Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 10:05 PM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Heather !! You gave me such a laugh with that face of yours ! It looked liked you would beat the crap out of any pound that dare came near your scale lol! Great on 6lbs. Oh Boy when Lucy is no longer a baby look out !! You might have to ride on the way back after she runs your legs off!!!!

Jesse~ Which Probiotics do you use? is it helping at all?

Girls~ I just had my Kidney stone blasted today, which was over 7cm Like wow! I knew it was 7cm last month but, it grew larger , which explains my water weight issues, Go back for a visit next week . Ok now let's move on to the next issue whaaaa!!! I get my third cortisone shot then that Sat I see the Back Surgeon. I wouldn't even consider it now but, the stuff that is in between several of the disks has burst and is going up the spinal column. Gosh what a bleeping mess I am getting to be , It's scary cause I don't want to end up paralyzed . I have already been told by a Dr. I needed back surgery yrs. ago I am just freaking about the what ifs' So I want to be able to enjoy a healthy life Hell that's what I retired for . to have fun in my old age it's surely not going how I planned it, Now YOU YOUNG GUNS GO GET IT DONE DON'T WAIST IT OR WASTE IT hahahah
Just Venting Girls Don't Mind me
I WILL GET OVER MY SELF!

230/ 123~ back 171 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115
Judd dd334 ud1668 start day 12/15/14

160 Nov
171 12/15
165 12/22
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Eventually

Last edited by joyful48; 04-09-2014 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Holy cow 7cm - that's an almost 3 inch kidney stone! And they didn't lithotripsy it when it was smaller? Did they litho or laser it this time?
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Heather !! You gave me such a laugh with that face of yours ! It looked liked you would beat the crap out of any pound that dare came near your scale lol! Great on 6lbs. Oh Boy when Lucy is no longer a baby look out !! You might have to ride on the way back after she runs your legs off!!!!

Jesse~ Which Probiotics do you use? is it helping at all?

Girls~ I just had my Kidney stone blasted today, which was over 7cm Like wow! I knew it was 7cm last month but, it grew larger , which explains my water weight issues, Go back for a visit next week . Ok now let's move on to the next issue whaaaa!!! I get my third cortisone shot then that Sat I see the Back Surgeon. I wouldn't even consider it now but, the stuff that is in between several of the disks has burst and is going up the spinal column. Gosh what a bleeping mess I am getting to be , It's scary cause I don't want to end up paralyzed . I have already been told by a Dr. I needed back surgery yrs. ago I am just freaking about the what ifs' So I want to be able to enjoy a healthy life Hell that's what I retired for . to have fun in my old age it's surely not going how I planned it, Now YOU YOUNG GUNS GO GET IT DONE DON'T WAIST IT OR WASTE IT hahahah
Just Venting Girls Don't Mind me
I WILL GET OVER MY SELF!
I wouldn't want to have back surgery either ~ but like you said, you don't want to end up paralyzed. My Mom ended up having to endure a back fusion for the same reason, it was either do it, or lose function in one of her legs. It essentially made the choice for her. Because of my Mom's situation, I am trying to do whatever I can now to enjoy my health, and keep it if I can. In her case, and I'm sure yours too, there was really nothing she could do to prevent it. She always ate reasonably well and was active. It's like her whole pelvis area began to crumble and she needed her spine fused and both hips replaced. Things aren't perfect for her now (she's 72) but they are better.

As for probiotics, all I do now is eat a yogurt everyday. I'm thinking about adding a probiotic capsule. Starving the bad bacteria of sugar is probably just as important. I need to keep reminding myself of that
Old 04-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #35

2.5 mile run today. I changed before I left work and took advantage of the nice (80 degree!) weather and the park with a walk/run/bike trail behind work. I had a bit before I had to pick up my son today after school.

I'm 23% of the way to my goal of 50 miles for the month. Just shy of 12 miles out of the 50. I'm over half of what I ran last month so that's an improvement already. And no pain today, yay!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #36

Another pound down. Almost back down to my 140's range. Racing weight here I come! I heart being able to run regularly again. It's a testament to the power of diet and regular exercise. I eat mainly the same things, but with the exercise I'm burning more AND I'm "wanting" the food less. Less cravings I guess.

Yesterday I did have achy legs and the whole side of my thigh felt "tight". This is where the IT band is. I foam rolled a good 2-3 minutes each side last night after my run and shower. When my bands are tight like this I curse and "scream" a lot when I foam roll them. If you walk or run and you DON'T foam roll... please do. It's TORTURE at first but if you keep it up regularly then you stay nice and loose.

