Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 06:49 AM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Heather, I am not 100% sure, I think spending $50? Maybe Heather knows. But I easily do that. I buy my vitamins/supplements, erythitol sweeteners/coffee syrups, protein there. I save up a list rather than buy one item at a time.
Oh well. I'm ordering it today, so if I don't qualify that's okay. I don't have anything else I'm really interested in buying... and it shouldn't reach $50. But I have a ton of blender bottles and those are my faves anyway. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Enjoying my Saturday. Did a little shopping, at a store that brings me by the hospital where I had my surgery. Everytime I go by, I say a prayer of thanks for my sleeved life. I bought my own Mother's Day present my husband asked me what I wanted and I decided I wanted a linen upgrade, he had to work today, but I had time to shop so I bought new luxurious pillows with lots of heft and 500 thread count sheets. Can't wait to go to bed tonight!
I'm spoiled by our htc sheets. We won't sleep on anything else. We have to keep several in the closet because I change them out frequently because Lucy sleeps with me. <3

Quote:
Celebrated Mothers Day by doing laundry and putting some bedding plants in my flower bed. The predicted overnight lows for the coming week are in the 30s I hope my new flowers don't freeze. DH is home from work and is going to make dinner, then we are off to a movie. Hope everyone is having a great Sunday!
We had a freeze about 2 days after we put all our veggies. We just overturned some pots and buckets on them and they were fine. You can also put some black yard bags over them to protect them and then remove in the morning when the danger has passed.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 10:08 AM   #32

This week is starting off with a bang I guess. It's been nasty humid out and this morning it started pouring. Last week was a light week workout wise. I gave my hip/knee a few days rest. I walked a 5k on Saturday.

The plan was to run 5 miles on Sunday but I ended up going to the horse races and out to eat after. Both of which I did not entirely enjoy. The box at the races was FREEZING and there was nothing I could eat. I brought pb crackers, protein bar, apple and cocoa roasted almonds (the no sugar kind, not the candied kind). Got a fajita salad at the restaurant and the chicken was mesquite smoked - yuck. That always tastes bitter to me. *sigh* I'd have rather been at home doing laundry after a nice long (5 miles for now!) humid run. Is that sad?

Overslept this morning and missed my 5@5 run. I hear it was humid but a good run. This week I'm shooting for making it 5 miles.

5/17 I have a local 5k.

5/24 I have a 10k.

Nothing yet in June or July.

I am potentially going to Alaska in August if the person who I am going with can come up with the $900 for the flight (it's her friend we'd be staying with so no going if she can't!).

There's a really cool half marathon in Colorado in August on the 17th that some people in my running club are doing. And flights are only $98 RT right now... I'm thinking on that one...

9/21 I have a half marathon at a balloon festival. It just sounded really cool.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:44 PM   #33

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I meant to say maybe HT knows!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #34

Did I mention that I dropped $450 last Friday on a new Garmin? I'd been having new model envy ever since I bought my FR610 last September and found out (less than a month later) that they were about to debut the FR620. Totally ordered it Friday morning and it should be here today. Squeal! TBH I sat there with it in my online shopping cart debating clicking "complete" for a good bit. My other one is only about 8 months old (didn't see much use during about 4 of those months with Molly passing and then the ITB hiatus) and it was used for only about 50-60 runs. So it's perfectly fine, and has a TON of features... but it's not the latest model and I wanted it lol. I'll probably list it for sale on FB or in my running club for a few hundred. I reimburse them from my FSA so I'm spending my own money, but it's money I never see so I can kinda disassociate it as not really being mine. And I got a HUGE travel reimbursement check for the mileage I drove for work from Jan-March, plus a conference I attended. So... I spent part of that on the new Garmin, and I'll reimburse it all back, and then all of that will go towards my trip to Alaska in August... Totally justified, right? Right. Totally.

Anyway, it's like a kid on Christmas Eve today. I know it's coming today, tracking says so. And I can't wait to get home to use it but I have meetings this afternoon that I can't skip. And it's been thunderstorming (good news! It works on treadmill runs too!) so I don't even know if I'll be able to run...

