Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #511
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
I co-slept and breastfed all my kids. In fact, my last one was a year old when I finally put him in his crib. I breastfed all my kids for 3 years. I don't believe you can spoil babies by giving them the safety and security they need.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 AM   #512
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
I had a hard time breast feeding my son. I hope this child is easier and I'm able even with the daycare. I'm worried about it. Anyone do breast feeding and formula?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #513
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kalania
Stats: (210)200/165
WOE: Low Sugar/Wheat
Start Date: restart January 1st 2012
I won't be co sleeping with this next one only because I don't sleep as well as I used to. However he or she will be in my room, not that far from me.

Last edited by Kalania; 05-10-2012 at 04:48 AM..
Old 05-10-2012, 06:11 AM   #514

I'm SO sick this morning
Old 05-10-2012, 06:15 AM   #515

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Sorry you are sick, I remember those days and I am very glad they are behind me.
I am in a bad mood today, hopefully I will turn it around. I am meeting some friends for lunch, maybe just getting out will cheer me up.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:23 AM   #516
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
We made it through the night. He slept in his crib on his back for two hour or less blocks of time. Definitely doesn't have self soothing skills as the only way it would work is if he fell asleep first in my arms or in the stroller and then we moved him to the crib but even THAT is a huge step at the moment.

All three of us are exhausted! Hopefully it gets easier tonight.

Dp -I've been breastfeeding exclusively and have just added formula to mix with his cereal - 2 oz a day.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
I always get confused....is co-sleeping when you have the baby in your room in a bassinnet or co-sleeper, or does it mean they sleep in the bed *with* you? I could never have Brandon sleep in bad with us....I have sleep apnea and have heard/read that it is dangerous to co-sleep especially if you are overweight or have sleep issues, or are under the influence of drugs or alchohol. (The only thing I am under the influence lately may be some Benedryll.) Plus, I don't think I'd enjoy it if he puked or had a diaper blowout in the middle of the night and have to change all the sheets on this king size bed. DH definitely does not want him in the bed with us. so, he's been sleping in his own bed (bassinett) right next to our bed. So close that DH can just roll over and pop his binky back in his mouth if he starts to fuss. I'm just not sure if what we do is considered co-sleeping or not?

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #518
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I think co-sleep usually means in bed with you. I'm not opposed to the idea of the occasional co-sleep however I could never get Sam to lay on his back next to me or on his belly on top of me. We do often sleep on the couch together as I just sometimes pass out asleep while he is feeding.

Different things work for different people/times/cultures...
Old 05-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #519

co sleeping is in the bed with you. James is right next to me all night, nursing on demand. But, you are correct, you should not co sleep if on drugs or over weight.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:24 AM   #520

I was opposed to co sleeping(yes in bed with us) at first too but after 2 weeks of NO sleep me and dh were willing to try anything. It worked great and it was very easy as I just rolled over to feed and was able to go back to sleep. I won't start that way with this baby but will turn to it if I need to
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #521
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sutton_02
Stats: 5'8" - Currently 172lbs / Goal of 150lbs
WOE: Paleo/Primal
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Morning everyone. Omg. I'm so tired! I remember this with ds and it's getting bad here now. I was in bed at 9pm last night and now can barely keep my eyes opened. Thank goodness I can squeeze in like a 30 minute nap in the afternoons. Still no appetite but I'm kind of rolling with it. Will be weighing every Saturday during my pregnancy as an official weight. I'm hoping to keep my gains minimal during the 1st trimester at least. I'm up a few pounds now but I know it's water weight. I'm a bloated mess!
I'm joining back in the conversation. I haven't been around since I got my BFP over a month ago. (I'm 9 weeks today)

I'm doing the same thing with the weigh-ins. I'm weighing every Friday to keep things in check. Maybe I should move it to Mondays in order to keep myself in check over the weekends.

So last weekend I got a lesson in the importance of nutrition in keeping pregnancy symptoms at bay. I made some "paleo" cereal, which consisted of coconut flakes, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries. I drizzled honey over and served it with coconut milk. I thought I had found a clever way to have something super yummy, but it made me feel yuck. I experienced nausea for the first time and felt very hungover and extremely tired. I think it was all the sugar from the honey and dried fruit that did it to me. It also led to more carb indulgences, which didn't help the situation.

Starting on Monday I went very low carb (not even fruit), and I've felt great all week. Except for a little fatigue here and there, I don't feel pregnant at all. I've been able to workout everyday, and my appetite for meat and eggs has resurfaced. I feel like a normal person!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #522
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
resisting fruit was tough, I wanted anything with sugar! It all looked so good. I dreamed of clementines! And soda, I wanted soda so badly.
Again, it was really hard, I took it day by day.
Wow, very inspirational! I hope I can be as disciplined for the next 7 months!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #523

I hope you can too! It is not easy, but really worth it.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutton_02 View Post
I'm joining back in the conversation. I haven't been around since I got my BFP over a month ago. (I'm 9 weeks today)

I'm doing the same thing with the weigh-ins. I'm weighing every Friday to keep things in check. Maybe I should move it to Mondays in order to keep myself in check over the weekends.