I think I'm going to schedule a pedicure for my runner's feet (didn't get one for a LONG time because I was "training" for my half and wanted to build up callouses).

I'm also going to schedule a deep tissue massage very soon for some myofascial release!
Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Heather they used the lithotripsy method now I feel like I am delivering babies if ya know what I mean,OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

Now about callouses My dh can't stand them on my feet .He will take the pedi egg and grab my feet and start filing them. Well I don't mind them so much when I am walking or running , keeps the blisters at bay, I have to have to find ways to hide my feet. Not an issue at present . Hail to HEATHER WARRIOR QUEEN :notwrthy ? You can do a deep tissue massage ? Never again I hurt for 3 days after I couldn't hardly take it!! I must be a big wimp. I never had a deep massage where they use the elbow,

Jesse~ Thanks for sharing about your mom ,,you are right in the end what choice is left?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #38

Lol I'm a huge fan of anything that makes sore muscles hurt so good!!
Old 04-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #39

Things went well this morning. 5k in 37 minutes. Still slower than I want but I'm still having to take walk intervals. I'm trying to decrease those intervals without risking reinjury.

Then grocery shopping... whoo hoo.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

didn't run any 5Ks but I did preclean my house for Easter entertaining next week. It would be a real gift to my family if I didn't have a melt down preparing to host dinner because "NO ONE IS HELPING ME AND THERE IS SO MUCH TO DO!!! GET DOWN HERE AND START CLEANING" Now hopefully all that will need to be done is sweep, vaccum, wipe. And then of course cook, which I actually enjoy.

Didn't have the best week foodwise, but feel more in control the past 2 days. Today I am going to come in a bit UNDER my calorie goal, that hasn't happened for awhile
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:34 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Your 37 min slow is a lot better than my 39 min best! Congrats!

Sorry to hear about the painful stone procedure, Joyful. Hope its getting better.

Jesse - If only I had my house all clean! I have a long way to go on that one.

I am stressed, grumpy, and hanging on by a thread right now. Ate out for all 3 meals yesterday, but managed to keep carbs pretty low and my worst indulgence was a skinny mocha frapachino (um, spelling) from Starbucks and 2 Andes mints after dinner. Btw, Olive Garden now has "little plate" samplers, which are awesome for people who have had WLS. One I got was chicken spedini - grilled chicken with a little sauce on it. Another I saw was grilled (or fried) asparagus, and another I saw was 2 chicken meatballs with a little sauce. I did get 2 - my 2nd was shrimp with a little polenta, with a olive and caper red sauce on it - yum! Each of these was either $5 or $5.50, so most of us could get two and be totally full (I could have probably just done with one, but I shared bruchetta with my daughter, so I did walk away absolutely full and with leftovers for lunch today). That was a food highlight of my day. Trying on a few shirts in a MEDIUM at White House/Black Market was another! But I'm not fooled, I am not a medium - its amazing how roomy a $140.00 shirt is!! LOL

I guess I ran the other night and was dehydrated. I woke up with terrible leg cramps! My right leg is still sore - I guess that's common - hope it is, cause with my history of blood clots I'm constantly looking at it so make sure it isn't swollen, etc...

Despite my relatively good day yesterday, I am just having a bad time of things right now. Lots of kid stress, work stress and deadlines, doctor visits, and crap to deal with. Trying hard to not dive into a gallon of ice cream. So far, so good.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:58 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Your 37 min slow is a lot better than my 39 min best! Congrats!

Sorry to hear about the painful stone procedure, Joyful. Hope its getting better.

Jesse - If only I had my house all clean! I have a long way to go on that one.

I am stressed, grumpy, and hanging on by a thread right now. Ate out for all 3 meals yesterday, but managed to keep carbs pretty low and my worst indulgence was a skinny mocha frapachino (um, spelling) from Starbucks and 2 Andes mints after dinner. Btw, Olive Garden now has "little plate" samplers, which are awesome for people who have had WLS. One I got was chicken spedini - grilled chicken with a little sauce on it. Another I saw was grilled (or fried) asparagus, and another I saw was 2 chicken meatballs with a little sauce. I did get 2 - my 2nd was shrimp with a little polenta, with a olive and caper red sauce on it - yum! Each of these was either $5 or $5.50, so most of us could get two and be totally full (I could have probably just done with one, but I shared bruchetta with my daughter, so I did walk away absolutely full and with leftovers for lunch today). That was a food highlight of my day. Trying on a few shirts in a MEDIUM at White House/Black Market was another! But I'm not fooled, I am not a medium - its amazing how roomy a $140.00 shirt is!! LOL

I guess I ran the other night and was dehydrated. I woke up with terrible leg cramps! My right leg is still sore - I guess that's common - hope it is, cause with my history of blood clots I'm constantly looking at it so make sure it isn't swollen, etc...

