Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #481
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
If only we could all be like Suzanne and lose weight so easily post-baby! I continue to GAIN. I was wrona bout it being easier to get back to low-carb when I went back to work since this week, even though I'm back at work, I also have guests at my house all week. I started yesterday well with a protein shake and then a small cup of chili, but then I had a bunch of trail mix (the nuts were fine, but there were also dried cranberries and strawberries), and then we went to Olive Garden for dinner. Freaking OLIVE GARDEN! I didn't have any breadsticks, but I did have pasta with my steak. Bleh.

And then I found out last night that we will be having overnight guests on Wednesday night (eek, that's tomorrow already!), and then my parents are staying the weekend with us, and my MIL is coming on Sunday for Mother's Day. It's also MY very first Mother's Day, so I'd rather not have her there, but...it is what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalania View Post
(I took soy isoflavones on day 2-5 [trying for twins ...
What are you doing to "try" for twins? What do the soy isoflavones do? Are there other things you do to try to increase your odds? This is very interesting to me! My mother was actually born with a twin brother, and there are twins on my dad's side of the family as well, so I've always secretly hoped to have twins myself. Tough to do when I only have one ovary, though!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #482
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kalania
Stats: (210)200/165
WOE: Low Sugar/Wheat
Start Date: restart January 1st 2012
soy isoflavones increase the rate of hyperinflation(works like and taken like clomid). I have one set of twins on my Mom's side and one on my hubby's side. This will have to be our last baby (because of my husband's age) so I am desperately hoping for twins (as I want 4)
Old 05-08-2012, 08:26 AM   #483
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I never eat off plan, that is why I lose so easily. No magic formula. I just love steak and burgers, except when pregnant! so weird.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #484
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lizzybme
Stats: 270/149.8/150,2011: 156/240/207/196.2 after baby
WOE: LC after baby year later
Start Date: 8/21/09, 11/6/2010 #100 lost, 149.8 3/3/2011
Oh now I want a cheeseburger!!!
I have ribeyes in the fridge...and I want a fast food hamburger! So weird.
I'm at 27 week mark. Don't even want to weight myself. I will tomorrow Doc appt. Need to know my reading not theirs.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #485
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Brandon has two front bottom front teeth that have started to poke through! Not bad for 6 months old! I am going to miss his adorable toothless grin though, LOL!

I had my sequential screen done (did the last blood test last week) and got a voice mail from the nurse yesterday that the results were "within normal range". That is different than how I did the testing last time (they called it a nuchal transcluency test I think?) Last time I got a range , and my Down's range was 1 in 141. That scared me, but I opted to not do an amnio because I was too afraid of the miscarriage risk. Luckily, the anatomy scan showed that everything looked okay so they decreased the risk to 1 in 280. And even more luckily, Brandon was fine.

Next week I get to do the anatomy scan, I can't believe I'm 18 weeks already!

Carlini-I wouldn't wait, but that's because of how long it took me to get pregnant with my first, and my age. I don't think there's *ever* going to be a perfect time, KWIM? I say go for it, and if it happens, great, and if it doesn't, enjoy your cruise (and the cocktails !)

Kalania-Welcome and good luck!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 AM   #486

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
After watching twins all day everyday I don't want my own. I'll take SOME sleep at night thanks! Lol. I'll keep the ones I have that I can give back at 5pm
Old 05-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #487

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I never eat off plan, that is why I lose so easily. No magic formula. I just love steak and burgers, except when pregnant! so weird.
That's awesome

So you just basically zero carb?

I have a carb addiction so one bite sets me off. That's what's hard about this pregnancy- meat and eggs are not very appealing. Vanilla wafers on the other hand are yum! And yestersy I ate half a box
Old 05-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #488

Hey Suzanne would you mind posting a typical pregnancy menu for yourself?
Old 05-08-2012, 11:44 AM   #489

pregnancy was really hard for me, the thought of any meat made me gag. My menu changed throughout. One week I could eat something and the next week I could not even have it in the house! And yes, cookies and candy always looked yummy!
I had a phase when I liked tuna and mayo. I also had a phase of artichokes every morning. When I really struggled with meat, I ate the all natural deli meat with mayo. Also, I ate dried sausages. Not the best choices, but better than cookies.
I could eat ground beef with cheese and onions. I did not love it, but could deal. In the last few weeks I ate only ground beef with a little salsa, which killed me with heartburn.
I had some periods I could do eggs with cheese and onions.
I had a few days when I could only eat cottage cheese.
I did the best I could and tried to make beef burgers the main part of my diet, but it was tough.
I had some zero carbs days and some days of higher carbs, but I kept it natural for the most part. Some processed meats as you can see.
I also did bacon, but it made me so bloated.
It sucked.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #490

