Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #421
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Congrats DisneyP. You have a lot going on. I am always in awe of our military families.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: every day
Congrats DisneyPrincess! I just found out that my daycare provider (it's an in home day care run by a mother and her daughter) is pregnant, with twin boys. I'm so happy for her, she's been trying for so long to get pregnant too, she's 37 years old. I hate to admit, I do worry how she's going to be able to take care of all the kids as she gets farther along. Her mother told me not to worry, her other daughter can pitch in.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:09 AM   #423
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
My pregnancy was so terrible, I cannot imagine having to work at the same time. I think I spent 9 months sitting on the couch and even that was a struggle. People keep saying how great I look now. Well, I hope I look better since I am not on the verge of puking all day!
I gained 35 pounds with this pregnancy, but he was born at 37 weeks. So, I probably would have been closer to 40 or more. But, it literally just fell off.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #424

Gallery: pocahontas
Congrats DP! So excited for you.

I had a great pregnancy with DS too, actually only gianed 12lbs and was down 35 from my starting weight not long after I brought him home. I was never sick and stuck to LC as best I could. It was tough in the first Tri because meat made me just thinking about it.

Well I am out this cycle. TOM showed up yesterday. I know we are only 3 or 4 cycles in to TTC#2 but I am getting so impatient! We were very lucky and got PG on the 2nd cycle with DS. Part of me is sad because originally I wanted our kids to be 18mo apart and then we moved from SD to SF and I started a new job, etc. and that put us behind 6mo. Now we are passing by the 2yr apart mark. Its silly stuff to be sad about but I am nonetheless!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:10 PM   #425
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Welcome, DisneyPrincess! I had some nausea very early in my pregnancy, but as soon as I confirmed I was pregnant, I went very strict with my diet - low carb, no soy, no artificial sweeteners, no junk...and the nausea was gone within a week and never came back! If only I could have stuck with it for the entire pregnancy...

My weight is out of control. When I came home from the hospital, I got down to 195 very eaily (pre-pregnancy weight was about 185-187), so I was excited. However, I'm now closing in on 210 (was 206.5 last I checked, and that was last week, I think). As soon as I stopped trying to breastfeed, I was SCREWED. Probably a combination of not burning as many calories and having more time to actually eat food. Now, I feel hungry CONSTANTLY, which is tough to battle. Back to work full time Monday, so hopefully will be able to settle into a better routine with healthier eating.

We will be bringing Ben to daycare starting on the 14th (family will help with watching him next week when I go back to work), and we're bringing him to meet our daycare provider on Wednesday. I'm excited for her to meet him - I really like her and feel good about leaving him with her. I think it will be an easier transition for me than if I were to use a larger daycare facility.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 05-01-2012, 05:06 AM   #426

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Thanks again everyone! I'm working on cleaning up my diet starting today! Not just for me, but for the baby as well. I'm so sluggish and I know a lot of it is my diet. I also made a vow to keep moving this pregnancy. I'm a runner and will keep it up as long as I can. My son loves to be pushed in the stroller so even if I can't run we will be walking a lot.!

We made my pregnancy known to our family yesterday. I know it's early but Dh wanted to share before he deployes. This is going to be a LONG pregnancy!

Jilly- I have 2 twins who've I've watched since they were very little. A lot of parents prefer the smaller settings, especially with young kids. I'm glad you are so at ease!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:12 AM   #427

My nausea never we t away. I had a week off plan, but my nausea was just as bad and then my emotions were a mess too. At least when I went back to lc I was just sick and not a crazy person too!
My weight is about 4 or 5 pounds from pre pregnancy weight of 120, so I feel pretty good. I certainly do not look like I just had a baby. With Andrew it took a lot longer to lose those 60 plus pounds I gained!
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #428
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
welcome to the group, DP!
andi, you'll get it next time!

i am 15w and still have my nausea moments, and last night was a complete couch night. some days i am here & there running lots of errands and walking 2-3 miles, other days i can't even get off the couch to move to the bed at night.

anyone else have majorly dry skin when pregnant? i feel like a reptile. i drink enough water, but apparently i need to drink more and constantly apply lotion.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #429
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
Start Date: every day
KQT-I didn't have the dry skin while pregnant, but I had lots of itchy skin. My belly got really bad at some points!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #430
Senior LCF Member

