LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Hot Tamale
Stats: 389/183/174 (-206)
WOE: LowCarb & WLS (11/10)
Start Date: every 24 hours...
WLS WAGON - January 2014!!

Happy New Year, Everyone! A new year brings an even more "official" chance for us to assess where we are, have been, and want to be. How are YOU doing? Does anyone have resolutions or goals they'd like to discuss? We're all ears!
Hot Tamale is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2014, 01:35 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: myyellowstang
Stats: 286/142/135
3 miles down for the new year. Here's to a good start!
myyellowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

I'll start...but I've been talking about these things for a few months now... However, today is a new month and a new year and so I'm more determined than ever to accomplish my goals for 2014:

1. I'm running (okay, jogging and walking...) in the 8K on 1/25.
2. I joined a gym and plan to go there (in addition to other times/days/places I exercise) often...I'm especially interested in starting some light weight training.
3. I'm going to get down to 182 as soon as I can. I'm cleaning up my messy eating (no more tasting just a little..., eating things that are obviously not going to help me lose weight - chips, candy, sugary things for sure...). I would like to weigh 182 by mid-March, but even if I don't make that time goal I'll keep going until I get there.
4. I'm getting back to drinking more water, especially between meals.
5. I'm going to weigh myself much more often to stay accountable.
6. I'm going to figure out what the heck I can do about my hair! What a MESS!
THE ONLY THING STOPPING ME IS MYSELF.
The "easy way out" is the toughest thing I've ever done.
208 / 201 / 174 (-20)
Old 01-01-2014, 01:45 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myyellowstang View Post
3 miles down for the new year. Here's to a good start!
WTG Heather! I was up and out the door by 9AM. I walked/jogged 3.75 miles then came home and dragged my kids out for a 1.25 mile (slower) walk. They were pretty grumbly but we are making changes in 2014!!
Old 01-01-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jesse
Stats: 293/VSG 284/155/170
WOE: VSG 06/13/2012
I am having a great time in Florida. My son's marching band won all of their competitions in the Gator Bowl. I have made good on my plans to walk, I know I'm walking a lot because my hips and gluts are pleasingly sore. It's not super warm here, but the temps at home are subzero, so we're happy to be here. What a pleasure to step outside and start walking without ice, boots and a million layers of clothes. I don't want to go home until Easter.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #6

I've been seeing a lot on FB about "words" or "themes" for 2014 instead of resolutions. I like that idea. I'm trying to come up with mine.

One I really like is "Connections". I've always been a solo person. Not that I'm a loner, but I've always just done things on my own. When I started running, I ran alone. Just stuff like that. I didn't have any runner friends. Or any runner friends that were as consistent as me with getting out there and doing it.

Well, I decided that for 2014 I would do more group runs. Step out of my comfort zone, run with other people, try their pace, their routes, use their accountability. I've already done it a few times and it was a great experience. So there's that.

Another one I really like is "simplify". Life, belongings, etc. Whatever it might be, stop making things so complicated and enjoy what happens.

As far as things I want to accomplish... I have big plans. I not only want to run a half, I also want to run a full by the end of the year. I've decided not to wait the full until next year when it's totally within my realm to do it this year. I'm training to a half by March. That gives me 9 more months to work up to a full. I got that.

I want to reclaim my comfort zone. Right now I'm within my amended comfort zone range of 145-150. I really want to work my way back down to 135-140. Not impossible. I have all the knowledge and tools and I have the ability seeing as how I've lost 10 since December 1.

I haven't thought much beyond that.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Ten pounds in a month is amazingly awesome, Heather. I can only hope (and work at) to do the same this month.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:46 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Jesse - Glad Florida agrees with you. This time of year I like being here. July, not so much.

Okay, I ate carefully, drank bunches of water, and exercised my heart out... and today I'm up about half a pound! lol I know its probably a bunch of things and it will eventually head downward. I am not deterred! Okay, well I am, but I'm not giving up for sure!

