Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2014, 01:12 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: NuttyNeeta
Stats: 352/220/180
WOE: lowish carb, lowish calorie, lowish fat.
Start Date: 11/25/08
Finally it's going backwards!

I know my stomach hasn't stretched out, i still get sick if i eat that one bite too many, but my food choices leave a lot to be desired.

It's been almost a month now and I'm down 11 pounds. my goal on FB was to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.. i did. Now I want to up it and lose 20 by Christmas.
NuttyNeeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Screamer
Stats: :)
WOE: jab jab jab cross hook
Start Date: 8/7/00
I'm so proud of you Neets. I just love your attitude. 11 pounds is awesomesauce.
Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Stats: 350/269/180
Start Date: Sleeved 12/26/2013
You are awesome Neeta! You have overcome a lot and just keep on going.
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LadyV
Stats: Not where I wanna be, damnit!
WOE: Atkins/SB
You really can't stretch your new little pouch the "stretchy" part was removed...but it's still better to handle it with care as it's still tender. I eat Turkey Bites...in the check out isle by the jerky. Tuna fish, string cheese as snacks, you can add a cup of Yoplai light and fit "Greek" yogurt to your shakes to up your protein...if you don't get enough, your muscle will atrophy...and DO NOT drink or eat anything for at least 30 minutes before or after eating anything...this is really important...congrats on hte weight loss!!!! I was sleeved Oct 6th....so exciting, yes?
LadyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:27 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: NuttyNeeta
Stats: 352/220/180
WOE: lowish carb, lowish calorie, lowish fat.
Start Date: 11/25/08
I had my surgery in 6 years ago TODAY SQUEEE. I left the hospital on Thanksgiving day and had a dinner of turkey baby food with baby food peas (babies definitely do not have taste buds.. that stuff was NASTY) I remember eating with a baby spoon (the hospital gave me one) and had two bites of each. followed by 8 ounces of water over a couple hours.

I had the RNY and it is possible to stretch the pouch out again if they go back to the old eating habits. Which I find crazy because surgery hurt the first time! Why the world would you want to go through it again? But i hear about it in group when i go.. and it's sad. I don't want to go through that again.

My progression photos.. need to be updated to include this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Progression.jpg (47.1 KB, 19 views)
NuttyNeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Mair
Stats: 350/269/180
Start Date: Sleeved 12/26/2013
yes, you can stretch your pouch out again. No, I have not done that but it can be done.
Mair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:40 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyNeeta View Post
I know my stomach hasn't stretched out, i still get sick if i eat that one bite too many, but my food choices leave a lot to be desired.

It's been almost a month now and I'm down 11 pounds. my goal on FB was to lose 10 pounds by Thanksgiving.. i did. Now I want to up it and lose 20 by Christmas.
You're doing great! And love hearing that you can rerset even after 6 years. One thing I've come to understand is, with few exceptions, no one maintains without some work. But then I don't know anyone near my age, who is thin without some effort and awareness and mindfulness about what they eat. Even my "naturally" thin friends (one who HATES donuts, they leave her mouth feeling too greasy ) even her, well they have to be somewhat mindful of what they eat. The other thing I know that for me, having this tool makes it easier (not gauranteed), that I can stay in the ranks of normal sized people. And that is a beautiful thing.