LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #451
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I had a low carb pregnancy and have a very healthy little boy. I know a few moms who were able to stay zero carb when pregnant and they all have healthy babies. I am back to zero carb and make tons of milk for nursing too.
We had a photo session with both our boys today and it went very well. This afternoon, dh and Andrew are working outside and I am sitting here with James. He is sleepy today and so am I. Maybe we will nap.
Thanks, Suzanne. I know you've done very well with LC during pregnancy and that's reassuring since I may be looking at GD if I get pregnant this cycle. But I think it CAN be controlled with diet - the nurse refused to even let me try.

Post the photos!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #452
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
Hey jes - glad to see you. Fingers crossed for happy results in the next few weeks.

I am doing okay. Been having a hard time getting back to lc eating...ive convinced myself (again) that it is too much work. I know it isn't. I don't know what is my "wall"
I hear you, sista.

As for the breastfeeding, if you can make it 6 months that's great. I have low supply so I had to start supplementing with formula and that worked well for me and allowed me to nurse longer. Just a thought.

Hang in there - the pumping can really wear you down.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #453
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
I have learned to not ask permission regarding my eating. All of the doctors in my practice are over weight, so I am guessing they do not have a handle on their own eating.
I know lc works, I do not need approval. Even the 3 hour glucose test. I was not going to drink that sugar. I just told my doctor it made me throw up and I could not drink it. She could have cared less. I never mentioned my diet or why I did not want the test.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
Start Date: every day
I just ate to my meter. I found that when I started introducing too many carbs into my meals, my bs went up. When I kept my carbs down, my bs stayed lower. Didn't seem that difficult for me to understand and to control. I didn't follow their "cockamanie" diet plan. I did my own thing, my meter told me all I needed to know. I did start having trouble with my fasting bs numbers (not too high, but just a bit over the 90 they wanted---never had over 102.) I did take a very small dose of glyburide before I went to bed each night to assist with that. I really fought the insulin. This doctor was coming at me with insulin guns hot from the beginning! But I really showed them that LC can work. And work very well.

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 05-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #455
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
I'm with suzanne - no need to ask permission to eat the way you know works best! I happen to have found an OB and a PCP who are on board with my eating, but if they weren't, I would still know low carbing would be best for me. I actually changed doctors a few times to find some who were supportive, understanding, and educated about the benefits of low carb.

I'll be back on a healthier eating plan starting Monday. I really think going back to work will help because I'll have a somewhat more normal routine/schedule, at least during the day.

I got a great phone call from my sister today - she found someone to cover her shift on Wednesday, so she will be able to stay with us al week next week! My daycare doesn't want to start watching Ben until the 14th, so I have next week without daycare. My sister was going to watch him Monday and Tuesday (huge since she lives 200 miles away - she and her daughter, who just turned 5, will be camping out in our guest room), but now she can help us out all week. Otherwise, I was going to have to "work from home" Wednesday and Thursday and actually be watching Ben all day, too, which would have been a challenge! Jeff's cousin is going to come to cover us for Friday, which is still good because it will give my sister time to take my niece to a museum or something if they want to while they're up here (she LOVED going into DC last time they visited!).

I also think Ben's hitting a bit of a growth spurt, which I think is normal since he'll be 6 weeks on Saturday. Ben has slept almost ALL day today, even though he slept normally last night. He also kept chewing on his hand after his last bottle but refused his pacifier, so I gave him another ounce of formula, which he sucked down and didn't spit up at all. That's the first time I've ever given him more than 4 ounces in one feeding. I think I'll do the same - 5 ounces - when I feed him his last bottle before putting him down for the night; I'm thinking it might help him sleep a bit better.

