Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2014, 07:33 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Not using it as an excuse and certainly not going to let it continue. It was one evening (and about 800 calories) of bad choices. Today is a new day and I'm once again back on board.
Been there a few too many times lately. It totally stinks, and afterwards I am totally always pissed at myself.

Quote:
I think I need a revision...a mental revision, too. I am mortified how easily I can go right back to old habits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
I need a revision as well. I have thought about converting to RNY but at the end of the day.
I know this is just talking right, because of current situations? Because one thing we have always said is that THIS IS JUST A TOOL and if you do not use the tool correctly (we've all established we have opportunities for improvement) then the tool will not work. HT, you said you are mortified by how easily you can go back to old habits... another surgery will fix that how? By giving you a year (maybe?) of loss before you slip back into old habits? That doesn't fix the issues happening now, and even with a revision (most likely self pay fyi because insurance will not cover another one) you would still backslide without fixing these issues.

I'm at a high level of frustration over this right now. HOW am I accepting of the 2-3 pounds that slip on over time? Because then I get used to them, or excuse them away and then work on accepting the NEXT 2-3 pounds that seem to find their Believe me, I'm in the same place you are. I'm finding myself struggling and sabotaging (subconsciously? purposefully?) myself daily. Maybe it's not all regain. Some of it is muscle. But I'm not kidding myself. I should NOT have gained as much as I have. Yes, I can still wear the same clothes. Most of them. My tiniest jeans I don't even try to get over my thighs and I can tell myself it's because I run and gained thigh muscle, and I have, but realistically - yeah - don't kid myself. I just don't pull them out to put them on anymore because I *know*. I had my "safety zone" to bump around in (HA!), I had the "I will never regain" mentality. I used to think it was *incredulous* that people could regain after major weight loss surgery, because losing weight was sooooo easy. How naďve I was! I didn't know the body adapts to what you put in it. I didn't know that the body accounted for all those lost calories and finds a way to get the calories in. I didn't understand that because of my years of completely and totally screwed up eating I have set myself up for a lifetime of constant diligence... would that have changed things? Maybe? Probably not. But perhaps I would have been a little less accepting of the 2-3 pounds at a time had I known. I know now, and it's even harder.

So. Ladies, short of sitting here and b*%&#^($ and moaning about it, again, what am I (we?) going to do about it? Is there a game plan? Because this is NOT making me happy, it's not where I'd like to be, it's not helping my running any, and it's CERTAINLY NOT something I have to just accept like I have been.

I stepped on the scale this morning and started the whole day off pissed at myself. That's probably why this hit me the way it did. I'm not accepting blindly eating myself into unhappiness again. How CAN I? Not when I know what it's like, and how "easy" it should be to fix.

Food certainly does have a LOT of power doesn't it? It's time to take that power back.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thinr4me
Quote:
I think I need a revision...a mental revision, too. I am mortified how easily I can go right back to old habits. Hopefully after this very stressful first day of school tomorrow I will be able to get over this. I've done good today so far...but it isn't even 1PM yet. Lord, I suck.
I fully understand! You can DO THIS! And you don't SUCK, you're just human and having a struggle.
thinr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Been there a few too many times lately. It totally stinks, and afterwards I am totally always pissed at myself.

I know this is just talking right, because of current situations? Because one thing we have always said is that THIS IS JUST A TOOL and if you do not use the tool correctly (we've all established we have opportunities for improvement) then the tool will not work. HT, you said you are mortified by how easily you can go back to old habits... another surgery will fix that how? By giving you a year (maybe?) of loss before you slip back into old habits? That doesn't fix the issues happening now, and even with a revision (most likely self pay fyi because insurance will not cover another one) you would still backslide without fixing these issues.

I'm at a high level of frustration over this right now. HOW am I accepting of the 2-3 pounds that slip on over time? Because then I get used to them, or excuse them away and then work on accepting the NEXT 2-3 pounds that seem to find their Believe me, I'm in the same place you are. I'm finding myself struggling and sabotaging (subconsciously? purposefully?) myself daily. Maybe it's not all regain. Some of it is muscle. But I'm not kidding myself. I should NOT have gained as much as I have. Yes, I can still wear the same clothes. Most of them. My tiniest jeans I don't even try to get over my thighs and I can tell myself it's because I run and gained thigh muscle, and I have, but realistically - yeah - don't kid myself. I just don't pull them out to put them on anymore because I *know*. I had my "safety zone" to bump around in (HA!), I had the "I will never regain" mentality. I used to think it was *incredulous* that people could regain after major weight loss surgery, because losing weight was sooooo easy. How naďve I was! I didn't know the body adapts to what you put in it. I didn't know that the body accounted for all those lost calories and finds a way to get the calories in. I didn't understand that because of my years of completely and totally screwed up eating I have set myself up for a lifetime of constant diligence... would that have changed things? Maybe? Probably not. But perhaps I would have been a little less accepting of the 2-3 pounds at a time had I known. I know now, and it's even harder.