This is my sixth and last week at home, and I'm starting to get REALLY tired. I've been very fortunate so far because Ben generally doesn't cry much and has been a good easygoing baby. But within the past week or so, he's gone from a pretty set schedule of eating and sleeping patterns to almost no schedule at all, and it's been really hard for me to keep up. He started being awake more during the day, then started sleeping more during the day again, and now he seems to sleep multiple times during the day, but only for an hour or so at a time, which is not long enough for ME to also take a nap. And at night, he makes SO MUCH noise, even while sleeping, that I am constantly up looking to see if he is awake or just making noises in his sleep, and he still eats every 4 hours around the clock, so I'm starting to get MORE sleep deprived as he gets older - I thought it was supposed to be the other way around! I don't know how I'm going to function next week when I go back to work...I'm seriously very concerned about how I'm going to perform at my job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
Jilly- I have 2 twins who've I've watched since they were very little. A lot of parents prefer the smaller settings, especially with young kids. I'm glad you are so at ease!
I'm actully surprised that I feel as at ease about it as I do. I thought I would have a REALLY hard time with an in-home daycare because my niece actually had her wrist and leg broken at a home daycare when she was less than a year old. It was a pretty traumatic family experience including a court trial, investigations, and obviously lots of emotional distress. Luckily, my niece is fine and healthy now, but my sister quit her job when all that happened because she couldn't stand to put her daughter into daycare again. The logical part of my brain knows that bad things can happen in any type of care situation (in-home, facility, nanny, etc.), but it's still hard from an emotional perspective. I'm glad I've found someone I feel really comfortable with (and we're PAYING for that comfort level, too, as she's a bit more expensive than many of the other in-home daycares in the area!).

Last edited by jillybean720; 05-01-2012 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #431

Ok- so I can't seem to get this good eating kick going. Do vanilla wafers count!?
I started the day good with some eggs and cantalope and then it went downhill. Dh leaves Thursday morning. Thinking I'll just practice portion control until then. Once he's gone I can have chxiken for dinner everyday and be happy!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #432
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Month to Month | Facebook

Thought I would share...back tomorrow. Night all!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #433
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Welcome Disney Princess and CONGRATULATIONS!

Gab- He's adorable! Thanks for sharing pics.

Not much to report here...waiting to ovulate again, period just ended yesterday. I found out about my new health insurance coverage today- infertility treatments are NOT covered, no meds, not procedures, nothing. I'm praying we won't need them, because it will all be out of pocket. Devastating news.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #434

I'm so sorry Oregon

Good morning. It's a sad day here as I have to watch my husband say goodbye to our 2 year old tonight. It breaks my heart thinking about it. Dh leaves at about 2am. Sigh.....

Feeling very queezy this morning. Anyone find any LC foods they could choke down? The thought of eggs makes me want to
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #435
gab
Major LCF Poster!

DP - I can't imagine saying goodbye. Sending you all lots of hugs, love, and strength. As for foods, I ate Greek yogurt most days. I never had the naseua just horrible heartburn in the third trimester.

Jilly - my heart goes out to you. Can't imagine going back to work even now. Sam eats about 7 times a day (usually closer to three hour blocks), sometimes takes two naps of maybe an hour each, and he doesn't really have a schedule though his routine is pretty consistant. They say babies mix it up at 6 weeks, 12 weeks and again at 16...or something like that.

I know I have learned to sleep through his fussy movements at night and only wake up to his hungry noises now.

I wish you all the best as you make the transition!

OT - insurance can be such a nightmare!

KQT - try coconut oil for your skin, that helped me. My SIL has horrible dandruff with her pregnancy right now and it helped her also.
First goal: 250 6/24/14
Second goal: 244.6 7/23/14
Third goal: 200

Last edited by gab; 05-02-2012 at 05:34 AM..
Old 05-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #436

When I had bad nausea days I ate all natural cold cuts with mayo or dry sausage. Not the best choices for sure, but some days it was the only food I could manage. I also allowed cottage cheese or sweet potato on my really bad days. Some days were really bad and even looking at me made me gag.
I did the best I could.
Oh, I also allowed artichokes, which I could eat without puking.
James is nursing away all day, he is a bit over nine pounds now, so gaining well. I am losing well, down to 124 so four pounds to go. I am loving food again and eating big old steaks everyday. So nice to enjoy my meat again!
Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #437
Senior LCF Member

