Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: barbinga2
Gaining. Are you kidding me?

Y'all I'm about to pull my hair out. Wait no need,it's already falling out.

Here is a pic of my weight. How in the world am I GAINING? It's one (cruddy) thing to be stalled, but to be steadily gaining? I'm up to the same weight I was on June 19th, 17 days ago.

unnamed.jpg

First day in a long time yesterday that I was able to meet my totals with food. Yay! I had tuna salad on a small tomato broiled, baked chicken thigh with about half ounce of pan roasted potatoes and onions to help the chicken slide down and 1 ounce peanuts. 609 calories

Day before protein shake,millet and flax chips (2) and cheese dip (1carb), black bean and chicken chili and 1 oz peanuts. 760 calories

Day before black bean chicken chili w sour cream, protein shake, 2 T peanut butter, 1T cheese spread, 1T palmetto cheese, 2 millet and flax chips. 932 calories

Day before protein shake, black bean and chicken chili, corn chowder 1/2 c. (I know I shouldn't have had this), 2 millet and flax chips 610 calories

Day before protein smoothie, another smoothie, small piece jack links beef steak, 2 slices white american cheese. 583 calories.

Day before protein smoothie, 1/2 lc tortilla, 1/2 chicken breast, monterey jack cheese, cooked in butter, 1 oz peanuts. 823 calories.
barbinga2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #2

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I know this is probably not what your want to hear, but that's normal. Happened to all of us. When it happened to me, I had to keep on truckin' with faith that my weight would be going back down again soon.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Actually I DO want to hear that. Lol. It just doesn't seem "physically" possible though. I expect stalls and while I don't like them, I don't let them bother me. I also am used to some fluctuations, in fact during my 5 plus years of low carb in the past I would lose a pound or two, gain it back within a day or two, and then lose it for good, but this feels different with it creeping up over a 2 plus week period. I mean I'm still just four months - in the honeymoon period of best loss! THAT freaks me out. It feels almost like a threat hanging over my head.

One thing I wonder.....I've never been one to worry much about sodium and though I have heard of low sodium black beans I'd never really thought about using them because I love my salt. Lol. When I entered the black bean chicken chili recipe in Spark People, however, I was shocked to see the salt milligrams - over 1400 for a half cup! I will forever buy the low sodium kind from now on, but could this be water retention? I'm not swollen anywhere that I can tell, very slight edema in my right leg which is pretty normal for me. I drank a ton (for me) of water yesterday and (TMI) went and went this morning when I woke up (more than normal). (It was because of that last bit, actually, that I was surprised to see a gain).

I know I'm a broken record here but I'm TERRIFIED of messing this chance up. Nothing alarming in my menus right? I'll probably not buy the chips again - they haven't really helped me get more protein down which was the point and I WON'T have something like that around just to munch on (the amounts I had each day were about 3 carbs net).

Last edited by barbinga2; 07-06-2014 at 11:57 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 06:07 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Your weight will go up and down. Your weight will stall. Your weight will drop. It will do ALL these things without rhyme or reason. Trust the tool and if you are eating appropriately (which it sounds like you are) you will lose.

I don't know anyone who *failed* to lose when they had the surgery. Now keeping it off is a different animal altogether, but unless you have already found a way to eat around your tool you will continue to trend down despite the small occasional bumps in weight.

Any fluids you drink that day add to your weight. Any waste that hasn't been eliminated yet adds to your weight. The extra salty meal you ate adds to your weight. LOTS of things add to your weight on a daily basis. If you are constipated you'll weigh more. If you're drinking more you'll weigh more...

Basically, your weight will change hourly, daily, weekly, etc in BOTH directions.

Trust your tool, follow your rules and don't stress over the smalls bumps in the road. It's a LONG journey.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 AM   #5

Like I said in another thread, to gain these two pounds legitimately you would have to have eaten 7000 calories MORE than your body needs to survive. Show them to me.

That's because you DIDN'T.

It's just a normal process.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:37 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Heather it's not that it happened in a day that concerns me - that's why I'm never concerned about fluctuations - it's happened over almost 3 weeks. Is that still a fluctuation? I guess it is if you are looking at a year view. Looking at a month view (which is all I have at this point) this seems like more than a fluctuation. My surgeon expects at a minimum a 10 - 15 pound loss in a month period. I'm now back to the same weight I was 19 days ago.

By the same example of 3500 calories equaling a pound, according to my average calorie deficit (average is 3100 calories deficit per day I SHOULD have lost 116.57 pounds by now (I've lost half of that) and while doing low carb I routinely gained while eating well under 3500 if I ate the wrong foods.

