LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Arm lift after Weight Loss Surgery

Hi, Ladies! I've not posted in a while. I do read you all the time.

I had RNY gastric bypass in August 2008 and maintaining pretty well. Would like to get 10 pounds off that I gained after major surgery on both feet, but doing ok.

I had lots of skin removal... lower body lift, face/neck, breast lift/silicone implants... pretty much everything except arm lift. I did have my surgeon pull some of my loose arm skin up and cut off in the arm pit area and that helped, but still not loving my flabby arms.

I know some of you all had the arm lifts. Are you happy you did and how was your recovery?

Thanks!
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #2

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Arms were the TOUGHEST recovery for me, believe it or not... even worse than thighs and LBL, tougher than anything! I don't know if it was the method my surgeon used or what...
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: emem89
I did the extended arm lift combined with an upper back lift. I am absolutely thrilled with the results. My arms were huge, I mean absolutely huge before I did this. I don’t have anything to compare it too as this was the only plastic surgery I have ever had but it was definitely worse than I had anticipated, but well worth it. I would say a good two weeks before I could really (barely) wash my own hair, a month before I could really raise my arms above my head and it was a good month to a month and half before I could really straighten my arms at my sides – I felt a bit like a bouncer for awhile. I am about six months out and incisions are actually still a little sore. Recovery basically sucked but well worth it in the end!!!
emem89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
I agree - the arm surgery was difficult - I'd say my toughest one, too. I had similar times before I could do the things emem mentioned. My scars are still pretty ugly - I have keloid scarring and those are my worst ones. The scars are well-placed, but I'm still pretty self-conscious about them. I had 9cm of skin removed from each arm. They look much better than before and I would do it again - but I would make sure the surgeon got enough of that "side boob" area. She didn't...I think my skin/body have "settled" a bit since then, and to fix this now (about 2.5 years after the original surgery) I was just quoted $1800 and a 2-hour in-office surgery situation. I'm thinking about it, but it isn't in the cards for me right now... So, in conclusion, I would do it again, but I'd go in knowing it might be a tough recovery...
"No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." -Bill Phillips
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 188 / 174 (-20)
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:41 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: clmoore
Stats: 261/150/145
WOE: RNY Gastric bypass Aug 2008 low carb
Start Date: Aug 2008
Thank you all so much for your honest experiences. I will do a lot of thinking about this before I do it. My arms are not horrible, but I know with age they will just get worse than they already are now. I appreciate and admire all of you.
clmoore is offline   Reply With Quote