Today's exercise? First, cleaning up my house and catching up on laundry. Then, possibly going to the gym or walking some or maybe even taking down our Christmas decorations outside and/or washing my car. So many options, so little time. All I know is I need to get a lot of this done today. I'm back to work on Monday and I don't want to be rushing around doing all this on the weekend.

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! Check in, will ya?!?!?!?
Old 01-02-2014, 05:58 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Someone posted this on another thread:

"I come here every new years ready to start over. I lose a few pound the first month or so and then stop losing and drift off and fall off the wagon. I really hope this year is different."

I responded:

This year can be different because you are going to make it happen. You control everything you do, including what goes in your mouth and also how much you move your body. I am telling this to you, but I am telling it to myself over and over, too. You can do it! Welcome back!

And for us I will add...

It isn't about hoping it happens. It is about making it happen. It isn't I hope I don't eat 4 slices of toast throughout the day. It is I will not eat that toast because I know it isn't getting me where I want to be. We are all strong people - WLS or not - but if you've had WLS you know just how strong you really are!!!

DOING THIS IN 2014!!!!
Old 01-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Okay, I ate carefully, drank bunches of water, and exercised my heart out... and today I'm up about half a pound! lol I know its probably a bunch of things and it will eventually head downward. I am not deterred! Okay, well I am, but I'm not giving up for sure!
Exercise, especially if you are ramping up from a previous level of activity (and YES you are from your posts), causes a bump in the scale initially every time you increase intensity. You fatigue muscles, you damage muscles (soreness!) and then they repair. Damaged muscles hold water. I recommend not only watching the scale (important to see trends to prevent REAL regain) but also take measurements and compare those when you start to see a bump and get bummed. But GOOD ATTITUDE, stick with it and you'll get it done!

Quote:
Someone posted this on another thread:

"I come here every new years ready to start over. I lose a few pound the first month or so and then stop losing and drift off and fall off the wagon. I really hope this year is different."

I responded:

This year can be different because you are going to make it happen. You control everything you do, including what goes in your mouth and also how much you move your body. I am telling this to you, but I am telling it to myself over and over, too. You can do it! Welcome back!

And for us I will add...

It isn't about hoping it happens. It is about making it happen. It isn't I hope I don't eat 4 slices of toast throughout the day. It is I will not eat that toast because I know it isn't getting me where I want to be. We are all strong people - WLS or not - but if you've had WLS you know just how strong you really are!!!

DOING THIS IN 2014!!!!
I think, at least from my personal experience, it's not the staying away that causes the derailment. When I derail, I start to stay away out of I don't know - guilt or something! It is about MAKING it happen. All about being accountable. Stay on top of things, log your food so you know where you stand at all times. Get in your workouts, make it consistent.

Going into this my mindset has always been that WLS would be a reset. Things got so out of control I needed a reset. Not a cure for my issues, not the end all be all weight loss answer, but something to put me back on "even" ground. A 5 pound weight gain at 140 pounds is a far different animal than a 5 pound weight gain at 300 pounds. When I was almost 300 it was a drop in the already full bucket and it was already so overwhelming that it didn't register as a red flag. NOW, on "even ground" a 2-3 pound gain holds more meaning and power. Perhaps that's why I've been successful - who knows? WLS got me back to ground zero and I need to rely on me to stay there.

I never got it before. Never did. Everything was not my fault. I couldn't control the fact that I HAD to eat chocolate all day or eat double or triple what I should have. I had no control over choosing junk food over whole good food. Right. I have to laugh at the person I was. Not that it was funny, but that because I was so weak willed I didn't realize that I had ALL the control. Every pound I put on was absolutely my fault. Every opportunity to move my body I missed or excused myself out of was absolutely my fault.

It still is now. A few months ago I caught myself thinking OMG I'll never be able to run those types of distances because it takes so DARN long to do it. So what did I do... instead of running for an hour I slept for an hour. I sat at the TV for an hour. Finally I just sucked it up, paid some money and "forced" myself into doing a 10k. I tried to use mourning the loss of Molly as an excuse to skip it or to downgrade to a 5k. I tried. But I was strong, got up that morning, and just did it.