So last weekend I got a lesson in the importance of nutrition in keeping pregnancy symptoms at bay. I made some "paleo" cereal, which consisted of coconut flakes, walnuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries. I drizzled honey over and served it with coconut milk. I thought I had found a clever way to have something super yummy, but it made me feel yuck. I experienced nausea for the first time and felt very hungover and extremely tired. I think it was all the sugar from the honey and dried fruit that did it to me. It also led to more carb indulgences, which didn't help the situation.

Starting on Monday I went very low carb (not even fruit), and I've felt great all week. Except for a little fatigue here and there, I don't feel pregnant at all. I've been able to workout everyday, and my appetite for meat and eggs has resurfaced. I feel like a normal person!
This is good to know! I haven't made it vlc yet but I'm getting there slowly. I've actually barely eaten today. I've had lunch of eggs and some hash browns but that's it. Im hungry but just can't stomach anything.

I'm hoping by Saturday to be done with the carbs
Old 05-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #525
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Ghislaine
Stats: 197.5/184/128-138
WOE: Protein Power
Start Date: 1/2/12
Co-sleeping is having the baby in the room with you according to Dr. Sears, not necessarily bed sharing. I bed shared because I'm a light sleeper and that is what felt the most comfortable to me.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #526
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
This is good to know! I haven't made it vlc yet but I'm getting there slowly. I've actually barely eaten today. I've had lunch of eggs and some hash browns but that's it. Im hungry but just can't stomach anything.

I'm hoping by Saturday to be done with the carbs
You can do it! Have you tried a protein shake? Maybe you could blend up something nice and cold with protein, frozen berries, coconut milk, and even some spinach for some greens. Just an idea, as last week I had trouble with meat and eggs, so went the protein powder route to get in some protein.

This may sound weird, but this week I've been on this hot milk with butter kick. I heat up some SoDelicious unsweetened coconut milk, add stevia, vanilla, and a couple tablespoons of salted grass-fed butter. I've had this with breakfast every morning, and it is quite tasty. Plus, the grass-fed butter is giving the little one some good nutrition - Vit. A and K2, carotene, CLA, and other good fats. Good stuff!
Old 05-10-2012, 02:42 PM   #527

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghislaine View Post
Co-sleeping is having the baby in the room with you according to Dr. Sears, not necessarily bed sharing. I bed shared because I'm a light sleeper and that is what felt the most comfortable to me.
Yes, there are many debates about this on the pregnancy websites!

Co-sleeping = sharing a room
Bed-sharing = sharing a bed

We did a mix of both when DS was a baby. At 9 mo, we moved into a bigger apartment and he got his own room so we moved him in there. He has slept in there ever since. I do miss the snuggle time but he is far too big and wiggly to sleep with now!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #528

Ok. I'm starting strict lc tomorrow. You + this terrible heart burn has me convinced! Since it's just mr and my son for dinners I can easily make good lc meals. I have protein powder as well so I can try it out. I feel rotten and I'm willing to give it a shot
Old 05-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #529
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Ok. I'm starting strict lc tomorrow. You + this terrible heart burn has me convinced! Since it's just mr and my son for dinners I can easily make good lc meals. I have protein powder as well so I can try it out. I feel rotten and I'm willing to give it a shot
Good luck! I hope it works for you and you find some relief.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #530
gab
Major LCF Poster!

The only thing that helped my heartburn was milk. Tums did nothing for me. Gl with feeling better!

I ended up in tears tonight. I know it's not the last time, but that doesn't really make me feel better. He was just screaming like I was hurting him so badly. Broke my heart. I was saying to DH if only I could explain to him what I was doing so that he could understand me. Then if he didn't agree fine but at least he could discuss with me. Well, heis in his crib now for an hour...and I'm off to sleep too (if I can..) long night ahead still.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 05-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
The only thing that helped my heartburn was milk. Tums did nothing for me. Gl with feeling better!