I'm just ticked. I feel horrible, I can barely eat anything, my hair is falling out by the handful and I'm gaining. I gained another pound today.

Last edited by barbinga2; 07-07-2014 at 09:39 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 11:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbinga2 View Post
Heather it's not that it happened in a day that concerns me - that's why I'm never concerned about fluctuations - it's happened over almost 3 weeks. Is that still a fluctuation? I guess it is if you are looking at a year view. Looking at a month view (which is all I have at this point) this seems like more than a fluctuation. My surgeon expects at a minimum a 10 - 15 pound loss in a month period. I'm now back to the same weight I was 19 days ago.

By the same example of 3500 calories equaling a pound, according to my average calorie deficit (average is 3100 calories deficit per day I SHOULD have lost 116.57 pounds by now (I've lost half of that) and while doing low carb I routinely gained while eating well under 3500 if I ate the wrong foods.

I'm just ticked. I feel horrible, I can barely eat anything, my hair is falling out by the handful and I'm gaining. I gained another pound today.
What I see is a 3 pound fluctuation up and down over the course of a few weeks. I can change 3-5 pounds in less time due to bowel movements (or lack thereof).

I don't know what to tell you then. I really think that your expectations at this point are unrealistic. You have more than one experienced post op telling you that this was our exact experience. That everything you are posting has been our exact experience as well. And we lost. And we maintained our loss. The hair thing, I'd tell you that is normal too and I ended up chopping mine off - which didn't stop it but made me feel better in the shower because the strands were shorter and less obvious. My weight stalled for a long time around 3-4 months out. My hair started falling out around that same time. And yes, I could barely eat anything either.

IF you are gaining then you are not being honest in what you are eating either in foods or quantities. IF you are gaining there is a whole other issue going on because it is extremely difficult and darn near impossible to gain this early out unless you are blatantly not following the rules.

Judging by your high level of anxiety I would say that is CLEARLY not the case.

I'm standing by my prior advice that this is a normal weight fluctuation and that you must trust the tool.

If you really do feel otherwise, please put in a call to your doctor because there is something else going on that probably needs to be checked out.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Maybe this just isn't the place for a newbie. Y'all all seem to be years post op. It's nice to hear it's normal but I guess I'm looking for more suggestions - things you tried to eat at my stage. I personally don't believe that you can eat anything and still lose (nor do I want to eat the wrong things) and I'm just trying to find something that works for me (both will go down and stay down and allow me to stay close to my low carb desires resulting in losses).

It makes no sense to me that I've had a surgery that reduced my stomach to the size of an egg, caused malabsorption issues and am losing more slowly than before I had the surgery. I do trust what you are saying - that it worked for y'all in the long run, but I strongly think what choices I make in my foods will affect my losses. Also sometimes you just have to vent and be scared. I'd be willing to bet that you all did that too at 4 months - or whenever - when you realized the sacrifice you'd made, but despite your efforts weren't seeing the results - in the present tense (not hind sight).

I have lots of boards that I am a member of, but I came back here because the choices most make on the other boards don't jive with my low carb sensibilities. I think if there were more people still going through the process here, they wouldn't be frustrated with my newness. Do you know of any boards that are both for RNY and low carb?
Old 07-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #9

I did give you those suggestions in another thread, but we are all different in what we can tolerate. Just know that we can not tolerate much. You try something, it doesn't sit well and you try something else. Then a week or two later, try it again. That is still my process to this very day.

You didn't ask for food suggestions in this post. You asked why you were regaining. I said you weren't. (And you really aren't, promise!)

What you eat effects the rate at which you will lose and will later effect you in regain, but you will lose for the first 1- 1 1/2 years. Period.

I can understand venting, I do it myself all the time. Venting is fine. But please know that the replies we are giving you are based on our experiences and what we are saying is that our experiences were the same things you are going through. If you're looking for reassurance that things are normal, I can give you that, because it is. If you are looking for ways to fix what's going on... I can't give you that because I can't fix it. It's a process, a journey, and "the suck" is part of it.

Yes, I spent time crying over things. Agonizing over the half pound "gain" from morning to afternoon, wondering what I could have eaten to have caused it. Which is exactly why I'm replying to you right now about your posts on the same thing I went through. Because I've been there, I've done that, and I can (try) to ease at least some of the anxiety that what is happening is not because you are doing something wrong or because you are failing, but because it is part of the process that you have to go through to get to being years out.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #10
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I have not 'been there' but my sister has, and having observed her experience (now about 14 months out), I think you are putting yourself through too much angst over your 'diet.' I totally understand your desire to eat low carb, but at 4 months out, my sister had to eat entirely in terms of what she could tolerate.

