Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
WLS Wagon ~ March 2014 ~

March 1st, start of meteorological spring Low today predicted to be - 13 F. In like a lion for sure! Hear us roar!

DD is home from college for "spring" break and needs new jeans so there will be shopping today, followed by the 4 of us going out to dinner and then to see the movie Her. I love when we can all be reunited, if only for a few days. I am overwhelming blessed by my happy family, husband, daughter, son and even our pets Home is my refuge from a sometimes trying world. I read a quote that describes me well ~ my pockets are empty but my heart is full.

Happy Weekend everyone! Hope it's a good one

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2014, 11:20 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
71 already today and it's just noon.

2 miles run this morning before I stopped bc it was starting to get that pulling feeling. Then an hour of power yoga. Now I'm standing in line waiting for my veggie pickup for this week. Excited to see what I get...

Feel good today. The weather makes me want to get out and run some more but I know I need not to push it...
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Wow, Jesse, I am happy for you that you have such a safe haven - physically and emotionally.

I do not have that, and this week, especially, has been a difficult one for me. I am trying my best to deal with the hand I have been dealt, but more and more I think I need some ace up my sleeve that I'm just not sure where to find... Okay, speaking in riddles doesn't help now, does it. Currently knee-deep in work stress, teenage daughter stress, and general having kids (and a spouse that appears to also think like a child) stress. I have NOT been a happy camper. In the last 2 weeks three of my close friends have lost a family member (a mom, a dad, and a grandmother). I kinda take those losses to heart myself, too, if you know what I mean. I have had deadlines at work (that I have met - and even done well with...), but the stress and pressure is almost overwhelming. That, coupled with having to deal with just about every issue and bill and house/family deadline/appointment/etc... on my own has me really close to snapping. Let me mention again, I am NOT a happy camper.

That said, here are some good highlights from my week:
1. I am still on-track eating right.
2. While I waited for my son at his speech pathologist, rather than sit there, I ran around the parking lot for 30 minutes.
3. I walked away from sooooo many food temptations this week.
4. I was shopping last night and found a shirt I liked. Honestly, I was unsure how it would fit, but thought I should try it on. The saleslady saw me with it and asked if I needed help. When I told her I thought I'd try it on she looked at me like I had two heads and said, "Honey, that will be HUGE on you! You need to go find it in your size over there..." I had a 1X in my hand. When I really looked at it, yes, it would have been pretty big. See? Almost 3 years later and I am still a 20 in my head.
5. Did I mention I didn't eat sooooo many things I would have jumped at two months ago? Lots of temptation at work: Girl Scout cookies (my nemesis), cake, bagels, Danish, donuts, leftover Valentine's candy....ALL OF IT THE WORK OF SATAN!!!!

Heather, so glad to hear you're running and liking it AND that you stopped before you went too far with it. Things will improve little by little!

I got up and walked/jogged 4 miles today. I need to cause, despite my careful eating, I weighed today and I am not down to 195 yet. Hopefully by Monday morning.

Have a good day, people, and Happy March!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Wow, Jesse, I am happy for you that you have such a safe haven - physically and emotionally.

I do not have that, and this week, especially, has been a difficult one for me. I am trying my best to deal with the hand I have been dealt, but more and more I think I need some ace up my sleeve that I'm just not sure where to find... Okay, speaking in riddles doesn't help now, does it. Currently knee-deep in work stress, teenage daughter stress, and general having kids (and a spouse that appears to also think like a child) stress. I have NOT been a happy camper. In the last 2 weeks three of my close friends have lost a family member (a mom, a dad, and a grandmother). I kinda take those losses to heart myself, too, if you know what I mean. I have had deadlines at work (that I have met - and even done well with...), but the stress and pressure is almost overwhelming. That, coupled with having to deal with just about every issue and bill and house/family deadline/appointment/etc... on my own has me really close to snapping. Let me mention again, I am NOT a happy camper.