Despite my relatively good day yesterday, I am just having a bad time of things right now. Lots of kid stress, work stress and deadlines, doctor visits, and crap to deal with. Trying hard to not dive into a gallon of ice cream. So far, so good.
I had to do some cleaning, you can't imagine what things were like Let's just say there were so many dishes in the sink Friday night, I couldn't fit my water pitcher under the faucet. I'm not a very good housekeeper, but I do like the sink to be empty of dirty dishes, and the dining room table clear, just the table runner and the centerpiece ~ I can even live with it being dusty (easy enough to wipe off before dinner ) but I HATE when there is mail, and sweatshirts etc. spread all over.

When is school done for you? We're out June 5th. In my life that last few weeks of school are always INSANE, and I just keep telling myself I can do anything for 3 weeks, then, I can do anything for 2 weeks, and finally I only have to do this for one more week, I can stand anything for just one week. Whew, then it's summer, and I think, I loved these kids, they were great kids, I don't want to pass them on to another teacher, I am going to miss them .....
Old 04-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

LOL What is this, "I am going to miss them..." of which you speak????

School is out around 5/23. It is literally a sprint btw now and then. Add my own children's events/situations/dramas and just forget it!
Old 04-13-2014, 06:01 PM   #44

Quote:
Trying on a few shirts in a MEDIUM at White House/Black Market was another! But I'm not fooled, I am not a medium - its amazing how roomy a $140.00 shirt is!! LOL
It must depend on the style! I've found the opposite is true. I wear a 4 or 6 in almost everything else, but that size at WH/BM is too small. I have to buy 8 or 10 there.
Old 04-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

And just when I think I have it so bad I look at you mothers' that have children and their dramas' all year long ACK!!! I wouldn't trade places not for any thing , not even for a tummy tuck !!!!.

GeeZ Louise The stuff that is Still coming out of my kidneys wow!! I think I lost a lb of trash from there lol .

Jesse~ My dh is so messy , uses a tool just leaves it right there etc. Papers to shred or file . I have a friend coming to stay after Easter for a week , can you say freaking out ???

HT~ that's good to know about the Olive Gardens sampler plates ,Oops I didn't realize they did skinny mocha frappichino So now that I know I will get them
Old 04-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
And just when I think I have it so bad I look at you mothers' that have children and their dramas' all year long ACK!!! I wouldn't trade places not for any thing , not even for a tummy tuck !!!!.

GeeZ Louise The stuff that is Still coming out of my kidneys wow!! I think I lost a lb of trash from there lol .

Jesse~ My dh is so messy , uses a tool just leaves it right there etc. Papers to shred or file . I have a friend coming to stay after Easter for a week , can you say freaking out ???

HT~ that's good to know about the Olive Gardens sampler plates ,Oops I didn't realize they did skinny mocha frappichino So now that I know I will get them
I wouldn't trade my kiddos for anything. Drama or not. ♥

Skinny mocha frapp - that just means nonfat milk and no who. The frap base doesn't come in sf. In fact the grande is 130 cals, 26g sugar and only 4g protein. In contrast the grande skinny latte (nsa fyi) is 120 cals, 16g sugar and 12g protein.

Just beware the word skinny. At Starbucks it just means nonfat milk is used.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:38 PM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

wow - good to know, heather. I did tell them no sugar - equal instead, and whole milk... I'm always hesitant to order special things just cause of this stuff!!

I wouldn't trade my kids either...but I would rent them out for a few hours once in a while.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #48

The frap base itself contains sugar. It can't be made sugar free. Your barrista should have told you that when you asked for a sugar free frap.

You can leave out the frap base but then you just have an iced coffee!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Darn them!!! No more of that! What do you order? I'm always so clueless at Starbucks...obviously!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:12 PM   #50

I get a skinny decaf latte. Usually the cinnsmon dolce. Occasionally the mocha. I always say "sugar free decaf, right?"as they give it to me if I wasn't inside to see it made. I've caught close calls like that before.

