Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 PM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Mary - gorgeous pics!!! You have such an hourglass figure and PLEASE can I borrow some of those boobies! (I have none anymore.)

I'm not sure I'm one to speak to the chia as far as hunger or fulness. I DO get full on yogurt (6 oz 0% Greek with 6 frozen cherries and I'm content) and I rarely feel hunger. I can say that it has seemed to reduce my grazing cravings today. The boredom eating and the carb cravings that I tend to get once I'm home. I had 1/2 tbsp in the yogurt. And this afternoon I had another 1/2 tbsp in water with lemon and ice. No taste but it has a texture like tapioca so if you have texture issues this is probably not for you. Also, I seem to be PEEING all day even though my fluid intake was not increased. Interesting.

I'm down a few (3) of the pounds that I was up.

Cowtown 10k that I ran on 2/22 had a sale on their digital downloads, 3 for the price of 1. This race I was hurting pretty bad by mile 2. Walking by 4. And saying FORGET THIS by 4 1/2 when I ran FASTER so I could hit the finish faster. Runners are not sane.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (43.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (40.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (32.7 KB, 18 views)

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 PM   #62

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Heather i actually wish i could share some boobage lol I'm hoping that if I lost a few lb they'll go down a bit.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Wow Mary! I love you in the green dress especially! I am happy to report that, as I have lost weight, my "trouble spots" have gone down some.

Heather - Nice pics also! Guess I need to follow suit and post something sometime soon. I have a friend who is an amateur photographer...probably need to enlist her services.

190.7 this morning! Hoping and working to lose a pound by Monday morning. Walked/jogged/ran 3.25 miles this morning. Eating carefully today and drinking lots of water!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Heather i actually wish i could share some boobage lol I'm hoping that if I lost a few lb they'll go down a bit.
If we could figure out how, I'm game. You can see my lack of boobage in my pics. I have a sports bra on, but it's not squishing me flatter. I'm just that way lol. If it weren't for padded bras... I don't know WHAT I'd do.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Wow Mary! I love you in the green dress especially! I am happy to report that, as I have lost weight, my "trouble spots" have gone down some.

Heather - Nice pics also! Guess I need to follow suit and post something sometime soon. I have a friend who is an amateur photographer...probably need to enlist her services.

190.7 this morning! Hoping and working to lose a pound by Monday morning. Walked/jogged/ran 3.25 miles this morning. Eating carefully today and drinking lots of water!
My fave one is the green dress with the darker background. Such a pretty silhouette, and your waist looks so tiny! My second is the black top and red skirt. I bet pair that with some red stockings and heels you would look so sleek and tall! These really are awesome pics!

I would love to have a photog at all my races lol. These I bought because they had a 3 for 1 sale on digital downloads. The race was in February and I guess it was a final push to get money out of us. Anyway, digital downloads were originally $19.99 each, and I got 3 for that. Actually 4, they downloaded wonky and when I contacted customer service about it they gave me all my pics (including the one I didn't order because it was blurry and unattractive lol) in an email. I usually have to scour the free race pics for images of me. Usually I don't buy them but I liked these. And this race was hard fought. I was hurting at the finish so bad that I couldn't walk to my car. AND I had to go up some stairs to get out of the post race expo building to get back to my parking lot. I was glad that I accidentally parked in the $6 parking lot just steps from the building though... I *would* have parked away for free if traffic hadn't funneled me in there.

The weight will come down, you are doing excellent. I bet that you just hit a stall/plateau where your body says "hold on I need to catch my breath" and you hover/bounce a bit. You're doing a great job eating and working out and you'll push through it in no time!
Old 04-18-2014, 09:03 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

As I have previously lamented, after my boob lift/reduction/reconstruction I was really upset about how small I was. Going from a 52DD(maybe DDD/E?) to a 38 barely B was the most shocking part of my transformation. It easily took me a year to come to terms with how small I was. I have grown to like it, though, especially when exercising. Also, over time, the girls have kinda grown/changed, and my only issue now is the weird "side boob" I have grown!