I also ordered a new phone case for my s4. It's supposed to be thin and lightweight yet protects like an otterbox. And waterproof (aka sweatproof, since that's what killed my other one... running with it tucked in my bra one day after work).

My local yoga studio is running several AcroYoga workshops and then a 6 week AY series. If all do well then they'll bring it back to the studio, as long as attendance stays up. I'm so excited! This may get me back to going to yoga regularly. I NEED that to help with my running!
Old 05-13-2014, 03:45 PM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Hi Everyone! Back from a few days away - and away from exercise and healthy eating - although I did get in plenty of walking and I didn't go totally nuts with the eating... Just need to jump back on the bandwagon and get on track again. I'm actually looking forward to my next jog/walk. I saw three people I hadn't seen since about 1990 this past weekend and no one knew who I was. It was really fun watching the shock when they were told it was me. lol Loved it.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi Everyone! Back from a few days away - and away from exercise and healthy eating - although I did get in plenty of walking and I didn't go totally nut)s with the eating... Just need to jump back on the bandwagon and get on track again. I'm actually looking forward to my next jog/walk. I saw three people I hadn't seen since about 1990 this past weekend and no one knew who I was. It was really fun watching the shock when they were told it was me. lol Loved it.
I had my surgery the summer after my daughter's freshman year in college. From time to time a high school friend will stop by when she's home that hasn't seen me in a while and their reactions are so funny. They recognize me but don't want to shout OMG ( a couple of her friends asked her if it was okay to tell me how good I looked ) and then there are the furrowed brows when I answer the door, and the dawning realization as they recognize my voice. It's pretty funny.
Jesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

NSV I was out to dinner with my husband when he took out his phone and took a picture of me. I thought maybe he was texting it to our daughter but then I asked him why did you take my picture. He said be cause you look so nice. Now he was always loving towards me no matter what my weight, but this just taking my picture (and me posing) is definitely a post wls thing. It made me feel really pretty. I love my sleeve
Old 05-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

This thread is turning into my own personal blog So graduation open house season has begun. Things I am not looking forward to: encountering people I haven't seen in a while and going through the exclamations and questions about my weight loss. I am over that and I have LOVED how those comments have ceased in my everyday life. ( I do however enjoy the compliments about what I'm wearing). Things I am just a little bit concerned about: navigating the food. I feel mostly in control, but I have been surprised in the past how easy it is to get out of control. Things I am not worried about at all: How I will look, what I will wear, what if I have to sit in a folding chair, people judging how much I eat or how much I've gained since they last saw me ...I my sleeve.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:58 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm here, Jesse - just having similar positive and negative experiences with graduation season. I will admit that I totally lost control yesterday - the absolute worst backslide since before my WLS... I had EVERYTHING and LOTS OF IT. Right down to a small Snickers blizzard. I don't know what got into me, but that is now OVER. I got up and walked/jogged around 3.5 miles and then washed and waxed my car - which is no small deal, since it is a SUV and required me to get up and down on a step ladder a bunch of times, in addition to all that rubbing with the wax. I know I will be sore tomorrow. In any case, I am off the sugar and doing far better today. The slide scares me, but I sorta know why - I have a million papers to grade and a million things to do before school ends in about a week. I just don't have enough time to do all these things - well, I might if I didn't procrastinate. Have I mentioned I'm the best procrastinator - and one of the ways I occupy myself so I don't do my work is to eat... Soooo, I'm white-knuckling it today, but I am NOT caving. I've just come way too far for that.

Congrats on all the positive sides of what you're doing, Jesse! I know what a relief it is to go to functions and not worry about hardly anything! So refreshing!!

Now...WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE!!!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Old 05-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #40

Been a busy few days at work. LOVING my new Garmin and now selling my other one.