Oh, and I have scheduled some good ME time for this coming weekend. Saturday morning, I'm going to a salon/spa for a haircut, eyebrow wax, French manicure, and pedicure. I've not had ANY of these done since before I got pregnant, so it's been amost a year! Jeff has homework for a presentation he has to give on Monday night, but he agreed to watch Ben Saturday morning so I could go get prettied up before I go back to work I'll then take Ben for the afternoon - my friend is having her little boy's first birthday party, so we'll go there to get some socializing time in. Should be a good weekend!
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #456

I need a pedicure so badly and an eyebrow wax.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #457

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Thanks for all the reassurances about being LC while pregnant. I've been doing searches and searches and there's so much out there! As of Saturday I'll be going strict LC with some fruit I believe.

LONG day here and I was on the verge of tears for most of it. I'm waiting for ds to go to bed so I can actually cry for a minute. Sigh.

I did manage a good run this evening and that helped
Old 05-04-2012, 03:58 AM   #458

Good morning. I get my new iPad today so I'll be able to read and respond better

Well, I woke up at 1am with severe morning sickness and I'm still fighting it now. I feel awful. Ughg. I decided I'm starting clean LC eating today. I'm hoping it helps with some of the queeziness.

Anyone get light headed while pregnant? While I was getting ready this morning I got very dizzy for a minute.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #459

I eventually had to take medication for my morning sickness. It helped, but I was still gagging a lot. I hope yours goes away, I was sick until the day I gave birth.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:15 AM   #460

Gallery: pocahontas
DP, I ate LC while pg with DS too! I didnt tell my doc but she actually suggested it to keep my weight down because I was overwieght when I found out I was pg. It worked very well for me! I only added fruit and some steel cut oatmeal, otherwise everything else was the same as my regular LC food. I did have a problem with my fasting BS numbers but overall I passed the GTT. I found that eating a protein snack before bed helped tremendously.

Well TOM is gone and I am ready and anxoius for O time to get here so we can get the show on the road!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #461
Thick and Delicious

Gallery: CARLINI
Stats: 303/252/140
WOE: Eating REAL food
Start Date: 2/14/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas View Post
Well TOM is gone and I am ready and anxoius for O time to get here so we can get the show on the road!
This is me... I just want to get started! I've waited so long to be a mom

We have a 7 day Alaskan cruise scheduled for the end of Sept and DH thinks it's best to wait TTC until we return. I'm so anxious I don't want to wait. He doesn't want me to be sick on the cruise, and wants me to be able to eat/drink what I want so I can enjoy myself. But that's five more months.

Do you think DH has a valid point? I'll be 36 in July.

Baby Boy born 10/11/13
Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #462

Not all pregnant women get nausea! And it usually last a few weeks at most.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #463

Oh he does have a valid point carlini but that's a hard decision. Me and Dh kind of had a choice like that too- get pregnant now or wait 6 months until he returned fr
Deployment. I wanted now because like you I didn't want to wait another year and a half before we'd actually have the baby! I'd think hard about it

Doing ok here. I had some pretzels but am otherwise LC today. I actually stomached eggs with avocado this morning. I have NO appetite so I'm forcing food during the day.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #464
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Hi all -

Here's my adventure for the day: My father had just eaten some peanuts then was kissing Sam on his face. Sam broke out in red splotches almost immediately. Called his pediatriction who said to just put some cortisone cream on it. Thankfully my parents had some and he started to show improvement right away. Scared me a little, but since he was breathing, laughing just fine, I wasn't too worried.

Carlini - tough call. I think you both have valid perspectives. I know when I was encouraged by my doc to wait a bit longer to lose some more weight, I really didn't want to. I wanted a baby. I decided to go ahead and start ttc while continuing to lose weight because I wasn't sure how long it would take. We were successful in our second month.

I'm going to be separated from my baby for the longest time yet tomorrow - 12 hours! I'm both looking forward to tomorrow's activities - Madame tussaud's wax museum, Broadway show and dinner - and dreading being gone for so long especially since I don't see how pumping could happen and 12. Hours! I'll survive somehow.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200
Old 05-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #465
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Well, today is officially my last day of maternity leave And it was a busy one! Ben and I went and met up with a group of other local new moms at a park (found them on meetup.com). That was at 10 this morning, so we had left the house at about 9:50am and didn't get home until about 10 after 5 this afternoon. After the meetup group, we went to the mall because I had to get a goft for the 1-year-old's birthday party we're going to tomorrow afternoon. I also learned the hard way that shopping for other people's kids is an expensive venture because everything I wanted to buy as a gift I also ended up buying for Ben!