I read something just yesterday which really made me think...something along the lines of the fact that you only have one body, and, short of surgery after surgery, you do need to come to terms with that body and learn to/try to love it. I need to get my head around that. Between my weird trouble spots and my wrinkles and my HOT FLASHES (ahhhhhh!!) I just have to learn to love myself now.

I like the red and black, too - love that tiny waist!!!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 04-18-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Old 04-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #67

Chia report:

Yesterday I sprinkled the seeds on my yogurt before I ate it.

Today I sprinkled the same amount of seeds (1/2 tbsp) in my yogurt the night before when I made it so they would "do their thing". It was VERY MUCH like tapioca, which I have a slight mental aversion to since my dad told me it was "frog's eggs" a very long time ago. Not enough to keep me from eating it because it's chia not tapioca lol. I was stuffed. I'm still stuffed 2 hours later. More satisfied than usual. I think that I could cut the chia down to even 1 tsp in the yogurt.

Y'all should know that the chia has fat and calories in it, but it's a good trade off. 1 tbsp has 60 calories, 4g fat (omegas), 5 carbs (5 fiber), and 2g protein. Oh, and 8% calcium, 10% magnesium, and 6% iron. Keep in mind, that's for 1 tablespoon of it. I'm "eating" one tablespoon a day right now, but if you did more the extra calories could really add up.

It's supposed to help regulate blood glucose too as the fiber (the gel that expands around the seed as you soak it) keeps the carbs you consume from breaking down too quickly and allows your body to use it for longer periods of time. So they say. That's why it's got such a good reputation in racing circles. Some fuel gel has chia in it to help it last longer. I found a recipe for "make your own gel fuel" using fruit, fruit juice and chia and I might try it one day soon.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow - That sounds good! I am going to get some and try it. I'd love to feel fuller longer.

Speaking of health food stores...any other suggestions, anyone, on things I should try? Especially interested in things that might help with symptoms of menopause and/or hair loss associated with estrogen loss (I think - its female pattern baldness, I think my doc said). Remember, though, I can't do anything with estrogen due to my clotting issues.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #69

Oh, does anyone have any experience with sciatica? Can you describe to me what it feels like?

I get, maybe 2-3 times a year, a radiating weirdness down my groin, buttocks, the backs of my thighs and calves and into my heels. I say "weirdness" in that it's not a pain, but it's painful. Like topical nerve overstimulation maybe? I touch the skin and it "burns". I sit on the toilet and where I sit, it "burns". My heels "burn" where they touch the ground. Like a crawling burning skin sensation. I wake up with it, it's HORRIBLE for about 24 hours, less horrible the next day, nearly non-existent the third day and then gone.

I've wondered if it were sciatica but I never think about it until it happens.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:56 AM   #70

Chia update:

I think they make you poo. That appears to be the case yesterday and today. Y'all all know my issues with that... two days in a row is just short of miraculous.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh now see, I REALLY want some chia now!!! LOL
Old 04-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #72

You can tell I had ZERO activity going on at work today. Everyone else was off and I had nothing to do lol. No emails, no work, no rounding, nothing! I took off at noon and went shopping instead. Bought some more (unnecessary) workout clothes. Oh, and some "real" clothes. 2 dress tops and a pair of black lace shorts. Two workout tanks, two workout shirts, and something else I have already forgotten... (sheesh!).

Anyway... I ran out of mint cookie (gasp!) several days ago and my usual source doesn't carry it at a good price anymore so I used someone else. It got here yesterday so I just drank some. Now I'm nauseous. Not a very pleasant feeling. I heart my mint cookie but I may just need to take a break from it.

I'm stacking up the races again... I will never learn. I found one more that I for sure want to register for. And several that I want to if I can work up to it...
Old 04-18-2014, 03:27 PM   #73

Quote:
Oh now see, I REALLY want some chia now!!! LOL
For realz. I'm enjoying it.