Ran a 5k this morning. My first mile was 10:36 pace. I incorporated more walk breaks in the other miles because I knew the route was a hilly one. My itb is a little achy right now but nothing like it would be before! I wanted to up a long run to 5 miles this week, but I don't know if I'll run tomorrow. Depends on how much rest I feel my leg needs after today. I'm still several minutes off from being back where I was before everything, but I'm getting there. My 5k PR is 33:06 and was steadily improving (5k prior to that was 34:11). My times since post injury are longer, but still slowly improving. I'll get there. Hopefully without too much more trouble!
Old 05-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Here I am ,with more Wow upon WoW for me . Ok aside from back stuff (wont EVEN go there), I find out that I have ....wait for it ...wait for it......thyroid now to be concerned about, of the HIPPO oops LOL, Hypo kind. I am doing Bio Identical Hrt and when she had that tested as well that's what showed up . I was not surprised . Any way now she has put me on a GF diet and no dairy or soy. UH Sorry April Fools was last month lady !!! Well I will give it a go for 3 months and see how it effects how I feel and of course my weight. I am so confused as to how the hell to make my brain do flip, flops, now !!

230/ 123~ back 156 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115

Jan- 27 153
Jun-19-156
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
I am doing Bio Identical Hrt and when she had that tested as well that's what showed up . I was not surprised . Any way now she has put me on a GF diet and no dairy or soy.
I'm sure the soy and dairy is due to the hormones. What's the reason for the gluten free?

I wonder about this. My office mate went to a BioID HRT doctor and exact same thing. Told her she was hypothyroid and all that. Told her to supplement iodine as well. Interesting. She's on a GF, soy free and semi-dairy free diet. Ish. I say "ish" because she changes her WOE every week or so when she doesn't see the immediate results.

I've been toying with the idea of going GF. I'm already 98% dairy free. Mainly because of inflammatory responses that can be contributed to gluten. How far into it are you, how is it going and what resources did you find online?
Old 05-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #43

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi peeps. Still alive and kicking. Lots going on at home/work. Turned down that other job. DS15 is thinking of quitting football. Older ds done with school till August. NSV: size 12 denim skirt. Check. From a tight size 24 to a 12 and still losing. Woohoo.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:50 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi peeps. Still alive and kicking. Lots going on at home/work. Turned down that other job. DS15 is thinking of quitting football. Older ds done with school till August. NSV: size 12 denim skirt. Check. From a tight size 24 to a 12 and still losing. Woohoo.
Woohoo indeed!
Old 05-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Heather ~ I am really like a virgin on my first few days on it. You'd be so surprised at the things that have Gluten in them My Word! like salad dressings ,BBQ sauces. The diet is so contrary to how my thinking has been . for instance you can have ,honey, molasses, white rice but, not brown rice. I trying to avoid buying the books . I am afraid to mention any sites cause of the moderators so I will pm you.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

I'm going to my son's very last band concert tonight. How the years flow by. I clearly remember his first concert way back in 5th grade, and now he graduates in 3 weeks.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Heather~ so far it hasn't been that bad with my new eating WOE just everything has soy or a derivative of soy or wheat I have been sticking with protein and fruit and vegetables. We shall see what the out come Monday morning when I weigh. Now as to how I feel ,I am still tired back still aches but, dang it I got out there and walked almost 3 mi. I certainly didn't plan on walking THAT far in shoes that you could consider as being flip flops. My dogs will be barking tomorrow.

Waves to all !! I am going to bed ~ whew!!!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:39 AM   #48

It seems for the most part that I do tend to eat more toward that way. Whole foods, lean proteins, lots of raw fruits and veggies (lots in a post op sense of the word!), but I have my vices. I think you will see big changes if you stick to that! I need to get a little better with my evenings as I tend to graze without rhyme or reason. Just habit.

