Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Weight Loss Surgery
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:12 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
oops sorry for the dbl post

Well took my meds and part of my vitamins (chewables) and my calcium and vitamin d3 around noon got a boiled egg now to eat. ewwwwh !! No I don't it was bad !! Well I had a couple of bites of pulled pork instead.

HT~ I missed it!! you are 193!!lol I was waiting for the 194 mark and you passed that right by me congrats girl!!

Well I am supposed to take a fluid pill every day but I hadn't been so I took one yesterday well I weighed this morning and whew drum roll please ,154 lbs. before 1was 158 can you believe I can carry that much water? some time it is even worse like up to 7or 8 lbs. over night.

230/ 123~ back 171 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115
Judd dd334 ud1668 start day 12/15/14

160 Nov
171 12/15
165 12/22
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
I believe it. I can swing 5-6 pounds in a day or so due to fluid. Which I am lately.
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Ladies drinking my cup of Java .I got out of bed so fast this morning I was running into walls, I was like a drunk person. Question ,Heather you would probably know this ,Should not a cortisone shot last more than 2 weeks ? The pain is not near as
bad but , I thought it was clear sailing for a least 3 mos. My next shot is coming up so that is good. Girl's don't get old!!! MY UTI Dr. told me I have to get my kidney stone of 7 cm blasted before it gets any bigger. I am sick of seeing Drs. A bit of Good news for me I am at 152 I hope it sticks for Monday's weigh in or I wil take lower as well LOL
Old 03-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Good Morning Ladies drinking my cup of Java .I got out of bed so fast this morning I was running into walls, I was like a drunk person. Question ,Heather you would probably know this ,Should not a cortisone shot last more than 2 weeks ? The pain is not near as
bad but , I thought it was clear sailing for a least 3 mos. My next shot is coming up so that is good. Girl's don't get old!!! MY UTI Dr. told me I have to get my kidney stone of 7 cm blasted before it gets any bigger. I am sick of seeing Drs. A bit of Good news for me I am at 152 I hope it sticks for Monday's weigh in or I wil take lower as well LOL
It's unpredictable. Depending on the type, the amount injected, the injection technique, the joint size and the use it sees. I had my elbow injected and got about 6 weeks relief from it.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hi to everyone - I hear a lot of us struggling with the same thing...pounds creeping on or not creeping off quickly enough! What a struggle, huh? I have to say, I am currently so careful it is almost scary. Scary good that I am doing it, but scary bad that I feel like I'll have to always be so diligent to not gain. Not to mention, at 193, I still have to lose 19 pounds to get to my original goal, or at least 11 to get to my upper limit goal of 182 (one pound lower than my all-time lowest since WLS). All I can say is eat clean, exercise, and be patient. I struggle all week to see a one pound loss! I used to lose a pound a day!! But, it doesn't matter how long it takes - what matters is I'm working at it and the scale is going in the right direction again. I feel a lot better and I know it shows!

One upsetting thing... It appears I do have alopecia. At least, the dermatologist said so within about 3 minutes of meeting me. I'm on daily Biotin and she's suggested either Rogaine or some laser comb thing which I'm unsure about. Anyone have any experience in these matters? Of course, she is unsure about how my hair will react without Rogaine - because I haven't had anesthesia in a while and it does seem to be trying to recover. Just really bugs me, you know?

Running is easier, it seems, with every pound I lose. My knees seem to hurt less and I know I have more stamina. Loving that!

I love the mint cookie protein powder again. Go figure! Now the peanut butter cookie is on the back of the shelf! I have one scoop each day for breakfast. Nom nom nom!

Considering a 5K in a few weeks. If I am going to do one more before the scorching summer I need to do it soon.

Have you tried DE for the hair loss? It's cheap and worth a try. I like Earthworks brand because it is tasteless in juice or coffee. There's a thread on it in the Playground but here's a lot more info on it:

Google The Prairie Homestead; Diatomaceous Earth for your Family, Home, and Homestead
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:36 AM   #66

Well, I can no longer say I haven't eaten sugar since surgery. I chose to trust someone who KNOWS I don't eat sugar when they said something was sugar free. Obviously by my reaction it was NOT. I was lethargic, nauseous, in a carb "coma" and had a serious hypoglycemic reaction while driving home (with my kid in the car). Brain fog, confusion, cold sweats, shakes, etc... yeah, pretty.