Not as much bloating either so the two are probably related.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:45 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Lovely Easter ~ feeling blessed.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:38 PM   #75

Nice 3.25 mile run yesterday with Lucy. Today a trip to my mom's and I got to see/hold/play with my beautiful 3 month old niece. Then on the way home my phone crapped itself and the screen is black. All the noises work but the screen is dead. No drops, no water damage, no nada. About 6 months old.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #76

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Mary--you look great, love the pics.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/130/120
Happy belated Easter, everyone! Just popping in to say hi! Work has been very crazy and I'm running all over, trying to get my butt back to college soon.

Mary, you look beautiful! I love those pictures and agree/LOVE the green dress.

Heather, your pics are always inspiring. They remind me I need to get off my butt and on here regularly so I can be motivated and reminded what I need to do more of! I'm so glad to see everything is going well with running again!

HT, congrats on moving the scale and shrinking the trouble spots!

And, joyful, I hope you're all recovered from the kidney stones and that's behind you!!

I finally had my three-month post-op checkup. I only had to reschedule and have them re-mail me the lab slip they gave me at my last appointment to get blood work done at this next one twice! I swear, my brain, these days! But, aside from the fact that I'm still a space cadet, everything is perfect I'm exactly 4 months and 3 weeks post-op today, and I'm feeling terrific! My biggest complaint, so far, is hormonal acne, which I HATE. I'm thinking I need to really concentrate on breaking a sweat more. I exercise, but it's much easier now! I need to actually challenge myself. I dragged the kid skating a few times in the last month, but I'm not even sore the next day from that anymore! My life needs more weights and even more moving in it.

Kind of recent pic, probably from about three weeks ago. I can wear a cute spring trench coat and it doesn't look like a tent. Woot! You can bet I bought that sucker! http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...8C57CF57A4.jpg

I am pretty sure that shopping is my transfer addiction

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

Last edited by Matrigna; 04-21-2014 at 11:59 AM..
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:13 PM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Matrigna, isn't clothes shopping the best? I don't feel guilty about shopping because I need to create an entire wardrobe, and that requires a lot of different things ~ work out clothes, casual clothes, office clothes, going out clothes, outdoor clothes, seasonal clothes .... and shoes too when I was obese, I experienced a clothes famine, now the stores are clothes buffets
Old 04-21-2014, 06:21 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Of the many things WLS surgery has done for me, one of the benefits is that it has empowered me. A friend. brought over white chocolate m and ms, and left the bag. Today they went into the garbage disposal. I hestitated for a moment, thinking maybe I could bring them to school and share them with my students, but I knew I would just keep eating them on the way. Everyone in my family who wanted to enjoyed them on Sunday including me, but now it was okay to throw out the leftovers. It was okay. I still have to wrap my head around that sometimes, it is okay to throw out junk food. There is no rule that says once a bag of candy is opened it must be eaten. Goody bye temptation. They did make a somewhat satisfying sound as they spun through the garbage disposal. There was one last piece of cake sitting in the fridge. For good measure, I fed it to the dog. I my sleeve, but I think Bella s my sleeve even more.

Last edited by Jesse; 04-21-2014 at 06:23 PM..
Old 04-21-2014, 06:38 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Matrigna, isn't clothes shopping the best? I don't feel guilty about shopping because I need to create an entire wardrobe, and that requires a lot of different things ~ work out clothes, casual clothes, office clothes, going out clothes, outdoor clothes, seasonal clothes .... and shoes too when I was obese, I experienced a clothes famine, now the stores are clothes buffets
I have no shame in my closet hoard. I have, and this is probably a LOW estimate, 30-4- pairs of jeans alone. Not slacks, not workout clothes, yeah. Just denim.