Thanks so much! So no fruit and even very few veggies huh? The thought of veggies makes me want to right now so that's hopeful. Lol. I've been doing a lot of reading on kc pregnancies and I think it's really the way I want to go. Thanks again
Old 05-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #491

resisting fruit was tough, I wanted anything with sugar! It all looked so good. I dreamed of clementines! And soda, I wanted soda so badly.
Again, it was really hard, I took it day by day.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #492
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycat21 View Post
I had my sequential screen done (did the last blood test last week) and got a voice mail from the nurse yesterday that the results were "within normal range". That is different than how I did the testing last time (they called it a nuchal transcluency test I think?) Last time I got a range , and my Down's range was 1 in 141. That scared me, but I opted to not do an amnio because I was too afraid of the miscarriage risk. Luckily, the anatomy scan showed that everything looked okay so they decreased the risk to 1 in 280. And even more luckily, Brandon was fine.
Mine was a nuchal translucency as well. I've never heard of a sequential screen. I know 1 in 141 sounds scary, especially when we're used to hearing about risks being more like 1 in a number up in the thousands. But, if you think about it it, 1 in 141 is still less than even 1%. Like you this time around, I was never given any numbers, just said everything looked "normal."
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
After watching twins all day everyday I don't want my own. I'll take SOME sleep at night thanks! Lol. I'll keep the ones I have that I can give back at 5pm
I've always wanted twins. I think I'm pretty realistic about knowing it would be ridiculous in a lot of ways (double the feedings, double the diapers, double the crying, plus crying even when you're satisfying one of them...not to mention doible the mischief when they become mobile! And, of course, double the daycare costs...and before all of that, increased risks during the pregnancy). I want them even more now that I am with my husband because he says the children shouldn't outnumber the adults in the house, so he only wants to have 2 kids. I think it would be fun to end up pregnant with twins in the second pregnancy - what's he going to do, send one back? :P
Old 05-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #493

I would jump out a window if I had twins. So much more than I could handle.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #494
Senior LCF Member

I love the idea of twins....especially 2 boys to counter that I already have 2 girls. I know it'll be more work (especially as we are starting homeschooling this fall) but its worth it to me. I do stay at home and plan on cloth diapers and BFing, so some of the expenses aren't there.
This is almost like starting over for me.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #495

Gallery: pocahontas
I always wondered if I would have twins. I have one set on my Mom's side and 2 sets on my Dad's. DH has a set on his Dad's side too. We only want 2 kids but what if I end up with twins next? Im sure we would manage but what a rollercoaster that would be!

My temps have been all over the place because I am not sleeping very well. I think we need a new bed. DS woke up really early yesterday too so that didnt help. Its hard to temp at the same time every morning! I wish my OPK's would get here to help me get a handle on things. Ive never used them before but some friends highly rec'd them. I just entered my fertile window so its time to get busy!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #496

I love my twins I watch. Watching them makes me realize it is doable, and even fun at times! The one thing I can't stand is when they sleep and one wakes up because it means they both wake. I think if I had twins I would put them I'm separate rooms!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #497
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
I don't know how Moms of twins do it! I think one at a time is enough for me. Can't even imagine have triplets or quadruplets (or any "uplets").
I imagine though that you do what you have to do.

I have been real beat today. Dh actually was able to let me get in two naps. tomorrow we are starting some sleep training to transfer Sam to his crib so I know we will not be sleeping a whole lot in the next few days. Sam hates sleeping flat on his back (or at least it seems that way to me - he is too young to really hate something).

Did I tell you all his first tooth has arrived? It hurts when he chews on my finger now - such a little thing but sharp! And he sort of bit down on my nipple the other day with that tooth - OW!
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #498
Senior LCF Member

Andi - I know that feeling well. I'm supposed to be waking up at 6:30 but between my insomniac husband and my needed to be replaced bed, I always wake up at varying times so my chart is unreliable. I had all the signs in the past couple of days so I assume I ovulated yesterday or the day before.

Gab - ooooh! My girls didn't start getting teeth until 9 months so I avoided most of that.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #499
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gab-we have to start tranferring Brandon into his crib too. I'm so embarassed to admit, but he's still sleeping in his bassinett, and he is over the weight limit and probably a little too long for it too. He sleeps so well in there though (he's still in our room). we've put him in his crib a couple of times and he seems to sleep okay, but then he wakes up coughing and then my husband gets him out and puts him back in his bassinett. Sigh....I am having trouble cutting the cord and don't want to kick him out of our bedroom. Unfortuntately, because DH had to get the king size bed, we have pretty much no room for a crib in there. I'll be interested to hear how it goes transferring Sam to his crib.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #500

We co-slept with our son until he was 4 months old and then put him in his crib. It took a few nights but then he was great and slept like a pro. He's still a great sleeper.

