school district's cut off date for registration in kindergarten (on or before Dec 1 --- Dec 1 is Sam's birthday). He said he has heard of planning ahead but he thinks I don't need to plan this far ahead! LOL I shrugged, I'm a teacher - knowing when he starts school was bugging me
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 AM   #556
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, it's another boy!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #557

yea! I love having 2 boys!
Old 05-16-2012, 10:20 AM   #558
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Boys galore! Congratulations!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
Well, it's another boy!
Congrats!!!

Sorry I've been Mia. I've been exhausted and busy

I have my first ultrasound June 4th. Can't wait
Old 05-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #560

Gallery: pocahontas
Congrats Happycat!

Disney - Good luck with the u/s. Its always so fun to see the little ones.

Well my temps have confirmed O and I am now in the 2 WW. We had great timing so fingers crossed!

I have had a headache for the last 2 days. I think you guys are rubbing off on me No really, I just need to drink more water. I used to get them all the time when I was pg with DS and my doc told me to drink more water and it helped tremendously. Dehydration while pg can be a killer.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #561

I have been dealing with dehydration while nursing, I literally have to force myself to drink or I forget.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #562
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks everyone! I'm actually really happy it's another boy. I think it's going to make things a little simpler (as far as not really having to buy too many new clothes if any, the fact that they can share a room, and hopefully they will be really close and the best of friends). It's intersting, because when I tell people, I sometimes get the feeling that they are disappointed because it's not a girl. Some don't even try to hide their disappointment! I find that I have to reassure a lot of people that I am really fine with having another boy. Plus, I hear that boys can be a lot easier to raise than girls. Something about drama, getting their periods and dating?
Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 AM   #563

I fully admitted than I wanted another boy. I see my friends with little girls and I will pass on that drama! LOL It just would not work well with my personality.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #564
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Nursing below a moving ceiling fan is very distracting to a 5 month old. he has also started gripping my breast while he eats - feels like a pinch ow! And he just loves to grab my hair and try to eat it. Crazy kid
Old 05-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #565

I honestly will take a boy or a girl. The only reason I'd like a girl now is to dress her up.
I LOVE my son and we'd have everything for a baby boy. My husband wants a girl.

I'm sick and emotional today. I'd like to quit life for a while please
Old 05-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #566
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
I have 2 girls...19 and 15. This one is a boy!
I don't think if I had him 10 or more years ago it would be the same. I like the idea of brand new!
Since it has been so long and everything is different, just like a brand new mommy!
Pregnancy is totally different, activity level is totally different. Toys, clothes, bedding, car seats, strollers, all new.
I had a brother, 3 years younger. I see the bond my two girls have...I wish I had that. I Love the idea of having two boys are two girl together.

I just started the third trimester....heart burn has started. Last night had to take tums before bed and then again this morning....before getting out of bed or eating everything.

28 weeks along.
How active has your LO been?
besides the kicks and little turns, mine has been dancing, seems like a massive full body squirm. I don't remember this much movement with my girls......but it has been 15+ years.

Cw 206 Gw 150
Avi is at goal weight. Got to get baby weight off.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #567
Senior LCF Member

Everyone tells me baby boys tend to be easier than baby girls as far as crying less, being less fussy, etc. I don't know how true that is since I don't have a baby girl to compare to, but I can sure say I now we're lucky with our boy - he hardly ever cries. He does get fussy sometimes, especially at night, but not to the point of crying and screaming as I've seen some talk about on other boards. He also doesn't get upset when I try to put clothes on him (one friend's baby used to freak out when she tried to dress him!), he doesn't care what bottles/nipples we use (we have about 5 different brands/styles), he's not too picky about the taste of his formula (we've tried multiple brands, and I add vitamins, DHA, and probiotics to it, and he never cares), he very rarely spits up at all...

I actually had a dream the other night that I was pregnant again and was having another boy. I was crying and super upset about it in my dream! I would like to have a girl the second time around, but I surely won't be upset if it's a second boy!

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-17-2012 at 10:51 AM..
Old 05-17-2012, 12:22 PM   #568

My baby boy is easy too.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #569

My son was easy too and at 2 1/2 still is.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:58 AM   #570
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Everyone tells me baby boys tend to be easier than baby girls as far as crying less, being less fussy, etc.
whoever told you that doesn't have both boys and girls! My first girl was HORRIBLE as a baby - cried all the time if she wasn't eating or sleeping - she turned out awesome, though! And my last boy was even worse! When he was bout six month old I finally resorted to doing infant masssage every night, complete with aroma therapy oil and candle just to get him calmed down enough to sleep. I continued doing that for the next year! He turned out to be a wonderful kid! So NO, NO, NO boys are not easier that girls. Every kid is different and it doesn't depend on the gender!

<<<<<Me
Closed Thread