Iced if it's hot out. I get one almost every Saturday after my workout but before my shopping. 120 cals 12g protein.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:58 AM   #51

I was up 7 pounds from TOM and constipation over the weekend. This morning 2 of them are down. Gotta love fluid retention!
Old 04-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
I get a skinny decaf latte. Usually the cinnsmon dolce. Occasionally the mocha. I always say "sugar free decaf, right?"as they give it to me if I wasn't inside to see it made. I've caught close calls like that before.

Iced if it's hot out. I get one almost every Saturday after my workout but before my shopping. 120 cals 12g protein.
That's my favorite Starbucks splurge too. I get a skinny decaf vanilla or cinnamon dolce latte. Most days I make myself a sugar free vanilla chai latte at home, but once in awhile I get Starbucks.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #53

3 miles tonight. Legs felt like lead. Betcha a dollar I'm anemic again... That's what it was last time I felt like this.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:26 PM   #54

Chia... anyone have any experience with it? I just got some and am trying it out. I put it in my yogurt this morning and now just drank a glass of lemon water with some in it. I read a lot of good things about it as far as running and energy etc... It's not bad, but it's just the first day I've tried it out...
Old 04-17-2014, 04:00 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Chia... anyone have any experience with it? I just got some and am trying it out. I put it in my yogurt this morning and now just drank a glass of lemon water with some in it. I read a lot of good things about it as far as running and energy etc... It's not bad, but it's just the first day I've tried it out...
I''ve been thinking about trying it. I want to keep eating Greek yogurt for the probiotics and cause I like it but it doesn't really fill me up for very long anymore.Maybe the chia would help.I'll be curious to hear what you think.

My daughter is coming home for Easter tonight and I soooo want to bake her her favorite cake. I am resisting though because not one person in this house needs to deal with a cake sitting around. Instead I bought lots of delicious fruit. I know a cash strapped college student, or at least my daughter, will consider fresh raspberries a treat. I decided if a group of her friends come over or she goes to a party I'll bake the cake because it will be eaten in one night otherwise, no cake!
Old 04-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #56

You could bake it right before she goes home so she can take it with her!
Old 04-17-2014, 05:38 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

I'd like to hear how the chia went, too. I also need a bit more than a yogurt, so this could work well.

I'm also dying to bake stuff - a Bacardi rum cake at the top of that list, but no one needs it!!! Three Easter baskets in the house will be more than enough! I will say I bought less candy this year than I have for many years...trying to replace some of the sugar with other things (stuffed animals, little toys, etc...).

2.75 miles yesterday morning, and just under 2 miles this afternoon - ran out of time and now it is raining, so I may be satisfied that at least I did something. 3 mile run planned for the morning!!!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #58

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Finally here are some pictures from the vintage train shoot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pu1.jpg (33.1 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg PU4.jpg (26.0 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg PU5.jpg (20.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg PU7.jpg (23.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 600_350657672.jpg (94.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 600_350657852.jpg (69.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 600_350851572.jpg (32.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 600_350852292.jpg (36.8 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 600_350852742.jpg (37.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg PS140405-6338.jpg (25.2 KB, 23 views)
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #59

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
... couple more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS140405-63112.jpg (28.5 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg PS140405-63122.jpg (29.8 KB, 22 views)
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'd like to hear how the chia went, too. I also need a bit more than a yogurt, so this could work well.

I'm also dying to bake stuff - a Bacardi rum cake at the top of that list, but no one needs it!!! Three Easter baskets in the house will be more than enough! I will say I bought less candy this year than I have for many years...trying to replace some of the sugar with other things (stuffed animals, little toys, etc...).

2.75 miles yesterday morning, and just under 2 miles this afternoon - ran out of time and now it is raining, so I may be satisfied that at least I did something. 3 mile run planned for the morning!!!
Ahh the Bacardi Rum Cake ~ it makes an appearance here every Christmas Eve. Since there are generally 30 of us on Christmas Eve I can count on that cake being gone so no temptation. We too are trying to move away from candy and give gift cards etc (our kids have outgrown toys, sort of dd is getting Frozen in her basket) Maybe we can undo a little bit of that must celebrate with food attitude for our kids.

Heather I'd love to send goodies home with my daughter to share with her college friends, but she's flying Spirit Airlines ~ she can barely bring a bag big enough to hold her undies