I had a very frustrating day yesterday. I think being tired combined with Ben's shake-up of his routine combined with my anxiety of going back to work next week combined with having lots to do still for our new house and getting our townhouse ready to rent out...I spent a good hour yesterday afternoon just crying! With Ben being so awake now during the day but still not responding to anything (no smiles or giggles or cooing or anything yet), I get frustrated because I don't know what to DO with him. He must have felt my frustration because he slept better last night, so I'm in better spirits today. My husband had his last class last night for his Tuesday/Thursday class, and he only has one more Monday night class left, and then he's going to take a break - no classes for the summer semester. So, hopefully, he will be more available to help with Ben, and I won't feel so frustrated all the time. I expect to reach a bit of a turning point in the next few weeks as my husband is home more and Ben hopefully starts smiling and doing all the adorable baby things that makes this all worthwhile For now, just deep breaths and one day at a time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
I found out about my new health insurance coverage today- infertility treatments are NOT covered, no meds, not procedures, nothing. I'm praying we won't need them, because it will all be out of pocket. Devastating news.
Ugh, that sucks! I know it's becoming more common, though, as employers and insurance companies try to find ways to cut back. Hopefully, it's a moot point because you won't need it!
Quote:
It's a sad day here as I have to watch my husband say goodbye to our 2 year old tonight. It breaks my heart thinking about it. Dh leaves at about 2am. Sigh.....

Feeling very queezy this morning. Anyone find any LC foods they could choke down? The thought of eggs makes me want to
Aww...how long will your husband be gone on this deployment? Will he be home for the baby, or will they at least allow him to come home for a bit once the baby is born? My sister was a military wife, but they've since divorced, and they didn't have any kids together, so I'm not sure how it all works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
They say babies mix it up at 6 weeks, 12 weeks and again at 16...or something like that.
Sounds about right since he's about 5.5 weeks now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
James is nursing away all day, he is a bit over nine pounds now, so gaining well. I am losing well, down to 124 so four pounds to go. I am loving food again and eating big old steaks everyday. So nice to enjoy my meat again!
Remind me how old James is? Ben was an even 10 pounds at his one-month checkup. I'm jealous of your weight loss! When I was trying to breastfeed, my weight was great, but as soon as I stopped, it all came PILING back on - I gained like 10 pounds in 2 weeks! I've managed to since at least stop gaining, but I sure have more losing to do now than I expected. C'est la vie - I'd rather have the extra weight than not have the baby
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #438
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Heartbeat was a steady 155 today for the baby, scheduled the gender u/s for june 5. Doc was very impressed with my BS numbers and so far I am sitting at a 2lb gain. I don't need the cerclage, so happy about that!

Dp - thoughts and prayers for deployment day! My husband works out of state and comes home one weekend a month, but you are by far a superstar for that balancing act on your plate! I just have two dogs to deal with on my own!

Jilly, you also have a lot to juggle but you have a good head on your shoulders. Once you get into your working/normal routine I bet the weight will come off easier for you.

Oregon, I will def keep my fingers crossed for your fertile days. I recommend the digital ovulation sticks, that's how we got our nugget! I think it was day 18 or 19 by the time I O'ed and we only got one romp in before hubby had to head back out of town.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #439

Dh will be gone 6-7 months so he will be back before the baby is born. We actually planned this. We had 6 weeks to get pregnant and it happened right away.
I'd rather have him away for the pregnancy than the birth.

Forgive my lack of personals. I'm posting from my phone as I wait for my new iPad to arrive.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #440

Oh and thanks for the LC tips. I'll think I'll try Greek yogurt. That sounds ok. Maybe with ss natural pb thrown in
Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #441
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KQT View Post
I don't need the cerclage, so happy about that!
Old 05-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #442
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh and thanks for the LC tips. I'll think I'll try Greek yogurt. That sounds ok. Maybe with ss natural pb thrown in
That is how I eat it with all natural pb. Thought I was only one that likes it that way . Peppermint Chapstick helped with my nausea - but mine only appeared as motion sickness when I was driving to/from work.
Old 05-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #443

Jillybean, any chance you have a bit of baby blues? Crying does not sound good. Are you eating sugar? That always makes me more emotional. I am strict with my diet, not only for weight loss, but to keep the depression and ppd at bay! I am enjoying a big juicy steak right now. I put it down to reply.
Sorry for those who have their husbands going away. Mine is off work on paternity for 6 months, so I get a lot of extra help.
James is one month, so 9 pounds something for a baby born at a little under 37 weeks is pretty darn good!
Did you guys see Jessica Simpson's baby, now that is a big baby. I bet she had diabetes though, she really packed on the pounds. I do not envy all the weight she has to lose!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
Jillybean, any chance you have a bit of baby blues? Crying does not sound good.
I think it's just a combination of frustration, tiredness, and maybe some settling hormones still. I don't cry every day, and usually, when I do cry, it's not sad or upset crying - it's while I'm singing Ben a lullaby or I just have an "oh my god I have a perfect little baby!" moment
Old 05-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #445

Good morning. Ughg. Raging hormones plus my Dh just left a few hours ago. I'm a hot mess this morning. I should have closed today.