I also bought my husband and me new plain white shirts (his is a polo, mine sort of a 3/4 sleeve t-shirt) to wear for our family portraits next week. We're just going to wear the white shirts and jeans, and Ben will sport a plain white onesie. We never had professional "newborn" photos of Ben, so this will be it! Hey, 6 weeks is still a newborn - he's still wearing newborn size clothes
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Anyone get light headed while pregnant? While I was getting ready this morning I got very dizzy for a minute.
That was the only symptom of pregnancy I had that stuck with me for quite some time. I had a hard time showering because I would get lightheaded, dizzy, and actually start to black out, and I would have to sit on the side of the tub until it passed. I had to take my showers as quickly as possible - luckily, my darling husband understood why I didn't shave (anything!) for months at a time! In my late second and third trimesters, I couldn't stand still for more than a few minutes without getting a bit lightheaded. I remember standing in Home Depot ordering some fixtures for a bathroom remodel we did, and I had to pull over a stool from a nearby counter because I couldn't just keep standing there while the guy entered all the info into the computer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLINI View Post
We have a 7 day Alaskan cruise scheduled for the end of Sept and DH thinks it's best to wait TTC until we return. I'm so anxious I don't want to wait. He doesn't want me to be sick on the cruise, and wants me to be able to eat/drink what I want so I can enjoy myself. But that's five more months.

Do you think DH has a valid point? I'll be 36 in July.
It's really up to you - you'll survive the cruise even if you are sick or can't drink alcohol or whatever. My sister actually was early in her pregnancy when she and her husband took an Alaskan cruise - they'd gotten married in the early spring and did the cruise as their honeymoon, but it was actually a couple months after their wedding since they had to wait for Alaskan cruise season. She ended up getting pregnant sooner than expected and was pregnant on the cruise. She did spend a good amount of time puking over the side of the ship!
Old 05-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #466

Well, that is a pretty painless way to find out he has a peanut allergy! It could have been a lot worse.
I am currently in hiding from my husband and his foul mood. Man, he can be a great guy, but he is a a$$ when in a bad mood.
At least Andrew is at his grandma's house so he won't have to deal with it.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #467
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Yes definitely a relaxed way in a sense. It isv weird though. I know I have had pb around him plenty and almonds and pistachios. No reaction to those in the past. I think the doc said its not an allergy until they ingest it...but I will be careful and eventually have him tested by an allergist.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 AM   #468

That's scary gab! I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious!

Jilly- we did the white/white onsie pictures when dh was about 9 months. They were really cute!

Morning everyone. First weekend without dh. It's kind of a sad morning.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #469
gab
Major LCF Poster!

My post this morning didn't go through...

Dp - you are one weekend closer to being with DH again. My cousin just got home from a year stationed in Japan. It is so tough on both sides being apart.

Jilly - hope you enjoyed your beauty day.

Suzanne hope DH has improved his mood
Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #470

Dh is back to a good mood! He was just mad about money. My weight was up slightly today 123.7. So I am watching portions a bit more today. We have church today and then my son's hockey game after lunch.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:50 AM   #471

Glad your dh is in a better mood! Enjoy your day. My hubby plays hockey

Morning everyone. I had a long night. We had major thunderstorms and my son is terrified. I'm letting him sleep in today. Plus I'm having some cramping. I hate that! I worry over every little pain I know it's normal but I still don't like!

Not too much going on today. Errands and a workout during nap time. I'm kind of scared to weigh. I can't seem to eat well no matter what I try
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #472

Good morning. Can't sleep on my morning to sleep in. Why Does that happen?

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty uneventful.

