Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Hey you did them and yourself a favor!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
I'm here, catching up, once again! Just wanted to say hi this time, so I'm not *totally* MIA! Hubby is on his way home so I probably need to wait until tomorrow to actually post... this is the story of my life, these days. I need to better organize time. I've been almost the same weight for a bit now... Sitting at 164. The hair loss has started. But everything is awesome, otherwise! I feel good!
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:45 PM   #33
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
Quote:
Ahhh, new clothes! No matter what the day is going to do to me, I feel so much more ready for it when I'm wearing something awesome!!!! I sometimes feel shallow because I love clothes so much, but then I decided that beautiful clothes are really an affordable form of art. Beauty, in all it's forms, enriches our lives.
Does that work with handbags, too? lol I was on the Coach Outlet website and went a bit nuts. Then again, I saved a lot of money, and I got a really nice leather bag in my favorite color (light blue). A splurge, but I'm worth it!

I've been so good about getting in the exercise when I can. Yesterday went for a run at almost 9PM and this morning walked/jogged for the 30 min my son had speech therapy - I walk and jog around their big parking lot. The receptionist said, "Wow, you are a dedicated woman to do that." Yep. I am!

Went to the movies today. I had about ten pieces of popcorn. It wasn't that good...if it had been hot and delicious and buttery I might have had more. Thankfully, I did not. Did I mention I can pull my jeans off without unzipping them? That's motivation to keep doing what I know works!

Come on 194!!!!

Ah, hair loss. I think mine is finally slowing down. Now just to learn to work with it...between how it is growing back (coarse, frizzy, and weird) and how worried I am about it looking bad I have it in a ponytail almost constantly.
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.

Last edited by Hot Tamale; 03-11-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 06:49 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
HT~ so very proud of you! Yeah don't you love that you can lower your pants with out un doing them?? I just know you are going to meet your goal Monday.

Hallelujah !! I made it to the gym today and Heather I RAN!! I am doing a virtual race in 6 wks so the training was walk for 4 mins and run 1 min . 4 times . Well I walked/ran for 55 mins. .My back didn't feel bad but my right hip towards the end started to hurt.
Going to take it easy tomorrow and go the next day.

230/ 123~ back 156 /120/ULTIMATE GOAL 115

Jan- 27 153
Jun-19-156
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:50 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Joyful - Great job on the running!!! 55 minutes of that is very impressive!!!

Hey Everyone... *looks around* 194.0 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New goal: 192.9 by Monday!!!!

I went out and walked/jogged 4 miles this morning. I LOVE Spring Break! If only I didn't have to work.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
Hey Joyful, so happy for your ability to run with less pain then before. And HT you go girl! I have to wait 2 more weeks for Spring Break, but then I think you start much earlier than we do. We start the Tuesday after Labor Day and get out June 5.

And ... nothing specific but I am feeling skinny today. weird how one day the same weight= not skinny and another day = skinny. Anyhow, enjoying my day of mental skinnyness
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:21 AM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOE: VSG 10/2011 85 lbs. lost
Hi everyone!! I've been MIA a couple months but I need to get back to a healthier eating plan. My 'eat whatever I want whenever I want plan' has gotten me back up to 164

On a brighter note my little Janessa is not so little anymore; 8 months, sprouted her first tooth and is pulling up to her feet already!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911686_10152260083719588_170605231_n.jpg (24.5 KB, 8 views)
Healthy and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
I made it to the gym today and Heather I RAN!! I am doing a virtual race in 6 wks so the training was walk for 4 mins and run 1 min . 4 times . Well I walked/ran for 55 mins. .My back didn't feel bad but my right hip towards the end started to hurt.
Going to take it easy tomorrow and go the next day.
Awesome! I'm excited for you - warning... running is addictive! You get that OMG I FEEL AWESOME feeling after a good run and it's all over lol. You did great! What Virtual are you doing? I have one for Lala's first 5k when she works up to that distance. You get a person medal and a doggie medal.

Watch out for the hip pain. That tells me you have weakness in it. Start strengthening it NOW before you get to where I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Hey Everyone... *looks around* 194.0 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New goal: 192.9 by Monday!!!!

I went out and walked/jogged 4 miles this morning. I LOVE Spring Break! If only I didn't have to work.
Rocking this!!! So proud of you! When it clicks again it really clicks. Exercise and REAL FOOD do wonders huh! No liquid diets, no fads, no nothing but good honest hard work and paying attention!!!

Quote:
And ... nothing specific but I am feeling skinny today. weird how one day the same weight= not skinny and another day = skinny. Anyhow, enjoying my day of mental skinnyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healthy and Happy View Post
My 'eat whatever I want whenever I want plan' has gotten me back up to 164

On a brighter note my little Janessa is not so little anymore; 8 months, sprouted her first tooth and is pulling up to her feet already!
It comes off.

And she's BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 AM   #39

Yoga last night. I'm getting back into a groove, if only I can keep it up. It's easier when I don't have to cart a kiddo around, usually I'm driving into town, picking him up, taking him home and then it's too late to get back to town for class.