That said, here are some good highlights from my week:
1. I am still on-track eating right.
2. While I waited for my son at his speech pathologist, rather than sit there, I ran around the parking lot for 30 minutes.
3. I walked away from sooooo many food temptations this week.
4. I was shopping last night and found a shirt I liked. Honestly, I was unsure how it would fit, but thought I should try it on. The saleslady saw me with it and asked if I needed help. When I told her I thought I'd try it on she looked at me like I had two heads and said, "Honey, that will be HUGE on you! You need to go find it in your size over there..." I had a 1X in my hand. When I really looked at it, yes, it would have been pretty big. See? Almost 3 years later and I am still a 20 in my head.
5. Did I mention I didn't eat sooooo many things I would have jumped at two months ago? Lots of temptation at work: Girl Scout cookies (my nemesis), cake, bagels, Danish, donuts, leftover Valentine's candy....ALL OF IT THE WORK OF SATAN!!!!

Heather, so glad to hear you're running and liking it AND that you stopped before you went too far with it. Things will improve little by little!

I got up and walked/jogged 4 miles today. I need to cause, despite my careful eating, I weighed today and I am not down to 195 yet. Hopefully by Monday morning.

Have a good day, people, and Happy March!
Yeah, I am lucky in my home life. How I live now is not how I grew up, and that was a choice I made. When my dh and I did our required premarital counseling from our church, the testing said that we held each other in high regard. During the stress of job losses and raising young children and the early and unexpected loss of his parents, I think that high regard we still both feel helped us weather a lot of things. He fell in love with a college co-ed who weighed a 140 pounds, and ended up with a wife pushing 300 pounds and he never, ever indicated this was an issue. In fact he seemed almost worried to tell me how much he was enjoying my smaller size, like he was being disloyal to the person I had been for many years, and I assured him it was okay, that I was enjoying it too I realize that not everybody has this good fortune and I never take it for granted. On top of all this he is wickedly funny and makes me laugh everyday.

Good for you for meeting all your stress head on without using food to comfort you. You have great resilience I don't know if there is an end in sight for all the things that you are dealing with, but in the end if you have to work through some tough stuff, better to do it looking marvelous
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Uh oh! Where are we!!!

I am trying to stay positive and keep eating right. I joined Pinterest the other night and so I goof around on there and find inspiring quotes and pics and stuff.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Uh oh! Where are we!!!

I am trying to stay positive and keep eating right. I joined Pinterest the other night and so I goof around on there and find inspiring quotes and pics and stuff.
I bought a counted cross stitch to try and keep my hands busy. I also love quotes one that I really like is: discipline is remembering what you really want.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:37 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I bought a counted cross stitch to try and keep my hands busy. I also love quotes one that I really like is: discipline is remembering what you really want.
I feel like not only did I kill some threads, but possibly the whole forum Where is everyone?
Old 03-05-2014, 05:33 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm right here!!! Just continually busy at work. I'm still eating as right and walking/running, too... It is just taking me forever to see results!
Old 03-06-2014, 10:02 AM   #9

I'm here. Just working some strange hours due to supporting a "new" facility that our hospital purchased. A stand alone surgery center.

Weight's down a few pounds so that's good. Running hasn't increased yet, but I have hit yoga a few times and am planning on a aqua class tonight after chiro.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:43 PM   #10

Great chiro visit. I got whole leg compression boots (ahhhhhhhhh!). Ran two miles on the treadmill. Took a 50 minute water aerobics class.

Knee/it band HURTS.

Dadgum it!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Heather - nice to see you! Hang in there with the pain...

Okay! Announcement. I FINALLY am in pound 195. Barely, but I will take it! 195.9 today (Thursday). 194.something by Monday probably will not happen, but I intend to keep trying.

TGIF Kids!!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Heather - nice to see you! Hang in there with the pain...

Okay! Announcement. I FINALLY am in pound 195. Barely, but I will take it! 195.9 today (Thursday). 194.something by Monday probably will not happen, but I intend to keep trying.

TGIF Kids!!
Perhaps a nice poop will get you there!

Actually, a pound in 3 days is totally doable!

LOOK how many you've lost so far! Yay!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #13

Yeah, walking isn't fun today.

