LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: canadiangirl69
Breast Reduction and ReGrowth????

*thread from when I had them done*

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ce...-want-see.html

I don't even know how to start this..

I have already booked a doctors appointment, now I just have to wait.. and I hate waiting. They will call if anyone cancells.

So Sept 13 2005, I had a long waited breast reduction. Mostly it went well, except a car accident that tore both breast slightly open.. they still look good.

The problem is, I think they are growing again. They are firmer, heavier feeling and my nipples, have been so hard, the last 3-4 days, I could chizzel granet with them.

I have had a mammogram before, about 1 or 1 1/2 months after the surgery, and had a biopsy on both done. Neither hurt, was nothing, so if you are scared of having it done, if someone who just had a reduction done could handle it, then you should be fine. The only gross thing was the biopsy... (don't watch it, unless you are kinda strange.. I watched it...)

Tonight at the gym, when I had gotten undressed, my friends eyes kinda widdened and she looked like she wanted to say something.. so I asked.
She thinks they have gotten bigger. Every person I know has felt them, and knows them pretty closely, I was a novelty for awhile there, and I don't care, it just boobs.. So between now and the doctors visit, I plan on asking everyone I know what they think.

In March my hormons had been checked and came up aok.
I am fixed, since early 2006 (another easy surgery... came home, could not lay down and started working on my stuff) 2nd best thing I ever did
So I can not be preggers.

I can squeeze them and they do not hurt, I do not feel any lumps, nothing, they feel normal, a bit tender, but nothing I would call even slightly painfull.. just odd.

I tried googling about it, and found nothing, except that after men have it done, they sometimes grow back.. I am not a guy, so that does me no good.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Any other breast reduction females out there?

Little worried, but will be ok.. I just don't want those things again.

Thanks
canadiangirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kbeth
Stats: 5'4" 43yo 161/148/125
WOE: Paleo-esque
Start Date: April 2002/Restart April 2012
I don't have any details, but I recall a friend in High School had hers done..and they did appear to "grow" back a little in the following years. ??
Glad your surgery went well!
kbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kristinalyn2001
Stats: 145\145\130
WOE: Atkins/WW alternately
Start Date: Over and Over
I had a reduction back in 2001 from a D to a small C. After pregnancy with a late planned third child and weight gain and loss, they are back. I am now a DD or E. I have neck and back pain and am currently trying to get a referral from my PCM for a reduction thru insurance.

So yes, they come back, mine are obscene!!!
kristinalyn2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #4
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: canadiangirl69
Ready for this guys...

Soy products can bring on breast regrowth, I have been using a soy protein supplement ( not this one, I don't know why this showed up? imbedding I guess) the last couple months..

If you get them done when your to young they can come back, if you get fat they can come back.. mine started to grow again, after I gained this chunk back.. about 3 weeks after starting soy protein..

I think I might have figured out why mine got so big in the first place, I was vegan for yrs around the major growth time....

"Can my breasts “grow back” after surgery?

The surgery will remove some, but not all, breast tissue. Fluctuations in your weight as well as pregnancy will
still affect the remaining breast tissue, so that increases (or decreases) in size proportional to overall changes in
body weight are certainly possible. Spontaneous regrowth of breast tissue after surgery is rare except in very
young patients."

(hmm had link, its not working)

"Limitations:

Although Breast Reduction surgery can provide an excellent result, it is important to understand that the incision lines will be permanently visible. However, over time, the incision lines will begin to fade and become less noticeable. In a small percentage of cases, women may also experience temporary or permanent loss of nipple sensation. There have also been rare occurances of regrowth, and in some cases a second Breast Reduction procedure may be needed."

Breast Reduction - The Plastic Surgery Group, Breast, Reduction

"Unless breast reduction surgery is done while breasts are still growing, they should not re-grow afterwards. They will, however, increase if you put on weight or become pregnant and they will decrease in size if you lose weight. You should also remember that even normal breasts have a tendency to droop with time and you can expect some changes in shape to occur after reduction mammoplasty."