I went to my chiro Monday and we did some new things. Isometric style exercises. Then later I went for a 3+ mile run (it was stinkin' HOT!) and when I hit about mile 3 and slowed to walk and cool down and stretch I had some pretty serious lower back pain. Like I couldn't bend any degree forward or backward without pain type of lower back pain. Side to side rotation was fine, bending was not. I spent a good 45 minutes to an hour on the floor stretching and rolling it out. Ice and heat Tuesday and Wednesday as well as the same good 45-60 minutes foam rolling and stretching it out. It's infinitely better but not gone. I'd blame the run because that's when it showed up, and it was SUPER windy and my form was off, but it's all right sided and that's the side we focus on in chiro with the new stuff. It was probably a combination.

So, I've been resting my body for the past few days. May get out for a short run or a long walk to see how it does this evening. I have a 10k this weekend that I want to at least be able to complete, but hopefully also do fairly well on.

I can't wait to get over these injury humps so that I can get back to a regular running practice and make all right with the world again.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Patience is a virtue, Heather, especially with this, but then you know that!

I went to the gym after work today. I hadn't worked out since the stomach bug over the weekend and I was actually missing it. I did 2.6 miles combined on elliptical and treadmill. I ran maybe half a mile of it, the rest was just getting back into the swing of things. My eating is a little more carby than I should be having lately, but I don't have an excessive amount of anything... After tomorrow I can tighten back up on that and I am all about Monday's weigh-in to see where I am and what I need to do for the week.

This weekend I am going to try to do a little serious-ish swimming, as in laps. I used to love being in the water, but now I usually just get chilled! Maybe exercising and not just floating around will help with that. I'm also gearing up to super clean & declutter my house and I am actually looking forward to it. I have lived in this house for 11 or 12 years and there are things I really, REALLY need to toss before Hoarders shows up for filming. I am hoping I can clean through everything in about ten days. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 05-22-2014 at 05:41 PM..
Old 05-23-2014, 05:10 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Heather~ Gosh girl I hope that is not a lingering pain and it was just due to your new exercises you did. My legs nor feet aren't hurting today but, my back isn't too happy either! I have been eating real, real ,clean and not snacking at nite ,the scale is still saying 152 . I have hypothyroid and it's going to be real slow even with lots of exercise. Did I say I have No Patience ????

HT~ You sound like you got your self back in the in the thick of life LOL Wishing I had a pool to go swimming in . Since I got nothing exciting happening this weekend ,I will follow your lead and do some DE cluttering of my own.
Old 05-23-2014, 05:16 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Chewie~ Hey drop in more often , You are doing GREAT!!

Jesse~ Yes you are in a good place, as for me
I guess I like to be fawned over yes, I am vain,lol
Old 05-23-2014, 07:30 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Patience is a virtue, Heather, especially with this, but then you know that!
I don't suppose anyone has figured out yet that I am not blessed with patience when it comes to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Heather~ Gosh girl I hope that is not a lingering pain and it was just due to your new exercises you did.
Foam rolling and stretching for 45-60 minutes a night is helping. As is heat. Today is TONS better than the beginning of the week. I ran 3 last night with no detrimental effects so I should be good to go tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:34 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Yes, Heather, I know!!! I'm bad about that, also, as anyone who has been on this board for a while also knows!

Confession: I had a HORRENDOUSLY bad eating day today (Friday). Thank God I am about to go to sleep and stop the madness!! Tomorrow is a brand new day and I am BACK ON TRACK!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:39 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

ROLL CALL!!!!

Memorial Day Weekend Plans Anyone?

I will be spending the weekend around the house. I will BBQ, probably tomorrow. It is going to be super hot here all weekend (92 - 94), and I plan to swim some, too, in addition to walking/jogging either outside if I get up early enough or on the treadmill if not (I HATE walking when its bright sun/hot and only want to do that in the early morning, really...). I am also planning to start my super house cleanup! Now, I sound like a clean freak, but I'm really only a freak! lol I just am looking forward to accomplishing this and getting rid of years of stupid clutter around my house/in closets/on high shelves/in my garage that I don't even know why I ever had it in the first place! Clutter stresses me out to a degree, so getting rid of a lot of it should help relax me, I hope.

