LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 11:50 AM   #391
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
My husband gets 6 months off and I could not survive all this without him home too!
My husband didn't get ANY time off. He did take off 1 week, but it was completely unpaid. I could take off up to a total of 12 weeks under FMLA, but that is all unpaid, which we can't afford with a new baby and 2 homes! As it is, the 6 weeks I have off are at only 50% of my normal salary, so our savings are at a standstill until I get back to work and real paychecks.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #392
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
That is tough! Quebec makes having children very affordable. We have $7 a day daycare and universal health insurance. Plus, the government does provide a monthly allowance for each child.
It takes away a lot of the stress of having a new baby.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #393
Senior LCF Member

Alright, I did it - moved up to the size 1 diapers. They look SO BIG on him, but the box says 8-14 pounds, and h's probably almost 10 pounds by now, so he should be fine. They probably just look big because we're used to seeing him in the newborn size. I had to make the switch when I was holding him on my lap feeding him a bottle, and I felt a warm sensation on my thigh...he peed, and it leaked out all over ME! That was the second leaky diaper just today, which means he's now in his THIRD outfit for the day. So, yeah, we're trying to size 1s now
Quote:
That is tough! Quebec makes having children very affordable. We have $7 a day daycare and universal health insurance. Plus, the government does provide a monthly allowance for each child.
It takes away a lot of the stress of having a new baby.
That's it - we're moving! The LEAST expensive daycare facility I could find in my area is $320 per WEEK! We're using an in-home daycare provider instead, which is still costing us $225 per week.
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 04-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #394

A lot of my friends have in home day cares, they make 1,000 a week! The parents pay $7 and the governments covers the rest. It is great for moms who want to stay home and cannot afford to.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #395
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
My little one keeps changing up his schedule...I think he likes to keep me guessing! Last night, he was wide awake until 10:30 - he was up for three feelings but otherwise slept until 9 this morning.

Tonight, he has been asleep since Around 7. He woke up once around 8:30, ate and immediately fell back to sleep. Somewhat does this mean for the rest of the night?
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #396
Senior LCF Member

We took our first entire family trip today - my husband, me, baby Ben, and our 2 small dogs went to visit Jeff's cousins (about 90 minutes away). Ben does well in the car; he just sleeps in his carseat 99% of the time. We made sure to always leave for the drive right after he had been fed and changed so we could make the drive without him fussing, and it worked out well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
My little one keeps changing up his schedule...I think he likes to keep me guessing! Last night, he was wide awake until 10:30 - he was up for three feelings but otherwise slept until 9 this morning.

Tonight, he has been asleep since Around 7. He woke up once around 8:30, ate and immediately fell back to sleep. Somewhat does this mean for the rest of the night?
Mine's been changing things up, too. He used to eat about every 4 hours overnight and just go right back to sleep after, but now he seems to want to stay awake after feedings regardless of what time it is. Last night, I was up with him for 2 hours from about 1:30-3:30am, and then I handed him over to his daddy who stayed up with him still a little longer while I tried to get some sleep. He doesn't actually scream or cry, just kind of stays wide awake and fuses and whines a bit if we put him down in his pack n' play. Today, he slept a LOT since he didn't sleep much last night, which makes me very nervous for what tonight will hold...I'm wondering if some of his nighttime fussiness is because of gas. There are time I pick him up from his pack n' play because he's been fussing, and he lets out a giant burp! But we always burp him after he eats, and I sometimes even give him gas drops, so I'm not sure how to fix the issue. I can't tell if/when he has gas until he just lets out a burp, sometimes well over an hour since he last ate. I know sleeping at an incline instead of flat on his back is recommended for reflux, but I wonder if it might help with his gas, too, since he can easily burp when he's vertical even without us patting him on the back or anything.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #397
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Seems like such a long time ago having to stay up after he eats. you'll get through it. As for the gas, mine has the same issue sleeping flat on his back. We use the car seat- he sleeps 4 or 5 hour stretches at times. When on his back - maybe 2 hours. Dr said may be he swallows more air when he is flat
I am hoping as he is starting to twist that sleeping on his side or tummy eventually will help the situation.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 AM   #398
gab
Major LCF Poster!