So. Ladies, short of sitting here and b*%&#^($ and moaning about it, again, what am I (we?) going to do about it? Is there a game plan? Because this is NOT making me happy, it's not where I'd like to be, it's not helping my running any, and it's CERTAINLY NOT something I have to just accept like I have been.

I stepped on the scale this morning and started the whole day off pissed at myself. That's probably why this hit me the way it did. I'm not accepting blindly eating myself into unhappiness again. How CAN I? Not when I know what it's like, and how "easy" it should be to fix.

Food certainly does have a LOT of power doesn't it? It's time to take that power back.
EXCELLENT POST! Thank you for taking the time and the thought to write this
Old 08-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Thank you, Heather. You said it perfectly, and I appreciate your tough love. I was kinda joking when I said I needed a revision - I would love to go back to the days when I could be satisfied with 6 bites of something and then walk away for four hours though! In all seriousness, I think our plights are similar. I don't run like you do (distance or intensity), but I was exercising almost daily and I was really pushing myself. Injury has really slowed me down, but I am not out yet. You're right, too - it is so easy to excuse a few pounds...over and over, until one day you find yourself 20 or 30 pounds above where you were - or want to be - or know you should be. You're absolutely right about food figuring you out and suddenly what was a good amount of calories for you to maintain is suddenly enough to cause you to gain. Sooo frustrating. I think - as pissed as I currently am at myself - I do need to sit down and figure out a plan of attack. I want to be down under 185. I am going to get there. Thanks again - I know you can do it - we all can!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #66

Quote:
Thank you, Heather. You said it perfectly, and I appreciate your tough love. I was kinda joking when I said I needed a revision - I would love to go back to the days when I could be satisfied with 6 bites of something and then walk away for four hours though! In all seriousness, I think our plights are similar. I don't run like you do (distance or intensity), but I was exercising almost daily and I was really pushing myself. Injury has really slowed me down, but I am not out yet. You're right, too - it is so easy to excuse a few pounds...over and over, until one day you find yourself 20 or 30 pounds above where you were - or want to be - or know you should be. You're absolutely right about food figuring you out and suddenly what was a good amount of calories for you to maintain is suddenly enough to cause you to gain. Sooo frustrating. I think - as pissed as I currently am at myself - I do need to sit down and figure out a plan of attack. I want to be down under 185. I am going to get there. Thanks again - I know you can do it - we all can!
Another thing we are dealing with, and this is the BIGGEST FRUSTRATOR OF ALL...

Malabsorption. We are to the point now where we no longer malabsorb calories. Guess what... our bodies have figured us out. So when we were eating 800 calories a day and losing (but really only getting about 400 calories absorbed) we were golden. Then we got to where we could (and should) eat more. Then to maintain we needed to eat more. And more. Because our bodies didn't GET all the calories we ate. UNTIL... one day we woke up and our bodies LAUGHED at us and said "hey - I see what you were doing there" and grew new longer villa in the intestines that are left to absorb more calories. And while we might still only be taking in 1400-1600 calories a day, we are now absorbing every one of them instead of about 50% (random estimate I just made up!). Just one more thing I wish I would have had a better understanding of before.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 07:38 AM   #67

I walked out of the house this morning without my lunch. I was so excited to be "sleeping in" to 630 instead of leaving the house at 630 to bring my son to band camp that I just didn't even think about it.

I did get my protein drink in for breakfast. And my decaf. I've started that habit again because it makes me feel like I have more energy even when I don't.

Now working on my water.

So I have no plan for lunch and no plan for snacks, even though I seriously don't need them with my scale crap lately.

No plan for dinner but probably leftovers.

I have a half this weekend and am not prepared. For the miles I am, sure, no problem. But I'm up on the scale and down on the fluids and that will factor into the suckiness of the race. Especially since it's "The Hottest Half" and supposed to be hot and sucky. There will be 10 water stations and I'll carry more water. I'll need to take salt caps too for electrolytes and I'll need to plan for fuel as well.

If I think my body can handle the heat I may hit the trail run tonight. Or I'll wait until after 9 and run in my neighborhood.