I don't often volunteer why I don't eat sugar, or the effect it has on me, just that I choose not to eat it. That's true. It's an easier explanation that way. I am choosing to believe that it was an honest mistake and they were not being malicious or jealous or anything.

But now I don't know if it's physical or subconscious but I have a serious craving for sweet things. It probably started a sugar craving cycle and I'll need a few days of clean eating and pushing fluids to get through it. Ugh.

FYI the scale is up 7 pounds this morning. I'm going to assume it's fluid from the crap Thursday. It's too much too quickly to (hopefully) be anything else. It's disgusting and disheartening though.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
Well, I can no longer say I haven't eaten sugar since surgery. I chose to trust someone who KNOWS I don't eat sugar when they said something was sugar free. Obviously by my reaction it was NOT. I was lethargic, nauseous, in a carb "coma" and had a serious hypoglycemic reaction while driving home (with my kid in the car). Brain fog, confusion, cold sweats, shakes, etc... yeah, pretty.

I don't often volunteer why I don't eat sugar, or the effect it has on me, just that I choose not to eat it. That's true. It's an easier explanation that way. I am choosing to believe that it was an honest mistake and they were not being malicious or jealous or anything.

But now I don't know if it's physical or subconscious but I have a serious craving for sweet things. It probably started a sugar craving cycle and I'll need a few days of clean eating and pushing fluids to get through it. Ugh.

FYI the scale is up 7 pounds this morning. I'm going to assume it's fluid from the crap Thursday. It's too much too quickly to (hopefully) be anything else. It's disgusting and disheartening though.
Wow, so sorry this happened to you. I too hope it was just a mistake onthe part of the person who offered the food, because if not, that's pretty messed up. Yes the 7 pounds has to be fluid, it would be impossible to actually gain 7 pounds of fat from one eating incident. Hope it's shed soon.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #68
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Ugh! That's terrible! Reminds me of the sugar-free iced coffee I got at Dunkin Donuts a while back, which I told you all about. Its terrible when you specifically ask them and then leave and take a drink and O,O it isn't!!! When I get stuff now I usually sit there and taste it before I leave or drive away. I think one lady doesn't like me at McDonald's because I do that! LOL

I have been trudging along on eating and exercising... Last night I came home from work totally wiped out. I decided I was just going to relax. I deserved it!
....an hour later I went and jogged 2.5 miles. Yay me and my weird guilt! LOL
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #69

[QUOTE=Jesse;16846311Yes the 7 pounds has to be fluid, it would be impossible to actually gain 7 pounds of fat from one eating incident. Hope it's shed soon.[/QUOTE]

Final count was 10# up as of last night!! Today it was Sheen two of them. That wreaks havoc on your system... I just need to get it out of my system and get back to the status quo.

Stranger selfie at the Dallas Rock & Roll half marathon. I was a medical volunteer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140323_071549.jpg (22.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-23-2014, 12:26 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday dh and I used our Historical Society Membership to visit a historic house in the area (we bought the membership last year to encourage us to take in some sites in our area that we would always say oh we should go see that sometime and then we never would, having the membership has been great fun!) and then out to lunch downtown. Fun afternoon. Followed by cozy family room evening watching several episodes of House of Cards, our newest obsession. I really enjoy going out still, and I was thinking that I may enjoy food even MORE than I did before my surgery. Now that I eat reasonable quantities I savor the food, chew slower, choose what I really want to taste not what I think will fill me up, and best of all no guilt! No leaving the restaurant thinking I ate too much, I shouldn't have ordered that and all my other negative self talk. Kind of an interesting paradox.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:45 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ugh! That's terrible! Reminds me of the sugar-free iced coffee I got at Dunkin Donuts a while back, which I told you all about. Its terrible when you specifically ask them and then leave and take a drink and O,O it isn't!!! When I get stuff now I usually sit there and taste it before I leave or drive away. I think one lady doesn't like me at McDonald's because I do that! LOL

