Old 03-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #271
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gab
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 6, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea View Post
I am off to the hunger games today, hopefully that will distract from all the stress of life!
We are off the hunger games today too! So excited! I rarely ever go see a movie the day it opens but just had to with this one.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: court613
Stats: -32
Start Date: baby boy born on 2/28/12!
Oregon Transplant - Wow! Congratulations to you and your DH!!!

Portia - I think what you're feeling is totally normal. Good luck to you!

KQT - Good news on the doctor's appointment. Sounds like everything is going great and right on track. Sorry about the morning sickness. I didn't have it so I have no advice, but hopefully it will go away in the second trimester and not last the whole pregnancy.

Jilly - You still around?! I didn't lose my mucous plug, but it sounds like your body is definitely preparing for delivery. You're showing more progress than I did when my water broke! I think when I got to the hospital I was only 1 cm dilated, and Bennett was still super high until it was time to push 23 hours later, lol. Things should go well with your labor is you are induced. I just hope you don't have to have pitocin like I did...it was pretty rough!

Happycat - Thanks for sharing your experience with PPD with me. I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is PPD or the baby blues. It sucks though I have a history of depression too, so I was worried about feeling this way. I don't have any bad thoughts towards the baby at all or like I want to hurt myself. That's why I'm thinking it's 'only' the baby blues, but it's pretty rough. The lack of sleep doesn't help either.

Crazy to think that today is my due date and Bennett will be a month old in only 5 days!!! He is doing great and getting so big. He is about to outgrow his newborn clothes and newborn diapers. He was so little when we brought him home that we had to buy preemie clothes b/c newborn size was too big! He is such a cuddly little love bug. I can't get enough of him
Old 03-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: suzanneyea
Stats: 156/124/120
WOE: Vlc
Hunger games was great!!! But, I cried a lot, pregnancy hormones.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #274
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Hunger games was excellent. I cried once or twice as well.

Took Sam for 3 month check up. We're doing good! Doc was surprised to hear we were exclusively bf. he thought for sure we had supplemented with formula. I was very happy, he was not concerned about his sleeping in the car seat most of the time. Said next month, we'll discuss changing his sleep. Also said we could start cereal if we wanted - but also said we could wait as well. So I don't know what I'll do just yet.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gab View Post
oh wow!! What great news! I am so happy everything is working out for you . I wish you all the best.
It's overwhelming, though. So much to learn.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Blondie Baby
Stats: 213/126/130
WOE: JUDDD with LC
Wondering if Jilly just busy moving or if the baby decided to come!?

Portia - Mabrouk. We start our second cycle of IVF this week. Well, that is IF my period starts when its suppose to. And no, it I don't think its crazy for a third child. I'm doing it and I already have 6!!!

Oregon - Mabrouk!!!!!!!

Suzanne, Gab - DD's went to see Hunger Games. I wanted to go but already had a lunch date with DH! We all really liked the books and DDs said the movie was AWESOME!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #277
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Blondie - mabrouk - does that mean good luck? You have 6 kids? Wow! 1 is keeping my hands full, cant imagine 6. What are their ages?

Hunger Games was very well done but of course the book is so much better. In fact, I want to retread again now. First time I read the series in three days, so I didn't process everything I think. That will have to wait though, I have 4 books I want to read (at least) - its amazing how long it takes me to read a book these days. seems I have something distracting me
Goal: MUCH LESS!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:05 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mabrouk means congratulations! Yes 6 kids, ages 24, 22, 16, 14, 12, and 11. Unfortunately I had my a non reversible tubal ligation after the last one. But eh and I decided about a year ago that we want another one.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #279
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
Start Date: 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie Baby View Post
Mabrouk means congratulations! Yes 6 kids, ages 24, 22, 16, 14, 12, and 11. Unfortunately I had my a non reversible tubal ligation after the last one. But eh and I decided about a year ago that we want another one.
Good luck with your cycle! Maybe I can message you for some info down the road. Right now I am just taking it one day at a time. Started BCP on Friday. My FSH was 4.9 which the Dr. was very happy about. I'm not worried about the Lupron shots - the the PIO sounds a little rough. Sigh.

Keep me posted!