Either way I need to get 3 miles in today.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #68

Lunch - hardboiled egg with a few pieces of romaine, tomato, red onion and lemon juice for dressing.

It was tasty. Why can't that satisfy me for every meal - clean whole food...?
Old 08-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone. Woke up here in the Northeast to cool dry weather, feels like a fall morning!

B: (hungry!) 2 eggs with bacon in a LC pita
S: celery and hummus but doubt I will need it
L: my typical salad - today's protein will be cheese or tuna (brought both)
S: greek yogurt if I need it
D: grilled chicken and veggies

DD goes back to college on Monday. My plan, at that point, is to take a stand and truly make the time for ME, to exercise, to make exercise a priority again, to attend my support groups, etc.....

In the meantime I am in the midst of a whirlwind of activity, working full time while getting time in with DD behind the wheel learning to drive, working on the rental house, the usual cooking and cleaning and stuff that goes on at home and also prepping for a huge yard sale for this weekend as we purged 3 houses of "stuff".

I will be glad once I get DD settled in on campus on Monday and head home to virtually NO responsibility once again for a while!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:38 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyDillo
Stats: 361/161/162.4/150 (highest/lowest/current/goal)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: RnY 7/7/2009 (@320 lbs) LCHF 7/12/2014 (@220 lbs)
B: 24 oz coffee with 2T hwc
S: cup of chicken bullion (mostly to warm up...I am cold all.the.time now!)
L: leftovers from Genghis Grill..this place is a Mongolian bb where you fill your bowl and they cook it. I filled my bowl with chicken, pork and sliced beef. Told them instead of starch I wanted cabbage and bean sprouts to replace the noodles or rice. Used a mixture of soy sauce, sriacha and chili paste in place of their pre made choices as they were all sweet. Came home with a take-out box that weighed 2 pounds...I am a master at packing those bowls!
D: leftover burger and ahi tuna from a local burger place...this was a 1/2lb burger topped with 6oz of ahi tuna, sprouts and asparagus. I got the wasabi mayo on the side and nixed the bun and eel sauce. They even had blackened green beans as a side...so so good!

I am having a lot of success with dining out..and I am loving that my leftovers last me for several meals!
AshleyDillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDillo View Post
B: 24 oz coffee with 2T hwc
S: cup of chicken bullion (mostly to warm up...I am cold all.the.time now!)
L: leftovers from Genghis Grill..this place is a Mongolian bb where you fill your bowl and they cook it. I filled my bowl with chicken, pork and sliced beef. Told them instead of starch I wanted cabbage and bean sprouts to replace the noodles or rice. Used a mixture of soy sauce, sriacha and chili paste in place of their pre made choices as they were all sweet. Came home with a take-out box that weighed 2 pounds...I am a master at packing those bowls!
D: leftover burger and ahi tuna from a local burger place...this was a 1/2lb burger topped with 6oz of ahi tuna, sprouts and asparagus. I got the wasabi mayo on the side and nixed the bun and eel sauce. They even had blackened green beans as a side...so so good!

I am having a lot of success with dining out..and I am loving that my leftovers last me for several meals!
Love Genghis!
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #72

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I have a cold and mostly been sleeping two days
Maryposa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:38 AM   #73

B - mint cookie protein
decaf with creamer and splenda, water
L - forgot my lunch at home! So no idea!
water, tea
D - leftovers or chicken or something

Half marathon was yesterday so today is a true rest day. I might do some gentle yoga if the chiro doesn't work out all my aches and pains lol.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:28 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

B: bacon, eggs, coffee
S: hummus and celery
L: salad with cheese for protein
D; steak and summer veggies

E: walking - walked once today, going to try for a second time after work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyDillo
Stats: 361/161/162.4/150 (highest/lowest/current/goal)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: RnY 7/7/2009 (@320 lbs) LCHF 7/12/2014 (@220 lbs)
B: 1 slice cheddar cheese, 1 slice pepper jack cheese
S: 16 oz coffee with 2T hwc
L: 5oz salmon with roasted tomato salsa with 1T mayonnaise and a liberal dose of Crystal pepper sauce
D: since I had the same for lunch yesterday and wasn't hungry for dinner, I assume not hi ing. But I may hit up a bag of sunflower seeds if I am feeling snacky.
AshleyDillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:34 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

B: bacon, eggs, coffee
S: nothing wasn't hungry
L: tuna salad on mixed greens salad, SF pudding
S: I have greek yogurt with fruit or celery and hummus if I need it
D: chicken stuffed with tomatoes and mozzarella and fresh basil, green beans

Walked 2 miles at lunch
Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM   #77