Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/)
-   -   Weight loss=bigger cup size? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/womens-health/699890-weight-loss-bigger-cup-size.html)

Kisha1976 11-25-2010 10:01 AM

Weight loss=bigger cup size?

I'm not sure if this is at all common, but...

This year so far, I've lost about 40 pounds which includes inches lost in the upper body. However, I also went up 2 cup sizes! I was already fairly large busted to begin with, so I'm not particularly thrilled about this.

Has anyone here experienced a fair amount of weight loss, but increased bust size? Or is my body just being weird? :)

CrabRangoon 11-28-2010 07:41 PM

I WISH this happened to me! I am SO jealous. I lose from my chest first, always, even though I gain in my butt! Eventually I think I'll turn inside out.

Kisha1976 11-30-2010 04:12 PM

Hahaha, I wish I could shrink in the bust. I went from a 42DD to a 38-40DDD!! I don't know if it's just a weird coincidence or what.

bellie 11-30-2010 05:44 PM

your cup size went up because your band size went down. the next time your out looking at bras check out a 36c and a 40c. although they are both C cups, there not the same size.

GME 11-30-2010 10:00 PM

:hiya: Me

I went from a 38D to a 34DDD (and that can be pretty tough to find).

I tried a larger band and smaller cup just last week- no go.

zaftig 12-01-2010 12:52 AM

My cup size increased too but I think it was partly wearing the wrong cup size to begin with and too big a band and partly because having been fat my entire life when I should have been developing bigger boobs I wasnt eating fat and so I have always been small chested for the size of the rest of me. After I lost 60 lbs and was even more miserable in any of my bras I threw the common way of measuring for a bra out the window and spent a signifigant amount of time in a Macys dressing room trying smaller and smaller band sizes and bigger and bigger cup sizes. I used to always wear B cups and didnt fill them and it was almost impossible to find them in big band sizes, now I wear a DD which is amazingly easy to buy. Also the bra that looks best on me is a Bali minimizer! I never would have imagined I would be wearing a minimizer! All the years on low fat my boobs would always lose first, on LC its my stomach that loses the most, which is great because its my worst area.

kittycitygirl 12-04-2010 02:10 PM

Mine did that too. I went up a cup size after losing quite a bit. Went from a D to a DD. It wasn't the band size though. It was the cups. (tried new band sizes...didn't help) I am also in pre men. so, that might have had something to do with it. They are finally shrinking back so that I am in C's and D's depending on how they are made.

Princessdmw33 12-04-2010 02:29 PM

I was wearing a 34D and they were fitting fine for the longest time but then they became way too big and my girls were trying to escape out of them. I eventually ended up in a 32DD and my girls no longer try the great escape.

ChristineCQ 12-04-2010 02:54 PM

I was just measured for a bra, where I was informed that the difference between the measurement of the band and the measurement of the "fullest part" is what determines the cup size.

Therefore, it makes sense to go up in cup size if you lost weight; the ratio has changed. You lost back fat (for example), which means that you now have more inches between the band and the "fullness."

I thought for sure I was going to go down in cup size having lost 30 inches and 40 lbs, but the cup stayed the same (I think I was wearing the wrong size originally, though. I should have worn a D but was in a DD. Now a DD fits perfectly, but before, it did not).

karenann33 12-04-2010 05:40 PM

I wish I could lose some of my chest. I didn't go up a cup size but did go down a band size.

VLBskis 04-04-2013 02:59 PM

same here!

This totally happened to me too... lost somewhere in the range of 30-40 lbs, and lost... 4-5 inches, but as for my boobs, the bust hardly changed, and the band changed a little. Went from a 34C to a 32DD. Although, really I should be wearing a 33D, but since that is not to be had, and since 32D is too small and can't support my boobs, I need to wear a 32DD to accomodate for the extra inch. So weird though. And to all those haters out there who can't justify going on a diet because you're afraid your boobs will get smaller... well, that's not always the case, let me just say.

raindroproses 04-04-2013 06:53 PM

Yep, as the band size decreases the size of the dedicated lettered cups also do too... I just learned this myself at Victoria's Secret a couple weeks back when I went bra shopping :laugh: I used to be a 38DD, and now I'm 34DDD I believe. When I asked about it, they told me that my chest very well MAY have shrunk a tiny bit but when the band size goes down the cup size is bound to go up unless you lose a lot off your actual chest. I seem to have lost mostly around the back like you did, or at the very least more proportionately.

Nancypie11 04-05-2013 10:56 AM

Well skin takes longer to shrink back down, but once you get closer to goal weight you will probable start losing sizes on your cups as well...

saltnpepper 04-05-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

-2010 06:41 PM
CrabRangoon I WISH this happened to me! I am SO jealous. I lose from my chest first, always, even though I gain in my butt!
:cry: meeee tooooo :dunno: