Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Surgery (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/)
-   -   What are we doing/eating today - August (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-surgery/836808-what-we-doing-eating-today-august.html)

Maryposa 08-04-2014 08:22 PM

What are we doing/eating today - August

Saturday
B - SF almond iced coffee with cream and 3 slices bacon
L - more coffee
S - yet more coffee and 2 bites chicken and 1/3rd of a home made cookie
D - about 4 oz salmon

Yesterday
B - 3 slices bacon and sf iced butterscotch toffee coffee
L - 3oz rib eye
D - couple naked fried chicken wings dipped in home made ranch
S - choco perfection dark orange chocolate (sf, 40cals, mostly fat)

Today
B - exact same as yesterday
L - loaded broccoli, three wingettes (chicken wing segments) / home made ranch
D - last ounce of ribeye, blue cheese

Maryposa 08-05-2014 10:59 AM

B - same as yesterday and the day before (not getting tired of it!)
L - cheesy cauliflower and 3oz chicken thigh with skin on
S - pistachios (maybe)
D - two chicken wings seasoned with salt, pepper, red chili powder, garlic and cooked on George Foreman grill

I might have a choco perfection sf mint chocolate (40 cals, mostly fat) after dinner if I feel like it.

Hot Tamale 08-05-2014 12:52 PM

Oh, I didn't forget...I'm just trying to not feel so bad about what I am eating so I'm taking a break from posting here for a bit... Glad you are able to keep so disciplined with your eating. I continue to struggle.

thinr4me 08-05-2014 01:45 PM

B: bacon and eggs and coffee
S: veggies and hummus
L: big old salad with turkey
D: beef and veggies

Hi ladies! (for those who still remember me!) :)

Maryposa 08-05-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 16998441)
Oh, I didn't forget...I'm just trying to not feel so bad about what I am eating so I'm taking a break from posting here for a bit... Glad you are able to keep so disciplined with your eating. I continue to struggle.

Aw, HT you've been through some tough stuff lately, yes, please do not beat yourself up right now :hugs:

Maryposa 08-05-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinr4me (Post 16998489)
B: bacon and eggs and coffee
S: veggies and hummus
L: big old salad with turkey
D: beef and veggies

Hi ladies! (for those who still remember me!) :)

:hiya: Linda!!! Good to "see" you!! :)

Jesse 08-05-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 16998441)

When I am trying to get back on track (like now after vacation :)) The first day or 2, I don't restrict calories, just the type of food. I also make sure to have my favorite good for me foods on hand. (For me steak and shrimp, and bacon. Bacon goes a long way with making me feel well treated). I know some thought would be I'm rewarding myself with food, but I know myself and I don't do deprivation well :) Once I'm back to my delicious but healthy foods, then I might start inching the calories down. Sometimes I don't even need to do that, just changing the type of food I'm eating gets me back on track.

Maryposa 08-05-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 16998523)
When I am trying to get back on track (like now after vacation :)) The first day or 2, I don't restrict calories, just the type of food. I also make sure to have my favorite good for me foods on hand. (For me steak and shrimp, and bacon. Bacon goes a long way with making me feel well treated). I know some thought would be I'm rewarding myself with food, but I know myself and I don't do deprivation well :) Once I'm back to my delicious but healthy foods, then I might start inching the calories down. Sometimes I don't even need to do that, just changing the type of food I'm eating gets me back on track.

Me too!!

AshleyDillo 08-05-2014 08:02 PM

I got lazy..sorry!

B: 16oz coffee with 2T hwc
L: 2 strips thick cut bacon used to scoop tuna salad made from 1 can tuna and 1T mayo..only ate 3/4 of the tuna, but devoured all the bacon of course
D: customized salad from Panera..I took the Chicken Avocado Salad and got rid of the lettuce and tomatoes and subbed cucumber. Switched the chicken for turkey. You can completely customize any order online to switch up and add the meat and toppings you like..I love it!

828 cals, 57g fat, 6g carbs, 76g protein
104oz of water
got all my vitamins in (I always consider this a win since I take them 6 times a day for a total of 34 pills daily)

Maryposa 08-06-2014 12:47 PM

B - 2 slices bacon and sf iced butterscotch toffee coffee with cream
S - .75oz Asiago Cheese
L - a bit less than a cup of broccoli/carrot mix with Italian spices and 1tbsp butter, maybe a chicken wing
D - two seasoned chicken wings dipped in home made ranch

The wings are whole (not the segments) seasoned with salt, garlic, pepper, red chili powder and cooked on the George Foreman grill.