So, I wrongfully assumed that the water aerobics class would be good for me being as it's low/no impact. However I neglected to remember that it's not the IMPACT that hurts me, it's the flexion and raising/bending motion of the knee. Which was FINE until we did water lunges and explosive water lunges. And swim kicks. This was after 2 miles on the treadmill, which is my semi-pain free limit lately.

Oy. Getting out of my car this morning was interesting. I was walking into the surgery center that I've been supporting and it was like an icepick every time I raised my right leg to take a step.

I have to remember progress. It takes time to strengthen a muscle. I'm just not that patient when it comes to running I guess.

I should be doing a 10 mile long run this weekend according to my plan. My half would be in three weeks.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone Happy for the weekend. I'm back to doing my clamshells and squats because whatever tendon it is that comes down the inside of your calf and connects to your ankle (I forget the name) is super inflamed again. Like your knee Heather, my pt says it gets overused because my glutes aren't firing strong enough. So I'm not a runner, but I am a walker and I am sad that it hurts so much now that outdoor walking season is drawing closer. Icing, strengthing and patience ~

Just bought 2 new dresses, still a thrill to buy things because I think they
are pretty, not because they fit. (Although they do fit ) Bringing last year's spring dresses to the consignment shop because they are too big. So it's understandable I needed to buy more, right?

HT congratulations on seeing the scale go down in whatever increment. You may not know how long it is going to take to get to your goal but what you do know is HOW to get there, and that you WILL gt there.
Old 03-07-2014, 03:55 PM   #15

Is it your posterior tibial tendon?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Hey girls I got my shot today in the back , so I am hoping to get into the gym Mon! it still hurts but not as bad , I am on Meloxicam and Gabapentin . Geez it's looking like a pharmacy on my nite stand. another two shots scheduled 2 weeks apart. Then I should be ready for physical therapy but walking shouldn't hurt me to start out.

HT~~ your are going to make that goal!! keep up the good worth!

Heather~~Awww sweetie I KNOW how frustrated you are getting but rushing it will only delay your progress in the long run. It's easier said than done I know.

Jesse~~ I can just picture you and your family by the fireplace eating popcorn or drinking hot chocolate having fun or sharing life with each other ,Sigh......so nice

230/ 123~ back 171 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115
Judd dd334 ud1668 start day 12/15/14

160 Nov
171 12/15
165 12/22
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Hey girls I got my shot today in the back , so I am hoping to get into the gym Mon! it still hurts but not as bad , I am on Meloxicam and Gabapentin . Geez it's looking like a pharmacy on my nite stand. another two shots scheduled 2 weeks apart. Then I should be ready for physical therapy but walking shouldn't hurt me to start out.

Heather~~Awww sweetie I KNOW how frustrated you are getting but rushing it will only delay your progress in the long run. It's easier said than done I know.

Jesse~~ I can just picture you and your family by the fireplace eating popcorn or drinking hot chocolate having fun or sharing life with each other ,Sigh......so nice
I'm not rushing. I'm supposed to be running. I must want it to not hurt anymore when I do so. At least I want it to let me run consistently farther each week.

What else do they have you doing for your sleepy glutes?

Tomorrow I have a new gym orientation session at 9am (tour style, not workout style), power yoga at 10am, a break to get my weekly skinny decaf starbucks, then an inversion workshop at 1pm. THEN I'll probably take my grown child to buy new bras.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:00 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