Quote:
Of the many things WLS surgery has done for me, one of the benefits is that it has empowered me. A friend. brought over white chocolate m and ms, and left the bag. Today they went into the garbage disposal. I hestitated for a moment, thinking maybe I could bring them to school and share them with my students, but I knew I would just keep eating them on the way. Everyone in my family who wanted to enjoyed them on Sunday including me, but now it was okay to throw out the leftovers. It was okay. I still have to wrap my head around that sometimes, it is okay to throw out junk food. There is no rule that says once a bag of candy is opened it must be eaten. Goody bye temptation. They did make a somewhat satisfying sound as they spun through the garbage disposal. There was one last piece of cake sitting in the fridge. For good measure, I fed it to the dog. I my sleeve, but I think Bella s my sleeve even more.
Perfectly okay to throw it away. I've learned to just toss it. But don't toss it where you can still get it... destroy toss it!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #81

Still hitting the chia every day. I've grown used to having it in my drink once (sometimes twice if I don't do yogurt) a day. Still experiencing the *good* side effect every day too!!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #82

I keep hitting post and then realizing I have more to say!

Watched the Boston Marathon today. I can't imagine sustaining a less than 5 minute mile pace for HALF A MILE let alone 26.2 of them!!! Male winner was American (first one since 1983!!!) and finished in 2:08 and change. Seriously. A 5k in 15 minutes?? His average pace all 26.2 miles was 04:55 minutes per mile. *THUD*

The female winner was Kenyan and she set a new course record. Her pace was 05:18 and gun time was 2:18:57. The hometown favorite, Shalane, came in 7th after pushing everyone to a ridiculously FAST pace the first half (13+ miles).

MY HALF MARATHON TOOK ME LONGER THAN THAT!!! I'm seriously in awe.

Okay, so I pushed out 3 1/2 miles today after I got home. In the rain. With rests and walk breaks between miles.

1/4 mile warm up
1st mile - 10:49 pace.
Breather break lol
2nd mile - 9:54 pace HELLO!
1/4 mile walk break
1/2 mile run - 4:38 (9:16 pace!!)
1/2 mile walk cool down

It was a push through workout. I loved it and it FELT GREAT. Did I mention it was raining? And not too long after I got home it started POURING and HAILING!
Old 04-21-2014, 10:44 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Everyone! I, too, have become quite the shopper...but as Jesse said, for years I didn't buy anything - other than the occasional 4X dress when I absolutely needed it for something. I hated everything about shopping! Now...well, as you know, it is SOOOO different! I'm not tiny, but compared to a size 32-34, a 14 (and sometimes a 12, sometimes a 16) is so EASY! I love jeans, too - mostly because I could never wear them... I have about 8 pair. I also went nuts on jean jackets...I have a brick red one, white one, dark blue (a Tommy Hilfiger one that I LOVE), and I just got a light blue one on sale last weekend from Kohl's. I think that's something I love, too - finding things I like, that fit, AND they are on sale! Unheard of when I was larger... My other indulgence? Boots! I have 3 short pair and 2 knee boots - those are wide calf...but before they would not have worked for sure...and I wouldn't ever have had the confidence to wear them. Yep...I love me some shopping!

Easter I tripped up a bit - I had some stuffing and macaroni salad, AND a piece of pie... However, I didn't have any pie today and I am back on track. In my defense, I did walk/jog on the treadmill 2.6 miles yesterday while my meal was cooking, and I went for about the same distance tonight around the neighborhood. I'm not sure, Heather, maybe it is the moon or something, cause I also had a really good time of it tonight. I ran far more than I walked, and, although I wasn't timing it, I know I was faster than usual... Still, no marathons for me! A 5-minute mile is mind-boggling! I think I ran one in like 11:30 once... ONCE! LOL

I have to get some chia! Currently, however, my diet consists largely of hard-boiled Easter eggs! Maybe later this week...

Time for bed! Night ladies!