I have been trudging along on eating and exercising... Last night I came home from work totally wiped out. I decided I was just going to relax. I deserved it!
....an hour later I went and jogged 2.5 miles. Yay me and my weird guilt! LOL
I like the ice tea at McDonald's but I have to do the same thing you do ~ I never leave until I taste it to make sure it's unsweetened. They've given me the sweetened one more than once. I also won't let them add the Splenda either, I ask for packets so I can taste it, confirm it is unsweetened, and THEN I sweeten it with splenda. Picky but necessary.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:15 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
[QUOTE=myyellowstang;16846258]

UGH that stinks. I hope you can get it off just as quickly. I keep GSE on hand to take after I've had too much sugar/carbs. It cleans the junk out so it feel slike a reset. (grapefruit seed extract) Awesome for yeast in the body too, (that's what can cause the cravings).

Yesterday I started my cycle and stuffed my face with too much carbs so today is protein, protein, protein. Ready to get back into the 150's where I belong.
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:28 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Well How the heck are you galls??? No posts in 2 days??.LOL for those of us of us who have boring lives and inquiring minds want to know!!

Well Just and update on me I am still holding my 151
I know this will break some of your hearts in the north but it was so cold this morning in Fl. 40 degrees at the end of March I mean COME ON!!! I want to go to the beach .If Its not cold its rainy or too cloudy , I have that SAD thing it affects my mood big time and energy level. END OF RANT

H&H~ Good that you are taking the steps you need to to stay the course, Lord knows it can rack up fast I know I put 30 back on so I have a whole bunch to
re-lose. This won't EVER happen again I Like being thin again the way I feel, and the way I look. Just Hang in there it will come off Ya gotta do it !!!

Heather,Jesse,HT,Maripos,~~~are out there doing there thing
Old 03-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Counting down the days to Spring Break ~ starts this weekend. Making matters worse, it was supposed to start Thursday, but they needed snow day make up so now we have school on Friday. Doesn't sit well with my high school kids who have long forgotten that they had a snow day back in January they want the day off NOW. The days they need you to be the most patient with them are of course the days when you're hanging on by a thread too! It's making me all munchy, cravey, doing my best to resist. Weight holding steady so far! C'mon FRIDAY!
Old 03-26-2014, 05:48 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

I know I must whine a lot, but things here are just super stressy. So much so, that I actually had no interest in eating last night - which I can only say I've ever had happen to me maybe 3 times in my entire life. Good news is the 4 pounds I gained over the weekend are almost gone - I was 193.8 today.

Hang in there everyone. Last night I literally curled up and tried to hide from the world. I didn't even walk. Tonight I'm going to go walk/jog. I can't stop doing what I need to do.
Old 03-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I know I must whine a lot, but things here are just super stressy. So much so, that I actually had no interest in eating last night - which I can only say I've ever had happen to me maybe 3 times in my entire life. Good news is the 4 pounds I gained over the weekend are almost gone - I was 193.8 today.

Hang in there everyone. Last night I literally curled up and tried to hide from the world. I didn't even walk. Tonight I'm going to go walk/jog. I can't stop doing what I need to do.
Hey if life is stressful you should be able to say so. I remember some periods when my kids wre younger and there were some of those perfect storms of stress, (money, expectations from my extended family, arguements about who was in charge of what, work, money again) that I would be crying in between Mom taxi runs (when they couldn't see me) from the sheer stress and exhaustion. Having my kids become young adults brings different stress, but it is not like the stress when they were in middle school and early high school. Even the man I rave about all the time now pissed me off a lot more when our kids were younger. I hope that for you, it too will pass as it did for me. And if the issues are bigger than, just a stage of life,I hope you can figure out how to fix them. Whatever happens, at least you'll fabulous while you're sorting out your life!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #77

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
I've been swamped at work but I'm ok. Dr apt April 3rd
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 06:38 AM   #78

Down 5 of the 10 in the past week. Headaches for a few days but those seem to have gone now (hopefully).

I truly believe sugar is poison to the body, at least in my case! Look what it's done to me after one instance of unintentional consumption!
Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Well 21 months into by WLS surgery life my sleeve is still teaching me lessons. I went to Costco and they were sampling Chicken Alfredo so I thought, why not, it's dinnertime. Why not indeed. My sleeve + pasta = Probably for the best.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 PM   #80

Yup. No pasta here for me either.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:02 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

I had issues today, too, but with some pork chop and some cauliflower. Maybe I didn't chew it enough or something, but it sat there for at least 6 or 7 hours. Blech!