I can't seem to get my nutrition in order here but after trying on clothes this morning it isn't even an option!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Hi to the newcomers - welcome, DP!

Gab - how are you?

Sorry for my prolonged absence - we've been doing our first round of IVF and it was just very, very busy. Plus I felt rotten part of the time and haven't been eating well. We're almost done with this round - won't know if it worked until third week in May. In the meantime, I am trying to eat better.

I'm also researching ways to control Gestational Diabetes, which I had with my last pregnancy. During that pregnancy, the diabetes educator had me eating bread and oatmeal, and then put me on insulin! I am not sure why I could not have managed the whole thing with a low carb diet, but this time I am going to find out *before* it becomes an issue. If anyone has any info, please let me know.

How is everyone else doing? Sorry I am out of the loop with personals - I need to read back a few pages.

Jes

Portia's Journal
Old 05-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #447
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
I'm also researching ways to control Gestational Diabetes, which I had with my last pregnancy. During that pregnancy, the diabetes educator had me eating bread and oatmeal, and then put me on insulin! I am not sure why I could not have managed the whole thing with a low carb diet, but this time I am going to find out *before* it becomes an issue. If anyone has any info, please let me know.
The vast majority of the medical community has been brainwashed to believe that low carb is bad, thatthe body needs carbs, and that pregnant women especially need carbs. None of that is true, of course, but it's hard to convince them of this since it's what they've been taught and have told their whole lives. I have searched more than once and not found a single resource that actually proves that low carb or even ketosis is harmful in any way whatsoever during pregnancy. Nutritionists/diabetes educators often recommend a diet of something like 30-45 grams of carbs PER MEAL, which is obviously too much for a diabetic body to handle without additional medication or insulin. They happen to think it's better to have the carbs, though, which I very strongly disagree with. My OB was perfectly fine with me bein gon a low carb diet during my pregnancy, as was my PCP. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when I was 25 and have never, EVER followed the advice of a diabetes educator. If I did, I'd likely be on insulin by now instead of off of all meds and completely non-symptomtic (my PCP even dubbed me "no longer diabetic"). Even having been type 2, I did not have a recurrence of it or gestational diabetes during my pregnancy, and I believe I owe that to my strict diet (no grains, no junk, no starchy veggies, no soy, no srtificial sweeteners...) during my first and part of my second trimesters.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #448

I had a low carb pregnancy and have a very healthy little boy. I know a few moms who were able to stay zero carb when pregnant and they all have healthy babies. I am back to zero carb and make tons of milk for nursing too.
We had a photo session with both our boys today and it went very well. This afternoon, dh and Andrew are working outside and I am sitting here with James. He is sleepy today and so am I. Maybe we will nap.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #449
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Hey jes - glad to see you. Fingers crossed for happy results in the next few weeks.

I am doing okay. Been having a hard time getting back to lc eating...ive convinced myself (again) that it is too much work. I know it isn't. I don't know what is my "wall".

Also getting frustrated, I guess, with pumping/breastfeeding. Formula just seems like it would be so much easier...but I think it is just because I don't pump regularly and this month I have several events where I need to be separated from Sam for hours on end. I promised myself to make it at least 6 months.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #450
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Start Date: May 1, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
The vast majority of the medical community has been brainwashed to believe that low carb is bad, thatthe body needs carbs, and that pregnant women especially need carbs. None of that is true, of course, but it's hard to convince them of this since it's what they've been taught and have told their whole lives. I have searched more than once and not found a single resource that actually proves that low carb or even ketosis is harmful in any way whatsoever during pregnancy. Nutritionists/diabetes educators often recommend a diet of something like 30-45 grams of carbs PER MEAL, which is obviously too much for a diabetic body to handle without additional medication or insulin. They happen to think it's better to have the carbs, though, which I very strongly disagree with. My OB was perfectly fine with me bein gon a low carb diet during my pregnancy, as was my PCP. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when I was 25 and have never, EVER followed the advice of a diabetes educator. If I did, I'd likely be on insulin by now instead of off of all meds and completely non-symptomtic (my PCP even dubbed me "no longer diabetic"). Even having been type 2, I did not have a recurrence of it or gestational diabetes during my pregnancy, and I believe I owe that to my strict diet (no grains, no junk, no starchy veggies, no soy, no srtificial sweeteners...) during my first and part of my second trimesters.
Wow, Jilly. So, so helpful. When I had GD the last time, I fought with the Diabetes Educator over this issue - why are you insisting that I eat 200 carbs per day and take insulin? Why not just cut the carbs? But it was like talking to a brick wall. Love your post - thank you!
Closed Thread