Yes, she ignored the obviously unhealthy (sugar--which she says is still the easiest to get down), but both her surgeon and dietician told her the the only priority should be protein for at least six month. She went from shakes to Greek yoghurt to mild fish. But she was severely limited in what she could tolerate for those first 6 months, and I know she felt frustrated.

During those 6 months, her Type 2 diabetes--which had been a problem despite her taking 3 medications--resolved completely so that she has been off all her Rx since her fifth month. Apparently, as with weight, Type 2 responds well to eating very small amounts.

She never lost as quickly as her surgeon 'advertised,' but she lost steadily for about a year. Her losses have slowed, but she is now eating much more food. AND she is now able to pay attention to what she's eating because she can tolerate so much more food--and knows how to prepare things she may have some problems with. Happily, her experience has convinced her that healthy eating should be her priority.

If you are still concerned about all this, I'd suggest seeing your surgeon or primary doctor. At 4 months, my sister became very concerned about her inability to eat meat and some other things, but a visit to her surgeon and his nutritionist put her mind at rest that what she was experiencing was totally normal. You may get a similar assurance OR, if there's actually a problem, the doctor should be able to help.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
I have not 'been there' but my sister has, and having observed her experience (now about 14 months out), I think you are putting yourself through too much angst over your 'diet.' I totally understand your desire to eat low carb, but at 4 months out, my sister had to eat entirely in terms of what she could tolerate.

Yes, she ignored the obviously unhealthy (sugar--which she says is still the easiest to get down), but both her surgeon and dietician told her the the only priority should be protein for at least six month. She went from shakes to Greek yoghurt to mild fish. But she was severely limited in what she could tolerate for those first 6 months, and I know she felt frustrated.

During those 6 months, her Type 2 diabetes--which had been a problem despite her taking 3 medications--resolved completely so that she has been off all her Rx since her fifth month. Apparently, as with weight, Type 2 responds well to eating very small amounts.

She never lost as quickly as her surgeon 'advertised,' but she lost steadily for about a year. Her losses have slowed, but she is now eating much more food. AND she is now able to pay attention to what she's eating because she can tolerate so much more food--and knows how to prepare things she may have some problems with. Happily, her experience has convinced her that healthy eating should be her priority.

If you are still concerned about all this, I'd suggest seeing your surgeon or primary doctor. At 4 months, my sister became very concerned about her inability to eat meat and some other things, but a visit to her surgeon and his nutritionist put her mind at rest that what she was experiencing was totally normal. You may get a similar assurance OR, if there's actually a problem, the doctor should be able to help.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Heather and Leo.

I had to walk away from the edge I was teetering on. :-)
Since I've felt to bad I haven't been leaving the house too much but for the last couple of days I've made myself, even if just doing mundane things. Right now I'm sitting in an ice skating rink parking lot while my dd skates. Made the H U G E mistake of getting an Arby's sandwich. Blech. Why did it sound good anyway?

Anyway getting out some more has helped me not be quite as obsessed with all the details.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

I just read my post (wish we could edit). I didn't eat a sandwich! I tried to eat the meat.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:53 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BonnyLass
Stats: 285/163/135
WOE: low carb/starch blockers when needed
Start Date: 73'low carb 4evr.Never fell for low fat
IT MAY NOT SEEM LIKE A LOT OF CARBS, BUT i WOULD ELIMINATE THE BEANS, PEANUTS AND CORN. I DON'T SEE MUCH GREENERY, TRY ADDING SOME SALAD GREENS AND SUPPLEMENTAL FIBER(TABLETS, METAMUCAL ETC). AND YES, SOMETIMES SODIUM CAN POSE A PROBLEM. TRY ELIMINATING THOSE THINGS FOR A FEW DAYS AND SEE IF THAT DOESN'T NUDGE THINGS IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. WHAT ARE IN YOUR SMOOTHIES? FRUIT CAN CAUSE A PROBLEM TOO. SOUNDS A LITTLE LIKE CARB CREEP, NOT TOO MUCH WHEN TAKEN INDIVIDUALLY BUT ADD THEM UP AND IT MAY SURPRISE YOU. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, BY THE TIME I REALIZED THEY WERE LOCKED IT WAS TOO LATE TO GO BACK. GOOD LUCK.
BonnyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Bonnie! I'm in that weird spot of not being able to get many proteins down (meat wise) and the beans and other little carbs mixed with the proteins are helping them to go down and stay down. Each week seems to get a little better being able to keep meat down so those will stop soon. I knew I shouldn't have had the corn chowder but someone cooked it and nothing else was staying down that day and I added a scoop of protein powder to it. I didn't like it though so I bet I only ate 2 oz. I've not had many vegetables yet honestly because I'm so focused on everything going in my mouth being protein. I did do salads with chicken cut up in it for a while but my stomach started protesting about the lettuce and raw spinach so I had to stop. I'll try them again soon.