In better news... 192.5 this morning! -16 and counting! Seems like 191.something should be possible by Monday...

My life is still stressy, but I'm dealing better today - thanks, Jesse... Between my kids and I we have at least twelve doctor and dentist appointments in the next ten days (several days with more than one appointment in a day...). Maybe at the end of all that at least we'll all have clean teeth and clean bills of health - I hope.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 PM   #82

Quote:
I had issues today, too, but with some pork chop and some cauliflower. Maybe I didn't chew it enough or something, but it sat there for at least 6 or 7 hours. Blech!

In better news... 192.5 this morning! -16 and counting! Seems like 191.something should be possible by Monday...

My life is still stressy, but I'm dealing better today - thanks, Jesse... Between my kids and I we have at least twelve doctor and dentist appointments in the next ten days (several days with more than one appointment in a day...). Maybe at the end of all that at least we'll all have clean teeth and clean bills of health - I hope.
I can eat raw cauliflower and broccoli but cooked gets stuck every stinking time! 1 bite or 100 bites, same result.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:14 PM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

I never had it happen with that before, but man! I will be staying away from it for a while!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:01 AM   #84

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi again. Just popping in. I'm also in the "stress boat" with you all. My 19 y.o. is on spring break at Gulf Shores. Accck And he drove my car!!!!! I have been snacking on way too many crackers. I never even really ate crackers before wls. Now I love them but I HAVE to stop. Luckily my other food choices are good so I'm not gaining but this is stupid. I am stuck and I know why.

Tell me about the grapefruit seed extract please.

Anyone ever hear of taking charcoal as a dex? Colloidal Silver?
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #85

Ladies, I am terrified about tomorrow. Well, about how I will feel tomorrow after my half. THAT'S what I'm terrified about. The pain.

I'll be honest. I'm not setting out to complete the whole half. (Oxymoron?) It's a double loop run of the 10k route. My goal is to complete a single loop, anything else is a bonus. I know how much I hurt after a 10k (single loop), I can't imagine the double loop pain.

I've been to the chiro this morning. I'm k-taped from hip to heels (literally!) in pretty pink and black tape. I've had acupuncture and cryotherapy (omg was that ever cold!). They have you stand naked in a tube with only gloves and slippers on while nitrogen in pumped in and your body temp is dropped. Mine was 49 after the 2 minutes in the tube. Optimal is below 40, but they said it's common to not achieve that the first time because they don't know your "limit" yet so they go a little easier on the temp. And I guess because I'm smaller they didn't freeze me as much. Whatever lol, it was COLD!!!!!

So.... 13.1 tomorrow, aiming for 6.2. We'll see how it goes!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #86

Getting all ready for tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140328_204039.jpg (57.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20140328_182343.jpg (35.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20140328_182301-1.jpg (41.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #87
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Luck Heather & have fun!!! I so admire you for going out there and working at it!!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Hope all is well with Heather as she runs this morning.

Starting Spring Break today, my dh and I are going on a little road trip to the Henry Ford Museum, with a stop in Chicago to see our daughter. Our 18 year old son is staying home alone, because he doesn't want to miss track practice. I am a little nervous, but he has never, ever done anything to make us think we can't trust him.He is a super great teenager, if we could just get him to feel more urgency about turning in his homework, he would be perfect. I trust his friends too, but we have talked several times about friends of friends, and he has plans about what to do if anyone shows up uninivited by him.

Packing some of my foods, and already planning some of our options for restaurants. I'm usually successful eating out, so I'm not too worried. Although Dearbron Michicigan was never on my bucket list it will be fun to have a few days alone with dh.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #89

Ladies.

Before.
Mile 7.
FINISH!

All of the miles. Yes there was much walking involved

BUT there was also no knee pain!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140329_072348.jpg (26.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20140329_115821.jpg (40.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 20140329_124545.jpg (49.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 03-29-2014, 12:26 PM   #90

FYI 3/29. 4 years post op today.