Gab - worth seeing Hunger Games if I haven't read the book?
Old 03-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #280
gab
Major LCF Poster!

Portia - yes. It was a good movie and story well told.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #281
Senior LCF Member

Start Date: A long time ago
Such great news from everyone here! Thanks for all the well wishes. Pregnancy tests are still negative, but no period yet. I'm not actually sure when it should show up? I'm 15 days DPO today. I've had some light brown/pink spotting yesterday and this morning, but no cramps like I usually get. It's so easy to be hyper-aware of every symptom when you're looking for it. :/
Old 03-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #282

Gallery: pocahontas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
Shocked to learn that we will be starting IVF this month. SO much information to take in. Is this crazy for a third child? Probably... I am so terrified/excited/confused.
How exciting! No, you are not crazy! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
Just getting on here for a minute, I'll read and be back later. My boyfriend surprised me with a trip to Lake Tahoe this week and we GOT MARRIED! Yay! What a crazy few days this has been. I'm 2 weeks DPO tomorrow, my early test was negative. I know it's still early, but I should know for sure next week sometime.
CONGRATS!!!!! Keep testing until TOM shows, you arent out of the game yet!

As for me, I am 8DPO, according to my chart anyway, and waiting to test. I will probably test at 12 DPO because that is when I got a BFP with DS. I couldnt hold out for TOM to be late and cant now either!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #283
KQT

Gallery: KQT
Stats: 203/post-baby/175
Quote:
Such great news from everyone here! Thanks for all the well wishes. Pregnancy tests are still negative, but no period yet. I'm not actually sure when it should show up? I'm 15 days DPO today. I've had some light brown/pink spotting yesterday and this morning, but no cramps like I usually get. It's so easy to be hyper-aware of every symptom when you're looking for it. :/
this sounds like good luck!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
Start Date: every day
hey everyone---so sorry I've been MIA. The only threads I have time to visit now it seems are the word association ones in the game room. We've all been sick, baby, daddy and me. I can't believe how long these colds have gone on. My husband even had to go on an antibiotic becaus he had a really bad sinus infection. And the cough, argh!! Poor Brandon is still coughing, but it is mostly when he's been sleeping for awhile, I think the phlegm jut builds up after awhile. The doctor said it just has to work it's way out....and he seems happy otherwise.

The OB called me yesterday and said that I tested positive for a UTI, I was so surprised considering I had my lab work done over a week ago. I've had no symptoms, so it really came out of left field. Now, I'm on an antibiotic, ugh. I hate taking meds when I'm pregnant, but they said they can't leave it untreated. I'm 12 weeks today I believe. I also go in today for my nuchal ultrasound test. I hate doing this because all it does it give you a risk factor for Down's and the two Trisomy's. With Brandon, the Trisomy's came back with a really low risk, but the Down's came back with a 1 in 141 chance!! I really didn't want to do an amnio, so we opted to wait until the 20 week anatomy scan where they said it would be possible to see more risk factors and then we could decide on an amnio. But isn't the point of an amnio sometimes to see if you want to keep the baby or not? I couldn't imagine going 20 weeks and deciding to not keep the baby anymore. Luckily, the anatomy scan lowered his Down's risk, so we opted out of the amnio. I hope we have even better luck this time, I get so nervous for these things!!!

Our baby boys that we waited so long for. They are 359 days apart!

Sharon
Old 03-27-2012, 12:35 PM   #285
Senior LCF Member

AF arrived today.

Portia- How exciting! Good luck.

Andi- Can't wait to find out if you're pregnant!

Sharon- I hope you start feeling better soon.

Jilly must be off having her baby! YAY!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:53 AM   #286

I did an amnio, it is really easy, I think it was week 18...
Old 03-28-2012, 05:56 AM   #287
KQT

Quote:
AF arrived today.
BOOO. i'm sorry. you'll get it next time.

I hope Jill is doing well!!!!