That's what I've been doing lately too. Just doing it. I guess there's something to that slogan! If I just commit to it, make myself accountable to someone else by committing to a group run, then it gets done.

I've spent unmentionable amounts of money on race fees - probably around $400 - for the next few months (we don't mention this to my hubby lol!) so that I have the accountability of doing it. But whatever it takes. I'm worth it, and that's something that has changed for me. Before - I didn't see myself as worth the money OR effort.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:05 PM   #11

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Happy New Year! I re-read Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It and I'm committing to a whole month of the plan outlined in the appendix. Mostly meat, greens and LC veggies. Also a little dairy.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #12

I posted this on my status tonight but I wanted to share it here as well.

Quote:
I've had few days to think about it and I've come up with my "theme" or "word" for 2014. I've never had one before, so this was interesting to me.

I chose "DISCOMFORT". Not the negative painful hurt kind of discomfort. I am very much a creature of habit, and there's not a thing wrong with that. I eat the same kinds of foods every day and it does me good. I take the same route to work and I can get there (almost) in my sleep.

BUT - and here's the part where it gets better - I also tend to stagnate with many other things I do. I run the same base mileage, at the same comfortable speed. I run the same routes, solo. I gravitate to the same kind of workouts and the same type of people. I have avoided new experiences (or experiences I already love) because of uncomfortable situations. I let FEAR of the UNKNOWN guide my decisions more often than not.

I'm *going* to show up and run with strangers. The first time. After that they're my friends. I *will* break out the neighborhood 3 mile rut. I WILL OWN that DOUBLE JABBERWOCKY. I *shall* find the tolerance to base and fly again. And I *am* nailing that 15k, Half and Full marathon this year.

That is where my word comes in. It's time to feel the discomfort. Embrace it. And push right on through it. They say "Life begins OUTSIDE your comfort zone". Let's find out if that's really true.

Cheesy, huh? I'm all hopped up on new year potential.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 PM   #13

Ha ha mine is the opposite almost. Mine is shalom - peace in understanding "all as it should be" there are certain things I need to stop fighting and over thinking or analyzing and just let flow.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #14

An hour of power yoga last night. Calories were too low after 3 meals and two snacks, but I had no hunger. I hit under 1000 but even after the last snack it was too late and I just didn't want anything!

Today might be a rest day, or I might hit a few miles. I'm thinking rest and then 4-6 tomorrow depending on how I feel. It's supposed to be gorgeous, and then cold again Sunday.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

I think my word is "CHALLENGE." I need to keep challenging myself. Challenging myself about eating, exercise, and doing al those things I need to do but just haven't done. My job has a bunch of assessments and observations and deadlines. I am a procrastinator by nature (or habit) and I have to challenge myself to not only meet all of the deadlines and requirements, but let's even get ahead of all that crap. Now that IS a challenge!!

I took my DD15 and we hit the gym today. I could tell she felt very grown up being there. She liked it, which is great, because it will push me into going sometimes when I'd rather not. I don't need a lot of encouragement to work out, but sometimes she was a reason I wouldn't, or wouldn't as long as I needed to, etc... So this was a good thing. I went for about a mile on the elliptical and about 1.75 on the treadmill. We also did stretches (darn my knees) and a bunch of crunches/ab stuff. In a strange twist, my WLS surgeon was there lifting free weights. I saw him, but I'm not sure he saw me. I'm assuming he did... I considered going over and saying hi but figured that many people wouldn't welcome that. He is a very health-conscious man and very fit, too. I figure one day we'll see each other at a time we'll say hello. Until then I don't want him to feel like I'm stalking him!!

Now I am just taking a break from cleaning up the house, catching up on laundry, etc... I am trying to not procrastinate and wait til Sunday night to do all these things. So far it is working.

PS: I lost the half a pound I gained yesterday.

Heather - I'm not where you are with eating - very few days do I find myself way under on calories...but I am cutting out the nighttime snacking and also I am getting back to measuring my food. It is helping.