My shakes do have a little fruit - but they are only 15 carbs and 31 grams of protein per shake. A couple of the days I listed I was able to get all my protein from food - yay! I searched for a protein drink that I could tolerate and the only one I could was syntrax nectar. I drank it for about 2 months I think and just got so tired of it that I had to experiment around to find another one I could tolerate. My carbs for the last 10 days are 19,22,23,38,39,22,45,53,51,35 so I don't THINK my carbs are too high, but could be! (the three higher days were the chicken chili days). Are you a WLS patient? If so how many carbs were you advised to have? My surgeon said under 100. Gulp. I don't think so. And I honestly think the nutritionist doesn't fully understand low carb at all. She's new to the practice and if she's like most NUT's probably didn't advise low carb before coming to a WLS practice. Her advice in how to get in more calories in made my eyes bug out. Lol. (For the first 2 months I was only getting in about 250 calories a day).

I think you're right that the sodium was a big problem. The scale is nudging back down again. Hopefully I won't need to do the chili again but if I do I will, for certain, get the low sodium beans.

Thank you so much for looking at my foods.

Last edited by barbinga2; 07-12-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I just noticed the capella flavor drops at netrition. Has anyone used these? In shakes?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:41 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
How is it going this week?
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:30 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: AshleyDillo
Stats: 360/160/176/150 (highest/lowest/current/goal)
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: RnY 7/7/2009 (@320 lbs) LCHF 7/12/2014 (@220 lbs)
I am completely new here, and this is my first post, so bear with me...

I am 5 years post-op from my RnY.

From my experience, for the first 6 months it helped to throw the calorie counts out the window. The most important thing is protein. Focus on hitting your protein goals. Your stomach capacity won't let you overeat, and if you're following the post-op rules about drinking you won't have the time to overeat as you try to get in all of your water.

If you must focus on calories, I stuck with a 10 to 1 ratio. Whatever I ate had to have at least 1 gram of protein for every 10 calories. It was strict, but it worked for me. If you eat 600 calories in a day, 60 grams will be your protein count. Protein has 4 calories a gram, so that leaves calories for fat and carbs. Most of my carbs came from dairy.

I also avoided all sugars in those first 6 months, including fruit. Also didnt eat potatoes, carrots, corn or peas because they also impacted me the same way as table sugar. If there was fruit in something like yogurt, I would eat it if the container fit my ratio.

What did I eat?
eggs
canned tuna
cottage cheese
greek yogurt (or carbmaster yogurt if you have Kroger)
fish
lunch meat (without added sugars or nitrates)
string cheese
shrimp (chew chew chew)
chili (Wendy's chili is a good option if you're out)
chicken any way but fried

I did use protein shakes at first because it was the quickest way to get my protein in. I used skim milk with the powders or light unsweetened soy milk. Body Fortress powder available from Walmart was tolerable for me. The ready to drink Pure Protein and Premier Protein drinks were also good. People have different tastes when it comes to protein powders, though.

I used Miralax or Benefiber in my shakes to help with the constipation. It will happen from the high protein, lack of fiber, iron and calcium supplements.

I lost a lot faster than my doctor expected, and I continued to lose up until about the 18th month mark. I kept with the ratio, but I started eating more veggies. Still kept away from the starchy ones.

Went from 320 to 160 in 18 months. Maintained at 160 for about a year. Had a lifestyle change and threw my eating plan out the window and gained back 60 over the past 2 years. And that's why I'm here.

All the lost weight happened with no structured exercise, too. Lost weight on diet alone and the surgery was my tool to make it happen.
AshleyDillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDillo View Post
I am completely new here, and this is my first post, so bear with me...

I am 5 years post-op from my RnY.

From my experience, for the first 6 months it helped to throw the calorie counts out the window. The most important thing is protein. Focus on hitting your protein goals. Your stomach capacity won't let you overeat, and if you're following the post-op rules about drinking you won't have the time to overeat as you try to get in all of your water.

If you must focus on calories, I stuck with a 10 to 1 ratio. Whatever I ate had to have at least 1 gram of protein for every 10 calories. It was strict, but it worked for me. If you eat 600 calories in a day, 60 grams will be your protein count. Protein has 4 calories a gram, so that leaves calories for fat and carbs. Most of my carbs came from dairy.