So he has been up to eat at 12:00, 4:00, and now (5:45). Here's hoping he goes right back to sleep.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #399

All good here. He gets fussy too, I just rock him. Rain all day today, so i am staying home.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #400
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
i'm at 13w5d, i have another u/s tomorrow morning to check my cervical length. praying i don't need the cerclage but if it'll help in any matter, i'll definitely go for it. here's a shot of my bebe. this was after i went pee and gave baby some more room to maneuver and baby went vertical.

(sorry if it's a large picture!)

Old 04-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #401
Senior LCF Member

Here's hoping tonight will be a better night sleep-wise since he was awake from about 10am to 2pm today, which is the longest stretch he's ever stayed awake. Last night wasn't terrible, but he ended up sleeping in bed with us after his 5am feeding (we have a king size bed, so I just nestle him in his Boppy in between us in the middle of the bed). I don't want him to get used to sleeping with us, but it makes it so much easier for me to not have to get up and walk over to his bassinet to see if he's just making noises in his sleep or if he's actually awake and to give him back his pacifier if he loses it and wants it back.

I bought a cheap video monitor the other day. I have an audio monitor, and I insisted when registering before he was born that we didn't need a video monitor, but now that he's so good at making so many noises in his sleep, I want to be able to see if his eyes are open or not when we transition him to his crib in his room. Otherwise, I'll be making LOTS of unneeded trips to his room all night long!
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #402
Senior LCF Member

Krissy - that's actually quite a clear shot of the baby in that picture - how exciting! I remember my first few ultrasounds when I could actually make out what everything was because you could see the whole body at once. My later ultrasounds were frustrating becaue I could never tell what I was looking at! It didn't help that he was always head down and facing my back, of course :P

I had to Google what "cerclage" was. I hope you don't have to have it done, but if you do, at least it sounds relatively common and highly successful.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:21 PM   #403

I am worried about my baby's hearing. He is not reacting to loud sounds. He has been stuffed up though and I am hoping that is causing it. I see his doctor next week, but I will be stressed until we find out what is going on.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I am worried about my baby's hearing. He is not reacting to loud sounds. He has been stuffed up though and I am hoping that is causing it. I see his doctor next week, but I will be stressed until we find out what is going on.
Has he ever had a hearing test? They did a hearing test on my baby before we even left the hospital.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:33 PM   #405

I am not sure if they do those in Quebec, i will call and ask tomorrow. But, he should have some reaction to noise...I am just hoping it is his cold.
Old 04-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #406
Senior LCF Member

Big day today - Ben is one month old! We went out to his first restuarnat for lunch with a friend, and then we came home and went for a walk this afternoon (our first time exploring the walking paths in our new neighborhood, and our first time using the big stroller). I would post some photos here, but I upload all my photos to Facebook, and it doesn't play nice with trying to link to photos on forums. And I'm too lazy to set up and manage an account on any other sites :P
Quote:
I am not sure if they do those in Quebec, i will call and ask tomorrow. But, he should have some reaction to noise...I am just hoping it is his cold.
Mine only reacts to some noises. My dogs can run over and bark loudly rught next to him, and he won't even flinch. He used to jump when we closed the car door when he was in his carseat, but he doesn't anymore. I think he just is used to some loud sounds. Hopefully, it's a combination of that and congestion, and your baby's hearing us fune
Old 04-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #407
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Hi ladies, checking in. I'm still waiting for my . I'm not exactly sure when I ovulated, since my OPKs didn't get as dark as they should have, I think I'm around 10 or 11 DPO. I've tested (of course!) and got 2 negatives. I'm just going to ride it out and wait now, or I'll become obsessive. I've had no symptoms, so I'm expecting to start this weekend.

I got my PCOS labs back and everything was normal. My doctor ordered a full panel, so everything was covered. I was really hoping to get some answers about my symptoms. It's hard to say normal is good when it leaves things unexplained.