Hi Mary! I like your word. Maybe if I do what I need to do this year it can be my word next year!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
"SELF CONTROL" is my word....I tend to not give myself boundries with things...For example...

1. Eating (generally, i don't over eat...just eating the wrong stuff or not paying attentiont to my choices)
2. Drinking (soda, not enough water)
3. Going to bed way too late (sometimes I can't sleep..but sometimes I am too busy FB'ing!)
4. Spending (Need to make a budget and stick to it)
5. Scale-I am either on it every day obsessively or not at all.

Self control is at the root of ALL my issues. I need to learn to delay gratification.

Carbohydrates drive insulin, and insulin drives fat-Gary Taubes
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #17

Quote:
PS: I lost the half a pound I gained yesterday.

Heather - I'm not where you are with eating - very few days do I find myself way under on calories...but I am cutting out the nighttime snacking and also I am getting back to measuring my food. It is helping.
Because it was just exercise induced water retention.

I wasn't where I am with food either not too long ago. But once I come clean with eating and stay there it's super easy. I lose the cravings. I lose the hunger. I lose all of that. I just eat. And I eat repetitively. Meaning the same things. I may venture out occasionally, but I have the same base breakfast, the same base lunch and the same pool of foods to chose from in general. In my case, obviously, variety is NOT key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post
"SELF CONTROL" is my word....I tend to not give myself boundries with things...For example...

1. Eating (generally, i don't over eat...just eating the wrong stuff or not paying attentiont to my choices)
2. Drinking (soda, not enough water)
3. Going to bed way too late (sometimes I can't sleep..but sometimes I am too busy FB'ing!)
4. Spending (Need to make a budget and stick to it)
5. Scale-I am either on it every day obsessively or not at all.

Self control is at the root of ALL my issues. I need to learn to delay gratification.
Self-Control is a good one to work on and it looks like you've identified where you need to focus. That's half of the battle right there!
Old 01-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #18

Monday I start my official T25 challenge group. Hubby is doing it with me. So today I go grocery shopping for the food that we need to make the meals that we are supposed to eat. I can already say that I will NOT be following the diet 100% although I will try some of the recipes. I have a good thing going on already. Mainly I'll be getting the food for hubby to start his stuff. I'm glad he's doing it although he's only doing it to get in shape for a man fun ski trip and not for health or for me lol.

Monday I ALSO start my official no going back have to get it done 12 week half marathon training schedule. I'm excited.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #19

I'm feeling good so far and tapering out the carbs from any food that's not a veggie, cheese nut or fruit.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:35 PM   #20

Impromptu 4 miler tonight. Decent time. I was trying to run an 11 pace because I've been reading about fat burning and zone training. The hilly mile pushed to about 12 because I walked to recover . Mile 4 was right about 10. Average was 11:15 so overall I pretty much did what I set out to. So yay. The longer your run is the slower you are supposed to push your pace in order to build miles and endurance and believe it or not lol speed. It was a fun run.

The picture I've attached is looking back at the top of the main hill at where I just ran.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140104_171413.jpg (20.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 01-04-2014, 08:41 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: joyful48
WOE: atkins
Well my gym finally opened . Went for my fitness assessment.
It's pretty bad when that leaves a person sore.
The next day I walked/ran for 30 mins. I was surprised
that I could run at all ! am setting my sites to do a 5k by March .

Cristine~the weather is crazy I day it is 70 then 52
Then it goes up to 80 sure can't pack anything up.

Heather ~I saw your before pic all I can say , wow
What a transformation .kudos
joyful48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
Hiya =) Everyone here is so motivated and has a great plan! I've been doing much better with my water and protein. I'm eating a lot of shrimp and raw ahi this week.

I really like the word "challenge" too, but I think my word will be "transform." I'm not only transforming my body, but my habits, my thinking, my health... you name it!