haha, your picture is close. We have one of those theater type popcorn poppers because dh and kids LOVE popcorn. I can pass on it at home. So last weekend they were eating popcorn and dd and I were drinking wine by the fire (she's 21 now) while we watched the Oscars. It was a nice weekend. This weekend looks to be good too, dh and I went out to dinner, now we're going to watch House of Cards on Netfliks and tomorrow dh and I have plans to visit our State History Museum. I hope your shots bring you some relief!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 09:50 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Is it your posterior tibial tendon?
Maybe? Besides clamshells and squats, I do donkey kicks and leg lifts on my back to get my quads going and bridges. My pt's whole theory about the break down in my ankles is I stopped uisng my core abs after my hysterectomy, and that got me off balance, my hamstrings and then my calfs started taking on all the workload and it finally cascaded down to my ankles. So in order to get better we did a lot of work on my glutes, lower abs and quads. All was well. but then I started slacking on my exercises. Still okay until we went to Florida in January, and I walked and walked and walked. By the end of the week it was flaring up and I haven't been able to calm it down. So starting up all exercises, icing, stretching etc. Hoping for relief in a few weeks, and if not, then I'll go back to PT.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:54 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Jesse~ sounds great for your weekend. I am surprised that you dare brave the cold and snow but, I guess you can go stir crazy after a while. Personally I would never leave from in of the fireplace! I was so cold, I woke up early and its a balmy 50 degrees compared to you . It will get up to 72. I got my sweat pants on and under my covers with a cup of hot tea. I would die if I had to live in your neck of the woods . Sorry you are having that ankle pain that sucks! hope you can get relief soon

Heather~ they don't have me scheduled yet for any PT till after they finish with the other 2 shots. I am planning on HT~walking a lot till then , I have 3,4,and 5 deteriorating disk. 4 and 5 are the worst! Is it a pipe dream to want to become a runner??? I mean, do people still jog or run with this kind of condition? I want to try as long as it doesn't hurt I want to do it!! It is on my bucket list to run a 5k at the very least . I just want to say I admire your tenacity and drive .You could be a millionaire if you could bottle it !

HT~ My fingers are crossed for your 194 for Mon. You are doing great with your diet and exercise
Old 03-08-2014, 03:47 PM   #21

Quote:
Heather~ they don't have me scheduled yet for any PT till after they finish with the other 2 shots. I am planning on HT~walking a lot till then , I have 3,4,and 5 deteriorating disk. 4 and 5 are the worst! Is it a pipe dream to want to become a runner??? I mean, do people still jog or run with this kind of condition? I want to try as long as it doesn't hurt I want to do it!! It is on my bucket list to run a 5k at the very least . I just want to say I admire your tenacity and drive .You could be a millionaire if you could bottle it !
I have a friend who had to have spinal surgery due to the same issues and she's a runner. Well, she's a slacking runner now but she was running 5ks and had hopes for a 10k. Work and motivation got the better of her lately.

Quote:
Maybe? Besides clamshells and squats, I do donkey kicks and leg lifts on my back to get my quads going and bridges. My pt's whole theory about the break down in my ankles is I stopped uisng my core abs after my hysterectomy, and that got me off balance, my hamstrings and then my calfs started taking on all the workload and it finally cascaded down to my ankles. So in order to get better we did a lot of work on my glutes, lower abs and quads. All was well. but then I started slacking on my exercises. Still okay until we went to Florida in January, and I walked and walked and walked. By the end of the week it was flaring up and I haven't been able to calm it down. So starting up all exercises, icing, stretching etc. Hoping for relief in a few weeks, and if not, then I'll go back to PT.
Those are a lot of the things I do. I've found being consistent is key. You slack and you lose fitness. Same for strength.

In my orientation today I found out about the Arc trainer or Lateral-X trainer. I'm going to ask my sports chiro about it Monday. Looks like it would be good for me. I'm also going to start seeing a personal trainer (decided today so no set appointments/trainings yet) to help with overall strength and lower body strength. Going at it on my own in the gym isn't probably a good idea and I love my sports chiros (hello eye candy!) but I want to do MORE.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Heather~ I am ssoooo happy to hear that I can run. What did they do for her back in surgery ? I feel half way decent today. Monday I will be getting my walking done early. Like to get it out of the way cause as the day wears on too many excuses crop into my head, I know that won't happen any time soon since I have been dying to get back to the gym!!!