I go Wednesday for my pg test. Here I have to take a test with my PCM before I can get a prenatal appointment with the ob/gyn

Managed my first lc day yesterday. I ate a lot of almonds but I figured it was better than the alternative. Hopping to keep it up as long as I can stomach it. Eggs are a no no right now
Old 05-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #473

123 today. I totally overate yesterday and need to watch that.
Baby James is nursing away.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 AM   #474

Gallery: pocahontas
Carlini - I wouldnt wait! I am too impatient and honestly, there will always be something. I was never sick even a minute during my pregnancy with DS so I would have been fine. Sure its a bummer not to be able to have some cocktails but its so worth it! Obviously, its up to you but I just wanted to share my thoughts.

gab - Just bring your pump, nursing cover and a small cooler and pump in the car!

suzanne - Glad DH is in a better mood!

Jilly - Good luck at work! .

DP - I havent slept in in almost 16 months!

We are going out of town on Saturday and that is right around when I should be O'ing, based on my cycle history. It seems like this always happens! I told DH we need to get busy before and after, LOL!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #475
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kalania
Stats: (210)200/165
WOE: Low Sugar/Wheat
Start Date: restart January 1st 2012
I'll be joining you guys I am trying to conceive #3...this is cycle #2 for me. I am back on induction level as I have a serious wheat addiction. I gained 50 lbs with both of my previous pregnancies and would like to avoid that.
I am around my O time now.....3 consecutive days of positive OPKs.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:36 AM   #476

Suzanne- how oldj is your baby? You are so close to your goal weight!

Sorry andi! Me and dh conceived while traveling

Good luck kalania!

Morning everyone. Omg. I'm so tired! I remember this with ds and it's getting bad here now. I was in bed at 9pm last night and now can barely keep my eyes opened. Thank goodness I can squeeze in like a 30 minute nap in the afternoons. Still no appetite but I'm kind of rolling with it. Will be weighing every Saturday during my pregnancy as an official weight. I'm hoping to keep my gains minimal during the 1st trimester at least. I'm up a few pounds now but I know it's water weight. I'm a bloated mess!

Hope everyone has a good morning. Need my cup of coffee before the kids roll in
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 AM   #477

My baby is five weeks today!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #478
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kalania
Stats: (210)200/165
WOE: Low Sugar/Wheat
Start Date: restart January 1st 2012
Good Morning DisneyP I remember those tired days so well during my last pregnancy (7 years ago lol)
I'm exhausted but I think its because I'm detoxing from getting off my low carb diet.

My temp is up this morning, got my fingers crossed that I O'd. (I took soy isoflavones on day 2-5 [trying for twins and I had late ovulation on the previous cycle], charting my temp, using OPKs and the usual TMI methods (lol)

Suzanne - awwww! 5 weeks is so little! Your baby is adorable (I love newborns)
Old 05-08-2012, 05:22 AM   #479
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
I'm at 16 weeks today. Blood sugars are right on track. I'm only up 2lbs but my boobs feel like bricks. I have an appt with the doc next week, then the next appt will be the gender u/s! Can't wait!

DP - before I was pregnant I would eat a fried egg & cheese on an english muffin EVERY MORNING. I had to switch to a fruit smoothie because I had terrible morning sickness and that was all I could stomach that early in the day. I even stopped the coffee because that was just too much. Don't be hard on yourself if you can't eat on plan for every meal, some things are just not appealing anymore. I'm no die-hard though, I cave frequently. Actually, I wouldn't call it caving because I'm not very restrictive to begin with. Whoppers are my best friend right now but i know once I have the baby I can't eat like that again!

good luck to the Ovulators!!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #480

Wow suzanna! I hope it only take 5 weeks to get my weight down! I'm still carrying my 2 year olds baby weight! Lol.

Thanks Krissy. I'm not being too hard. I eat when I can and what I can. I have very little appetite now.

I did manage eggs for breakfast but as I was putting a roast in the crockpot for dinner I about uncooked meat is NOt my friend
Closed Thread