Wow 6 months with teeth! My son didn't get his 1st until he was 13 months! I couldn't imagine him having them while breast feeding. Ouch!

Went to the doctor today to get a referral for my first prenatal. They will call in 24-48 hours to set it up I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I'm going to record it for dh and email it to him

Doing ok today. Woke up and got in a workout and then started my day. I'm tired now! I'm going to bed early for sure
Old 05-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #501
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Went to the doctor today to get a referral for my first prenatal. They will call in 24-48 hours to set it up I can't wait to hear the heartbeat. I'm going to record it for dh and email it to him
Not that I'm a spokesman promoting a product... but, I bought a sonoline doppler link here when I was 10w. with DH gone he asks to hear the baby's HB, so it's a family thing - me and the dogs lay on the bed and "find the baby" and I've always had strong readings in the 150's range. We heard and saw the HB at the 7w U/S, at 10w the doc used a doppler and showed me where baby was hiding (very low, left side, at the underwear line) After that appointment I knew I wanted one of those things for peace of mind. Seriously... it's just amazing. Your little boy (and big boy!) would love it.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
Not that I'm a spokesman promoting a product... but, I bought a sonoline doppler link here when I was 10w. with DH gone he asks to hear the baby's HB, so it's a family thing - me and the dogs lay on the bed and "find the baby" and I've always had strong readings in the 150's range. We heard and saw the HB at the 7w U/S, at 10w the doc used a doppler and showed me where baby was hiding (very low, left side, at the underwear line) After that appointment I knew I wanted one of those things for peace of mind. Seriously... it's just amazing. Your little boy (and big boy!) would love it.
This is a great idea!!!!!! Thanks. If me and dh can Skype he could hear it
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #503
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Happyat - my son sleeps in his car set still. At first it started because often the only way to get him to sleep was to drive around with him. Then, he would only sleep on his back for 45 min to 1 hour in the bassinet but 3 hours in the car seat. So here we are...just a week past 5 months. I figure we might as well jump to the crib. Our house is pretty small so not being in the same room doesn't concern me too much.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #504
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Thanks for the input.

We've decided to wait until October. I'll see you guys in a few months, but I'll enjoy reading your posts and following your stories in the meantime.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #505
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gab-does your son want to flip on his belly in the bassinett? Brandon kept doing that....and it alarmed me so much that I called the pediatrician. You get so afraid of SIDS because it is ingrained in us that we should put them "back to sleep". However, the pediatrician said that as long as there as the mattress is firm, there are no loose objects in the crib (blankets, stuffed animals, etc) and we keep the room cool, there really wasn't a problem with him flipping onto his belly. Truth is, he just slept more soundly on his belly and his side, just did not really prefer to be on his back (like mommy like son I guess! ) Also, we always give him a binky now when he goes to sleep. He doesn't keep it in all night, but it helps soothe him so he goes to sleep on his own. I've read that the binky can help reduce the risk of SIDS too because it keeps them breathing/sucking.

Last edited by Happycat21; 05-09-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 05-09-2012, 12:08 PM   #506
gab
Major LCF Poster!

He hasn't figured out how to flip, yet, he gets about 3/4 of the way. It is easier for him to flip in the car seat one of the major reasons I decided now was the best time to transfer him. DH took vacation time this week so...and better now than right before I go back to work. We are in for a few looooooooooong rough nights, I can just feel it.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #507
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah, I know....that's another reason why I am dreading the transition to the crib for Brandon. he sleeps so soundly now....I just wish they made an adjustable bassinett...then maybe when he's 10 or 11, he can go into his own bed, LOL!

good luck, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.
Old 05-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #508
gab
Major LCF Poster!

People warned me in the beginning I was spoiling him but I felt that getting some sleep for myself and DH so we could just function was pretty important too. He is not much of a sleeper to start with (apparently I was the type of child that NEVER slept unless I was in constant motion). However, I feel now that I am ready to face it - I have gotten a lot more sleep the past few weeks and don't feel like I am ready to collapse in the shower or while driving. So maybe he did get spoiled a little -but he is my baby and only this little for so long.

So far he has not wanted to drift off to nap except in my arms today... maybe by tonight he will be tired enough to just crash. ::fingers crossed::
Old 05-09-2012, 04:15 PM   #509

Good luck gab! I'm all for spoiling the babies. I hear a lot of bad about co sleeping but to me it was worth it. Hope you get some sleep tonight
Old 05-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #510

I co sleep and love it.
Closed Thread