Hubs and I renewed our gym membership on New Year's Eve. I've went twice, so far. The first night I did legs. The next time, my back. Tomorrow, abs and super cardio. Each time I'm doing 20-30 minutes of warmup cardio too, mostly elliptical. But I'm lifting weights again and it feels good! (Now that I'm not to sore to lift a glass today =))

I've been walking my tush off since surgery-- literally! (Why do I always lose my tush and chest first?! Sigh.) I'm much less winded now! Once I get the dog doing it okay with me (we started last week and she seems to have forgotten leash manners during my recovery and there's still snow and ice everywhere!), we'll start the jog/walk thing. I downloaded the C25K app on my phone and I want to do it! That picture is great-- looks so peaceful.

I bought a bento box and have been building a high protein, low carb list of ideas. I'm going to use it to plan ahead and pack my breakfast and lunch every day for work.

Some fitness goals to at least work up to, try, and see if I love this year: Aerial yoga! Roller derby! Crossfit! Running! I have a roller derby brochure and I'm going to call them soon. It's something I always thought would be so cool!

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."

Last edited by Matrigna; 01-04-2014 at 08:59 PM..
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyful48 View Post
Well my gym finally opened . Went for my fitness assessment.
It's pretty bad when that leaves a person sore.
The next day I walked/ran for 30 mins. I was surprised
that I could run at all ! am setting my sites to do a 5k by March .

Cristine~the weather is crazy I day it is 70 then 52
Then it goes up to 80 sure can't pack anything up.

Heather ~I saw your before pic all I can say , wow
What a transformation .kudos
Thanks! I have to remind myself how far I've come sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
But I'm lifting weights again and it feels good! (Now that I'm not to sore to lift a glass today =))

I downloaded the C25K app on my phone and I want to do it! That picture is great-- looks so peaceful.

Some fitness goals to at least work up to, try, and see if I love this year: Aerial yoga! Roller derby! Crossfit! Running! I have a roller derby brochure and I'm going to call them soon. It's something I always thought would be so cool!
That pic is not peaceful lol. I run up all those hills!

Acro is one of my fave types of yoga. You should try that too. I've wanted to try aerial silks but there's nowhere near me offering it.

I have a friend who is post WLS and a BEAST at derby. If you have a fb profile I can hook you up if you wanna ask questions. Her surgeon would not clear it until a year post op. It's brutal lol. She's broken all kinds of things (take your calcium - WLSers tend to lose calcium density).
Old 01-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: AllisonB
Stats: Day of surgery:255/Today:142/Goal:140
Start Date: RNY 8/20/2012
Hi Everybody! I haven't been on this site much, but I've been busy, busy, busy. This is the first January in more years than I care to think about that "losing weight" hasn't been my NY Resolution. Sure, I would like to drop a few more pounds, but I am feeling great where I am right now. I have so much self-confidence I make myself sick (and likely, many of those around me ). My focus now is toning and tightening, and I'm going to break out the P90X again, maybe I won't feel like I'm dying this time.

I hope you all get as "sick" as I am
Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 220/138/120
Happy Monday, everyone!

Allison, that sounds like a wonderful point to be at. Good luck, this year!

Heather, I'm sure those rolling, scenic hills aren't NEARLY as peaceful when you're running it! About the roller derby, that would be great! I'll PM you. I did some snooping around, and the first, just-starting-up league that I had the flyer for isn't the real deal. I found the real league, even closer to me. Their "fresh meat" training/try-outs won't start for a few months yet, so that might be perfect. I'm a total beginner at this, so I'm thinking it may not be too hardcore at first. What a way to motivate me to take my calcium, though, huh? =)

I've been on a raw ahi kick. I can't believe how packed with protein some things are. I've been doing really well with upping my protein, drinking all of my water, and taking my vitamins. This week, my goal will be to exercise and sleep more. Seriously, my fitbit keeps telling me I am restless all night long. It's only registering between 3 to 5 hours of restful sleep, per night.
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:05 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonB View Post
Hi Everybody! I haven't been on this site much, but I've been busy, busy, busy. This is the first January in more years than I care to think about that "losing weight" hasn't been my NY Resolution. Sure, I would like to drop a few more pounds, but I am feeling great where I am right now. I have so much self-confidence I make myself sick (and likely, many of those around me ). My focus now is toning and tightening, and I'm going to break out the P90X again, maybe I won't feel like I'm dying this time.