I am 10w today and barfed my brains out yesterday. just when i thought i was starting to feel better... I am a little nervous about my BP as the morning readings have been slightly higher than usual, but I have an appt with a NEW dr (perinatal) next week to get my BP and sugars on track so I will have a better handle on potential GD. I'm actually not looking forward to seeing him. I know that's silly, but I've heard good and bad about him. One of those "king of the mountain" things where he's very well known but you wonder about his personal interest in each patient.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #288

I tested today at 10 DPO mostly just because I found a FRER that had an expiration date of 3/2012. BFN. Im not keeping my hopes up for this cycle!
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #289
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rjl443
Hello Ladies - mind if I join you.

I have been waffling around with low-fat diets for about 15 years and gained it all back and more. I have been thinking about trying a low-carb option or at least limited carbs. I am still part-time BFing my 2 year old and we are starting our first IVF cycle. My IF is "unexplained" but they say age-related as I am 42.

I started with Paleo but I am wondering if that is too retrictive and something like Phase 2 South Beach or Phase 2 Atkins might be better?

I am on day 3 and feeling sluggish - any suggestions?

Thank you!!!!
RJ
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 PM   #290
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Quote:
Jilly must be off having her baby! YAY!
You guessed it! Benjamin David was born at 2:31pm on Saturday, March 24. He was 20 inches long an 7 pounds 11 ounces and perfectly healthy! I did not have to be induced - I actually started having contractions throughout the day on Friday, but they were mild, and I just kept saying I felt crampy; I didn't really think they were actually contractions. Well, by about 3am Saturday morning, they were strong enough to wake me up, so I went down to the couch and sat with my husband's digital watch only to find the contractions were consistently about 5-6 minutes apart. I sat alone (well, with my dogs) on the couch until about 5am when I finally woke up my husband and told him we may need to go to the hospital soon...

Of course, Saturday was also our MOVING DAY! Thankfully, my parents were staying with us to help with the move, so my husband and I gave my parents all the information for the movers, the Verizon installation that was scheduled for Saturday afternoon, the keys for the new house, etc., and we headed for the hospital. I was sitting in triage when the movers arrived at our house. Verizon even called me while I was getting registered at the hospital to confirm the installation, so I explained that yes, we were ready for it, but that I wouldn't be there!

We sat in triage for what seemed like an eternity. My contractions were getting much stronger and more painful, but apparently the monitor wasn't picking up all my contractions for some reason, so the nurses in triage didn't think I was really progressing. Oh, I was MAD becase I was in so much discomfort, and I felt like no one was doing anything or even seemed to care. When the actual doctor finally arrived and checked me, I was already 6cm dilated, so she said I could get my epidural as soon as they moved me to a L&D room. Well, they didn't move me to L&D until they started an IV to give me fluids, and they blew the first three IVs they tried (so now I have bruises ALL over my arms from the failed IVs). I was in triage for a good 3 hours before being moved.

By the time I got my epidural, I was progressing too quickly for it to take full effect I ended up being the opposite of most in tht I could still feel PAIN, but I didn't feel any pressure. They kept asking me if I felt pressure or an urge to push, but I never did. Since I didn't feel that way, they thought he was up too high, so even once I was fully dilated, they let me continue to labor for a while to see if he would move down. One of the nurses said she wanted me to just try pushing once or twice to see if we could get him to move down, so we pushed once, and to her surprise, umm, he was certainly already down! So doc came in, I pushed through only 3 contractions, and there he was! I pushed for all of maybe 10 minutes - still felt sharp pains in my uterus, but still never felt anything as far as pressure or the baby actually coming out. It was kind of weird, but it all worked out, and I was very happy to not have to have been induced, not needed any pitocin during labor/delivery, not needed really any unwanted interventions at all - aside from the epidural not taking full effect, I could not have asked for it to go any better

I did tear (second degree), so I have some pain from that, and I have hemorrhoids (which I had before the delivery also, so no surprise there). My nipples are KILLING me from breastfeeding, so I am having someone run to BRU for me tonight to get some nipple shields to try at least temporarily so mine can heal a bit. I verified with THREE different certified lactation consultants that he is latching properly, so that's not the issue, but my nipples are ridiculously irritated and super painful. Milk is starting to come in, so hopefully feeding times will get a bit shorter in duration, but I will try the nipple shields in the meantime.