Dang it! it seems to happen in three's. First I got a letter yesterday from my Drs. office saying he would not provide me with medical care. I have Obama Care and he is the one they said to go to. . I will be marching right into his office this week and asking for an explanation. Second my trip to the ER that was supposed to be a 100.00 ,well got a bill for 343.00 Last but, not least. DH and I went with another couple for a about 4 hrs. We get back to their house and when we were leaving I noticed my left rear tire was just about flat. I really don't like getting those plugged cause I am worried I'll have a flat or blowout. So it's a new tire . Well it was a nice day any way perfect weather.!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I just poured a box of granola down the garbage disposal ~ I bought it last week for my daughter but she has been back in Chicago since Tuesday and the only one who wants granola in this house is me. Had an unnecessary handful,followed by a second, so goodbye temptation! Whew feeling better already
Old 03-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Atta girl, Jesse! I made a cup of coffee this morning with the end of the sf vanilla coffee creamer. Then I made a 2nd and opened the new creamer. It tasted like Heaven! I had another sip - delish! Um...wait a minute. I looked in the fridge...you guess it, DH didn't get sf. He watched me pour it down the sink and looked at me like I was nuts. You think he'd expect such things by now!

I went shopping with a friend today. I now (again) fit into every size 14 I tried on - and a few 12's!! I bought a nice long skirt, a sleeveless shell, and a retro-looking wrap kinda dress that really did make me look awesome. Shopping is such a pleasure (except bra shopping which was awful) - only real issue is soooo many choices! I'll take that problem any time versus pick the least ugly thing in my size out of a catalog!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #25

Upset tummy all morning, I wasn't sure I was going to make it through teaching class safely!

Left early to take Lucy to the vet (ear infection), went on a 3 mile "run" (I call it a run because that was the intention, there were too many walk/reset breaks for my liking but I did finish in LESS pain than I expected to), and now I'm off to shower and shave for my sports chiro visit in an hour.

I'm going to ask about personal trainers and arc (or lateral-x) trainers and what they think about them. I needs me some more cardio to sub in until I can get my runs back up to par.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Atta girl, Jesse! I made a cup of coffee this morning with the end of the sf vanilla coffee creamer. Then I made a 2nd and opened the new creamer. It tasted like Heaven! I had another sip - delish! Um...wait a minute. I looked in the fridge...you guess it, DH didn't get sf. He watched me pour it down the sink and looked at me like I was nuts. You think he'd expect such things by now!

I went shopping with a friend today. I now (again) fit into every size 14 I tried on - and a few 12's!! I bought a nice long skirt, a sleeveless shell, and a retro-looking wrap kinda dress that really did make me look awesome. Shopping is such a pleasure (except bra shopping which was awful) - only real issue is soooo many choices! I'll take that problem any time versus pick the least ugly thing in my size out of a catalog!!!
Ahhh, new clothes! No matter what the day is going to do to me, I feel so much more ready for it when I'm wearing something awesome!!!! I sometimes feel shallow because I love clothes so much, but then I decided that beautiful clothes are really an affordable form of art. Beauty, in all it's forms, enriches our lives.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:16 PM   #27

Quote:
I just poured a box of granola down the garbage disposal ~ I bought it last week for my daughter but she has been back in Chicago since Tuesday and the only one who wants granola in this house is me. Had an unnecessary handful,followed by a second, so goodbye temptation! Whew feeling better already
Did that in the break room at work with a bag of potato chips lol. They were there, I had salt cravings. I dumped them in the trash. I don't know whose they were but in my defense the unit WAS closed and no one was working that day. They were left from a unit party the day before.

And that way they didn't tempt me.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Did that in the break room at work with a bag of potato chips lol. They were there, I had salt cravings. I dumped them in the trash. I don't know whose they were but in my defense the unit WAS closed and no one was working that day. They were left from a unit party the day before.

And that way they didn't tempt me.
Hey you did them and yourself a favor!
Old 03-10-2014, 07:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Ahhh, new clothes! No matter what the day is going to do to me, I feel so much more ready for it when I'm wearing something awesome!!!! I sometimes feel shallow because I love clothes so much, but then I decided that beautiful clothes are really an affordable form of art. Beauty, in all it's forms, enriches our lives.
Don't feel shallow... you haven't seen MY closet yet lol.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #30

Another two down from the few I was up since Sunday. Things are getting back to the status quo (fluid retention and upset tummy issues resolving).