Yoga again tonight since there's no kid carting...
Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep. Kid carting cuts into my exercise time...don't like that one bit. Especially when they are almost 16 and think they are entitled to everything - not to mention they think I am the dumbest person on Earth. Ahem.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

My life began again when my youngest got his driver's license I am happy for the miles I logged though ~ my kids knew I would pick them up plus drive friends home too ~ I just drove quietly and learned lots of things as they chatted.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my goodness, no new posts for 2 days. Did I kill the thread AGAIN?
Old 03-15-2014, 11:08 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm not sure where everyone is...maybe it is me. O,o

I've been busy. Nursing a sore knee today - I'll assume it is from running about 2.5 miles on the beach yesterday. Running on the beach always looks cool, but actually it is more of an obstacle course - constantly looking for softer spots and avoiding the water. I should have known better, but it was cool out, yet the sun was warm, etc... However, I will tell you, whenever I have a pain in/near/around my knee, something in the back of my head worries it is a blood clot. O,o Man, I wish I didn't worry so darn much!

I cannot begin to tell you the foods I have been able to avoid this week! I'm so happy about it, too. I'm not sure if I'll get to 193 or 192 by Monday, but it won't be for lack of effort.

Roll call, Everyone! What are you doing this weekend? I'm cleaning out/cleaning through my bedroom and a bunch of receipts and paperwork I have let grow and grow. I figure if I don't do it Hoarders TV show may show up on my doorstep.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

So far this weekend I fell asleep on the coach watching CNN on Friday ~ where IS that plane? Slept for 2 hours!!! Then woke up and watched 2 episodes of House of Cards. We are hooked on this series.

Pantry was bare so I've been to Costco and one other grocery store getting supplies. I am making a big effort to have what I need in the house to crank out homemade meals for my husband and son. I am not tempted by fast food anymore so it was becoming real easy to eat a greek yogurt for supper and send them to Wendy's or such. Not good for them though. Both of them will happily eat fish and fruits and veggies if I put it in front of them, but they are unlikely to make themselves a healthy meal.

Tonight I'm going to a high school basketball game, the school where I teach is is in the final game for the state championship. Tomorrow I have to stay home because I'm beginning my prep for a colonoscopy on Monday. I've started with full liquids today (not required but thought it might make things a little easier) and will switch to clear liquids tomorrow.

So... you can see I am leading a very glamourous life this weekend!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Doing liquids today is a very good idea. My doc was unable to do a total colonoscopy because I wasn't totally cleaned out. Yes, my critics are right: I am full of it! If/when I need to do it again I will also be switching to liquids only for several days before.

I have to stop letting my family just eat "whatever" when I get it in my head I only want yogurt or some kashi cereal or a protein shake. Usually I cook either way, but sometimes - like today - I call Domino's and call it a meal. I know it isn't best...

Yes, Jesse, we are both living it up this weekend! (Maybe that's why we're the only ones posting...) O,o
Old 03-16-2014, 08:10 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry folks for being MIA Well I got the results of MRI , and it was not good . Well I need back surgery ASAP. of course I will get a second opinion but .I have been told that before when I lived in Texas. My right foot is starting to drop I noticed it last time at the gym on tread mill and just walking . Needless to say I am out of my mind with worry . Sorry about not posting, will try to do better.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry folks for being MIA Well I got the results of MRI , and it was not good . Well I need back surgery ASAP. of course I will get a second opinion but .I have been told that before when I lived in Texas. My right foot is starting to drop I noticed it last time at the gym on tread mill and just walking . Needless to say I am out of my mind with worry . Sorry about not posting, will try to do better.
So sorry to hear this. If your foot is dropping it does sound serious. Prayers that you will find a doctor who will be wise and skilled and restore you to health.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Feeling unnecessarily proud of myself because I finished every drop of the awful colonoscopy prep. All that's left is the bottle of mannesium citrate tomorrow morning.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:59 PM   #49

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Today is my 4 year surgiversary!
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:46 AM   #50

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi(peeking in quick). Sorry to be MIA for so long. Still doing pretty well, now down to 185 and finally at a place I can actually see a "normal" weight in my future. Didn't really believe it. So it's 125 pounds gone and I'm at 15 months out. Not bad. Wish it was faster but I do eat very well so I can't complain.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post
Happy anniversary! (Mine is the 29th.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi(peeking in quick). Sorry to be MIA for so long. Still doing pretty well, now down to 185 and finally at a place I can actually see a "normal" weight in my future. Didn't really believe it. So it's 125 pounds gone and I'm at 15 months out. Not bad. Wish it was faster but I do eat very well so I can't complain.
This gets me every time! You wish it were faster. How many pounds have you lost in those 15 months? 125. That's 8 pounds a month, or two pounds a week CONSISTENTLY. When has that ever happened to you before?