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 04-21-2014 at 10:45 PM..
Old 04-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/130/120
I went to the gym last night and realized all of my workout pants and sports bras are pathetically baggy! My underpants and pants kept falling down, last night, and it was so annoying! I think workout wear shopping is needed in my near future! There's no way I'm wearing shorts in public yet, and I only have denim ones in the storage bags anyway. (The denim ones fit, by the way! The same ones I was wearing the year I met my husband, 17 years ago fits again! I can't believe most of them are actually back in style again, this year, and they will fit ) Right there is my motivation for keeping up with fitness-- I am all saggy and bumpy and that just will not do.

Running in the rain-- now that's serious dedication! And sounds fun, actually! I need to start using my Couch25K app for real, this time, and stick with it!

I went to the gym last night. I did all of the basic stuff and then legs. It's getting much easier to do things like lunges with weights or use the assisted dip/chin-up machine! And I don't feel like I'm dying on the elliptical during warm-up and cool-down anymore!

For some reason, I can't fathom eggs, right now. It sucks because we have chickens laying like crazy and eggs out the ears! I need to figure out a way to sneak them in my food that won't turn me off.

I love chia. I use it in my ground meats, to make things moister. Before WLS, I was suspending it in my kombucha, when I was making that, but I haven't tried it since WLS because there's some natural fizz to it. I also used to mix it with some coconut milk and sugar substitute, and it makes a yummy dessert-like thing in the fridge.

Congrats on getting right back on track, HT!

Jesse, I popped two Jelly Belly jellybeans in my mouth on Easter and my stomach talked back to me for a good while, afterward! That's awesome you completely resisted the M&Ms. And, yes, clothes shopping IS the best now! I only wish I had more money. I want ALL the pretty things!

Last edited by Matrigna; 04-22-2014 at 07:34 AM..
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:36 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
Running in the rain-- now that's serious dedication! And sounds fun, actually! I need to start using my Couch25K app for real, this time, and stick with it!

For some reason, I can't fathom eggs, right now. It sucks because we have chickens laying like crazy and eggs out the ears! I need to figure out a way to sneak them in my food that won't turn me off.
I love rain running, as long as it's warm rain and not a torrential downpour. And cold ANY KIND is out completely. Period. It was a nice run.

I couldn't do eggs until forever. Egg sub I could (liquid eggs or egg beaters), but not REAL eggs. My RNY wouldn't have it.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Rainy and cold here, and I'm feeling restless. Happy that I am not using food to entertain myself. My dh made tacos for dinner, as I was making up my small plate of taco salad he asked puzzled, Don't you want a nice warm tortilla? Ummm where have you been the last 22 months my dear? Tortilla indeed! I guess he forgets about the sleeve once in awhile.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Happy Friday I'm going to see Beauty and the Beast at a local high school tonight with some teaching friends (we know some of the students, it's always so fun to go cheer them on). Tomorrow I hope to restore order to my house before it gets too out of control and re organize my closets. Might do a little shopping too ~ high today 63, but rainy and 40s for the rest of the week (20 - 30 degrees below normal temps ) I am so tired of my sweaters, I might try and find some deeply discounted ones for the coming week. One thing's for sure in Minnesota, even when it finally does warm up, it won't be that long until I'm wearing them again!

Last edited by Jesse; 04-25-2014 at 03:44 PM..
Old 04-26-2014, 08:37 AM   #88
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Guys - I wasn't around a few days due to computer issues... Still generally plugging away with things, but I find myself giving in to snacking at night. I mean, I will be genuinely hungry, but then half a bowl of Kashi leads to some sf pudding - oh, and won't that be good with MORE Kashi on it, etc... I just need to be stronger. I am also - if this sounds right - feeling "afraid" of food lately. I have a hard time sitting down to a meal, but will instead just have part of what everyone else is eating. It isn't my best work, I know that. That and I drink coffee sometimes instead of eating - trying to put off actually eating food until I just am truly, truly hungry. I wish it didn't have to be so difficult.