I ended up in tears tonight. I know it's not the last time, but that doesn't really make me feel better. He was just screaming like I was hurting him so badly. Broke my heart. I was saying to DH if only I could explain to him what I was doing so that he could understand me. Then if he didn't agree fine but at least he could discuss with me. Well, heis in his crib now for an hour...and I'm off to sleep too (if I can..) long night ahead still.
I rememeber that too. I actually slept on the floor of my sons room just to be a little closer. This will pass and it will be better for both of you
Old 05-11-2012, 04:34 AM   #532

I never get why moms are so eager to separate and sleep apart from their babies. But, to each their own. I cannot imagine putting James in a separate room all night.
Good luck with the heartburn, tums did help me for that.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #533
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
So tired...not a good night last night. He was sleeping so well on Sunday night and Monday night, so I was so excited. But it's gotten progressively worse instead of better. He's 7 weeks tomorrow, and I'm really hoping all this newfound fussiness and shorter spans between bottles is just a growth spurt (read: temporary!). I'm wondering if I should bump him up an ounce in each bottle, but I don't want to overfeed him. At the same time, I know he'll stop drinking if he's full (he's done it before, only drank 3 ounces when there's 4 in the bottle), so I'm not sure why I'm so hesitant, but I am. Right now, we give him 4 ounces in his bottle during the day and 5 ounces in one or two bottles at night (depending on what times he eats - if it's around 11pm-midnight, we'll do 5 ounces just at that one, but if it's more like 9pm, then we'll do 5 and then 5 again when he wakes up in the wee hours).
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
I ended up in tears tonight.
heh, I was in tears last night, too! Different reason - we still have Ben in a pack n play in our room, but he just would NOT settle down last night. I was pretty mcuh awake with him from about 11:30pm until, umm...I never really got back to sleep after that. It was a bad night. I finally put him down and walked away and cried in bed around 5am. He doesn't scream or cry, but he just FUSSES - grunts and whines and squirms - so much and wakes up every 20 minutes or so (like eyes WIDE open).
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I never get why moms are so eager to separate and sleep apart from their babies. But, to each their own. I cannot imagine putting James in a separate room all night.
I'm thinking about moving Ben to his own room soon because he just won't sleep soundly. Even when he is asleep, he grunts and whines so much that I can't sleep because I'm constantly checking on him, listening to hear if it will work up to actual crying, etc. And I can't nap during the day since I'm back to work full time. I don't know what else to do. I've tried swaddling, double swaddling, no swaddling, sleeping with him on my chest, sleeping with him in between us in our bed (hurray for king size bed!)...he just won't sleep peacefully, which means I basically don't sleep at all. It's not that I'm "eager to separate." I just don't know what else to do and can't function well on a cumulative total of 2-3 hours of sleep broken up into little bits each night all week long.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-11-2012 at 08:02 AM..
Old 05-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #534

I have no advice for you, I have never really has these issues. James gets a little fussy, but nothing major. It sounds very difficult and I am not sure I could handle that stress. Just do your best to stay calm.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #535
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Hi ladies. I should O sometime this weekend. Temping, testing, and charting, oh my! I'm finally back on low carb again after a long break...way too long. I can't bring myself to update my signature weight. I've gained 15 pounds. I need to get serious now while we're TTC, so I can get down as far as I can before I get pregnant. In January I tapered off of my migraine medication and have been having terrible headaches ever since. I was taking Topamax as a daily preventative, but can't while I'm TTC or pregnant. A few weeks ago, I went to see a new neurologist, there is virtually nothing I can take. Tylenol is my only option, which does not work. They gave me the option of taking Vicodin or Percocet once I'm pregnant, but I refuse! No freakin' way. I can take my Amerge when I get a headache, until I find out I'm pregnant, then just Tylenol for the rest of the time. I'm really struggling, especially thinking about how long it could take us to get pregnant, meaning I'd be off my medication and having horrendous headaches that whole time. Ugh.

Shana

Last edited by Oregon Transplant; 05-11-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Old 05-12-2012, 04:51 AM   #536

Good luck Oregon. I get headaches when I'm pregnant. I have them now and had them my whole pregnancy with my son. They are awful. No matter how bad i feel I just keep telling myself it's all worth it

Morning ladies. Doing ok. Tired and battling morning sickness still. I guess I just have to accept it. Taking my son to the beach today. I'm so bloated I don't want to put on a bathing suit. Uggg!
Old 05-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #537

Good morning and happy mothers day to all you moms and moms to be.

Nothing special here as its just me and my son. I did go get my nails done last night as a treat.

Finally hit a solid lc day yesterday and felt decent, well as decent as I can. Im tired of feeling so cruddyn
Old 05-13-2012, 06:15 AM   #538
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Mother's day everyone.

Dp - glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #539
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Tylenol is my only option, which does not work.
Ugh, I am so sorry. I agree that Tylenol does not budge a headache. I'm allergic to NSAIDs (Advil/ibuprophen, naproxen, aspirin, etc.), so Tylenol/acetaminophen is all I'm ever able to take for basic aches and pains, and it sucks! I'm the type who tries not to take medicines very often, but sometimes, you really just NEED something, and when I do, I hate not having options!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:17 AM   #540

I had horrible headaches when I first got pregnant and tylenol did nothing. I was miserable for most of this pregnancy.
So glad it is done!
Had a lovely mother's day.
Closed Thread