What's on YOUR agenda!?!?!?
Old 05-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

So far this weekend I've driven downtown at 6 am to pick up dd who took the megabus from Chicago for the weekend, then cleanedand cooked because we were having guests over for dinner. Stayed up until 1am and drank too much wine. Today got up at 6:45 am we which is how I knew for sure I drank too much wine and drove my son to a placement test center, just picked him up. Later I'll drive daughter back downtown to catch megabus back to Chicago. Dear h husband will come home from work, we will watch Mad Men, and Both of us get to sleep in tomorrow morning.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #56

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Just saying hi. Seems like this rough patch doesn't let up
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #57

I've lost track of days! I was about to tell y'all about my 10k from yesterday when I realized it was from the day before yesterday.

6.2 miles done in 1:15:56. Not fast, but I wasn't last (close though lol!). I'm liking this time actually for more than just time. It's 6 minutes faster than my previous 10k in February. It's 9 minutes faster than the 10k before that in January. AND it's only 4 minutes and 6 seconds SLOWER than my pre-injury 10k PR. So it's all good. It just shows improvement.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:46 AM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

Yeah for Heathers progress Here is my progress report ~ just got back from my favorite breakfast place. I ate crabcakes benedict. More importantly what I did not eat that I might have in the past: the English muffin part, the hashbrowns(gave them to dh and ds) my son's uneaten chunk of French toast, a cinnamon roll (in the past I would've ordered one to eat while I waited for the main course). I ate one crabcake and one egg and the other identical portion will be tomorrow's lunch. And I feel great. It is so marvelous to eat something truly delicious and savor it without guilt and without that miserable overstuffed feeling. This is a benefit I didn't anticipate from the sleeve.
Old 05-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
AND it's only 4 minutes and 6 seconds SLOWER than my pre-injury 10k PR. So it's all good. It just shows improvement.
Which, I might add, was the VERY FIRST 10k I ever did - having never gone farther than 3.5 miles prior to that. So LOTS of room for improvement. I want to get it under an hour.

Quote:
Yeah for Heathers progress Here is my progress report ~ just got back from my favorite breakfast place. I ate crabcakes benedict. More importantly what I did not eat that I might have in the past: the English muffin part, the hashbrowns(gave them to dh and ds) my son's uneaten chunk of French toast, a cinnamon roll (in the past I would've ordered one to eat while I waited for the main course). I ate one crabcake and one egg and the other identical portion will be tomorrow's lunch. And I feel great. It is so marvelous to eat something truly delicious and savor it without guilt and without that miserable overstuffed feeling. This is a benefit I didn't anticipate from the sleeve.
I don't miss that overstuffed feeling! When we eat out my hubby will routinely eat to full, and then munch and pick on the rest because it's there rather than stopping and putting it all in the to go box. He's even been known to open the box to eat more while waiting for the check. And he always has that miserable over full feeling to deal with afterwards!
Old 05-26-2014, 03:35 PM   #60

I logged 5 slow miles today. I purposefully went out to do 5 and rather than try to run faster than I needed to and ending up with walking breaks all over the place I decided to just run slow. As slow as I possibly could stand without feeling like I was walking. It was a great run!

I started out with a half mile warm up walk, then tried to run the first mile at a 13.5mm pace. I failed at that, but I still accomplished what I planned - negative splits and an easy non-winded conversational run. I finished it feeling as good as I started and actually had enough energy to go more if I had planned for that. It was stinkin' humid though. I was soaked! I carry water on runs that will take longer than 40-45 minutes in the summer, shorter if it's hotter or I intend to run harder. First full mile was 12:40, then 12:15, 12:15 and 11:51. This doesn't count the half mile warm up, the quarter mile "reset" in the middle when I felt I was starting to push faster than I wanted, and the quarter mile cool down. All told it was 5 miles exactly (I walked past my house about 20 yards to get the last .03 miles in lol) in 1:08:28. And it felt good.

No hip or knee pain. My lower back did feel it but not bad. I'll have the chiro address it at my appointment tomorrow afternoon. I'm still heating it and rolling it. The running isn't effecting it negatively, but meh. I dislike getting old.