Add consistent cardio and strength training to your eating very well and you will continue to see great results like you have!!
Old 03-18-2014, 01:09 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary you look amazing in your profile pic! Happy surgiversary
Old 03-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've lost 3 of the 8 lbs I've gained recently. Just from cutting way back on starches for several days but now I'm letting them creep back in. Why can't I seem to eat healthy more than a few days? Oh yeah, that's why I had WLS in the first place.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:12 PM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Chrissykin
WOE: VSG 7/3/2012 and low carb -141#
Just popping in to say hi

I feel like I am always so busy anymore! I have a bunch of crazy stuff going on in my life like everyone else.

I am having a time of it stabilizing my weight. I am down to 155 I held on to 165 for a long time and then I had a drop. I feel my skin tightening up, not a whole lot but enough that all my clothes are getting a little to big on me. I feel like I eat all the the time and believe me when I say I eat more than my fair share of crap.

I hope everyone is doing well and will come back and read more.
Chrissykin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:14 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear about your situation! Please get the 2nd opinion as soon as you can - hate to hear you're in pain and hate for you to need to wait longer to address it...
Old 03-18-2014, 06:15 PM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I agree with Heather - you're doing great! Just keep doing what you need to do!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryposa View Post

Happy Belated Surgiversary!

You've come a long way! Love your pic, too!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi to everyone - I hear a lot of us struggling with the same thing...pounds creeping on or not creeping off quickly enough! What a struggle, huh? I have to say, I am currently so careful it is almost scary. Scary good that I am doing it, but scary bad that I feel like I'll have to always be so diligent to not gain. Not to mention, at 193, I still have to lose 19 pounds to get to my original goal, or at least 11 to get to my upper limit goal of 182 (one pound lower than my all-time lowest since WLS). All I can say is eat clean, exercise, and be patient. I struggle all week to see a one pound loss! I used to lose a pound a day!! But, it doesn't matter how long it takes - what matters is I'm working at it and the scale is going in the right direction again. I feel a lot better and I know it shows!

One upsetting thing... It appears I do have alopecia. At least, the dermatologist said so within about 3 minutes of meeting me. I'm on daily Biotin and she's suggested either Rogaine or some laser comb thing which I'm unsure about. Anyone have any experience in these matters? Of course, she is unsure about how my hair will react without Rogaine - because I haven't had anesthesia in a while and it does seem to be trying to recover. Just really bugs me, you know?

Running is easier, it seems, with every pound I lose. My knees seem to hurt less and I know I have more stamina. Loving that!

I love the mint cookie protein powder again. Go figure! Now the peanut butter cookie is on the back of the shelf! I have one scoop each day for breakfast. Nom nom nom!

Considering a 5K in a few weeks. If I am going to do one more before the scorching summer I need to do it soon.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:32 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Say hello to my wonderful girls and lifeline !! Even though I am un able to go to the gym at this point ,so sad cause I only got to go that one time after my shot. I am scared that I will fall on the tread mill cause of the dropped foot that I now have(CRAP). BTW My dh gave me a cold with just one kiss on the lips argh!!!! OK enough with the grumblings . You ladies challenge me to great heights!! to never cease in trying to do better an achieve my goals. I want to thank you . My plan is to crank up the music an dance around the house doing house work etc. and stay on plan with my eating. no cheats !!

Jesse~ You are a girl after my own heart ! I love to shop! As of now I am not buying any thing till I get back to my size 4's nope not gonna dot it!

Heather~ Good for you on the potato chips , Sorry about your tummy hope you feel better soon!

HT~hope you are doing well and you have made your goal I am too ashamed to post my weight the cortisone shot has really packed it on and PCP Perscriped other meds that causes weight gain give me a break please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chewie~ Good To see you! awe some job you are doing ! don't be such a stranger!

Mariposa~Happy surgiversary

Now I have to go and take all my Morning meds and I haven't had breakfast yet it is 9:20 I have had coffee I haven't an appetite
Old 03-19-2014, 06:42 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Say hello to my wonderful girls and lifeline !! Even though I am un able to go to the gym at this point ,so sad cause I only got to go that one time after my shot. I am scared that I will fall on the tread mill cause of the dropped foot that I now have(CRAP). BTW My dh gave me a cold with just one kiss on the lips argh!!!! OK enough with the grumblings . You ladies challenge me to great heights!! to never cease in trying to do better an achieve my goals. I want to thank you . My plan is to crank up the music an dance around the house doing house work etc. and stay on plan with my eating. no cheats !!

Jesse~ You are a girl after my own heart ! I love to shop! As of now I am not buying any thing till I get back to my size 4's nope not gonna dot it!

Heather~ Good for you on the potato chips , Sorry about your tummy hope you feel better soon!

HT~hope you are doing well and you have made your goal I am too ashamed to post my weight the cortisone shot has really packed it on and PCP Perscriped other meds that causes weight gain give me a break please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chewie~ Good To see you! awe some job you are doing ! don't be such a stranger!

Mariposa~Happy surgiversary

Now I have to go and take all my Morning meds and I haven't had breakfast yet it is 9:20 I have had coffee I haven't an appetite.:sick