Maryposa 08-06-2014 01:56 PM

I noticed I am not really posting my activity, even though this thread is what are we eating / doing. Well, TBH, I am not all that active on a daily basis, I guess I am more of a weekend warrior? lol

Today I will aim for 2 15 minute walks with my dog and 10 minutes intensive hooping. I have to break it up like that because if I wait until after work I just don't feel like doing much :p

AshleyDillo 08-07-2014 06:59 AM

I don't do any extra activity at this point. I have been successful without the exercise in losing weight, so I am going to wait until I am closer to goal before intentionally doing more. I am not keeping myself from living life or anything, just no structured routine for the next 30 pounds or so. I find it hard to eat enough calories as it is and I don't want to toy with the macros to adjust for exercising if what I am currently doing is working.

I will probably be looking into plastic surgery at that point, so I will want to start some weight training to make that process easier.

Maryposa 08-07-2014 10:15 AM

B - same as yesterday... 2 slices bacon and sf iced butterscotch toffee coffee with cream
L - Roasted cauliflower with olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley and parm chs
S - pistachios
D - chicken thigh with skin on, seasoned same way as wings recently.... salt, garlic, pepper, red chili powder and cooked on the George Foreman grill.

2 15 minute walks and 2 shorter ones plus 10 minutes intensive hooping

Hot Tamale 08-08-2014 11:07 AM

I'm back on track - eating low-carb and carefully and I will walk 2 miles on the treadmill today. I haven't been exercising officially - although I have been cleaning out closets and moving stuff around, etc... Also went bowling yesterday - although I wouldn't consider any of that real exercise. I'm going to work up to 3 miles a day at least 5 days a week. I'm also going to look into exercises to strengthen my knees/legs so the knee problems might not be so bad and then I might look at increasing the speed from a fast walk to a slow jog at points...

No more regular sugar, no pasta, rice, or bread for the forseeable future. I will have milk and greek yogurt, but that's it. Gotta do this.

Jesse 08-08-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Tamale (Post 17001551)
I'm back on track - eating low-carb and carefully and I will walk 2 miles on the treadmill today. I haven't been exercising officially - although I have been cleaning out closets and moving stuff around, etc... Also went bowling yesterday - although I wouldn't consider any of that real exercise. I'm going to work up to 3 miles a day at least 5 days a week. I'm also going to look into exercises to strengthen my knees/legs so the knee problems might not be so bad and then I might look at increasing the speed from a fast walk to a slow jog at points...

No more regular sugar, no pasta, rice, or bread for the forseeable future. I will have milk and greek yogurt, but that's it. Gotta do this.

Sounds like a realistic plan. I'm slowly peeling off the gain from my road trip. 1/2 a pound to go. Feels good to be back on track.

Maryposa 08-08-2014 01:26 PM

Yay HT!!!

Maryposa 08-08-2014 01:36 PM

B - sf butterscotch iced coffee with cream, 2 sl bacon
L - roasted cauliflower with butter, seasoning and Romano cheese. Few bites chicken thigh.
S - coffee with cream and pistachios
D - not sure, it's my brothers birthday and he wants Mexican. Probably will just eat steak cubes from street style tacos with cheese and sour cream?

Jesse 08-08-2014 10:30 PM

roasted cabbage steaks

So I googled this, and found a couple of recipes. Here's what I did. Preheat oven to 400. Slice a cabbage into 1/2 wide circle to make "steaks". Brushed cookie sheet very lightly with olive oil. Put steaks on cookie sheets, lightly brushed each steak with olive oil. Salted with kosher salt. (I don't really like black pepper, but would make sense to season with this also). Roast for 35 minutes. Review: I liked it quite a bit. (I do like cabbage in general). Loved the idea of a healthy low calorie snack that is both sweet and salty. In the future I think I will salt it even more heavily and maybe roast maybe 5 or 10 minutes more. Not sure how to store the remaining steaks. Maybe in the fridge and then a quick warm up in oven. If you like cabbage at all, try this :)

Hot Tamale 08-08-2014 11:43 PM

I will try that...been in the mood for cole slaw, too, so I could have both over a few days. Also, if you've never tried roasting brussels sprouts I really love them, too (and I hate them any other way). Just cut them in half, toss with a little olive oil or use some cooking spray, add salt, pepper, and garlic powder and roast at about 450 for maybe 20 - 25 min. They get crispy edges - and the loose leaves you'll have are almost like eating chips... I also roast asparagus and green beans like that. I love them and two of my three kids do, too... (that other one hates everything that isn't pizza or french fries...) lol

Hot Tamale 08-09-2014 07:14 AM

I'm down 1.1 lbs today. I was hoping I'd get a 2 or 3 pound water woosh, but no such luck! My knee is achy, but I'll be walking and/or swimming today, as well as drinking a lot of water and avoiding crap. If I can get through these first few days it will turn back into a habit and won't be so difficult, I know (and hope!).