So, long story still long, we're moved into our new house (SO WEIRD to leave from one house to go to the hospital and then go "home" to a different house when discharged!), baby is doing well, I'm doing well, and life is hectic but generally good
Weight goals currently on hold due to pregnancy...baby #2 coming late October/early November 2013!

Pre-pregnancy #2 weight: 193 (the day I found out I was pregnant)
Old 03-28-2012, 03:13 PM   #291
gab
Major LCF Poster!

welcome to the world Benjamin!

Glad to hear all went as well as it did. My nipples hurt for about 2 weeks and then they were fine. I just realized one day it no longer hurt when he latched on.

Rest well!
Old 03-28-2012, 03:50 PM   #292
KQT

Jilly!! I am so happy for you!! Welcome to the world baby benjamin!! Thanks for checking in with us. I wish you all the best with all the changes in your life! How exciting for you guys!
Old 03-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #293

Old 03-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jilly - Benjamin!!!!! Sounds like all went well for you. Yay! As for your nipples being sore, that is normal. I never thought those shields did any good. I just got a good nipple cream and after a week the pain went away. How is bf going? I know you really weren't to enthusiastic about it!

Oregon - . for better results next month.

Happycat - All I can say is Vitamin D! Works wonders. for you and your family!

RJ - . Its normal to feel sluggish the first week or so. Just stick with it. Soon you will feel great!

Portia - feel free to PM me anytime. We can compare IVF notes! I'm still waiting for my period to start so we can start the IVF cycle. Was due yesterday but didn't. I'm hoping Saturday or Sunday.

<<<<<Me
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Happycat21
Stats: Ugh. Can't use the "new baby" excuse anymore!
Start Date: every day
Jilly, congratulations on Benjamin!!! Um....where are the pictures?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #296

I am so glad your delivery went well. The breastfeeding will get easier in good time. But, it killed me the first few months.
I just found out my baby is breech. I go in next Tuesday and they are going to try and turn him, I am 36 weeks. Hopefully, he will turn on his own, I am sure he will, most do.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: court613
Stats: -32
Start Date: baby boy born on 2/28/12!
CONGRATS Jilly! And welcome little Benjamin!!! What a great birth story....sounds like it went very well and pretty fast. The nipple pain is pretty excrutiating at first even with a great latch, but it goes away. Hope you are feeling ok. I had a second degree tear as well (dr. said it was almost third degree, yikes!), but my physical recovery was surprisingly easier and quicker than I thought it would be. I hope yours is the same!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:44 AM   #298
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rjl443
Hello all -

Thanks for the welcome

And congratulations on the new baby!!! The breastfeeding gets so so so much easier so hang in there if you can.

Can I ask you all's opinions - do you think I am crazy for trying to low-carb and do IVF at the same time, while still nursing my toddler?

Thanks!

RJ

Last edited by rjl443; 03-29-2012 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: updating comments
Old 03-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #299
Senior LCF Member

Congratulations Jill! I can't wait to see pictures.

Welcome RJ. I can't offer any advice on LCing and IVF, but I know some of the ladies here had an easier time TTC while LCing.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:38 AM   #300
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jillybean720
Stats: 324/193/150
WOE: LC/HF
Thanks, everyone The breastfeeding is really tough. I cry pretty much every time I feed him. I didn't think it would be this hard - all the stupid books and classes just kept saying it wouldn't hurt as long as the latch was right. LIARS! Oh, and the nipple shield did nothing, so that was a bust. My husband did pick up some of the hard plastic shells that sort of go over the nipples for when I'm not feeding him so I can more comfortably wear clothes, and they are VERY helpful. Hopefully, they will help my nipples heal a bit quicker than when I was trying to just wear clothes and grin and bear the pain of the fabric on my breasts. I may try to find a lactation consultant who makes house visits because I really feel like I shouldn't be crying in excrutiating pain with every single feeding. I did break down and give Ben a Nuk pacifier - I was wavering about whether or not to offer a pacifier since I don't want him to have any nipple confusion issues, but since he's not getting much during feedings right now, he's constantly rooting and sucking on his hands even immediately upon finishing a feeding. The pacifier does seem to help soothe him sometimes when he's super fussy, and I know sicking is a soothing thing for newborns even if they're not feeding. Hopefully, it will only help and not hinder our progress.
Closed Thread