Walk/jog/running is going okay, but I do sometimes wait until about 8:30PM to go do it (with temps in the upper 80's here I am just not going when it is hotter...) and then I feel like I can't really exercise as long as I'd like because I have family things to take care of and it is just late, too! Well, I usually run around 2.5 miles, so I have to be happy about that. Weekends are longer - I did 3.25 last weekend, and intend to run that again this afternoon/evening.

How is everyone?
Old 04-26-2014, 09:45 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

They were sampling an interesting new dairy product at my supermarket this morning ~ fairlife milk. They take regular milk, remove the lactose, and end up with a product that has more protein than regular milk, for the same (actually a liitle less) calories. It was pretty yummy and creamy (but no fat) so I bought some to try in my lattes. It's of course waaaay more expensive than regular milk, but they had a 2 for 1 coupon.

Stats: one cup, 80 calories, fat 0, carbs 6, protein 13, calcium 40% of RDA.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:08 AM   #90

Quote:
Hi Guys - I wasn't around a few days due to computer issues... Still generally plugging away with things, but I find myself giving in to snacking at night. I mean, I will be genuinely hungry, but then half a bowl of Kashi leads to some sf pudding - oh, and won't that be good with MORE Kashi on it, etc... I just need to be stronger. I am also - if this sounds right - feeling "afraid" of food lately. I have a hard time sitting down to a meal, but will instead just have part of what everyone else is eating. It isn't my best work, I know that. That and I drink coffee sometimes instead of eating - trying to put off actually eating food until I just am truly, truly hungry. I wish it didn't have to be so difficult.

Walk/jog/running is going okay, but I do sometimes wait until about 8:30PM to go do it (with temps in the upper 80's here I am just not going when it is hotter...) and then I feel like I can't really exercise as long as I'd like because I have family things to take care of and it is just late, too! Well, I usually run around 2.5 miles, so I have to be happy about that. Weekends are longer - I did 3.25 last weekend, and intend to run that again this afternoon/evening.

How is everyone?
I tend to have night snacking too, and it happens *just* like you say. One thing leads to another and before you know it I've racked up a SIGNIFICANT amount of unnecessary calories.

Yesterday I had another falling out with those %^*#(%^((#*&%& NSA oatmeal raisin cookies. It's been a year at least since I bought some so I THOUGH erroneously that I could control myself. Fail. 3 hours, 4 cookies and a stomachache later they were ALL down the disposal. Quick quick too because I kept trying to take bites of them as I was tossing them. I spit some out. Epic fail. I know better. Never again shall I think I am in control and buy them again.

Have you tried early morning running? I LOVE summer running and I LOVE the heat but when I run with the pup it has to be below a certain temp and that's often not until 9-10 at night in the summer. So we do early morning running and tbh that's the best time of day to run! You feel so GREAT for the whole rest of the day, and you are DONE. I dropped my son off at 7am this morning at a volunteer thing he's doing, and came back home and ran two miles with Lucy. I'm about to start hitting the runs before work so that will be about 5:30 if in my neighborhood or 5 am if I join one of the running club groups...

Quote:
They were sampling an interesting new dairy product at my supermarket this morning ~ fairlife milk. They take regular milk, remove the lactose, and end up with a product that has more protein than regular milk, for the same (actually a liitle less) calories. It was pretty yummy and creamy (but no fat) so I bought some to try in my lattes. It's of course waaaay more expensive than regular milk, but they had a 2 for 1 coupon.

Stats: one cup, 80 calories, fat 0, carbs 6, protein 13, calcium 40% of RDA.
That sounds interesting. I tend to stay away from milk because of the lactose (although I do drink a cup of it when I feel myself getting too hypoglycemic and need to raise my blood sugar). I'll have to look into it. And it sounds like a good sub for cream or skim in coffee. I don't drink coffee very often but I do when I'm in long (cold) meetings at work. Some of them are day long conferences/meetings!