I hope you all get as "sick" as I am
Lol! What an awesome sickness to have.

I start T25 today. Drank my Shakeology today - uh vomit. I will still be drinking my mint cookie.

My official half marathon training start day is today too.

So my weeks looks like:

M - (HM) Stretch & strengthen, (BB) Alpha Cardio
T - (HM) 3 m run, (BB) Speed 1.0
W - (HM) 5 x 400 at 5-K pace, (BB) Total Body Circuit
Th - (HM) 3 m run + strength, (BB) AB Intervals
F - (HM) Rest, (BB) Cardio & Lower Focus (double DVD day)
S - (HM) 3 m run, (BB) rest
Su - (HM) 5 m run, (BB) Stretch

Oh my
Old 01-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
Happy Monday, everyone!

Allison, that sounds like a wonderful point to be at. Good luck, this year!

Heather, I'm sure those rolling, scenic hills aren't NEARLY as peaceful when you're running it! About the roller derby, that would be great! I'll PM you. I did some snooping around, and the first, just-starting-up league that I had the flyer for isn't the real deal. I found the real league, even closer to me. Their "fresh meat" training/try-outs won't start for a few months yet, so that might be perfect. I'm a total beginner at this, so I'm thinking it may not be too hardcore at first. What a way to motivate me to take my calcium, though, huh? =)

I've been on a raw ahi kick. I can't believe how packed with protein some things are. I've been doing really well with upping my protein, drinking all of my water, and taking my vitamins. This week, my goal will be to exercise and sleep more. Seriously, my fitbit keeps telling me I am restless all night long. It's only registering between 3 to 5 hours of restful sleep, per night.
Lol, no. It's that hardcore from the start.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caligirl3
Stats: 265/246/165 (-19)
WOE: Clean eating, low carb & fitness (WLS-VSG 12/4/13)
Start Date: 12/1/13
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to this thread, I had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) on Dec. 4th, 2013. I started at 265 and my goal is 165. I'm a 5'8.5" female, and will be 42 in about a week.

I keep my protein between 60-80g/day, and my carbs under 60g/day. Anything less and I'm a mean person! I wish I could be around 40g per day, but really, it's not any good for me. So, moderate low carb for me. I usually eat very unprocessed, clean and whole foods, but I admit in the 5 weeks post op, I've been relying on many protein shakes and flavored yogurts, etc. for convenience sake. As I advance to the next phase of full bariatric diet at the end of this month, I'll move back towards my 90% clean eating diet. That helps me keep my carb intake lower.

I'm documenting my VSG journey on You Tube, check out my VLOG (name: Lissa VSG).

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in a number of Facebook support groups, so feel free to add me there as well: username- Lissa VSG.
caligirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirl3 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to this thread, I had the vertical sleeve gastrectomy (VSG) on Dec. 4th, 2013. I started at 265 and my goal is 165. I'm a 5'8.5" female, and will be 42 in about a week.

I keep my protein between 60-80g/day, and my carbs under 60g/day. Anything less and I'm a mean person! I wish I could be around 40g per day, but really, it's not any good for me. So, moderate low carb for me. I usually eat very unprocessed, clean and whole foods, but I admit in the 5 weeks post op, I've been relying on many protein shakes and flavored yogurts, etc. for convenience sake. As I advance to the next phase of full bariatric diet at the end of this month, I'll move back towards my 90% clean eating diet. That helps me keep my carb intake lower.

I'm documenting my VSG journey on You Tube, check out my VLOG (name: Lissa VSG).

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm in a number of Facebook support groups, so feel free to add me there as well: username- Lissa VSG.
I am on YouTube as well, but I haven't updated in over a year! Oops
Old 01-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: caligirl3
Stats: 265/246/165 (-19)
WOE: Clean eating, low carb & fitness (WLS-VSG 12/4/13)
Start Date: 12/1/13
Oh! Time for an update! What's your YT channel name?
caligirl3 is offline   Reply With Quote