Breast Reduction (Augmentation) in Brighton - Cosmetic Breast Surgery

Then check this out:

Phytoestrogens have a balancing effect on the body. When the estrogen levels are too low, their mild estrogenic effect raises total estrogenic activity. However, when levels are higher, they compete with estrogen at cell membrane receptor sites, and create the opposite effect. High estrogen levels, or “estrogen dominance,” is what many experts, like Judy Mane, nurse practitioner, feel might lead to many serious side effects that are normally associated with synthetic hormone replacement therapy (HRT). She says, “Phytoestrogens may stimulate growth of breast cells, but it may also stimulate abnormal breast cells.”

Companies marketing phytoestrogens believe, however, that they are beneficial. They have used dozens of plants and herbs with phytoestrogenic activity. Herbalists and native cultures have used many of these herbs for hundreds of years. Some phytoestrogens are essential to hormone regulation, some trigger release of various chemical messengers, and still others assist in regulation of fatty acid metabolism. They not only increase breast size, but they minimize symptoms of menopause, relieve constipation, control diabetes, reduce cholesterol, and prevent breast cancer. From a study in the American Journal of Epidemiology, it was found that women with phytoestrogen-rich diets had a 54% reduction in endometrial cancer risk. In another study in the Journal of the American Menopause Society, a daily diet containing 34 milligrams of phytoestrogens in 20 grams of soy protein significantly lowered cholesterol.

Natural breast enhancement - breast enlargement, breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reconstruction

I have spoken to a couple people about this.. they agree, soy can (in some people) make your boobs grow

Last edited by canadiangirl69; 07-31-2008 at 09:59 AM..
canadiangirl69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MzUnderstood
I know I am WAY late, but I had a reduction done September 2006. I went from a 40DDD to a 36 D. It has been a lil over 4 years and I am exactly where I began so..YES, THEY COME BACK!!
MzUnderstood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:21 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzUnderstood View Post
I know I am WAY late, but I had a reduction done September 2006. I went from a 40DDD to a 36 D. It has been a lil over 4 years and I am exactly where I began so..YES, THEY COME BACK!!
wow, i did NOT know that. Is it because of weight gain?
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mad annie
yes they do come back

I have had breast reduction surgery twice and my breasts have grown again on both occasions. The second op cost a lot of money and I specifically asked the surgeon if they would grow back again and he said only if I put on a LOT of weight. I weigh approx 7lb more than when I had the op four years ago and have now gone up two cup sizes. I had the first op at 26 the second one at 51 when the menopause had finished.

Am now coming to the conclusion I will just have to live with them as they are but it makes me very miserable
mad annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:56 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kaimi2008
Stats: 197.2/181.0/155 (for now) 5'6"
WOE: Diet To Go
Start Date: November 1, 2013
I couldn't click on the link - invalid.

Well, i was approved *free*, met w/ doctor but don't think I can do this because of the recovery time is 4-6 weeks and I can NOT lift anything over 10 pounds. My kids need me and I don't think dh can take off that long from work!! My doctor is leaving in the spring and he's fully booked until then but saved a slot for me to make the appointment. I saw his before and after pictures. Amazing!! We'll see.
Kaimi2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:20 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: JoLi
Stats: 196/191.5/160
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/19/14
Mine did not grow back. I was over 235 pds when I had them done. I have since lost a 100 pds and they shrunk to almost nothing. I had implants put in a couple years ago.
JoLi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: junebug
Stats: CW 155 / GW 110
WOE: Atkins72/Stillmans
Start Date: June 2011
I had a reduction in 2002 (agree, best thing I have ever done) - if I gain weight its the first place it shows, same if I loose.
junebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Estela
Hi girls,
I also had a BR, 7 years ago. I'm planning to have a baby in 1-2 years and I'm curious if my breast will regrowth.
For the ones of you who experienced regrowth after pregancy ( the ones who had BR) did you breastfeed? How many cups did you growth?
Estela is offline   Reply With Quote