I also avoided all sugars in those first 6 months, including fruit. Also didnt eat potatoes, carrots, corn or peas because they also impacted me the same way as table sugar. If there was fruit in something like yogurt, I would eat it if the container fit my ratio.

What did I eat?
eggs
canned tuna
cottage cheese
greek yogurt (or carbmaster yogurt if you have Kroger)
fish
lunch meat (without added sugars or nitrates)
string cheese
shrimp (chew chew chew)
chili (Wendy's chili is a good option if you're out)
chicken any way but fried

I did use protein shakes at first because it was the quickest way to get my protein in. I used skim milk with the powders or light unsweetened soy milk. Body Fortress powder available from Walmart was tolerable for me. The ready to drink Pure Protein and Premier Protein drinks were also good. People have different tastes when it comes to protein powders, though.

I used Miralax or Benefiber in my shakes to help with the constipation. It will happen from the high protein, lack of fiber, iron and calcium supplements.

I lost a lot faster than my doctor expected, and I continued to lose up until about the 18th month mark. I kept with the ratio, but I started eating more veggies. Still kept away from the starchy ones.

Went from 320 to 160 in 18 months. Maintained at 160 for about a year. Had a lifestyle change and threw my eating plan out the window and gained back 60 over the past 2 years. And that's why I'm here.

All the lost weight happened with no structured exercise, too. Lost weight on diet alone and the surgery was my tool to make it happen.

And welcome.

This is another good example that your feelings Barbinga are normal and you are on the right path...

Ashley, join us on the other "busier" threads. We try to post daily and are having the same struggles you are!
Old 07-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #20

[QUOTE=AshleyDillo;16975388]Went from 320 to 160 in 18 months. Maintained at 160 for about a year. Had a lifestyle change and threw my eating plan out the window and gained back 60 over the past 2 years. And that's why I'm here.

All the lost weight happened with no structured exercise, too. Lost weight

Ashley, join us here!!!

Daily food/workout accountability posts

Monday weigh in accountability posts

Daily random chat/vent/brag posts!
Old 07-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #21
Senior LCF Member

PS: The hair loss is temporary. It is a combo of the effects of anesthesia from your surgery and the lack of protein. It will come back!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:26 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Jesse - thank you for asking!!

Things seem to slowwwwly be improving. Now I'm struggling to get in my liquids. Lol. It's always something. I went to Trader Joes and got a few suggested items and they might be a big help.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:55 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for your post Ashley!

I'm not really concerned with calories unless they are too low.

Things seem to slowwwwly be improving. I can eat chicken sometimes now. Still a no on ground beef unless I make a meatloaf. Someone else made one a couple of days ago and I got sick as a dog - I added more to make mine soft so I think that was the difference. Last time I tried shrimp it was a BIG no. Lol. Going to Florida this weekend so might give it another try :-) I WISH I could eat eggs - they would be so handy! The only way I can eat them is deviled - need to make some more come to think of it - last time I made them I made 12 halves and I got two - my family scarfed them down. I've REALLY been enjoying an old favorite. Fresh grown tomato opened flat and seeded. Tuna mixed with mayo and s&p spread over and then broiled. I use a small tomato. Come to think of it I think that's the only thing I've eaten since surgery that I can say I enjoyed. :-)

I knew the hair loss was probable. Just disconcerting when it actually DOES happen. It's coming out at a much faster rate on the sides - and my hair is short to begin with - if it keeps up at the rate it's going I won't have any on the sides and the back will still be thick enough for 3 people. Prettttty! :-)
Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

With all protein, chew chew chew. Sauces and gravies help, but you want to make sure you are chewing enough since I found it easier to gulp down moist foods and sometimes would get stuck still.

I used cucumbers instead of crackers for things like egg salad. I prefer savory to sweet, so I actually enjoyed using plain greek yogurt in place of sour cream or mayonnaise when I made tuna or chicken salad. It was tart and upped the protein count. I also mixed it with vinegar based dressings to make a creamy dip.

Google the world according to eggface. She posts tons of WLS-friendly recipes and ideas that really helped me in my early months.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ashley! Good ideas.
Old 07-16-2014, 02:45 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hey Ashley - Nice to meet you! Congrats on your loss and congrats on coming here for support.

Barbara - Glad to hear that things are improving for you. It does get better!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Hi HT!
Old 07-24-2014, 07:56 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Thought I'd report in. It's my official weigh in day for the month. In my fifth month since surgery I've lost 2 pounds. Can't say I'm thrilled.

I did cut back on the protein drinks with fruit. I've only had one in the last ten days.

Last edited by barbinga2; 07-24-2014 at 08:02 AM..