Shana
Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #408
Senior LCF Member

Went out for another walk today. We only go for about 30-40 minutes, and we just stroll along, but it's good to get out in the sun and get some fresh air, if nothing else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
I got my PCOS labs back and everything was normal. My doctor ordered a full panel, so everything was covered. I was really hoping to get some answers about my symptoms. It's hard to say normal is good when it leaves things unexplained.
That's so frustrating! Mystery symptoms are never fun. Hopefully, they will get to the bottom of it soon so you can stop wondering and being subjected to tests!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #409
Senior LCF Member

I know. I have a feeling we'll end up being sent to a reproductive endo if I don't conceive by fall. My doctor said try for 6 months, then we'll talk about next steps. She only gave us 6 months because of hubby SA. :/
Old 04-25-2012, 01:03 PM   #410

Gallery: pocahontas
Suzanne - DS didnt react to loud noises when he was a tiny baby either. He just didnt care! His hearing is perfectly fine. Try not to worry about it but I would def request a test just to be on the safe side.

Oregon - I havent tested yet but plan to on Friday. I can never hold out for TOM. Good luck!

jillybean - I cant believe your LO is already a month old!

Krissy - love the u/s pic.

Last edited by pocahontas; 04-25-2012 at 01:04 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 01:49 PM   #411

I have a feeling the hearing issue is all in my head. I can create situations out of nothing. I met some friends for coffee today, but could not do much else do to a constantly nursing baby! I managed to clean the floors on the main level and do one load of lauindry. Some type of dinner has been made, but it looks questionable, lol. I only had one hand.
I had to buy new tires for my car, so I am about $1000 less today. Never like unexpected expenses!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #412
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Next Saturday I am headed into NYC to meet up with my niece for the day. I figured I'll be gone from home almost a full 12 hours. What am I going to do? There is not really anyplace I can stop and pump for 30 min. Can't imagine trying to pump on the train. Why aren't the pumps made to be more quiet then I would have no qualms on the train. Ideas?
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #413
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, Gab- this reminds me of a road trip we took with our friends. We couldn't stop to pump for a looong time, she was miserable. What about a manual pump?

Andi- Did you test this morning? Anxiously waiting!

I'm out this month, again. I started spotting yesterday. I'm temping this month for the first time. Do I start when I start spotting, or wait until my period actually starts? I'm not
looking forward to being a slave to the thermometer every morning. :/
Old 04-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #414
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Oregon - I don't have a manual pimp and don't know that I want to buy one for just one day use. Plus where do I use it? I'll have my 14yo with me, so disappearing into a bathroom for the time wont quite work. I dont necessarily cut my day short but I might have to.

As for when to start - start on your first full flow day. When I was seeing the doc, he said spotting days didn't count.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #415
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
Oregon - I don't have a manual pimp
Sorry, I know it was just a typo, but it made me laugh
Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #416
gab
Major LCF Poster!

I don't have one of those either

I am tired, I am not sleeping soundly when I do sleep too many crazy involved dreams. Breastfeeding is so much more involved and sometimes more difficult than I expected. When I am tired like this I get so grumpy and pissy with DH. Sigh...I need sleep
Old 04-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #417

Just checking in, as I nurse little James. I can say he spends most of the day on my boob, just like my older son did. I feel great, but need to lose these last 10 pounds! Food finally tastes good to, so I am eating when not hungry.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #418

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Good morning and thanks Jilly for pointing me here!

I'm newly pregnant and just 5 and a half weeks with my second child. My son is 2 and a half now! My husband is actually leaving for deployment (he's a marine) Thursday so I'll be alone with this pregnancy and my son. Oye! Plus I own and operate a daycare so I have 5 other kids daily! I'm in for some long hard days!

Anyways. I look forward to getting to know you guys.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #419

Wow! That is a lot to handle. Are you staying lc for your pregnancy?
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #420

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Quote:
Wow! That is a lot to handle. Are you staying lc for your pregnancy?
Lol yes it is but we actually planned it. We got pregnant in one try so were very lucky. We didn't want to wait another year + to be able to concieve. I had a great pregnancy with my son so I'm hoping for the same.

Right now I'm just trying to eat anything. I have NO appetite and am constantly on the verge of throwing up. I'd like up stay mostly LC yes. I gained 45 pounds with my son, like to keep it closer to 20 this time!
Closed Thread