Maryposa 08-09-2014 08:22 AM

Congrats! Down is down, lady! ;)

Hot Tamale 08-09-2014 09:07 AM

I know, right! I'll take it. Amazing how quickly I can gain, but how slowly I lose. The honeymoon is soooooo far gone! One down, 29 more to go to my adjusted goal of 179. I am shooting for 179 by 1/1/15. Then my goal will be to stay under 185 (between 179 and 184). I was thinking about it and realized I do a lot better when I give myself longer-term goals in addition to shorter ones. That's a long way out and a reasonable goal. It will keep me focused on that prize and hopefully help me stop my off-track eating and, I'll say it, almost binge eating at this point. I know why I'm doing it, but knowing why is not a license to do it. I know better and I just have to do it.

Maryposa 08-09-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryposa (Post 17001705)
L - roasted cauliflower with butter, seasoning and Romano cheese. Few bites chicken thigh.
S - coffee with cream and pistachios
D - not sure, it's my brothers birthday and he wants Mexican. Probably will just eat steak cubes from street style tacos with cheese and sour cream?

Yesterday
S - peanut butter, stevia/erythitol sweetened chocolate*
D - it was my brothers birthday and he wanted Mexican. My wonderful dad who is on quite a different diet from me picked up carnitas, onion/cilantro, lettuce, cheese and sauce for me. <3 was perfect

*Uggggg. Legumes (including peanuts) are a trigger food for me. But every once in the while I test the waters anyway. Wanted more.

Jesse 08-09-2014 01:18 PM

Having more fun with cabbage :) I fried some hamburger with diced onions, then threw in the leftover roasted cabbage from yesterday and some leftover hm chunky marinara sauce, heated it all up and yummmm :)

Maryposa 08-09-2014 05:54 PM

B - sf butterscotch iced coffee with cream, bacon
L - more coffee and bacon
S - more pb and stevia / erythitol chocolate.... sigh
D - chicken thigh and roasted cauliflower with butter and Romano cheese

I'm going to throw out the rest of the peanut butter.

Hot Tamale 08-10-2014 07:44 AM

I threw out some things yesterday, too. Finally feel a bit better - maybe there's a light at the end of this tunnel after all...

I bought a head of cabbage which I will play around with this week. Thanks for the suggestion, Jesse!

I'm down 2.9 pounds as of this morning. I will be forcing myself to weigh daily in order to stay accountable. I know it might not be for everyone, but I need to see that number to keep me straight with what I have to do. I'm shooting to be in Onederland - again - for the FINAL and FOREVER time by my birthday on 8/21. It will, sadly, (because of MY bad decisions) be a challenge and a half to get there.

That said, I'll be walking again today, pushing water, and staying with very clean eating. It IS making a difference in how I feel as well as with what the scale tells me. :)

myyellowstang 08-10-2014 02:05 PM

I not only weigh daily, I weigh multiple times daily. Some may see that as excessive, but with my running in this heat I see it as a hydration status indicator.

Good for y'all for tossing out the junk! I had no food when I came home Friday morning so eating was not great (not bad, but not great) because I wasn't going to run to the store. I vegged all day trying to get rid of this jet lag. Still trying lol. Yesterday morning I drove about 4 hours down to near Austin so my son could go to his Drum Corp banquet/Finals watching party, and again back home today. SO... I finally a few minutes ago went to the grocery store to get some food... all good clean stuff. Time to reset and get serious.

I've had cabbage steaks before. Not too long ago. Sliced, sprayed with EVOO, salted, peppered, and broiled. Sent me running to the bathroom... um... rather QUICKLY. It all went right through me. Haven't had them since!

Hot Tamale 08-10-2014 02:49 PM

Ohhhh - In that case I will make them right now! Can you say wooooosh!! lol

Maryposa 08-10-2014 03:37 PM

I don't really consider peanut butter junk.... but it's a trigger food for me. Sometimes even "healthy" stuff, like cherries and cashews fall in that category.

B - sf butterscotch iced coffee
L - probably a chicken thigh and a couple bites roasted cauliflower with butter and cheese?
D - undecided at the moment.*

Little appetite today.

Maryposa 08-10-2014 03:38 PM

As for doing... lots of hooping and poi spinning